Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 . . . 851 NEXT

hayleybunneh:
There's a pc game i used to play all the time as a kid.
I remember a few bits of the game, but i never got it completed.

I remember at the start youre an alien (purple?) in a spaceship. Your character is holding a vial with mysterious green goo in it? the alien accidentally shoots the vial towards earth and it makes the planet bizarre, turning plants and animals into monsters. your character is then sent to the planet to retrieve the vial and restore balance to the planet. I remember near the start you start at the top of a ice-capped mountain and you have to zoom down the mountain on the remains of your broken space ship (shaped as a disc?). i also kind of remembering being in a jungle setting, with various monsters to defeat and a long winding river.. its all in 3d, where youre able to roam.

I didnt get too far into the game, but for years ive been trying to remember the name of the game and if i can ever complete it.

Hope someone knows!

The first part (Purple alien and green goo) sounds like "Chewy - Esc from F5", but than the second part won't fit.

michaelatlam:
Hey just joined this community and so happy to find others who love the classics :D This I have searched countless days for with no luck until I came across this site :D so I am looking for this game I am pretty sure it was either on Windows 95 or 98, Now all I remember from this game is being RTS alien based and one of the units looked like a toaster with a disc blade as a head ( lol Can't describe it better sorry :) ) which is used as a weapon as well ( I remember this being the enemy, I believe they were blue/purple and some yellow?. Also the resources where flower like which require to be harvested. There were also other alien type units with long arms which were cream-ish coloured but I am nots ure if I am mixing these with the Frythans on Seven Kingdoms :D Which btw is my all time favourite classic :DDD.

Anyone ever played this game?

I really hope anyone did...Need to play this game before the end of world tomorrow :PPPP

Cheers!

I know this is from years ago but I've been wondering where I can find this game myself. I believe it's called bloopies and this post is the only reference to it I have seen, bar 1 other forum with only 1 reply. Anyone else remember this?
I believe I played it when I was quite young around the 1998 time?

Ok.

It was a game I played all the time in the early 2000's.

It was a train game, but not really a simulator. It was almost a RTS view of the trains and you would have to complete story-based missions in separate levels. One environment might be a bedroom where you are the size of a toy and then another level I remember you were on a planet trying to get your train to the destination. You didn't place tracks really. It was more to do with driving the train and changing directions and completing missions.

It was really fun but I can't remember what it was called for the life of me.

If it helps, movement was controlled by buttons on the train. There were three levels of speed shown by three arrows. If only one was highlighted you were going slow, and three highlighted meant you were going fast. same deal for reverse.

Does anyone have any idea? Each separate level was just a little story with an objective (no continuing story) and it was based in numerous environments. The narrator was funny, I think.

Thanks

V0idKing:
So, i have been searching for this game on the internet for a long time.

- It is a Sci-fi/futuristic game

- Its a War/shooting game, you control one soldier and have the other AI soldiers help you to fight an army of aliens.

- You see your soldier from a distance, like Zelda games.

- You could ask for reinforcements (soldiers) based on how many aliens you killed, an i remember they would come in a small spaceship in groups of 4-5, there where many tiers of reinforcements.

- You have to defend a base, there where usable turrets there and some interactable doors etc.

- I remember the game title having "war" and a year like "2031" or "3000" on it, but im not sure.

- And i remember playing it on a Cd ROM on PC, in one of these "1001 games" CD that comes with a magazine.

Anyone?

snip

wonderwomanxxix:
I've been looking for a game for a few hours now, it's a point-and-click mystery/escape game for kids. It doesn't have any gore, blood, murder(i think) in it, basically you have to escape the mansion or find something in that mansion. I can't remember clearly, the last time I played this game was more than a decade ago. It's a PC game and you start off in a room(I think it's your room) and you have to find clues and items to open certain doors in the house, under the staircase doors, behind the kitchen shelf door, I also remember salami being in the kitchen... I just remember this game being for kids and it's horror-free and it's a cartoon-style 2d game. Thanks a lot! <3

Replying for everyone to see!

This game is called: Jan Pienkowski's Haunted House
This was a drag to find... Took me a few hours xD.

Hey everyone, I am glad I found this forum.
Here is the game in my mind : You had a robot kind of guy to control. the layout was similar to being inside a circuit. there were enemies such as a red blob that will pop up and shoot. You could teleport between places using teleportars found in places. There are levels where you could get stuck inside boxes (one place there are 4 such areas and u shud choose the correct teleporter.
One level i remember clearly, you enter a alternate place where there are four copies of you, one in each corner. all of them respond to the keys but will alternate accordingly, for example the left copy will move according to the keys and the right copy will move reverse and the top copies will be upside down (like a mirror image)
sorry this is not even a main level but this is all i can remember.
There are also springs on which you can jump. there is one level which starts with you jumping from one spring to another, three times.

can someone help me find it? thanks a bunch!

it was a game I played in middle school in the 80's. The way it worked you would create little creatures with premade body parts. For instance you could use a dog like head and put it on a cat like body. they would multiply(breed) if they were a friendly species or would start attacking other species. The point of the game was to see how many species you could get together before they reproduced an aggressive creature or if you accidentally created an aggressive creature you would have to create another just powerful enough to start killing your aggressive creatures. There was a good amount of combinations, but the best combos were usually when they mated. I haven't played the game since high school so I might have a couple things wrong about it.

The first part (Purple alien and green goo) sounds like "Chewy - Esc from F5", but than the second part won't fit.[/quote]

nahh its not that, thaanks though! :)

For the life of me I can't remember the name of this game and if anyone can figure it out I'd be incredibly grateful.

It's a puzzle game I played as a kid on those big apple computers with the colored plastic on the back of the monitor.

The main character is a girl I think and they have to get through this castle that's filled with puzzles, the first puzzle is getting into the castle and there's a moat filled with a bunch of bridges and only one gets you all the way in.

Another room I remember has doors everywhere and you have to pick the right one there's doors in the floor and ceiling as well.

If anyone has any idea what this game is I'd love to know it's been bugging me forever!

[quote="kearam" post="9.166417.21098001"]Im lookfor a game I played with my dad probably ten or more years ago. I believe it was an n64 game because it was four player. You start out as a wizard and play through maps hack and slash style and collecting treasure. When you got to a high enough level you got a dragon fly pet that leveled up into a dragon, both shot fire balls. Its a game very similar to the gauntlet games but with more American graphics. Thx in advanced

Trying forever to find a game I used to play on my old windows 98 (i think) computer at least 10 years ago. It was a haunted house/mansion shooting-type game. You walked through the mansion and shot Frankenstein, bats, witches and traveled outside into the garden labyrinth to shoot skeletons that shot back at you. Then you went into the stone court yard and shot at gargoyles. It had other levels where you shot at harder to kill witches. You collected healing potions. And you could change out your guns for a magic wand. I used to waste SOOO many hours on this game and I was thinking about it that other day and I can't remember what is was actually called. I think it might have come with my windows computer back in the day.
Does anyone remember this or know the name?

Trying forever to find a game I used to play on my old windows 98 (i think) computer at least 10 years ago. It was a haunted house/mansion shooting-type game. You walked through the mansion and shot Frankenstein, bats, witches and traveled outside into the garden labyrinth to shoot skeletons that shot back at you. Then you went into the stone court yard and shot at gargoyles. It had other levels where you shot at harder to kill witches. You collected healing potions. And you could change out your guns for a magic wand. I used to waste SOOO many hours on this game and I was thinking about it that other day and I can't remember what is was actually called. I think it might have come with my windows computer back in the day.
Does anyone remember this or know the name? I wonder if you can still play it anywhere?
Thanks!!

Stefana Hutupasu:
Oh I just have the same problem!
I just can't remember the name. There was a game I played in 2009, you had a costumizable character you played with, and you had to find your own resources ( there were different kinds of berries,[especially berries] and plants etc.) and you also had a little pet you could find in the wild, I'm not sure, but I think you could also breed it. And different details: You had an finite number of slots inventory, but you could add more by using money( I don't remember if it was berries or something else, or coins idk.) and you had to craft different things, clothes food etc.

bumppp

Mortimer Rush:
i'm sure someone posted about this already but I don't wanna sift through the thread looking.
it wasn't that old, probably after 2000. you played as a robot spider mecha type shooting at enemies of a rival army maybe, I remember a level where you were on a ship amongst a fleet but I don't remember if they were allies or not. might have been on the ps2.

oh and there's another game i'm sure was PS2, it's recent but I just can't remember the name. it's fantasy, I don't remember anything about the storyline but I remember the combat. if I recall there were no other people, just you among ruins. the protagonist had the ability so summon monsters and the ones I remember were floating stars that shoot beams from their center.
usually you face a lot of monsters at once. the two bosses I remember was a demonic tree that you had to hit specific parts of to kill, and a gigantic spider in a cave. the only way to hit the spider was to wait for it to lower it's spinneret.

bump :I

DoctorA:
Trying to remember the name of a game I played on windows 95. It was 2D, about a fat man trying to capture some creatures that were his "friends?".

It had a lot of toilet humor, such as burps, farts, puke, ect.

There was one short cut scene I remember, were one of the creatures say "Born to ski pavement" with a lisp, and is then dragged behind a car.

any ideas?

Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure would have been out around that time, not sure if it got a PC port?

Shinigami936:
I remember enjoying this game quite a bit back when I was around 6 or 7, it's either an turn based or real time strategy game from around the early/mid 2000s. I'm learning toward saying it was turn based, because I think I remember it having grid-based movement
It was a free game on GameTap, back when it had tons of free games.

I'd like to revisit it now that I actually have a mind for strategy, but I can't rediscover the game, and all I remember of it is your troops are in squad of around 1-9 units.

Particularly I remember one of my units being able to summon Treants into the front line of the squad.
If you've ever played Yu-Gi-Oh Falsebound Kingdom the squads work similar to that, with each squad appearing on the map as a single unit, then the rest appear out of nowhere for the battles.

Off that, anyone have ideas as to what this game is?

Anyone?

all right since everyone is posting about game help I need one too, I played a PC game in like 2009-2008 it was a person searching around in a castle the start is like this: you start in a forest and there is an old man, maybe some kind of mage, he gives you a quest from there you go into the forest and find a castle. To get into it you have too do something in the fountain at the front, like trip a switch or something like that, then you go in. Its not a shooting game but there was health bar, to be honest I never really got far in it cause I couldn't save,maybe it is a fighting one, but not with a gun. the graphics were new HD and it was a person I think actually walking around, not like in the old game. Graphics like in oblivion the elder scrolls 4. please help I've been going crazy looking for this game! and thank you in advance, sorry for little information. Oh and also the loading screen was, I believe a castle with the name and maybe a character but I don't remember.

Hi, I'm looking for a game I played when I was very little, on win95 probably.

You play as either a car or truck, maybe a fire engine, and I remember that you have breakfast (cornflakes) and then you can drive around town in an overhead view I think? You can also change the colour of your car/truck at the mechanics. Don't remember much else.
Thanks!

So the game I'm trying to remember is for the classic PlayStation family, but I can't remember if it's for the PS1 or PS2, either of those two.
So all I remember is that the game takes place in Japan and this girl gets kidnapped by ninjas or mercenaries. You play as these 4 male people fighting your way through the ninjas or mercenaries trying to rescue the girl.

So the game I'm trying to remember is for the classic PlayStation family, but I can't remember if it's for the PS1 or PS2, either of those two.
So all I remember is that the game takes place in Japan and this girl gets kidnapped by ninjas or mercenaries. You play as these 4 male people fighting your way through the ninjas or mercenaries trying to rescue the girl.

Hi im trying to think of the name of an old pc game i played with my dad when i was very little it was release between 1996 and 1999 and featured a barbaric or medievil warrior style character in a 3d landscape set in 3rd person view, the only things i remember from gameplay is that there where huge pits filled with wooden spikes you had to jump across or risk being impaled, the enemies you fought had boar heads or masks with horns.. thats most of what i can remember.
Would love to play it again. It was on a windows pc if thats any help .
Also there was a castle involved in the story you had to get to, and i think you encountered a cyclops along the way.. the hero carried a sword in the game and had dark hair too. Please help me find this game and sorry about the little info i remember on it but i was only around 5 years old when i played this game.

UPDATE : It also may have only been a demo that came preloaded with windows pc at the time.

This game is so hard to come across havent even came across a screenshot and iv been searching for weeks at this stage. HELP!!!

I've been trying to find one game I used to play back in the late 90s on either windows 95 or 98. It was an isometric puzzle/adventure game from what I remember.
Your character is an astronaut who has crash landed on an alien planet or something and during the crash some parts flew off his ship and you have to go searching for the parts. I remember the game had a lot of carnivorous plants and everything was in a grid on the ground. You had to do something to the plant life (like make them go up or down maybe) to navigate through the areas in order to get your ship parts. The tiles on the ground under plants would light up red or green if you did stuff to them I think, too. Sorry, but that's about all I can remember about the game.

Katie Baldwin:
OKAY I NEED HELP.

There was a children's game around early-mid 2000's that came out of a cereal box for a PC. It opened with a young kid eating too many cookies and then being sucked into a world where everyone that existed was some form of healthy food (I.e. broccoli, cheese, bread, etc.) and he had to complete a lot of quests to get back home.

anyone?? please

Definitely a Pajama Sam game. Don't know which one, though (it was a series of games).

hi all, looking for the name of a game that was on a pc cd. it has a spider in the middle with a web around it. and it has butterfly and maybe other bugs on it not quite sure on the web.. played it around 2005--06.. also it goes zip zip zip.. any ideas. a very addicted game

Hi there all! Glad to found this thread...

It's been few years I'm searching for a fishing pc game..which last I played in year 2002..it's simple bass fishing game..
With simple 2d graphics, don't even have avatar(I think..) but after casting the lure to some spot..u just can see the shadow of the fish from aerial view..then the fish starts to move and appearing from the muddy water..really can't remember other details or name..just it's so fun that I've been playing for hours non-stop..sadly can't even find any classic pc games that matches the details I've remembered...I'd be very grateful if could find that game again. Thanks everyone.

By the way, I get the game from my friends hard disk..so don't really know where he get it or where he is now..

I'm looking for a browser game on the Outspark website...

You controlled some sort of little creature civilization. They called you "Great One" or something and you had to guide them. You built them resting places and schools, and they collected things and presents for you. This gave you some sort of points you could use for things like creating sun and rain or something.

The game map/background was a sort of dark color (or at least my memory of it is, I don't remember if there was a day/night cycle. I think not.)

You started out with them asking for your help in the top right area. Then you slowly expanded across a gorge or river or something after building a bridge.

I got a sudden urge to find it.

Looking for an old PC game in which we were a knight

First Person View

Going throw dungeons, killing other knights

I was really young, i don't know the release date, between 1995 and 2000?

I remember playing a game when I was younger that I think had loony toons characters or somthing like that in it.
It was set in what i think was a school. you were supposed to go in each room looking for specific items.
I also remember a room with like a bunch of books, movies or something along those lines stacked all around the room.

Hi all. I have searched the game without fortune in this tread..i remember almost all (beside the name, oh the irony):
It's a robot based game for windows 98-xp, your goal is to destroy the enemy base rappresented by a glowy sphere and defend your one.
You have also traps for defend yourself. Thx for the help :D

There is an old point and click adventure game that I had the demo (Or I think it was a demo version) of as a kid. I would love to go back and find the full version but I've forgotten the name. I remember that there was a sort of combination television/gps/radio thing with many channels. If you had the right coordinates/code combo it would bring up an image of a world that you could enter (I think you could try to manually tune it and the image would be slightly scrambled?). The two worlds I remember were a hot air balloon and some sort of londonish city. I want to say that the city had some sort of ominous secret but I can't for sure. I wish I could remember more of it than that but sadly it was ages ago and I don't think I even spent that long with it in the first place.

Hi guys i need help looking for a game that I played on Windows 95 it was a MS-Dos game, it was a plataform game with ladders and the protagonist uses a white bandana on the head and he jumps , there are some blue flames which once you are allingned with them they come at you it is all i remember can someone help me? Thanks in advance.

HectorTheLamerGamer:
There is an old point and click adventure game that I had the demo (Or I think it was a demo version) of as a kid. I would love to go back and find the full version but I've forgotten the name. I remember that there was a sort of combination television/gps/radio thing with many channels. If you had the right coordinates/code combo it would bring up an image of a world that you could enter (I think you could try to manually tune it and the image would be slightly scrambled?). The two worlds I remember were a hot air balloon and some sort of londonish city. I want to say that the city had some sort of ominous secret but I can't for sure. I wish I could remember more of it than that but sadly it was ages ago and I don't think I even spent that long with it in the first place.

Myst III - exile. I used to play it with my mom when I was little, confusing as hell puzzle game. http://www.mystjourney.com/exile/discoveries/walkthrough.php
Voltaic age is the one with the hot air balloons.

noctis13:
Hey everyone, I've been trying to figure out the name of a game for years, my uncle owned it ( I think it was on the original xbox?) and it might have just been a demo, but I remember it being a 3d, action rpg style game where you start out choosing one of two female characters to play as, one had a sword/melee style attacks and the other had magic/projectile attacks. I remember a lot of forest style scenery throughout the levels and it was mostly side-scrolling / platforming game. I remember it being relatively short, hence the demo thought, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it was called. Any ideas? Thanks :D

bump plz

Olysea:

3. http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/157/9/f/4_by_thalassa_star-d7l9exc.png
Another hazy memory, but the mystery of my whole life.
I remember in some game there was either an artwork image or maybe a scenery in the credits that looked like what I drew. I also at some point thought it could be a scenery from an animated movie. I don't really know much about it, all I know is that I definitely saw this at some point somewhere, and i don't remember where, and I just must know. I thought for years that i could have seen it in a dream, but then I found an old doodle I drew (which i recreated into the digital image above from scratch) which means either i liked the dream so much that i drew it, or that it actually existed. I feel like I saw it in the credits of some game most strongly.
If you know where this might be from, be it a game or a movie, please let me know ;u; sorry this isn't exactly on topic, as it's just be searching from where this came from, and it could not even be a game.

Hmmm, I'm probably wrong, but that picture reminded me of the movie Castle in the Sky.

http://powet.tv/powetblog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/hi-tech_crystal.jpg

http://www.concretebadger.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/laputa-sakura-edition.jpg

Here's the Wikapedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_in_the_Sky

Pages PREV 1 . . . 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 . . . 851 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or