Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 . . . 820 NEXT

Hi ..

Plss help me . Im tired and sick searching in this game. A gameboy color game. He is a prince I think and he uses summon cards to aid him in battle. And he needs to get 3 keys in enemies base to win. Its a japanese game by namco as I recall. Its not a platform game . There is a room and teleporter to go in enemy base. Please help someone I really really want that game again.
Please help. And by the way the first enemy boss is slime ..
Sorry for my bad english

Olysea:

Olysea:

3. http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/148/1/c/3_by_thalassa_star-d7k25xl.png
This one was probably for a console, maybe a Sega or even something like Nintendo 64. It was very crudely drawn, I mean the game itself. Almost exactly how I drew it in the image above.
The game was a platformer where you played as a Penguin and had to rescue little Chicks scattered across the screen. There were throwable objects in each level too (the "T"s in my image) which you could use to defend against... cats? I think that was the enemy in the first levels or maybe even all of them, I'm not sure. As soon as you approached a chick it would start to follow you and you had to pass the blue portal to make the chicks go home, probably, and you earned score for that. I know very well that there were chicks with sunglasses in levels very often ´w` I love that detail. The game resembles a lot a more modern game called Granny in Paradise, which sadly is kind of hard to find a full version of, but it pretty much has this little penguin game as it's main predecessor in terms of gameplay.

;v; still no luck on these.

You're talking about Flicky.

Owyn_Merrilin:

yyyyyyep:
I've gone to this thread before, but I really want to find this game. This is just a copy pasta from earlier but I'd be sooo appreciative if someone knew this game!! I predict that it's very late 90s or around 2000-2002 for its release date. It was not an advertised game at all (just for reference).

It's a CD rom PC game.
The title has to be something with the word Taxi or Crazy in it (maybe even Crazy Taxi itself), even though it's not a driving game. I repeat: it's not a driving game. The scene is that this taxi driver takes you to an apartment complex, and every floor is a mini-game. Either there's like 30 or 60 floors, I don't remember.
I can recall the disk cover-- it's an oval-ish brown headed guy as the driver and you're in the passenger seat with a weird font for the title.
A few specific mini-game/levels:
-A grocery store with food you can place in your basket. There's also a cat standing on the produce that you can click and it'll meow, or you drag it over something and it thumps on the ground. I think you can try to feed it a fish but the cashier says no. When you're done there's a checkout, and if you try to "buy" the cat the cashier will specifically say, "You can't buy that cat!" I only remember because I did it so much oops.
-A wrecking ball level with furniture like a couch and a stuffed bunny plushie where you can destroy the items into pieces and rearrange them into something new. When you remade it there was a sucky "shhoooop" sound effect. The background was this weird old playground with a tire.
-A game of Solitaire or something similar and when you won this weird dancing person bounced around your screen.
Those are the only ones I remember. The screen where you chose the level was rows and columns of numbers 1-?? and you click the "floor" level to play.

Please help! Any points in any direction are welcomed. :)

Could it be Hell Cab?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmuf1bEgdTA

Nope, but that's that good old game feel. D:

old games, ftw

zoul893:
Hi ..

Plss help me . Im tired and sick searching in this game. A gameboy color game. He is a prince I think and he uses summon cards to aid him in battle. And he needs to get 3 keys in enemies base to win. Its a japanese game by namco as I recall. Its not a platform game . There is a room and teleporter to go in enemy base. Please help someone I really really want that game again.
Please help. And by the way the first enemy boss is slime ..
Sorry for my bad english

There are only two games by Namco which were released on Game Boy Color, which wereTales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon and Mr.Driller, and neither of which accurately fit what you've described. So, I don't think it was by Namco.

Would it possibly be Magi Nation?

hi there is a game that i keep trying to remember what it is for over 7 years now and its driving me insane! ps1 or ps2 not sure...

When you first start the game its a book with a man's voice telling you the story as it goes on youre in this RPG type game, you dont have any companions youre just one person that runs around and does quests and the fighting style is like zelda's where you just swing and kill, at the begining you start in this fortified town with really huge walls, inside you do small silly quests like get someone flowers and i remember a rat in the cellar that i had to kill.. after that something happened and the town people got mad at you for doing something i dont remember what it is, so they kick the boy out of the town and he goes through a cave to go to a place that was from a rainy beautiful green area to a rocky mountain hilly type area with dwarves i believe... i dont remember much please help :(

Redrow ..

I know that 3 games you aaid but it was not im looking for. The gameplay was free to move but it has tile space and he uses card to summon different creatures on field and he have 2 basic card one is wizard card that attack from far and another card is a girl that heal any summons or you in room even distance and it has a weapon card that you can equip like pixace. The only thing you can win is to warp from enemies base and get 3 keys to open its treasure.and get it.

It was japanese so I cant remember. The front picture was he has a short hair and atttack a slime and there is a wizard from his behind ..
Pls help I want that game

Hi!

I can't remember many things about the game I'm looking for...
It was on PC and I think our "spaceship" was shrunk to get inside a human body.
So we can kill baterias and other things like this.
I think it looked like a FPS..

Natasha Sharp:
Does anyone remember a old computer game from the mid to late 90's (that's when I played it) i am pretty sure it was set in a haunted village at night time, the two main character were a boy and girl, and they looked more like real people than cartoons, they were more real than the scenery. So i'm quite sure the game would begin with them being sucked down a vacuum cleaner like vortex or just some kind of vortex and they would land in the spooky town in the dark,I think that maybe they become seperated, but they have to walk around in the dark looking for clues. At one point they are in an old haunted mansion or castle, there is coffins and vampire(s). Might be wrong about some details but that's a I can remember. Please help me lol it's driving me crazy.

That's definitely Goosebumps: Escape from Horrorland

Eder Rios:
Hi! I'm looking for 2 games:

The first: i played on windows 95-98, and i think that have "arcade" name on it, you play with a fat guy in an arcade game kinda Donkey kong jr. The fat guy can attack with his belly, the chars are cartoon, in the demo are cartoon cutscenes with some levels and i remember tha he say that "Las vegas" as a level,i don't remember anything else.

The second game is an point and click with subjetive view, you're a guy in a strange planet inhabited by some kind of human-tigers with strange suits and laser guns, i think you have to escape from this planet, please help!

Anyone?

Oh I just have the same problem!
I just can't remember the name. There was a game I played in 2009, you had a costumizable character you played with, and you had to find your own resources ( there were different kinds of berries,[especially berries] and plants etc.) and you also had a little pet you could find in the wild, I'm not sure, but I think you could also breed it. And different details: You had an finite number of slots inventory, but you could add more by using money( I don't remember if it was berries or something else, or coins idk.) and you had to craft different things, clothes food etc.

So, i have been searching for this game on the internet for a long time.

- It is a Sci-fi/futuristic game

- Its a War/shooting game, you control one soldier and have the other AI soldiers help you to fight an army of aliens.

- You see your soldier from a distance, like Zelda games.

- You could ask for reinforcements (soldiers) based on how many aliens you killed, an i remember they would come in a small spaceship in groups of 4-5, there where many tiers of reinforcements.

- You have to defend a base, there where usable turrets there and some interactable doors etc.

- I remember the game title having "war" and a year like "2031" or "3000" on it, but im not sure.

- And i remember playing it on a Cd ROM on PC, in one of these "1001 games" CD that comes with a magazine.

Hey guys. I've been searching for a game for a few years now, it's impossible to remember the name.

Ok, it's a 2d isometric sci-fi with, probably, rpg elements, from 1995-2003 period.

From what I can remember, you could play it on windows 98/XP, I've seen this game back in 1999 or 1998, I think.

The game: you're a robot or cyborg or something like that, you go places, mostly closed spaces like warehouses with lots of boxes, and kill aliens or bugs, worms. I've only seen the first mission or the second one. In the first mission you kill green worms, you have a radar like that in the ALIEN movie a motion sensor like, makes a sound i think, but definitely pings enemies with a green dot. These worms use to be on the ground or just fall from the ceiling, you don't see the ceiling.

After the mission was complete, you return somewhere where you usually repair the armor, you could have arms damage, legs, head, torso, and you choose what to repair and to what extent, I think.

You came back with stuff to sell, usually guns, and the guns that you could not use, because of strength or other constraint, was highlighted in red. You had a stash to keep these guns that you could not use for now, and use them later. You could buy upgrades for the: torso, arms, legs, head.

The idea of the game is that you never have enough money to repair yourself and buy upgrades, so it made you want to earn more cash in order to fully repair and continue to upgrade. I can't remember if the upgrades where called just upgrades or implants. You had strength and probably armor, dexterity, etc. I can't remember anything else, but it's a really old school game probably worth to play it even now.

If anybody can help me, I would appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Edit: Also the inventory had green squares, a grid-based inventory, that how it was divided. So a big gun would occupy let's say 8 squares, while a small gun only 2 or 4.

Edit2: When you came back from missions, on the repair screen the damage appears on the body, the body actually looked damaged and after you fix it it appeared fixed. Also, but I don't recall exactly, when you upgraded your body or fixing damages, you entered a case that emanated a green light like welding, but I'm not sure that I don't confuse memories with another game.

wonderwomanxxix:

wonderwomanxxix:

Ryyme:

Maniac Mansion?
Night of the Meteor?

No it wasn't. :( thanks tho! In the game you can't see other people, and it's completely a first person-view game. :)

Wait I think it's not in a mansion, it's either a mansion or a castle and there was even a part where you'd find a piece of paper stuck in the wall(i think) and it led you to find a hidden passage in the walls or floor..

Bump on this, i remember it too exactly how you explain, although i cant remember either. I remember there being a candle timer and being able to look at the stars..

wonderwomanxxix:
I've been looking for a game for a few hours now, it's a point-and-click mystery/escape game for kids. It doesn't have any gore, blood, murder(i think) in it, basically you have to escape the mansion or find something in that mansion. I can't remember clearly, the last time I played this game was more than a decade ago. It's a PC game and you start off in a room(I think it's your room) and you have to find clues and items to open certain doors in the house, under the staircase doors, behind the kitchen shelf door, I also remember salami being in the kitchen... I just remember this game being for kids and it's horror-free and it's a cartoon-style 2d game. Thanks a lot! <3

Yep this..

alright, here's one I'd like to re-discover:

It's a side-scrolling point-and-click adventure game for PC, I played it 10-15 years ago. It's slightly educational. You play as a boy in a town, which I remember had a farm with sprinklers that could be turned on and off.
The game starts, as I recall, in the boys bedroom. I remember that you could pick up different items, and turn the lights in the house on and off.

In my searches, I've found a game called Maniac Mansion. It sort of looks like that, only slightly less cartoonish, and with a realistic story, of course.

Any ideas?

V0idKing:

- Its a War/shooting game, you control one soldier and have the other AI soldiers help you to fight an army of aliens.

- You could ask for reinforcements (soldiers) based on how many aliens you killed, an i remember they would come in a small spaceship in groups of 4-5, there where many tiers of reinforcements.

- You have to defend a base, there where usable turrets there and some interactable doors etc.

- I remember the game title having "war" and a year like "2031" or "3000" on it, but im not sure.

- And i remember playing it on a Cd ROM on PC, in one of these "1001 games" CD that comes with a magazine.

Does it happen to be Battlecruiser 3000AD? I know it dosen't have war in the title but it seems similar to what you are describing.

OK I've been trying to find this game for a while now ... I played it a very long time ago ... so please don't mind the lack of information...
It was probably a SEGA Genesis game (I played it on an emulator on PC , could be any other platform)
It was a side scroller (Shooting and Platforming)
The main character was a bada** in every sense of the word, he was wearing a white sleeveless shirt , blue jeans , sunglasses , and carried a shotgun (The shotgun was silver or white in color , It had to be reloaded after every shot , and I remember getting a better shotgun later on , which didn't need to be reloaded after every shot)
I remember it was a dark themed game ,
The platforming was a bit like Prince Of Persia , I can remember that you could climb down like POP.
I really liked that game but I just cant remember its name. It would be a great help if any of you could remember...

I'm not sure if anyone can help me but I am looking for this online game that I played in the early 2000s. It was a castle game where you had to explore and try to defeat this sorcerer guy. There was a servant who kept track of how many times you passed him. I'm sorry for the lack of details but I cant remember much, I do know that in one of the rooms you can become trapped in a grey fog and there was an achievement for escaping it. And another room was a little boy ( I think he was an elf?)who would either help you or betray you depending on what you said to him. If ANYone has the slighted idea of what game I am talking about pllllllease let me know! lol

~Apps

I'm new to this whole thing but I was wondering if anyone remembers a pc game is used to play in the late 90s early 2000s. It may or may not have been in an abandoned warehouse but there were like 13 levels and you advanced by going up an elevator. there were crazy monsters in the basement and you found meat through these mazes and if you broke down the walls you would find bars of gold. It's so fuzzy in my head now but i loved this game. Please help!

Stefana Hutupasu:
Oh I just have the same problem!
I just can't remember the name. There was a game I played in 2009, you had a costumizable character you played with, and you had to find your own resources ( there were different kinds of berries,[especially berries] and plants etc.) and you also had a little pet you could find in the wild, I'm not sure, but I think you could also breed it. And different details: You had an finite number of slots inventory, but you could add more by using money( I don't remember if it was berries or something else, or coins idk.) and you had to craft different things, clothes food etc.

anzone able to help_

Brownie80:

V0idKing:

Does it happen to be Battlecruiser 3000AD? I know it dosen't have war in the title but it seems similar to what you are describing.

Its not Battlecruiser 3000AD :( the game is a Bird's view shooter

ashadman25:
OK I've been trying to find this game for a while now ... I played it a very long time ago ... so please don't mind the lack of information...
It was probably a SEGA Genesis game (I played it on an emulator on PC , could be any other platform)
The main character was a bada** in every sense of the word, he was wearing a white sleeveless shirt , blue jeans , sunglasses , and carried a shotgun (The shotgun was silver or white in color , It had to be reloaded after every shot , and I remember getting a better shotgun later on , which didn't need to be reloaded after every shot)
The platforming was a bit like Prince Of Persia , I can remember that you could climb down like POP.
I really liked that game but I just cant remember its name. It would be a great help if any of you could remember...

Maybe it is a Serious Sam game? The main character is exactly the same as you described.

The chances of someone knowing this one is probably near zero, but I'll try anyways

I played it on the PC a long time ago. Sometime in the late 90's early 00's. Came in a collection of incredibly generic games like a 3D version of the classic game of Snake. This one however stood out as pretty well polished.

It's a strategy RPG with mechs and classic grid based combat (no, it's not Front Missions). Each mech had an element that worked in the standard rock paper scissor style of weaknesses. Each time you attack, you went into a shining force style cut scene. It's hard to describe the graphics. I believe the map was 3D, and the in game cuts scenes backgrounds were 3D. But the models I think were pre rendered sprites. It's all kind of blurry.

I'm pretty sure you had multiple attacks you could do, and I THINK (could be wrong) they worked similar to the Pokémon move counter, where you can only use certain attacks a set amount of times per battle.

The main character I think was a female, and her mech was greenish. I'm pretty sure she was a fire class and used a sword. Oh, they all looked kind of like gundam mechs, a bit bulkier maybe. And if they didn't use rockets or guns, they used classic melee weapons like swords, polearms, and their fists.

I can't remember the story at all, if it even had one. I'm pretty sure it was just a constant stream of battles one after the other with no town breaks, equipment management or anything like that.

All battles as far as I can remember were fought outside on open terrain like fields and mountains, with the appropriate movement reductions applying to each type of terrain.

The title of the game might have had the word "Element" in it

ashadman25:

You are most likely talking about Black Thorne for the SNES and 32X

I got one. I've been wondering about it for a while.

Basically it's an old pc game that takes place in the future where you're a scientist who creates an evil clone of himself. The evil clone then goes and attempts to destroy the city and your goal is to capture and stop him from destroying all the parts of the city. Throughout the game, I recall you having to play minigames to gain items to help fight the evil clone by stopping his attacks and using your own(i.e. The Chemist using mixes on him, the reflector cuffs stopping the nail gun, the robot attacking unless you have a remote control to make it make you toast, or the boombox being able to stop the freeze ray for some reason) to catch him. And each battle took place when you two met on the board where you'd use what you gathered against each other with both sides capable of losing items with each battle. These fights also took place in animated cutscenes for each item that would change depending on what you gained. It was done almost board game style outside of minigames. I can't for the life of me even remember the title but I do recall enjoying it.

Anyone got any clues?

OKAY I NEED HELP.

There was a children's game around early-mid 2000's that came out of a cereal box for a PC. It opened with a young kid eating too many cookies and then being sucked into a world where everyone that existed was some form of healthy food (I.e. broccoli, cheese, bread, etc.) and he had to complete a lot of quests to get back home.

anyone?? please

Hi everyone, need some help to find two old DOS games that I played about 13-14 years ago.
The first one is just a typing game. Typing is at the bottom of the screen. It seems that it only has 3-4 levels, the faster / the higher accuracy that you type, the further the character on the screen will be able to move forward. The first level is someone like a dwarf trying to stop you. The second level is a soldier at a gate of castle. The third level is something like a dragon...

The second one is a game in which you can control some aircraft fighters such as Soviet Union's Mig series. There are a bunch of tasks to be completed, for example, attack enemy's tanks or aircrafts. Trying to dodge missiles is probably the most interesting part of the game. If I remember it correctly, it is also possible to crash the plane or fly up side down as well.

Thanks for the help!

Molankati:

Planeforger:

Molankati:
I bloody love this thread. I can practically feel the excitement and happiness people get from rediscovering those lost games :)

Maybe ill be as lucky :).

Old 3D adventure RPG.

Medieval fantasy setting.

You play a character that has been infected or otherwise contaminated, and as you progress (could be time bound) you gradually lose your human form to something more beastly. i remember it having 2 stages at least (might be 3 if complete human was possible). i believe the upside was that you were stronger, the downside was no npc would talk to you and hence you couldnt continue the story.
There was a way to reverse to a less beastly state, but u had to drink water that was blessed? holy? at the cost of a chunk of your healthbar.
It had some basic swordplay in it, and i believe different weapons could be used.
There was also a tavern where you could play a form of reversi.

considering the sparseness of my info, google doesnt get me anywhere, and the lists of games i found stretch decades.
I played it on PC, ps1 comparable graphics... mightve been around the same time as FX fighter so 1995 ish.

would be such a blast if someone could shed some light on this :)

I'm going to guess either Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny, or Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption.

neither it seems, lands of lore seems to be quite quirky, and vamp was way after. The game seemed dark and gritty to me, progression was slow and the storyline was about you as a hero/antihero managing your curse, either being beastly and strong, or more human and able to talk to people. slow like FF, action like resident evil 1/2 is how i would describe it...

I just saw a game on GOG that sounded quite similar - Entomorph: Plague of the Darkfall?

Playstation 1 game. Alien invaded earth and you must defend it. You pilot a plane and shoot aliens. Levels are like closed loops, meaning if you fly straight you'll return from where you started. Perspective is third person and you see the ground beneath you. You can buy new ships and weapons between levels. There are missions on every level like save people by beaming them up to your ship with a tractor beam and dropping them in a safe location or picking up aliens that walk around and bringing them to your base for experiments. You can also pick up turrets and place them somewhere for defense. I remember one mission where you had to get as much people to a school and then place turrets around the school to defend it and that was only the first part of the mission.
Ring a bell for anyone?

Hey,

Im looking for an old pc game, the game was a racing game but it had a twist, you had to roll the dice to move, but you could pick up powerups and sabotage peoples race so a bit like wacky racers but turn based, can anyone help me?

Hi. I'm looking for a game that I used to play as a child on the PS1. It gave me nightmares but I've been thinking about it for years now and it's on my bucket list to find this game.
From what I can remember, there was one main character, she was a little girl named Miranda. She was searching for something....can't remember what. But the game layout was set up so you could see the rooms she was in, but also could see outside as well (like see-through buildings with just the frames). Throughout the game she would find floating objects like brains and weapons (i think), The entire game was an eerie setting outside at night time and it was pretty scary!
I distinctly remember the little girl's name being Miranda though.
The graphics weren't amazing but that's what I liked about it!
I NEED TO FIND THIS GAME!!!!!! I will be so happy if any of you can tell me what it is I've been looking for.
It's been years of searching!
It probably came out in the 90s or early 2000. Came in a CD-ROM type case but definitely was a playstation game.
Thanks so much.

ikojibear:
Hi Guys!

So, this has honestly taken hold of my mind for about two weeks, and it's driving me INSANE! So hopefully y'all can help me out a little ^_^

The game I'm thinking of is for PC, unfortunately I can't remember much about it. I think it was released between 96 and 02, and it's like one of those explore/conquer games. It plays in third person (Birds eye), and you have to protect this one person in your party until you get to the destination, and I think it was a medieval type but not based in medieval times. I honestly don't know how to describe it :/

**EDIT**

I also remember that the area where you hadn't discovered was blacked out, so you also had to send like, spies or whatever to clear out the unknown

I remember this game too and have been looking for the name of it forever! Did it have like knights and monks and like sun priests and rogues? You would explore the map and find like an abandoned castle or bear cave or something and attack it. There were different kinds of quests and I remember one where you had to take down an evil fortress and when you destroyed the fortress the evil being traveled to your kingdom and tries to kill everything. I have no idea what the name is though :(

zoul893:
Redrow ..

I know that 3 games you aaid but it was not im looking for. The gameplay was free to move but it has tile space and he uses card to summon different creatures on field and he have 2 basic card one is wizard card that attack from far and another card is a girl that heal any summons or you in room even distance and it has a weapon card that you can equip like pixace. The only thing you can win is to warp from enemies base and get 3 keys to open its treasure.and get it.

It was japanese so I cant remember. The front picture was he has a short hair and atttack a slime and there is a wizard from his behind ..
Pls help I want that game

Pretty sure I found it this time, it has a strange title... anyway, the game is Seme COM Dungeon: Drururuaga

hey im looking for this game that was sort of like commandos...where u control 4 men {one of wich was an asian an there was also a russian guy wearing a pink shirt} and u hav to assault a area full of terrorists...the camera angles were the same as a commandos game...its was a turn based game...i got it a demo pack cd which i got free with a gaming magazine who's name i dont remember....plzzz som1 help i really wanna play

purps:
Hello new friends. Just discovered this site hope to be a longterm member. I have a good one. Dunkin Donuts is running a new ad, and the music they are using is from an old arcade game where the main char (dressed in old timey prison stripe clothes) is escaping dig dug style. When I heard
the commercial I was like omg its that
old game! So when they sip the latte drink the music plays, but its missing the one key thing: when the char jumps he always says "hoowee.. and hooplah!!"
Whats the name of the game??
;p

cloroxbb:

Susan Goolsby:
My game is from the 90s and it was a racing game but there was like side options that would let you flip around and earn a score. The higher you went the better the points you could get. I don't know the system or the year but I think it's a 90s game. Please help!

There was parts of San Francisco Rush, and RUSH 2049 that had you doing flips and stuff, I dont remember if it was for score though.

It was similar to this. It would say "high air" if you got high enough. I have tried to ask my Mom but she can't remember! I wish I had more info about it to help but it has been so long that I think I will never figure it out. Thank you for looking into it for me.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 . . . 820 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here