Is Exoprimal a Dino Crisis Game Sequel?

is Exoprimal a Dino Crisis game sequel answer no not at all not connected sorry suckers - Capcom

Exoprimal is Capcom’s man-vs-dinosaur co-op action game, pitting you against all manner of toothy dino enemies. Does that sound a little familiar? It should, since Dino Crisis, another Capcom franchise, had you dealing with rogue dinosaurs. You even got to fight dinosaurs on a starship, light years away from earth. If that’s bringing back game memories, you’ll probably want to know — is Exoprimal a Dino Crisis sequel?

Recommended Videos

Here’s How Exoprimal and Dino Crisis Are Connected

The only significant connection between Exoprimal and Dino Crisis is that Hiroyuki Kobayashi, producer and co-designer on the Dino Crisis series, has been heavily involved in the production of Exoprimal.

However, that’s the only connection. Exoprimal has nothing to do with Dino Crisis, as confirmed by the game’s producer. One of the trailers features a red-haired woman who looks like Regina from the first two Dino Crisis games, but that’s nothing more than a not-so-subtle nod.

It’s possible that Capcom will, at some point, release a skin that lets you play as Regina from Dino Crisis. But that won’t make it a Dino Crisis game any more than putting Ryu in there makes it a Street Fighter game.

In other words, if you’re a Dino Crisis fan waiting for Capcom to do something with the series, you’ll have to keep on waiting. But Exoprimal might deliver some of the dino action you’ve been craving.

So, the answer to if Exoprimal is a Dino Crisis game sequel is no, it’s not: There’s no in-game connection between the two.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Monopoly GO Free Dice Rolls Links (March 2024)
Monopoly Go. But is it down?
Read Article Untitled Attack on Titan Codes (March 2024)
Untitled Attack on Titan Official Artwork
Read Article War Simulator Codes (March 2024)
War Simulator promo image
Related Content
Read Article Monopoly GO Free Dice Rolls Links (March 2024)
Monopoly Go. But is it down?
Read Article Untitled Attack on Titan Codes (March 2024)
Untitled Attack on Titan Official Artwork
Read Article War Simulator Codes (March 2024)
War Simulator promo image
Author
Chris McMullen
Freelance contributor at The Escapist. I've returned to writing about games after a couple of career changes, with my recent stint lasting five-plus years. I hope, through my writing work, to settle the karmic debt I incurred by persuading my parents to buy a Mega CD. Aside from writing for The Escapist, I also cover news and more for GameSpew. I've also been published at other sites including VG247, Space, and more. My tastes run to horror, the post-apocalyptic, and beyond, though I'll tackle most things that aren't exclusively sports-based.