Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 . . . 751 NEXT

So Happy I found this thread !! :D

I think I was 10-11 when I played this game and I distinctly remember it being for the playstation 1.
The game play was you could either choose from playing a male or female character. The story is also different from the gender you choose.

Both of them also had a back story. The female was aiming towards retaking her spot at the throne that either her stepsister, or her cousin took over. (and I think she used Magic to turn the female character to a pumpkin so that she wasn't able to fight her off or something). So the female is looking for "something" (i don't remember if it was a jewel or a person) to GRANT HER WISH of obtaining her right to the throne.
If you chose the male character, his goal was also to find the Jewel and resurrect his dead lover which had been killed by a snow monster. Therefore he also wants his wish to be granted.
Throughout the story, you either encounter the guy/girl and have to fight him from time to time. (Kinda like pokemon)

Other things I remember is the main girl used mostly magic (she did have a circle like weapon with her however) while the boy was more of a combat fighter. (with the basic swords and shield)

It's been killing me to know what the game's name it!! T__T If anyone knows or has an idea of what it was, please help >__< Thank you very much!

I've been looking for 2 games I played as a kid for years so I hope someone here recognized the games I'm looking for.
I played these games on pc (perhaps from a floppy disc) probably around late eighties begining of the ninties.

The first game had an egyptian theme with a top down view. I believe you were playing an explorer, looking to treasure inside the pyramid. There were enemies (mummies?) that you had to avoid (I don't think you could fight them) I remember most of the pyramidstones to be a bright yellow/gold and the treasures you were looking for were bright green/blue/purple (maybe also other colors) Those treasures were supposed to look like jewels I think.

The other game was more of platformer, with lots of green (I think the platforms were green). I don't remember the regular levels anymore, but the bonuslevel was a level without enemies and you had to get from platform to platform (definately via ropes but maybe also via ladders) to collect pieces of a diamond. You had to collect those pieces within a time limit. The pieces looked like big squares with part of the diamond on it. You had to collect quite a few to win this bonuslevel (I think you were shown a picture of the complete diamond if you got all pieces within the timelimit)

I've tried and tried and tried to find them while googling and have even asked my brother and father if they still know anything about them. My brother doesn't even remember them and my dad doesn't understand why I'd want to know these things >_<
I really hope someone here knows what I'm talking about!

Anyone please can help? I can remember almost everything about game but the name..

Anyone please can help? I can remember almost everything about game but the name..

Mazen Awawde:
Here is another description, please help me guys
. This game is a Top down, multiplayer Maze game with. There are neutral tanks driving around the maze that will kill anyone they're near, there is also money and various items in the maze for you to gather.

You set how many rounds you want the game to last for and at the end of each round you spen money on tanks, weapons, armour and abilities that allow you to faze through walls for a short time, turn invisible or ran faster for the whole round. Each player had a base in one corner that would only open for you unless they buy a one time use key, (i'd buy them and place mines in their base :).

The multiplayer was played using the same keyboard, not sure if it was possible to play LAN but if it is possible I'd definately like to find this old game and play against family and friends.

Anyone please can help? I remember almost everything about game but the name...

There was a game for either ps2 or ps1, it was kind of a dungeon crawler with destroyable equipment that'd look all stupid and rusty. You could play as a bow girl who started off fighting near some weird monolith or a sword guy. I also remember having green platemail with a pumpkin helmet.

RedsCraziness:

I think I was 10-11 when I played this game and I distinctly remember it being for the playstation 1.
The game play was you could either choose from playing a male or female character. The story is also different from the gender you choose.

Both of them also had a back story. The female was aiming towards retaking her spot at the throne that either her stepsister, or her cousin took over. (and I think she used Magic to turn the female character to a pumpkin so that she wasn't able to fight her off or something). So the female is looking for "something" (i don't remember if it was a jewel or a person) to GRANT HER WISH of obtaining her right to the throne.
If you chose the male character, his goal was also to find the Jewel and resurrect his dead lover which had been killed by a snow monster. Therefore he also wants his wish to be granted.
Throughout the story, you either encounter the guy/girl and have to fight him from time to time. (Kinda like pokemon)

Other things I remember is the main girl used mostly magic (she did have a circle like weapon with her however) while the boy was more of a combat fighter. (with the basic swords and shield)

It's been killing me to know what the game's name it!! T__T If anyone knows or has an idea of what it was, please help >__< Thank you very much!

That's Threads of Fate. Good game.

Hello everyone!! I am so glad this page exists I need your HELP guys and girls!
So I am looking for a pc game mid 90s 96,97 dunno for sure I think it was a demo game back then.
I think u play with a women but I am not 100% sure. Its a side scroller and I know I had a gun
and u aimed with a mouse,cursor was the aim! U start game at some cemetery and u fight some
monsters. The most similar gameplay thing i found was Abuse http://youtu.be/E9pUaHdtlMA but thats
not that game obviously. PLZZZZ Help me guys any sugestion and idea will be useful and ty in advance!!

Dzejolina:
Ok guys,I have a problem :) I have this game in my head for a looong time and I can't remember what is it...It starts with a girl on bridge,and there is levels like in some level she is in woods fighting some spider as I remember correctly,and there is one level that I remember the most,she is floating in a balloon,jumping on clouds,and jumping over an electricity balls or something like that... And she is a redhead :) Game is for playstation 1 around 1996-1997... Thank you sooo much

I registered just to say that it sounds like Pandemonium, if i'm wrong i'm going to feel real daft!

Colin Waardenberg:

It was a multi-directional scrolling free-roaming space-shooter, where you would collect shiny stuff that came out of asteroids that you shot. There were not a lot of enemies (i remember only 1), but the one there was, was of end-boss proportions. It was a metal round face, about 5-10 times bigger then your ship, and said "Run, run, run!!". If you shot off enough pieces it would then run off, only to come back later. It also was a lot faster then you i remember, and i think movement of your spaceship was indirect (thruster based). I never finished it, but i remember it so well because my broter and i were playing it in the night and his the end-boss his face plus his lines were so rediculous we were rolling over the flour laughing :).

Sinistar.

gogeta30min:
This is gonna be rough, so please bare with me. I don't really remember what kind of game this was, the playable character was an alien (i think) or something similar. The setting was someplace "tech-y" and the playable character was blue-ish. I believe it was an Old Sega cd game, or possibly a PS1 game. I think the graphics were 3D but played as a side-scroller. I don't remember if you were escaping or infiltrating. From what I remember the graphics were unusually good for the time-period I'm thinking of. I think you could pick up weapons in the game but I'm unsure. Sorry for the vagueness, please help if you can.

You don't mean Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey?

OMG!!! TNX MAN you are king dude :DDD I can't belive it ,I was looking it for years !

hi
I'm looking for an old 2D pc game i don't know when it was made I only remember some stuff from the game you started by picking your spaceship, you had to pick from less than 10 if I remember correctly they were all strange you could pick from an eye to a triangle to a pyramid and a circle if I'm not mistaken and some other that I don't remember then you picked your race i think and you started. The game was played on a 2 by 4 grid if I'm not mistaken you would start in one of the 8 cells in your home planet and then you could move around to other planets some had life others didn't others where for mining but in the beginning you where limited to your cell because the border between each cell was lasers you had to upgrade the shield of your spaceship before moving through also you could upgrade the speed and the weapons of your spaceship. The goal of the game was to defeat the other AI player by finding their home planet and or (not sure) destroying it and all the other planets it inhabited. Also I remember that you could inhabit other planets and you made money for the upgrades for your ship by mining planets and sell the ore to the inhabited planets

That is what I remember sorry for not having more details I would be very thankful if anyone knows it. Thanks

Yay!!!! thankyouthankyouthankyou, That has been bugging me for years, thank you for finding out for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Batou667:

gogeta30min:
This is gonna be rough, so please bare with me. I don't really remember what kind of game this was, the playable character was an alien (i think) or something similar. The setting was someplace "tech-y" and the playable character was blue-ish. I believe it was an Old Sega cd game, or possibly a PS1 game. I think the graphics were 3D but played as a side-scroller. I don't remember if you were escaping or infiltrating. From what I remember the graphics were unusually good for the time-period I'm thinking of. I think you could pick up weapons in the game but I'm unsure. Sorry for the vagueness, please help if you can.

You don't mean Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey?

Yay!!!! thankyouthankyouthankyou, That has been bugging me for years, thank you for finding out for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i REALLY REALLY need help finding this game as it has been driving me absolutely crazy!!! i dont have much to go on as this was around 15 years ago or more (back in early middle school years) and i absolutely MUST figure out this game!!!

from what i can remember it was
- a arena based combat game (i think turn based but it was DEFINATLY NOT FPS style)
-where there was only one map/area and it was a small village/town where there was a item shop (or maybe seperate item shop, weapon shop, and armor shop) and you fought in the local arena and leveled up (or maybe you didnt level you just got gold to buy better items)
- if you died you started over
-i think it was a MAC based game but not sure, it might have been PC (this was played on school computers and im not even sure the school knew it was on some of the computer lab PC's lol)
-it was DEFINANETLY NOT A TEXT BASED GAME, and the graphics were very basic
-and i cant remember if you fought monsters or just other men (bandits, gladiators, and such) i just remember there was basic weapons like axes, swords, and stuff to choose from then you went to fight to get better (either by getting money for better items or experiance...)
-i believe it was from between 1980-1995 (sorry, i know this is very general, but its all i got)
-(UPDATE) i dont believe you actually viewed the combat happening as moving graphics or anything i believe it was pictures accompanied by text saying how much damage you did and how much they did... )

$$$$$I WILL PAY A $20.00 REWARD THRU PAYPAL TO THE FIRST PERSON TO SUCCESSFULLY HELP ME FIND THIS GAME AS IT IS DRIVING ME ABSOLUTELY CRAZY$$$$$$ , and i simply MUST know what the game was,
please PM ME so i will know as soon as you contact me about the game (also post it in case others are looking for the game too please!!

Sorry Guys...... I have another one to ask of you.

It was an arcade game where you played as a boy and a girl on a handcart, like the ones on a railroad where you push it up and down? The game was controlled by actually pushing up and down on a massive bar to increase your speed and by hitting two pedals to lean from side to side or jump to avoid obstacles. It was a two player game, with both people having to cooperate to jump or lean but getting an overall advantage in speed from having the two of you.

lawrencein:

Torje Dreng Andersen:
Hey guys, looking for a old game, cant remember if its playstation 1 or 2, but you are on a train, and i think there were military there that you had to fight, the style is alot like dino crysis, and other capcom games.

Maybe Chase The Express/Covert Ops: Nuclear Dawn

Thats the one, thanks ^^!

OK I have one more to throw out there - would be really surprised if anyone could name it. I don't remember a whole lot about this game, but it was a point and click where you explored a haunted/scary house. One of the rooms was boarded up and I think you couldn't ever get in there, and then in the attic there was a record player that would play "When the saints go marching in" when clicked. I think you have to find keys or something in the house, although this game is not Gahan Wilson's Ultimate Haunted House, or the 7th Guest or 11th Hour. I seem to have learned about games that I never played but can't find the one I'm looking for. I actually found a post from several years ago on a different site from someone looking for the same game, and they said they remembered a green door being on the cover of the box. Game is from the mid 90's. If anyone could think of it I would be eternally grateful. Thanks!

FizzyIzze:

Divinnity:

No one at all?

Are you thinking of Shining Tears?

Nope, thats not it. :/ It had to do with a rather common plot of a band of rebels/outlying nations trying to stop an evil empire from subverting the entire realm, etc etc. But it turns out in some weird twist that the main character, who had amnesia, turned out to be THE emperor. And so at the end, you can choose whether or not to be the emperor, or to stay with all your friends and stuff you made playing the game and whatnot. The game was a strategy game, turn based. And the characters fought with "ring" weapons, as in...all the weapons were rings. Just rings, anyone could equip any ring, but based on their soul, it would turn into different weapons. And the main characters ring always turned into a broadsword. I remember another character you get later on was a bard who had a rapier.

I also have a game i remember playing but can't remember the name. I remember it had cars with weapons and you could get out if the car was about to blow up and get another car and you did missions. i think one of them you have to get out of a cave before it calapsed or something to that sort. (PC game) its making me mad that i can't remember cause i liked the game. if anyone knows thank you.

Theres this game I use to play about a decade or so again when I was really wrong and its starting to really bother me ! I know Im not giving much on the details but its driving me crazy. I remember that you played as this kid wearing blue like a tshirt and had a red handkerchief scarf. There were cut scenes in the game but mostly it was played in 2D like how it scrolls across. I think you might have started in a garage of some sort when you realise something was taken from you (Your dog maybe?) I briefly remember a cut scene involving this weird fat flying monster eating some sort of apple in a tree?

PC Windows 95/98 I think,

Hope you guys can help me on this one 'cause I can't remember the name off this game I played as a kid.

It was a 2D top-down shooter for pc, from mid/late 90'ies - I'm geussing. You controlled This Green little soldier-looking man, shooting your way through levels of enemies, which I remember as red soldiers(and not sure, but robots, tanks and choppers to) dropping ammo or an equipable weapon as you shot them.
You had to Collect these keycards for shutted doors and I think They had a specific color, these keycards, matchning only the same collered doors.

Give a bid, if you have an idea of what game it might be. I've searched for it for a Long time now, so I'm gratefull that a forum like this offers this opportunity - thanks.

IVE GOT A SERIOUS QUESTION, DOES ANYONE KNOW THE NAME OF 2 GAMES:
1) WHAT I REMEMBER: IT WAS FOR PS1, YOU WERE LIKE ROBOT THINGS. AND YOU COULD CHANGE THE COLOURS AND I THINK IT WAS 3D GRAPHICS AND IT WAS A FIGHTING STYLE GAME.
2) WHAT I REMEMBER: FOR PC (I THINK) YOU WERE SOME GUY, AND YOU WERE IN A LIKE A HUGE 1 STORY BUILDING AND YOU WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE AND SOME PEOPLE WERE TRYING TO PENETRATE THE "FORTRESS" AT NIGHT OR SOMETHING? (IT WAS A TILT-SHIFT VIEW OF THE BUILDING BTW) AND YOU COULD MOVE THROUGH-OUT THE BUILDING (I DO NOT KNOW WHAT POINT THE GAME WAS)

PPPLLEEAAASSEE HELP!? ME AND MY BROTHER NEED TO KNOW! :) THANK YOUU SO MUCH!

Benpasko:

RedsCraziness:

That's Threads of Fate. Good game.

OMG!! You sir deserve my gratitude and respect !! Thank you so muchhhhhh!! T_T I can't believe I'm about to cry!! Thank you, Thank you so much!!
If there's anything I can help you with at least please tell me :)
Thank you again!!

gogeta30min:

It was an arcade game where you played as a boy and a girl on a handcart, like the ones on a railroad where you push it up and down? The game was controlled by actually pushing up and down on a massive bar to increase your speed and by hitting two pedals to lean from side to side or jump to avoid obstacles. It was a two player game, with both people having to cooperate to jump or lean but getting an overall advantage in speed from having the two of you.

You are not the only one looking for the name of that game. I found two other threads on that subject. All I found out was that the game was at Chuck E. Cheese.

serradm:
Theres this game I use to play about a decade or so again when I was really wrong and its starting to really bother me ! I know Im not giving much on the details but its driving me crazy. I remember that you played as this kid wearing blue like a tshirt and had a red handkerchief scarf. There were cut scenes in the game but mostly it was played in 2D like how it scrolls across. I think you might have started in a garage of some sort when you realise something was taken from you (Your dog maybe?) I briefly remember a cut scene involving this weird fat flying monster eating some sort of apple in a tree?

Sounds like Heart of Darkness.

serradm:

Heart of Darkness.

[edit] Gah, ninja'd!

hello everyone :)
I think it was 10 years ago when I played this game on my old PC
It's a robot game that has 2 mode (Story mode and VS mode)
You played as a robot and could turn into a jetfighter(or something like) same as Transformer :/
You can play 1 player or 2 players to fight together or to battle in VS mode that's separate your screen into 2 part for each player (2 player in 1 PC)
In VS mode,
- You can control 1 robot but you can build another robot soldier for your team
- At the Podium in the middle of map has a weapon that can be pick by the player who come first

It's been killing me to know what the game's name it!! If anyone knows or has an idea of what it was, please help >__< Thank you very much!
( I'm not good at writing English. I apologize for any mistake I may cause.)

mootez:
i played a video game (action\adventure) around the year 2000 , the main character is a woman dressed in white that fights robots (and sometimes people too) in a building with laser guns and also she does some kick-*** moves while fighting . In the beginning of the game she's riding a motocycle and she kinda does some drifting or sliding to enter the building because the door s is closing .i played it on computer.it's not one of those "old" games like metal slug or street fighter .it was actually in 3D. please help me find this game IT will mean the world to me and thanks

This is ONI maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oni_(video_game)

Batou667:

Colin Waardenberg:

* my description *

Sinistar.

Wow, thank you so so much :-)! Have been looking for years, literally! Have a Cookie!

Awesome Thread Escapist!

I've got a good one for you:

-mid-late 1980's(no later than '88)
-PC or Apple(it was in color)
-RPG, 1st person

*All I can remember is, during character/party select, you are walking through a light grey brick(cobblestone) dungeon, up to these framed paintings(portraits) on the walls. Once you get click to get up close to the painting, you click on it to select.

*Sorry, I can't remember much more than that, not even gameplay. -It's been about 25 years ago & I been thinking about it for forever.

Hi all,

I am looking for an old macintosh game (at least I played it on a Macintosh). I believe it was called "quest" (but not sure, Google does not give me anything).
The game was really like the "Half Inch Heist" game for phone/tab (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIDmYdwjX-M).
it had weird sounds when you'ld gather diamonds/jewels whatever it was.

It was in color and I played it on a Mac LC I in early 90's.

thanks if everyone can find the name.

Forlong:

gogeta30min:

You are not the only one looking for the name of that game. I found two other threads on that subject. All I found out was that the game was at Chuck E. Cheese.

I finally found out the game title, It was Magical Truck Adventure by Sega. If you can remember those threads, please let them know what you've found out.

Hi! Joined this forum JUST so I could get some help and assistance in finding this one game I've lately been going crazy trying to find.

It was a PS2 game (if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure it was a fighting game, but it wasn't from the sideview, you were able to see the character infront of you). If I remember correctly, the only character you could play as in the game was one female character who had her hair in a ponytail (she had a full body outfit -- I think you could change the colors to either purple, green, or black, but don't take my word on that), and she fought against herself on the opposing team. The location was in a dome type area that occasionally had no gravity. I wish I could try to remember more, but this is all I can think of at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if I've just gone crazy and just dreamed about this game, or I'm just having serious trouble trying to find it.

Thank you so much to anyone who could try to help. :)

I also just joined to see if I can get any help finding an old game!

It was a PC game for kids with an environmental message. I remember that the basic "plot" was that there was a planet which had its natural environment destroyed by industrial pollution, and you had to do various minigames in order to get the resources to return it to its former state.

Each minigame was associated with a different planet in the same solar system. You played as 3 different people in the different minigames - either a blonde white girl, a brown or black haired black girl (who might've been a boy), or a purple dinosaur (I don't know how they had a sapient purple dinosaur with them). I only remember two of the minigames:

- A maze minigame where you play as the blonde girl. The maze is underground on a red planet (I believe), and you have to search the maze for a bag of seeds, which you then must return to the surface. I remember there being riddles in the maze that you would have to answer to advance.

- A minigame where you played as the dinosaur, in which you had to sort recycling into plastic, paper, and metal. The recycling would come along on a conveyor belt and you would have to press the relevant button before it reached the end of the belt.

I really don't remember much else about it other than minor details (the two human characters wore identical white clothing, the screen where you selected which minigame to play showed the different planets with a progress bar next to each of them - once you'd progressed far enough through each minigamee you won), and that it was probably made in the early-mid nineties, as that's roughly when I played it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give! :)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 . . . 751 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here