Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 . . . 909 NEXT

Found this thread while looking for an old game. I believe it was either an NES game or a Sega Genesis game. I'm pretty sure it was the Sega Genesis though. It was a 2D side scrolling game and all I can really remember from it was killing monsters and climbing trees by jumping up their branches. Once in a while you'd find an entrance into the tree and could go inside the tree and jump down.

Been trying to search for it via Google for a couple of hours now and haven't been successful. If anyone could help that'd be great. Thanks!

edit: Nevermind, found it after 3 hours of searching. NES game called Wizards and Warriors.

This thread is amazing. I made an account on here because i would love to retrieve some old memories i have about a couple of games. Therefor i would be so glad if someone could help me out remembering a few games from back in the days.

I am looking for 3 diffrent things:

#1 Game:
Old 2D game where you had to solve a puzzle on the screen. It would be like a (domino) track where one item would cause another item to move and so on and you had to insert diffrent items to make the track complete.
The items where things like: scissors, bowling balls, TNT explosives, springs, tilts and leash.

#2 Game:
I don't remember much from this game since i only played the demo. But basicly it was a 2D fighting game where you fought with Robot animals. Mainly Dogs.
I remember only being able to choose a blue Robot dog and allways fighting a green insane robot dog.

#3 Game:
I am also looking for the name of a demo, cuz it had alot of the old games i used to play back then.
It was a PC Demo where you walked around on a spaceship. On the spaceship there would be windows on the right and left with Demo games. So basicly you could play a game by entering a game on the wall (kinda like Super mario 64) And the games were such as: Doom, Beavis and butthead spit game.

I would be glad to pay for the find of theese games, since they would bring back so great memories. So if you've got paypal and find any of theese games, ill be glad to give you a finders donation :D

Regard Matthew.

CD-R:

David Bjur:
I used to play a PC game where you were fighting lizard-people while walking through different levels. One of your weapons were a glove with claws wich was basically the melee weapon of the game.
The intro (if I remember it correctly) was a lizard that climbed on top of a branch and were suddenly attacked by humans who shot arrows (the humans were off-screen). The lizard pulled out two shotguns and proceeded to shoot the attackers and the humans started to scream in pain. The lizard may or may not laughed after the shooting.

That would be Turok 2 Seeds of Evil on the N64.

I miss the old days when Turok was a mystical native American warrior who fought dinosaurs with guns strapped to them. Instead of generic space marine number 346.

Wow, thanks man, that was spot on!

In the late 90's I used to play a game on my computer... and the only thing that i remember is a little blond boy and a dog in a fantasy world....and the bad guys were some kind of animals... may be turtles ..but ...i am not sure about that =] if someone knows what i'm talking about..please help me!

Hopefully someone here can help me, I'm looking for a PC game from the late nineties, early 2000s at the very latest. I played it on Windows, not sure if it was ever available on Mac. I only had the demo version, so I don't have a lot of info. What I do remember, was it was a 3-D world (not a side-scroller), and the first place you are in the game is this place with a few different gods/deities/something. One of them looked like a giant ugly frog with an annoying voice, and a regal looking blue one. When you talked to them, they let you through the doorway into whatever world/realm/level that they were in charge of (I remember one was a desert, another one was a forest) and there were groups of little enemies you had to kill.

Unfortunately I don't remember anymore than that, though I do remember that with the demon you could only play two realms before it kicked you out. Any help at all would be really appreciated, because my brother is starting to think I'm crazy.

i'm looking for this game n it's driving me nuts!!!!

there's 4 or 5 characters u can choose from...i always picked the girls...i think they're in a mafia or something n they're related...you have to go around the city n go into the shops n change clothing to blend in n the bars u go into are ure save points...and u had to fight thru the city to get to the boss tht either took their money or did summin stupid...i kno this is vague...but plez sum1 help me
8'(

This is an awesome thread!!!!

So here is what I am looking for, it's a game i played around '97 or '98. I thought it was a maybe a micro-machines game, or maybe a army-men game, but I don't think it is. Basically you are a little tiny plane, or helicopter, or fighter jet (i think you are different things in different levels) and you are flying around what looks to be bedrooms & living rooms, and random rooms in a house. I think it was a very colorful game that was difficult but would appeal to kids because it was all toy planes/helicopters. I think there was a little blimp in the upper corner showing where you and all the planes/helicopters on your team are and where all the enemy planes/helicopters are. I think you can shoot missles, drop bombs, and other stuff like that. I don't really remember what the point of the game is though, it might be "steal the flag" or "blow up the enemy's base" or something like that. And I'm pretty sure this was on Playstation, it might be PS2, don't really remember.

Please help, I will owe you BIG-TIME if you can figure what game this is. I really thought it was a Micro-Machines game, but I can't find one like this.

Additional Note: It was a 3D game I think, not an overhead view, it looked as if you were actually flying the planes (I think it did, or maybe I have hyped it up too much in my head:)

Dunno if anyone will be able to help me out but I'll give the description a shot.

This was a game I played when it was around the I want to say maybe early 1990 through 2000. It was right around the time Battle Chess was also out so I think it might have been a hard floppy game.

This was not a 3DO console, it was on the computer, maybe the Amiga system? I forget what windows was out...mayyybe 95 or earlier.

I remember it was Manual Protected where after you loaded the game and you wanted to start it, it would ask you to turn to page xxxx and answer a question it prompted you on the screen from that page.

I recall there were many monster in it like Dragons, Trolls, Giants, and we would face off against the AI enemies which consisted of the same. Maybe it was a strategy game?

I think it was around the Day of the Tenticle too..I am not sure its been years.

Any help would be appriciated. I have exhausted my google fu to the max.

A game where you play a red alien guy or something like that he has a staff the game is a 3d platformer you can have different types of staffs for example with a fire staff you could burn down doors or something in that conext anyways thats about it I only played the demo so I dont know more

please help me it was a pc game that came with the comp from like the mid or late 90s you controlled a boy with blonde hair & you had to traverse across grey squares & as the levels went on there were more stuff that could kill you initially it was just water though & i think you needed a key to complete the levels but i could be wrong

Esai TheWarlock:
please help me it was a pc game that came with the comp from like the mid or late 90s you controlled a boy with blonde hair & you had to traverse across grey squares & as the levels went on there were more stuff that could kill you initially it was just water though & i think you needed a key to complete the levels but i could be wrong

and there was also a dog...and if something happens to it, the boy dies too....or..

I'm looking for a somewhat old game which I played a demo of in the late 90s / early 00s but the game is probably older than that. It was a 2d top down shooter were you could control a helicopter or a tank (I'm not sure if you got to choose or if it depended on the mission). It's not "Return Fire" but it shares a lot of common elements with that game. Any ideas?

Yuliya Yordanova:

Esai TheWarlock:

and there was also a dog...and if something happens to it, the boy dies too....or..

no i dont think so it was like a 2D game

Does anyone know the name of a sidescroller where you played as some Gollum-like creature going through a factory of some kind, running away from some bad guys. It was kinda stealthy, you could hide in shadows, roll, etc. I played it last time about...8-9 years ago on a PC, it could have console versions as well, dunno.

blockout:
Does anyone know the name of a sidescroller where you played as some Gollum-like creature going through a factory of some kind, running away from some bad guys. It was kinda stealthy, you could hide in shadows, roll, etc. I played it last time about...8-9 years ago on a PC, it could have console versions as well, dunno.

Kinda sounds like "Oddworld, thoughI don't know whether that got a pc release.

A PC Game, RTS. It had graphics (perhaps gameplay features in general) similar to those of the first Red Alert game, I think - not sure if it was on the same graphical level, but in the style of the buildings. It also had some sort of monsters/aliens in it.

I remember tid bits of cinematics. One of them being some sort of monster - I think a really big one - attacking a (blue?) vehicle (I think a tank/other military thingymaginy?) in a city. Story could have been something about an invasion of earth?

Incredibly vague, I know, but if it rings a bell..

Edit: Turns out it was "KKND XTREME"

I've been looking for this game for like 4 years obsessively. I came across this post, so I figured, it's worth a shot.

It was on Floppy Disk, probably around the Windows 95-98 time. I believe it was a 3-4 disk set. Very pixilated and like 2-3D action. Low quality. Creepy narration.
There are multiple sections I have memory of:

1. You were a boy who woke up on the beach with almost no memory with subtitle type narrations on the bottom on the screen.
2. The boy had to pick from a selection of like 6 weird dolls from a shelf in (what I remember to be) a carnival.
3. Then I remember something involving potions.
4. And wizards shooting lasers in some form of black & white grid. (like a chess grid where the lasers are coming out of the walls and you have to dodge the lasers to do something involving a wizard.)
5. I also remember him having to drink something.
6. And in the beginning of the game he finds a bottle with a letter in it. (Or maybe a map or something)

I can't think of anything else right now. But seriously, anyone who thinks of the answer to this is going to make my life complete.
I also remember that I played it when I played where in the world is Carmen Sandeago.

I remember a game that i played. It was an old galaxy colonisation game.

- There were 7 races i think that you could chose
- You started off with a base and you had to harvest materials like ores and stuff
- The cover of the game was blue/purple and had a big spaceship on the cover with underneath the spaceship the name of the game.

Like i said it was an old pc colony game. Game structure was basically like Total Annhilation though this game was invented before that time. You had to harvest your materials and build up buildings and units. It was such an amazing game and i keep hitting myself on the head for not knowing the name.

Yep, that's it, thanks!

Ok there's a computer game I played about 10 years ago and I have no idea what it is called. It was pretty simple. It was in first person and your character was in a bunker. You can use a variety of guns to shoot at enemy ships and planes and the goals were shoot this many of this type of ship, this many of this type of plane, etc. If anyone knows the game I'm thinking of, please!! let me know. Thanks!

negar:
i remember i played a strategic game,and it was something like Age of empire.H think the game name contain the word farmer.but i didnt find any thing like farmer in google.so i hope that you could help me.
the game had some male and female farmer and when 2 of them got into a house,a baby picture was shown on the top of the house!the kid grew up and became an adult.the jobs were fishing,hunting,cutting down the trees(and some trees began to grow again)the female farmer could get fruit from some trees.the hunter hunted the bears and there was the way of producing food and fishing was the same way.build some houses to produce these things too.there was just a soldier with a knife and he just killed the enemies.(i was just in the first level and i dont know there was any other man to kill or not)
there was stone,wood,fruit,resources in the game.
plz help me .its been two years that i have been searching for.
tnx

Could have also been Beasts and Bumpkins.

CAN SOME ONE HELP ME PLEASE!
ok, so i remember that i used to play a game were there was a character with dread locks and they used to bounce around the place like mad, his hair colour was ginger and he had a very bouncy walk. if i can remember correctly what the aim of the game was to go around all the planets completing puzzles, every planet had its own type of puzzle and it use to be a very happy, fun game were there would be aliens popping out on you but not in the scary manor more like happy and helping type of mood. also if i can remember this game was around the time when people played ' oddworld '. I asked my brothers, my mum and my father and i didn't get any information off them whatsoever except one thing that my dad told me that it was a game that you downloaded and that you could save your progress and carry on whenever you wanted to.
PLZ REPLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!! :D IM SEARCHING EVERY WARE FOR THIS GAME!

Esai TheWarlock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LrtQzZ8tlE

It wasn't this one was it? Chip's Challenge?

I am looking for a game so long now. Finally i found a clue, which game it could be, but itīs not just yet.
Itīs like Raiden, with a 2-Player mode and a red and blue jet/starship. But as i remember you see the jets from behind like in Lylat Wars. The clue in this game was that you were able to pugrade anything on your ships like your weapons, armor or size of your wings and so on. If i am right, the gamename might have had just a few letters, but i am not sure.
I would be glad if someone can give me any hint.

Edit: i#m not sure, but i think i played it about 9-11 years ago on my pc.

There's a game i used to play on the Pc (windows 95 i think). You were a wizard in a green robe and you would go into different rooms and avoid monsters to get items. It was not quite a top down view but more of a angle. And it think the room's floors were divided into squares.

Really hope someone can help me :)

Edit: and no this wasn't Chips challenge.

FOUND IT! It is called Mystic Towers

Here is a link to where i found it and many others

http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/games

I'm trying to remember a game my cousin played on dreamcast. She was this Asian guy and he witnessed a murder or kidnapping of some sort. He could not remember much of the murder so he had to try to get clues from people in the area. I remember the car was all black, black windows, black body paint, black rims I think. And one of the scenes was in this bar she had to do combos in sequence in order to beat them. He was fighting Kung-fu like style. I also think he wore a black leather jacket and black shades.

Plzz help me find it I've been wanting to find out what happens in the end for soooooo long since I remembered it.

I really want to remember a game I played with my dad when I was young. About 5-6 years old maybe. 18 now, so 13 years ago.

It was on the PC I remember, and you played as a boy who lost his pet dog (i think, pretty sure it was a dog) maybe the dog got stolen by aliens? .. we have been trying forever to remember it.. but dont remember much information. At first I thought it was MYST but its deffs not.
anyways you had to search for your pet, thats all i can remember. it was very sad if i can recall..

* i mostly watched my dad play it, or sat on his lap and helped him *

Castlevania?

Yuliya Yordanova:
In the late 90's I used to play a game on my computer... and the only thing that i remember is a little blond boy and a dog in a fantasy world....and the bad guys were some kind of animals... may be turtles ..but ...i am not sure about that =] if someone knows what i'm talking about..please help me!

I think its the same thing I'm looking for! I remember a boy and a dog...
Does the dog or something go missing?

dani:
Hopefully someone here can help me, I'm looking for a PC game from the late nineties, early 2000s at the very latest. I played it on Windows, not sure if it was ever available on Mac. I only had the demo version, so I don't have a lot of info. What I do remember, was it was a 3-D world (not a side-scroller), and the first place you are in the game is this place with a few different gods/deities/something. One of them looked like a giant ugly frog with an annoying voice, and a regal looking blue one. When you talked to them, they let you through the doorway into whatever world/realm/level that they were in charge of (I remember one was a desert, another one was a forest) and there were groups of little enemies you had to kill.

Unfortunately I don't remember anymore than that, though I do remember that with the demon you could only play two realms before it kicked you out. Any help at all would be really appreciated, because my brother is starting to think I'm crazy.

That sounds like Sacrifice.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/sacrifice

OK so like a lot of you i have been having day dreams about this game i cant remember what system it was for but it was most likely for Xbox so anyway it was a rpg kinda of setting i think it kind of reminds me of fable you had a party of 2 guys and 2 girls in the first few chapters i guess you would call them you where on a stone road with some monsters on it and it was sea side then you end up in a ghost like town where there is a cave to the left..still sea side so you go into the town and end up at what i think was a church and they ask you to help them i think because the men are going missing...so you go to help them and go into the cave and the guys get like controlled by a thing and the girls have to fight it to save them....i also remember some kind of huge clam in the cave i think the monster came out of it.....plzzzzzz help me i am gonna go nuts

Wardawg00:
I'm trying to remember a game my cousin played on dreamcast. She was this Asian guy and he witnessed a murder or kidnapping of some sort. He could not remember much of the murder so he had to try to get clues from people in the area. I remember the car was all black, black windows, black body paint, black rims I think. And one of the scenes was in this bar she had to do combos in sequence in order to beat them. He was fighting Kung-fu like style. I also think he wore a black leather jacket and black shades.

Plzz help me find it I've been wanting to find out what happens in the end for soooooo long since I remembered it.

shenmue?

rjkb123:
OK so like a lot of you i have been having day dreams about this game i cant remember what system it was for but it was most likely for Xbox so anyway it was a rpg kinda of setting i think it kind of reminds me of fable you had a party of 2 guys and 2 girls in the first few chapters i guess you would call them you where on a stone road with some monsters on it and it was sea side then you end up in a ghost like town where there is a cave to the left..still sea side so you go into the town and end up at what i think was a church and they ask you to help them i think because the men are going missing...so you go to help them and go into the cave and the guys get like controlled by a thing and the girls have to fight it to save them....i also remember some kind of huge clam in the cave i think the monster came out of it.....plzzzzzz help me i am gonna go nuts

Sudeki

or Blue Dragon maybe?

Alright, now here's a long-shot.
There's a game that was in-browser that I played, definitely before 2010.
I remember playing as this little purple ship from an isometric viewpoint, possibly run by shockwave (checked the site, not there,) and you had to go around this alien world to gather minerals and whatnot, and there were aliens that would come and try to destroy you. There were also some spots where you could teleport back to your main base, and use those to get really far out and explore more.

Any ideas, anyone?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 . . . 909 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or