Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 . . . 806 NEXT

Kivanya Maxwell:
Could someone help me figure out a name for an old Sega Genesis game. It's been in my head for years and I just have not been able to find any information on this game whatsoever. Here's some things I remember about the game:

- It's a fighting game where the characters are all monsters
- I remember always picking a Naga(cobra head & tail with torso of man) character and he used his tail as a whip.
- I remember fighting in a ring or on some raised platform, I could be wrong.

That's about all I can remember about it. I've looked up the game primal fury cause it's a monster fighting game, but it had no snakes in there mostly dinosaurs and gorillas.

Primal Rage was my very first thought, and I was about to quote that but then I read that it wasn't that.... so then, I bring to the table Beast Wrestler

http://www.giantbomb.com/beast-wrestler/3030-1926/images/

So there's a another game that I can't find for the life of me. It's a Mr. Potato Head edutainment point and click game for the PC, like a Putt Putt or Freddi Fish, but I can't find this game. If anyone knows the exact name, it would be greatly appreciated. I played it in the early 2000's, but it probably came out sometime in the 90's for DOS, since it was sprite based. I believe it took place in an amusement park. I think this came out before Toy Story, but I'm not 100% sure. Any ideas? I went on the Wikipedia page for Mr. Potato Head, went to games, but I couldn't find anything.

I played it at school, btw, so I don't have a copy.

I cannot remember the name of a game i remember playing quite a long time ago. It had a devil may cry feel to the gameplay but you had a pet demonish thing that evolved as you played and i remember you could eventually evolve it into a samurai but there were so many other choices for it. Anybody have any idea?

Artemis Herdmann:
I'm looking for a PS1 game, I played it on a Demo Disc, probably found in a Playstation Magazine.
You played a barbarian like warrior, in a circular "sewery" arena, it played like Medievil.
You were thrown into the arena and had to fight green monsters, than you could find your way into rooms with vampires and collect potions etc...
I know that it's very few but I don't know more.
(I remember that you could collect gold thrown by peoples watching you from above, but my memories could have been mixed with Fable II for that.)

It might be Deathtrap Dungeon.

Trying to find an old windows game. You started in a 3d rocky area and you could shoot down flying saucers while defending a military complex with reactor silos. You eventually moved to a snowy level. Any help would be much appreciated, haven't thought about this game for probably a decade now.

Can you guys find this NES game ?
It is mainly about car crashing, you could your car and more cars can be unlocked later in the game

Hey guys, I've been looking for this game that I used to play back in my primary (elementary) school days before the school upgraded to Windows XP. The only sort of description (or what I remember of it) is the following:

In the beginning, you are in some sort of cave system or underground sort of maze and you controlled a little character by inputting the number of steps for him to walk and when to jump. I don't remember if there is only one of these or if there is more than one screen of a similar thing but afterwards you end up in a town. Now, you navigate around the town in a grid like fashion (i.e. four directional square movement) and your position is identified by a blue arrow/triangle. Now from what I can remember, there is a sort of shop, but you can't go in initially because there is a snake in there and you have to find lollies (candy) for him to eat or something. I also vaguely remember there being a church or chapel and I think you may witness a spider kill someone (I know there is a spider but am unsure of its murderous activity). I also remember there being some sort of puzzle where you want to cross a bridge in a jungle but the bridge is broken and I think you have to fix it or move boxed around or something. I also think you needed some sort of knife to access the jungle area.

Sorry if my description is a bit all over the place. I really want to find this game because I was never able to finish it due to being unable to save. :P Thanks in advance for any assistance! :D

smuff:
Hey guys, i'm dying to remember the name of a game i played like 8 years ago, it was a pc puzzle game, in which you were a purple hairy ball with eyes and feet, you had to put mirrors in diagonal positions to redirect lasers, i don't remember if you had to protect yourself like that or destroy enemies with that, i remember the floor was kinda icy, like glass maybe, the perspective was top-down, I also think the name of the game was just one word. Searched over 100 sites and couldn't find it! The main menu when you first opened the game was this purple character with lots of guns and misiles behind
Thanks if you find it!

Dweep Gold, great game.

heffyhoof:
I have two games I've been trying to remember for the past couple of days. They're both for the computer and were from around the year 2000; played them all the time as a kid. I'm also pretty sure they used some gimmicky magnifying glass accessory.

1) You were in a museum and had to go around looking for different clues to solve a mystery or something like that. You went to bunch of different themed exhibits and every new game changed which exhibits had the clues.

2) I can barely remember this game at all, the only thing I can think of was that it was an underwater game where you helped different fish and things like that.

If anyone can even tell me the name of the gimmicky accessory so I can use that to find the games myself, it'd be appreciated.

Now that I'm thinking about games, there was another old computer game that I remember (No magnifying glass). It was a really corny game that had you looking for gold that had disappeared at the beginning of the game. It was point and click and you picked up different items to use to solve puzzles. One thing I distinctly remember was some guy hiding in a oil barrel with a hole in it. You could poke his eye through the hole and he'd jump out.

Number 1 is almost certainly Museum Madness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_Madness_%28video_game%29

Number 2, not really enough to go on, but the best guess I can give you is James Pond.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Pond

EDIT:
Oh and I'm pretty sure the last one is Teen Agent, which has lost its copyright and is free via GOG.com (and yes it's legal).

Ok, i am new here and i dont know if anyone already posted this.

it is a ps1 title, i dont know the year.

the opening cinematic shows you in first person view being toted through what looks like a hospital of sorts. and then these two tack-looking things go in your eyes and then the game starts. you are some sort of vehicle and the first level was a circus type level. there was a bouncing ball somewhere on it and to get through each level you had to get these large white orbs. there were weapons scattered around the level and it was all open ended too. you could also pick up these polygon-like shapes around the level and they followed behind your ship and i think they increased your health. sometimes you can get knocked out of the walls in each world and on the outside you can drive around but there were these u-turn signs that if you touched them they will throw you back into the level. this has been stumping me for years....

Shooting flash game from the early 00s you were just a head and abody but you had gunsa nd it spawned a series of videos where the main character killed a clown dj

A horror fantasy type shooting game, where you spawn in some misty swamp and proceed to enter a mansion (only the first part, afterward you go out onto a street) in which there are all sorts of monsters such as huge teddy bears that try to eat you and you have futuristic guns with which you kill them. This was probably made in the mid 2000's, it had pretty good graphics. This was for PC.

Kaptain4274:
Shooting flash game from the early 00s you were just a head and abody but you had gunsa nd it spawned a series of videos where the main character killed a clown dj

Madness interactive?

raeior:

MikeDoe:
I'm looking for a PC game I played in the second half of the 90s (probably 96-99ish) at a friends house a lot.

I have some really significant memories of details but sadly that's about it.

I remember it to be somewhat like Gangsters: Organized Crime but set in present day or possibly near future. You basically managed a crime syndicate, having your thugs set up illegal businesses (brothel/bordello being one of them that really stayed in my mind) and such. You had an overview of the city from bird's view and could select houses or blocks to perform actions on. You could select single buildings/blocks or larger areas that were marked in bright green after selection.

I figure it was turn based with one phase having you assign your thugs and the second one having your orders carried out.

I think the name contained "syndicate" and or "crime", something like that. It's not Bullforg's "Syndicate (Wars)".

Any help would be gladly appreciated as I'm starting to go crazy trying to find this game.

This could be "Gangsters: Organized crime"

It isn't. As mentioned above it is quite similar to Gangsters but in a more modern setting.

mermaideve:

mermaideve:
Okay, I literally just got an account to ask about two games I can't find names for.

The second game was for the PC, and was 2D. It was about this girl with brown hair who like went into this imaginary world of hers where her bully also turned into snake. There were like four different worlds. I think all of the worlds were like pizza world or dessert world, things like that. The monsters she had to defeat were food, like some were pieces of cheese (I don't really know for sure). At one point in the game, there's a series of slides at a playground and you have to pick the right one for a puzzle.

That's all I really know and I would LOVE to find out those names!

Does anybody think they can figure out what the second game is? I would love to find it out. I'd definitely buy it again. I remember playing it all the time. And I think there was also a mini-game with one of the characters on the disc too. The mini-game also talked about a sequel (that I never got).

I figured out the second game. It was Starflyers! I'm so happy I figured it out xD

Hi
I'm trying to find this game which i played around 2003 on PC. It was a simple Machine Gun which was placed in the middle and it would keep spinning around and kill soldiers, and the higher level you go, helicopters and tanks would show up. I'd say the environment was like Vietnam or somewhere there because the soldiers wore those kind of hats. If anyone remembers the name i would appreciate it.

Not sure I'm posting this in the right place, but here goes. This is what I remember:

Old PC game. I remember playing it in 1991 or 1992. A fighting/karate kind of game, 1 on 1, to the death. Loser's head will fall off, bloody. If you beat your opponent you pass the level and fight the next one. Each battle you have the chance to temporarily become a weird thing that does more damage. In one of the stages the Indian godess Kali is in the background--the one with 6 arms, and she's holding knives if I remember correctly. On the first level you fight a bald dude. Dudes get better as you progress through the levels. Brutal game, awesome, any help is welcome.

I remember playing a game for the ps1 were you control a spider, I don't remember much other than your spider turns silver, I wish I could remember more.

Hi guys

I used to have a game on sega megadrive back in the day. It was of a rabbit that did karate, he had a karate outfit on, does anyone remember its name?

Thanks

D

@Dawud Bryant: This one maybe? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutal:_Paws_of_Fury

Hello everyone, I'll be eternally grateful to whoever can recover this one! (I assume it to be hard to find, searched quite a bit for a while and nothing so far.)

I used to play this PC game on a "1000 games" CD I had as a kid (from PCGamer I think?), so it's old (but not too much, '90s? 16 bits era looking I believe) and 2-D and small. Here's all I can remember of it: You'd play as wizards in a platformer, your point was to save some children and there was co-op option (different colored little wizards? unsure if 2 players or up to 4). The mood of the game was pretty somber and gory, you could die from spikes and such (I think there were giant boulders or something like that too), and instead of focusing on action it was pretty puzzle based (there were enemies, tho), you'd have to press levers to activate mechanisms and find colored keys to open same colored doors and etc., so you could find your way through the maze and reach the end of the level.

I guess that's all I can remember, here's hoping it's not too obscure a game, hehe. Thanks!

MikeDoe:

raeior:
[quote="MikeDoe" post="9.166417.21002674"]snip

It isn't. As mentioned above it is quite similar to Gangsters but in a more modern setting.

Damn, how could I have missed that. Sorry! Only other game in that area that I do remember would be Streetwars Constructor Underworld but that doesn't quite fit. Since you already mentioned the first Gangsters, you probably can also rule out Gangsters 2 The mobster sim, right?
There are also the Godfather games but those are more action games than simulation afaik.

Louie Aikens:
I remember playing a game for the ps1 were you control a spider, I don't remember much other than your spider turns silver, I wish I could remember more.

Is it Spider

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for an old PC game, with the following properties:

- 2D puzzle/dexterity PC game, level-based
- you play a (colored) ball
- this ball could change its color depending on what obstacle it hit
- this ball would automatically move up, until it hit an obstacle, then down, and so on...
- that means: you can only control left/right.
- some obstacles (blocks) would be destroyed after touching it with the ball (I think they would be destroyed if the color of the ball matches the color of the block)
- hitting a certain key (I think SPACE) would speed up the up/down movement

For any suggestions I would be very thankful!

BUMP

I think I may be at the point where I would be willing to reward someone if they can help me track down this game. I've spent hours scouring the internet, using all the search terms I can think of. I have LOTS of details, so I am hoping someone can help me out with this, and if you need more, I can give you more. I NEED THE NAME OF THIS GAME!

PLEASE help me look for this game!

I've had trouble finding this one even after searching through lists of "all" games from the 90's.

This is a mac/pc game(not sure if it was available for both, but I played on mac between 1997-2003) that was an educational dinosaur/paleontology game. It started with getting inside this raptor robot that allowed you to travel around and collect bones and talk with scientists. The scientists were real people so the clips were actual video mixed in with the graphics. You spent the whole time I think with a control panel to travel to different locations.

It was all a bunch of puzzles. You would travel to the desert and have to use dynamite, shovels and then trowels and smaller instruments in the right order with certain sediments and rock layers to get to the fossils.There was a geologist who would help you with this and teach you about different types of rocks he was an older man. Then you would take the fossil to the lab and another scientist would give you tools to clean up the fossils. Then you would have to put together the skeleton like one of those sliding block puzzles.

Please help me find this game! I never got to finish it, and I can't find it anywhere. All the dinosaur games I've seen, or had suggested to me are missing that the game I used to play had video clips of real people/scientists who would help you solve the puzzle. And I can't remember the name of the raptor/robot you were inside of.

EDIT: It is not 3-D Dinosaur Adventure.

LaikaM7:
BUMP

I think I may be at the point where I would be willing to reward someone if they can help me track down this game. I've spent hours scouring the internet, using all the search terms I can think of. I have LOTS of details, so I am hoping someone can help me out with this, and if you need more, I can give you more. I NEED THE NAME OF THIS GAME!

PLEASE help me look for this game!

I've had trouble finding this one even after searching through lists of "all" games from the 90's.

This is a mac/pc game(not sure if it was available for both, but I played on mac between 1997-2003) that was an educational dinosaur/paleontology game. It started with getting inside this raptor robot that allowed you to travel around and collect bones and talk with scientists. The scientists were real people so the clips were actual video mixed in with the graphics. You spent the whole time I think with a control panel to travel to different locations.

It was all a bunch of puzzles. You would travel to the desert and have to use dynamite, shovels and then trowels and smaller instruments in the right order with certain sediments and rock layers to get to the fossils.There was a geologist who would help you with this and teach you about different types of rocks he was an older man. Then you would take the fossil to the lab and another scientist would give you tools to clean up the fossils. Then you would have to put together the skeleton like one of those sliding block puzzles.

Please help me find this game! I never got to finish it, and I can't find it anywhere. All the dinosaur games I've seen, or had suggested to me are missing that the game I used to play had video clips of real people/scientists who would help you solve the puzzle. And I can't remember the name of the raptor/robot you were inside of.

EDIT: It is not 3-D Dinosaur Adventure.

Dinosaur Safari maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHY1WcxZm2Q

After a ludicrous 2 hour research session, I found the name of the game you are looking for when I recognized a picture of a wall used in the game (wtf?). It was driving me crazy too because I played it on Macintosh as a kid. It is no wonder it was hard to find since it was called "Number Maze". It was published by Great Wave Software around 1988. That's about all I can find on it! You can still find some copies of the game floating around eBay, and I'm currently looking for a way to play or at least view it!

Here's a website with more info: http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=17630

Also, here's an original picture of the startup screen, which you may recognize: http://www.2600connection.com/interviews/marilyn_churchill/interview_marilyn_churchill_17.jpg

CruelHero:

CruelHero:
Hey Guys, I ran across this thread searching for two old games I was looking for. I saw them mentioned but couldn't find the post about them. They were old pc games from the mid 90's that I played in school. I wanted to find them for my son to play. He's right about that age now.

The first one was a math maze game where you had to lead a mouse around the maze and solve math problems to open up the blue/red/invisable blocked path doors. Your cursor was cheese and later on there was a horse and the cursor was a carrot. Each time you finished a level of mazes you added something to the throne room, like a lion on a throne, crown, books, gold piles, etc. I found it a year or so ago but I've forgotten.

The second was, I think, a spelling game, where you were a rabbit. There were different parts to the game like fishing,, something to do with a carrot garden, and mostly I remember mining. The rabbit was in a mine and there was a pickaxe and cart and when you completed part of the game he would hack off one of the crystals and it would fall into your cart. You had to collect and increasing number and the crystals were different colors the further you got along.

I've been looking for a long time for these so if anyone knows the names I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Post was overlooked so I thought I would try again.

This game that I forgot the name of was a 2d game. The graphics were good, the game took place underwater and you were some sort of scuba diver that had its own team fighting off another team of scuba divers. I also believe you fight aliens in the game or just big fish. Hopefully you guys know the name so I can play it again!

I'm looking for a computer game I played mid-90s. It was a game about witch doctors and shaman taking over island and fighting your opponents using disasters like valcanos, meter shower and hurricane if anyone can help that would great. I'd love to play this again

There's a game I played a long time ago. It was an horizontal shooter where you controlled a ship and you could buy weapons to install in your ship. You could only have 2 installed at a time and you could choose which of them to put on top of the ship and which to put underneath it. You could buy a new turbine and switch your old one for the new one. You collected money in the stages. I played it in a PC, but it could have been an emulator. I'm not sure. I can't remember the name of that game for the life of me. Does anyone know?

Okay so I use to play this game when I was younger where you played as a girl and she could go to school and play sports like soccer or cheerleading and it was for PC. My mom got it for me and I use to love it, she could go to the mall and change her clothes or hair and get a boyfriend. It reminds me of the Sims that I play now, but I really would like to know what this game was. I think it had the word Girl in the title if I remember correctly. Please help!

Hey guys I'm looking for an old Sonic game that was out on the Sega Saturn. It had the intro where tails was flying a plane and he crashed it. Then Sonic turned yellow and ran across the water onto an island where he crashed and dropped all his emeralds. Then Knuckles comes along and steals them all (I think) Something like that.

Chris Bloomhill:
Hey guys I'm looking for an old Sonic game that was out on the Sega Saturn. It had the intro where tails was flying a plane and he crashed it. Then Sonic turned yellow and ran across the water onto an island where he crashed and dropped all his emeralds. Then Knuckles comes along and steals them all (I think) Something like that.

That's Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and it's for the Genesis, unless they made a version for the Saturn I'm not aware of.

Micheal Darton:
I'm looking for a game I played mid-90s. It was a game about witch doctors and shaman taking over island and fighting your opponents using disasters like valcanos, meter shower and hurricane if anyone can help that would great. I'd love to play this again

Might be Populous: The Beginning.

millsmick:
Ok I cannot think of this game to save my life... I don't really even remember what the gameplay was like, so that doesn't help much. Anyway, in the game you were in a diner or some sort of restaurant and there was a talking jukebox. He had a face and that's all I remember. I remember there was a game where you like made pancakes maybe or a cake, I don't remember and I just remember the narrator dude saying "strawberry" when you chose strawberries... Great description, huh? Anyway I hope someone knows what I'm talking about!

I have no idea if you'll see this but I came here looking for the same game and thought you should know it is Fisher Price ABC's featuring JJ the Jungle Jukebox

Okay I remember a game for the ps1 but i only played a demo and in the demo you start out in a city by the ocean surronded by walls and the main character is a guy and he goes down to the beach where he gets into a fight sorta but a girl comes and stops you and i think after that you get into a conversation with someone about leaving or why you can't go beyond the walls, the game was an overhead rpg i don't know what the fighting was like because i don't remember if you got to fight in the demo, but anyway if anyone knows that game it would be much appreciated.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 . . . 806 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here