Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 . . . 851 NEXT

There was an online multiplayer game where you were a sphere, with guns. Pow pow pow. just death match, capture flag etc.

Pleeeease someone help me with this game, it's killng me not to remember its name.
It is a PC Racing game that I used to play about 10 years ago. The player was a cop car, and there were lots of other cars, like a jeep and a yellow bus, but as i had the trial version, only the cop car and the first track were unlocked.
I remember that in the first track you had to jump over a broken bridge, and sometimes it starts to rain and thunder.
Other thing that I remember is that you had a turbo boost in shape of a lightning, and when u use it, the car siren rings.
I'm pretty sure at the end of the track there was a farm tractor that u had to avoid.
So if someone has a clue on that i would be veeery gratefull. Thanks

Petra Michael:
Hello! So I've been searching all over for a game I played once when I was really young, but I have yet to find anything that seems like the exact game I'm thinking of.

Here's what I remember. This game was for the PC, and I remember that in the game you start off as a couple of people looking for a place to settle. You can only see the land you've explored, while everything else is black, kinda like in Civilization. Once you find a good place, you then have to go out and search for food by either collecting berries and stuff or hunting wild animals. You also have to collect wood (I think?) to start building houses and other buildings. After a while you get other people to join your little village, and as time goes on you start to learn better technologies, like farming, building stone structures, better weapons, ect. You also have to protect your place from enemies that can try to evade as well.

The closest games that I could find were Age of Empires and Empire Earth, but neither of these look like what I was thinking of. Any ideas on what this could be?

The Settlers? (other close contenders could be Rise Of Nations or maybe even ANNO 1602, the description doesn't match entirely but hey we never know)

I actually finally figured it out. Turns out I major derped and thought that Age of Empires wasn't it, but after looking at more let's plays and stuff it turns out that it actually was it. Oops. XD

The Anno games looks super neat though! I'll defiantly have to check that out. :D

It was a lego game...it was on the GBA, and it was set in a movie studio...there was also a 3D hot wheels game for the PC, set outdoors, with several different cars, several different outdoor tracks, and a track editor mode.

PCS1813:
Pleeeease someone help me with this game, it's killng me not to remember its name.
It is a PC Racing game that I used to play about 10 years ago. The player was a cop car, and there were lots of other cars, like a jeep and a yellow bus, but as i had the trial version, only the cop car and the first track were unlocked.
I remember that in the first track you had to jump over a broken bridge, and sometimes it starts to rain and thunder.
Other thing that I remember is that you had a turbo boost in shape of a lightning, and when u use it, the car siren rings.
I'm pretty sure at the end of the track there was a farm tractor that u had to avoid.
So if someone has a clue on that i would be veeery gratefull. Thanks

Pretty sure it's 'Ignition'. Was a fun little game =]

Eh, I too have a game I can't remember for the life of me. It is a ps1 game and its something similar to gradius, and no it's wont be darrius because the boss I remember is way bigger. Well I will try and describe what I remember the best I can. So I remember one level where its like your underwater and somewhere in level, I believe half way point?, You see a angler fish like boss "swim" through the background and after going through more of the level you fight it later in level. The size of the boss is the entire right side of the screen and your a tiny ship shooting at it. I believe the boss was stage 2 or 3 boss I can't remeber exactly but I use to play that game to death. If anyone knows the name of the game then I would so want to know so I can find the game again and play it. :P

Alright got a tough one,
PC game most likely on windows 95 or 98. Very cartoony kind of reminds me of home movies from adult swim. The bases from what I remember is that you play as a girl with red hair and help out her family. Its education and point and click based and came out late 1990s early 2000. The girl has a large family, like in each room there is a family member. They are a bit off but very intelligent. There is a kitchen where you learn the units of measurement( how many pints are in a quart and so on) I think the goal has something to do with pizza because the last thing you had to do was cut a pizza using fractions so that everyone could have a slice. It opens with the girl in the foyer or living room and her parents tell her to go find her crazy grandma. The other mis. info I can remember is something about the little brothers room which is full of monitors, there was a room where you had to enter a tv or maybe it was a picture?, there was some sort of song room with a duck that sang "watch my foot stupid. whatre you trying to do kill me?" (odd yes)Also I think the title of the game is the girls name or maybe the familys name. And for some reason I think it starts with an F like Fenton or Fently Franny..something like that. So if you guys could help me out that would be super.

Ok so the game I'm trying to find is either a windows 95 or 98 game. I remember you had to type a code into a DOS like screen to get it to run, it was a really crappy 3D animated game and the background was always black. The characters were a brother and a sister and they were little round things and their hands and feet float and weren't attached. Their house had a face and at the beginning of the game it flies them to space and at the end it flies back. I faintly remember a pirate ship in space and some red? pirate type enemies. That's as much as I can remember other than the version of the game I had came with a little cardboard frame to put around your computer monitor. Any help would be appreciated, sorry for the spurty details.

Hi All,
I joined escapist just to ask this question:
I used to play a very old game in which there were lots of monkeys and a scientist who used wheel chair. It was to be played by switch soul from one monkey to another or to the scientist.
And we had to take the scientist through all the levels with monkeys help.

There were chickens which we used to fill some water sinks or throw at monkeys or to venus trap plants.

Please please lemme know.

Thanks.

I'm trying find old game like 2001-2004. You are playing a man with sword or axe you can upgrade your armor and weapon. In the begining you kill green goblins like monkeys and they dropped grapes coins and etc. First you were outside of tavern or smth like that. You can spell magic. There were spiders and giants. I cant remember name please help.

coray123:
I'm trying find old game like 2001-2004. You are playing a man with sword or axe you can upgrade your armor and weapon. In the begining you kill green goblins like monkeys and they dropped grapes coins and etc. First you were outside of tavern or smth like that. You can spell magic. There were spiders and giants. I cant remember name please help.

Is it Golden Axe?

spanish2:

coray123:

Is it Golden Axe?

unfortunately not. It's newer game. Better graphics. You start near the beach like town. There was a blacksmith and tavern. İn blacksmith I remember one woman and man. In tavern there was a magician. First you go to the left side there were couple of trees. In the game there was giant made of grass.Thats all i remember thanks for the any help

as a kid in 1998, i had a pc game called trains or so. it had these russian 1930 era trains docked at this metro, and there were 3 of them. the one cutscene i remember most was this child, and this one sound kept playing and his eyes changed or something i cant remember but this game sure was creepy.

another game i remember was this game with pharaohs tomb. at the time i had a fear of being trapped in egyptian tombs, and developed a small fear of bats. my explorer started going down the steps to the tomb. he took a hidden door on the stairs to his left, which led to a blueish cave with stalactites hanging over. bats swarm down and knock him to his feet and he screams HElp HELP HELP and he lies dead. a ring of red developing under his crumpled body and the bats return to their ceiling. the screen blanks and a dark chiseled face of the pharaoh looks down on you from the shadows with some "you are dead" music.

these were the two games i erased from my memory as a child. i'd be gratful to know what they are so i can go back and someday scare my child too.

I remember playing a game that was on either the ps1 or n64. You played as a blue soldier and you were helping these animals. The animals had some type of shaman. He had a medicine staff too. There were also these red houses I think. One mission was on a flying island with bridges connecting them. Im sorry for the small amount of info but I played it when I was like 4.

Hi guys,I try to remember a very old game. I used to play on Mac way back in early 2000s, and I'm not sure there ever was a PC version. so there was a troll, and he would go from level to level throwing cats and dogs off the boards, and at the end of each level block this troll had to fight a big fat rat. i rememeber there was a mud level where troll would move very quickly, kinda sliding. and there was a sea level where troll would move very slowly.

oh, and you could also choose to play two trolls.

any guesses?

Hey, everyone, I remember playing a game (supposedly) called "Dragon" on PC (about 15 or so years ago, I was very young), for DOS or perhaps Win 95 (but I'd say the former), though I'm not sure if it's its actual name, it may have been Dragon something, but that's how we used to call it. Its main menu screen had brown background with the word "DRAGON" written on it something like in this picture: http://i47.tinypic.com/155s5ud.png (with a different font, of course)
It was a 2D adventure-like game with quite good graphics as I recall, you had to control a man, the screen scrolled as you advanced as in Super Mario (sorry, I don't know what that's called:D), you came across other men who you were to slay with a sword. Another characteristic thing about it was that sometimes you could go under the ground on ladders by clilming down into sewer-like holes, and you could also meet enemies in there. After we had put toward a more advanced computer, this game wouldn't run, so I had to forget about it, hence my lack of information on it. Does anyone have any clue by any chance which game it may have been? Thanks in advance :)

*Oh, and I don't remember it featuring any dragon at the beginning, either. (don't know about the rest)

Can't remember the name of these games I used to play. I remember I used to play it on emulators, all of which were on the same emulators roughly 10-12 years ago.
One game sort of reminds people of street fighters, its divided into stages and one of the enemies you high are Electra's that come in several different colored hairs based on how strong they were? not sure.
Another was you get to choose male or female characters and you play in the same style as the game I just mentioned but except the enemies usually include dinosaurs (grenades in that game were op).
There were a few more in the emulator I don't remember much detail of except one of the games was Punisher, another was some ..Dynasty warrior?ish game.
It *might* have been a Neo Geo emulator but I can't remember for certain. Kinda of trying to find the titles of those games and replay it...good times...

UltCrisis:
Eh, I too have a game I can't remember for the life of me. It is a ps1 game and its something similar to gradius, and no it's wont be darrius because the boss I remember is way bigger. Well I will try and describe what I remember the best I can. So I remember one level where its like your underwater and somewhere in level, I believe half way point?, You see a angler fish like boss "swim" through the background and after going through more of the level you fight it later in level. The size of the boss is the entire right side of the screen and your a tiny ship shooting at it. I believe the boss was stage 2 or 3 boss I can't remeber exactly but I use to play that game to death. If anyone knows the name of the game then I would so want to know so I can find the game again and play it. :P

The only other Shmups I remember on the PS1 were R-Type... Maybe its that.

guitarman1234:
So there's this game I remember playing on a Windows 95.

It's a 2D action platformer.
You control a lizard dude, who runs around in the jungle shooting enemies.
I think he has a laser gun.
At first you have to go underground and after that you have to climb high onto the trees to get over a sort of wall on the left. If you get over it, there's a bigger enemy.

I seriously hope someone knows what I'm talking about. I've been searching for this game for 8 years.

Gex maybe? or James Pond...

It was a JRPG for the Gamecube. Main character had this head of red hair, had a blonde girlfriend. Looked very young. First boss was a ginat venus fly trap. First place was an Aztech looking ruin. THen they went and fought on an airship.

Okay, I'll try this again:

I remember playing an old DOS game that my dad referred to as Orion. All I really remember is that you start underneath a stereotypical looking UFO, you have a jetpack, and have to come back to the UFO to fuel up the jetpack if you run out of fuel. Other than that your character wore A blue jumpsuit and you had to explore a metroid-vania style open world. It was a 2D game.

All of my searches come up with Masters of Orion, which it is NOT as far as I know.

Hi. Wondering if anybody can help with this?

The game is like a story playing out, you play the game and it gives you pieces of the story in order. The character you play is a girl with magic powers and your supposed to collect different things, mainly gems and stones though. She has brown hair and I think brown eyes. The farther you get in the game you'll meet more people. One of the first people you meet is a prince (I think his name is William), he is blonde, and another character is also a prince, but he's a dark prince I think. He has red hair. I can't remember much else.

I need help this playstation 1 game its a RPG turn based game and as I recall the game starts off on a ship sailing to a destination and then monsters attack the ship and you wreck to an island that is gothic themed and eerie scenery and you fight a boss right before you get off the ship wreckage.

The game I can't remember is a computer strategy rts I use to play as a kid, you built an area to build units which when the units killed enemy units they slowly gained gold armor. The final unit was a dragon depending the people you were. It had all sorts of random units like warcraft 3. I've been trying to think of this game for awhile now, if someone could help I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I've got three I can't remember. One of them was a game that I saw my friend play about a decade ago, where one of the bosses was a giant dragon, which he fought after talking to an older looking man of Asian descent. It was for the PS2 or Xbox, if memory serves correctly. I remember that he kept failing it, and eventually he was given the option to skip over the battle entirely. A lot of shooting. I thought it was a True Crime game for a long while, but I'm not so sure now. There was another game he played shortly after that one, he said it was a Bruce Lee game, but it didn't look like the other one I saw (which had some really crappy gameplay). He may have been referring to the fact that it was a fighting game that reminded him of Bruce Lee. It looked better than the one I know of, and had a third person perspective.

The next one is a game I never played, but I saw a Youtube video of it. This was around the time L.A. Noire was about to be released, and I was looking for some gameplay vids, but all I ended up finding was a game that clearly wasn't L.A. Noire, but it looked interesting so I watched anyways. It was a detective game, I believe, and one part had the player character beating someone up for information. All I can remember about the game aside from that is that the song "Stranger in Moscow" by Michael Jackson was playing on the radio. Anyone know the names of any of these? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Rhys Pettican:
I remember this game i think it was played on the sega megadrive (Genesis) in the 90's. Description of it you were a little spaceship with baby angel wings where you would fight bosses, last boss with a big rainbow fish. That is all i can remember. If someone could remember would help a great deal as i have been searching for hours

I guess it's Arrow Flash!

krystor:
There's a game I can hardly remember, Its been driving me crazy for years. It's on ps1. It started with a cinematic, maybe anime. After that, you're in a cave and you can move huge stone blocks. You're a man with a sword and if a bat comes along, everything freezes and you can choose attack or defence I think and you can kill the bat. The graphics weren't good but I can't remember the game's name, please help!

Vagrant Story

Here it goes: A racing game pre 2000 maybe even pre 1998 for the pc where you have what i remember a kinda free flying camera (not set after the car or in the car). You race with different cars and all of them have there own speed boosts witch had different sound effects like a police siren for the cop car.. The only cars i remember from the game are a cop car and a yellow "banana" car (i think the name of it had something to do with banana). I only remember one track where there is a short cut in the end with a tractor you could get killed by.There is also a game mode i remembers is witch if you are the second to last to cross the Finnish line of the track you blow up the last car. I was <10 when i played it last so i don't remember much of it. If there is somebody that know the title i would be really happy.

Hello! I am also looking for an probably quite old console game. All I know is that there was this character: http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8641/18484177.png , nothing else. Sorry for the quality of the image, thats all I got. Unfortunately google graphics won't help me with finding any info about this title. I would be grateful for any answers.

Btw. Lolinator, that game is Ignition, I am 100 % sure, played that aswell. :)

Shav69:
Hello! I am also looking for an probably quite old console game. All I know is that there was this character: http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8641/18484177.png , nothing else. Sorry for the quality of the image, thats all I got. Unfortunately google graphics won't help me with finding any info about this title. I would be grateful for any answers.

Btw. Lolinator, that game is Ignition, I am 100 % sure, played that aswell. :)

Thank you!

Rusecue:
I've got three I can't remember. One of them was a game that I saw my friend play about a decade ago, where one of the bosses was a giant dragon, which he fought after talking to an older looking man of Asian descent. It was for the PS2 or Xbox, if memory serves correctly. I remember that he kept failing it, and eventually he was given the option to skip over the battle entirely. A lot of shooting. I thought it was a True Crime game for a long while, but I'm not so sure now. There was another game he played shortly after that one, he said it was a Bruce Lee game, but it didn't look like the other one I saw (which had some really crappy gameplay). He may have been referring to the fact that it was a fighting game that reminded him of Bruce Lee. It looked better than the one I know of, and had a third person perspective.

The next one is a game I never played, but I saw a Youtube video of it. This was around the time L.A. Noire was about to be released, and I was looking for some gameplay vids, but all I ended up finding was a game that clearly wasn't L.A. Noire, but it looked interesting so I watched anyways. It was a detective game, I believe, and one part had the player character beating someone up for information. All I can remember about the game aside from that is that the song "Stranger in Moscow" by Michael Jackson was playing on the radio. Anyone know the names of any of these? Any info is greatly appreciated.

3. Maybe Heavy Rain for PS3?

saintdane05:
It was a JRPG for the Gamecube. Main character had this head of red hair, had a blonde girlfriend. Looked very young. First boss was a ginat venus fly trap. First place was an Aztech looking ruin. THen they went and fought on an airship.

Could be the same one that came up a few weeks back. I only played the Dreamcast version. It was called Evolution Worlds on the Gamecube.

Red-haired main character and blonde girl is a fit. They went round lots of ruins, and I remember a bit on an airship later on.

cloroxbb:
[quote="Rusecue" post="9.166417.16781449"]I've got three I can't remember. One of them was a game that I saw my friend play about a decade ago, where one of the bosses was a giant dragon, which he fought after talking to an older looking man of Asian descent. It was for the PS2 or Xbox, if memory serves correctly. I remember that he kept failing it, and eventually he was given the option to skip over the battle entirely. A lot of shooting. I thought it was a True Crime game for a long while, but I'm not so sure now. There was another game he played shortly after that one, he said it was a Bruce Lee game, but it didn't look like the other one I saw (which had some really crappy gameplay). He may have been referring to the fact that it was a fighting game that reminded him of Bruce Lee. It looked better than the one I know of, and had a third person perspective.

That Bruce Lee game might be God Hand actually. Its a TPP brawler.

WOooooow that was it!!! |Thaaaanks a lot!!! U r great

1 game....the main caracter was a girl with red hair,that learned after some time in the game to use magic at a magic school,the game starts with her in bed and her grandmother in the kitchen,when she left town a boy of the towns smith came with her he learned to use the sword,he was blonde,...later in the game you meet a shapeshifter in a town full of animals,he is a greed lizard or something...sry but i can't remember the game very much i played it 7 years ago.Also the girl can go to the swamp to learn witch magic.there are also other place were to learn magic,not only the witch kind.the game is a RPG as i remember,and no it was not slayers related(anime series)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 . . . 851 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here