Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 . . . 751 NEXT

Doomgriever:

grasmanek94:
When I was ver very young I played a First PErson shooter, the only things I remember is that you certailny had a pistol i the game (don't know about other weapons). It feeled like WOII or something, spy-icy. You were alone no teammates or something. I remember a mission where there was snow all around you, railroads/train or railcars and a red building. Most of the game was snowy missions I think. I don't know if I ever got to finishing it but it's bothering me for a few years and won't stop until my death or until I find this game... :/ I think maybe THQ has released or created it but the wikipedia pages are incomplete. (or atleast I >>think<< I remember a "THQ" logo when the game startsup). It's a Playstation 1 Game (or atleast I played it on the PS1, but maybe it's for the PS2 too or something? :/)

Thanks in advance whoever gets me out of this misery! XD

Medal Of Honor 1? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQWVOE_amYs )
Or Medal Of Honor: Underground (I don't remember if there are any snow levels in Underground, but you defenitely play as a spy)

Looks indeed very familiar but I don't see any railroads/train or railcars (especially red ones) ;o and I don't really remember if it had a reticule or not for health/direction etc.. probbly not :$

i played a game for about nine years ago, where you started in a room with, i believe a fireplace, and then you could choose party members. up to four i think. you could choose a dragon, an mage half orc etc. i cant really remember how you played but i think you clicked which way you wanted to go, and then it moved. then there could be monsters on your way, and i think you took turns to kill each other. they could drop armor but you could only wear it if you were the specific class the armor was meat to. Hope you can help. and i remember it was first person and not super good graphics.

Doomgriever:

duchess101:
hi! I need some help as well. I'm looking for a game I used to play on playstation (not sure if 1 or 2 though). You could battle two dinosaurs against each other in multiplayer style. The ankylosaurus was the absolute boss if I recall correctly. Should be at least 8 years old.

thanks so much!

Warpath: Jurassic Park ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaWImtU3S0&t=8m30s )

Thanks so much, dude. I was having a really heated argument with a friend about ankylo versus raptor and there's only one way to settle it!
Here, have this virtual beer!

Hey everyone. I'm new. :) I actually started out by searching endlessly through Google for this one particular game I once played long ago. I just can't quite remember the name of it. This site has been the one to appear on top of the search results list the most frequently. I was wondering if anyone could kindly help. :) The game that's been bothering me with blurry memories, I believe, looked a little like Tomb Raider. You played in third person as a woman and ran through a giant tunnel. Giant bugs that glowed green would rapidly crawl towards you. And you had to shoot them real quick. I remember you had the ability to walk all over the walls, even go upside down, but in your perspective, you were still right side up. There were also razors running through the walls/ground and you had to jump over them to avoid being shredded. There was also a part where the tunnel ended and you had to jump on a moving platform to get to the other side, which was another tunnel. When I played this on my PC long ago as a kid, I clearly remember this game being a demo and you were required to buy the full version. Therefore I wasn't able to go further into the game. :( Can anyone help please? @_@

rastablastamasta:
Hey guys,

I'm searching for a game which a friend wants to show me. He played it around 2002 or 2003, but it's probably older, and he's not sure, but assumes he played it on Windows already.

It seems to be a platform game, probably side-scrolling. The graphics were quite rudimentary, the characters only being an unrecognisable bunch of pixels. My friend remembers one environment being a winter scene, but overall the game was colourful and warm.

The essence of the game was to control a creature which collected other fictional creatures. Once you found them, they followed you in a queue making funny sounds. Sometimes they were hidden behind e.g. a bank of snow and surprisingly started to follow when you passed it. The more you collected the better. The steering was regular with arrow keys or similar, you could jump around and the creatures did exactly the same.

The main creature probably didn't have special abilities like shooting. We think there must've been enemies besides traps and stuff, but you didn't have to somehow defend your buddies, they just did what you did and were fine as long as you didn't step into a trap or got killed otherwise.

They quite obviously don't fit the criteria, but just in case, it's none of these:

• Lemmings
  • Humans
  • Pingus
  • Ducks
  • Trolls
  • Abe's Oddysee

To avoid similarly desperate searches like mine in the future: It's Happyland Adventures from the guys who made Icy Tower.

BR4ZIL:

moonsheart:
Hi, I was trying to find an old platform game, probably from the 90's, featuring a boy and his dog in a fantasy world. The dog always followed the boy, jumped whenever he jumped, etc, and I remember the scenarios included green trees with red fruit, strong blue waterfalls, grass, rocks... Simple graphics, probably with not that many colors. Anyone has any idea what game that might be? Thanks in advance

Heart of Darkness maybe?

I also in need of help, i looking for a PC game, top down (bird's eye view) Squad Commander game, it was very "indie" by today's standards, you controlled a bunch of rather funky/cartoonish soldiers in WW2, there were diferent classes for you to use, each time a new soldier class was introduced, you would get a bootcamp scenario for each one. i distinctevely remember officers and scuba troopers, i think there were vehicles too, but they were the side size as normal troops (to fit the cartoonish look).

The soldiers looked kinda like this:

http://www.mediacircus.net/chickenrun2.jpg

The game is probably made in late 90's/early 2000, i belive it was made by a european developer (dont ask me why i think that).

No, it's not heat of darkness :( if i remember correctly, it's a lot more colorful, naive, and probably older. thanks anyway

Jblip:

UnicornCrazy:

Jblip:

May be a stretch, but, was it Oxyd or Sansarom? :)

Oxyd certainly has the same view angle and art style on the puzzle (other than not being as colourful in the screenshot I've found), but unfortunately it's not the same game. :/ Thanks though!

Oxyd has a sequel called Enigma. It was more colorful.

It wasn't Enigma either. :/

I can't remember so much because I didn't played it so much, but all I can remember is that was a pc game (probably running on DOS) from the mid 90's (I guess), about a little boy wearing a completely blue suit and I think he wore a cover. the only part I can remeber of it was in the beggining where the boy is in a kinda dark place but the background was a forest and there was a sign or more in one tree. then I remember that got in front of a train cart which could talk. Maybe the game was a puzzle. Thans in advance.

EDIT: The game seemed to be like Sierra Games, similar to Torin's Passage. Graphics were quite good for the time. Maybe it was point-and-click. Also the main character had a completely white face and hair, a child that almost look like a vampire.

Hy guys,

you have to help me!
Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away [I'm talking 'bout the late 80's, first 90's], there was a bar cabinet with a very strange racing game, but very addictive. It was a top down racing game, like micro machines, but, if I do remember well, the view was not top but 3/4. Those small racing cars were lethal: they could fire missiles. Those missiles were extremely enjoying because they made a sort of circular, very fast trajectory before hitting and when they did hit they made a particular noise, making the hit car explode and set to fire.
That noise, after more than 20 years, still resonates into my brain... reminding me my childhood.
It was extremely enjoying because while racing you had to take care of shooting your rivals too and, of course, also to avoid their missiles.
For example it could happen that, after dominating the whole race, you could got hit from an enemy's missile at the last curve and... GAME OVER.
The game was dark, obscure, the main colors were black, gray, and dark - blue. The cars were small but somewhat futuristic with rocket launchers mounted on their roofs.
Another feature was that the control peripheral was not a simple arcade stick but, like Guerrilla War, a sort of small rotating cylinder, with which you could make your car turn. And 2 buttons: accelerate and fire.
For years I tried to remember the name of this game, but with no success.
Maybe it has not yet been emulated?

Thanks in advance guys.

UPDATE ---> It was like "Championship Sprint" (Atari 1986) but cars could also fire.

UPDATE ---> Found it guys!!!!!!! It is BADLANDS (Atari 1989)

Thanks the same to anyone who tried help me! :-)

okay, this is going to be very very vague, two game's

1. is was a flying combat game where you flew a spaceship around a planet, but you never went into space i remember having to destroy enemy bases that had turrets, think it was late to mid 90's PC

2. it was an adventure game, all i remember is at the start you talked to a giant head and then walked into a teleporter and the was health and mana spring's. late to mid 90's PC

ps1 fighting game wasn't just 2D fighting, could move all around the arena. I only remember one stage where I play this guy who fights with a staff that possibly extends, and the arena is maybe inside a volcano cuz there is lava all around the arena and you can knock you opponent into the lava, and I always fought some mean chick on that stage I think.

demo360:
ps1 fighting game wasn't just 2D fighting, could move all around the arena. I only remember one stage where I play this guy who fights with a staff that possibly extends, and the arena is maybe inside a volcano cuz there is lava all around the arena and you can knock you opponent into the lava, and I always fought some mean chick on that stage I think.

Battle Arena Toshinden (PS1)? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwx8tvO1a6M&t=4m )

I don't know how much of a challenge this would be for you guys to find out but I have been looking for this game for about 2 weeks now and I'm honestly getting a bit tired :<
So here it goes : I'm not 100% sure if the game is a mod but it can't be, because it had a menu and everything. So it was some sort of Hilarious Parody(FPS-style) hunting game where you would start out with a sniper rifle in hand, could also pick up other weapons but the thing that was most fun about the game was that when you shot the animals they would almost explode with gore and pieces would fly around (bunnies, foxes, deer i believe). And maybe this would help too, I believe at the end there was a HUGE T-REX you had to fight and the only way to kill it or badly hurt it was to wait for it to stomp the ground, send you flying and you would shoot a ROCKET LAUNCHER into his mouth (weak spot) ...
Please help me find this awesome game I've played in my childhood years (2000-2003 or smth like it)

P.S It's deff NOT Turok, Tomb Raider or Dino Crysis.

Doomgriever:

demo360:

Battle Arena Toshinden (PS1)? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwx8tvO1a6M&t=4m )

Yes that's it, thanks!

Probably a very vague description but - The game is an old computer game (I think Windows - not sure) But it had a top-down style view of a yellow spaceman you controlled and tried to avoid running into aliens while solving puzzles ( i think) I remember there being a panel on the left of the screen with options and you could move between levels, I think the main goal was to collect blue, green, red and orange colored capsules that were energy or something. Very foggy on this one... Really hope someone knows what this is. The view was similar to that of "Chip's Challenge" If it helps at all

Hi there is a game i can't remember where you play as a girl with with pink hair and you have to fly and collect crystals sorry for being so vague

eastwood12:
Hi there is a game i can't remember where you play as a girl with with pink hair and you have to fly and collect crystals sorry for being so vague

Nights: Into Dreams ? (DC) ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa5mZheIwNo&t=20s )

(Or Nights: Journey of Dreams (Wii))

If not, could you say what system/platform the game is on? And also how she flies. Is it 2D/3D?

No it isn't that i think you fly upwards not across a map but i really can't remember

ellie_exasperate:

miniruss:
I have 2 games. Both are quite vague as its been a really long time since I've played them.

The first: You were a doctor(I think at least) and you crash landed on a planet. You're ship was broken so you went out to find parts for it. It was an adventure based game with puzzle elements in it. You would walk around, solve puzzles, if you failed you would get hurt and you couldn't die. Platform was Windows, probably mid 90's.

The second:You were a little wizard and you did quests and stuff and you could upgrade your wand. This one is really vague I know. Again it was Windows, mid 90's probably.

Both ran on a Windows 98 OS. Thank you.

Did you ever find out the name of the space ship adventure game? That sounds really familiar to the exact one I've been trying to look for, for years now.

Did it ever have a part in the game, where you have to walk through a multi-colored flower patch, and if you stepped on the wrong color you'd be tossed back to the start by a giant alien flower? There's also another part where you had these little green, bug/gremlin looking things, come at you in this deserted village area, I don't quite remember if they hurt you, or if they just annoyed you. That's all I remember from the game though...

Don't know if you two found your space game already?) but miniruss the one you where talking about sounds like "albion" (its the only space ship crash land i could think off from that time=) hope thats the one.

ps. it was for me the game i was looking for (and your post helped me to find the actual game so thanks =)

Wastedchildhood:
I don't know how much of a challenge this would be for you guys to find out but I have been looking for this game for about 2 weeks now and I'm honestly getting a bit tired :<
So here it goes : I'm not 100% sure if the game is a mod but it can't be, because it had a menu and everything. So it was some sort of Hilarious Parody(FPS-style) hunting game where you would start out with a sniper rifle in hand, could also pick up other weapons but the thing that was most fun about the game was that when you shot the animals they would almost explode with gore and pieces would fly around (bunnies, foxes, deer i believe). And maybe this would help too, I believe at the end there was a HUGE T-REX you had to fight and the only way to kill it or badly hurt it was to wait for it to stomp the ground, send you flying and you would shoot a ROCKET LAUNCHER into his mouth (weak spot) ...
Please help me find this awesome game I've played in my childhood years (2000-2003 or smth like it)

P.S It's deff NOT Turok, Tomb Raider or Dino Crysis.

Redneck Rampage?

Nope... it only had animals (real animals, bunnies, deer, foxes and the epic T-rex battle at the end)And the graphics weren't THAT old ...

Hello, I need help finding a game I played years ago. I'm positive I played it from an old PC gamer CD, it was probably a demo. More than 10 years ago I think, since I'm positive it was a CD, not a DVD. Some kind of Sci-fi setting, because I remember euqipment like a blowtorch maybe, definitely not a fantasy setting. Top-down view like an rpg or rts, like starcraft. I think graphics were the same, 2D like graphics like starcraft/diablo etc. You controlled more than one character, maybe around 4. I don't remember the goal but I do remember yellow aliens. Yellow like monsters that I think were in some kind of glass containers. I think they looked like dinosaurs or maybe like xenomorphs from the alien movies. I remember after you clicked around they eventually attacked you, maybe I clicked the containers and they were released. It's so hard to describe because I remember so little.

So to vaguely summarize:
1. Genre: RPG (I think) with multiple characters
2. Platform: PC. 1990's maybe early 2000.
3. Visuals: 2D/3D like graphics with top down view(Starcraft/diablo).
4. Setting: Sci-fi, with equipment like a blow torch. (Not sure about this one, could have been a lasergun or something).
5. Enemies: Yellow monsters in glass containers, looked like dinosaurs/xenomorphs.
6. It was a demo on a PC gamer magazine CD.

That's it thanks in advance.

Wastedchildhood:
Nope... it only had animals (real animals, bunnies, deer, foxes and the epic T-rex battle at the end)And the graphics weren't THAT old ...

Natural Fawn Killers ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To3SdJ4ItGo&t=2m30s )
or Santa's Gone Postal ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2xJmPVufwE&t=6m44s )

Cuttarn:
Hello, I need help finding a game I played years ago. I'm positive I played it from an old PC gamer CD, it was probably a demo. More than 10 years ago I think, since I'm positive it was a CD, not a DVD. Some kind of Sci-fi setting, because I remember euqipment like a blowtorch maybe, definitely not a fantasy setting. Top-down view like an rpg or rts, like starcraft. I think graphics were the same, 2D like graphics like starcraft/diablo etc. You controlled more than one character, maybe around 4. I don't remember the goal but I do remember yellow aliens. Yellow like monsters that I think were in some kind of glass containers. I think they looked like dinosaurs or maybe like xenomorphs from the alien movies. I remember after you clicked around they eventually attacked you, maybe I clicked the containers and they were released. It's so hard to describe because I remember so little.

So to vaguely summarize:
1. Genre: RPG (I think) with multiple characters
2. Platform: PC. 1990's maybe early 2000.
3. Visuals: 2D/3D like graphics with top down view(Starcraft/diablo).
4. Setting: Sci-fi, with equipment like a blow torch. (Not sure about this one, could have been a lasergun or something).
5. Enemies: Yellow monsters in glass containers, looked like dinosaurs/xenomorphs.
6. It was a demo on a PC gamer magazine CD.

That's it thanks in advance.

Perhaps one of the many XCOM games? ( http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/screenshots/9/199359/excom_screen006.jpg )

Okay Guys im looking for an Old Playstation 1 game I believe. Actually 2. I believe one was almost like a 3d frogger spin-off. Atleast I remember a frog looking protagonist. You had bosses that you had to fight and were very fun that you like jumped on top of thier heads. The other I remember you looked like an alien thing. You could pick up ammo for a gun that was like attached to your hand. You also fought bosses that were very weird. I rememebr one lookig vaguely like a giant mutated foot with a mouth. Extremelly fun though. Please help.

Sounds like Spooky Castle? Do you get pants of power?? Haha

...still figuring out how to reply to only one comment. >forum virgin<

leciram:
...still figuring out how to reply to only one comment. >forum virgin<

Just use the "quote" button that is next to "post." Then, that person that you quoted will also get a private message telling them that you quoted them...

Hello, i am looking for an old game and i can't remember when i last played it. But it is for PC and i believe around 2003 ? The game is all about making mischief in a house for an old man. Going around and i believe making his life unbearing? You have a certain time to do so and must do it in a certain order. The layout is pretty much exactly like Bob the robber 2. But it isn't a flash game on a browser. Please Help i am dying in finding it O.O Have everything in my mind but can't describe it better.

NATURAL FAWN KILLERS!!! THANK YOU DOOMGRIEVER!!!

i've been trying to remember a game i played on ps1 i believe in the late 90's. it starts off with a wizard riding a raft down like an aquaduct. he ends up entering a dungeon which is a puzzle. there are hay stacks in some rooms that he rests on and has dreams. the game could be on snes but i'm pretty sure it is on ps1. if i remember right he fights a dragon at the end of the game.

I'm looking for the name of a PC game from the mid 90's early 2000's. It was about this prince named Torran (maybe spelled differently). His parents were murdered by this evil guy who sends magic smoke and the maid saves him in time. Once he grows up he sets out on a adventure and travels across a whole bunch of realms. At the end of the game he is sentenced to this abyss and while hes floating he sees a door and enters through it. He then befriends a monster that turns out to be his mother and he kills the bad guy.

Some of the tasks i remember him doing are swinging from a vine attached to hid foot to retrieve something on the other side of a bog, jumping on boulders to get across a pit of lava, talking to a family that had a laugh track ( it was some type of TV show) crawling across talking grass, and trying to learn how to use a bow and a saw to make music.

Please help its been driving me bonkers.

I haven't been able to ID any games yet, but I'm still searching through the massive amount of comments! I'll find one. Here's the one that's bugging me.

I had downloaded a game onto my Windows XP/7 computer. The game was titled something clever that embodied the entire game: a vertical scrolling, steady paced, cave descender. The entire thing was in black, greys, and reds, from the walls to the enemies. The spiders and bats and other crazy leapfroggers would get bigger and better. You could kill the monsters by hitting them with a boomerang or rock while falling, and you could gain extra skills if you killed a certain amount. They would give you things like "Now you can break bigger rocks!" (Because you could punch through certain rocks)

I wish I could find it...

There was a turned based game for the psx where you get to choose a character. In one of the stories the character is fighting and is about to die, but then a mysterious character with red armor comes and saved him, Soon after he gets his own armor with powers later on.
Can't quite remember what the name of this game was

Doomgriever:

Perhaps one of the many XCOM games? ( http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/screenshots/9/199359/excom_screen006.jpg )

I thought about that but then I remembered that it was in realtime, not turn-based. But I'm gonna look into it more anyway, thanks.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 . . . 751 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here