Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 . . . 793 NEXT

Sveinbjorn Byrd:
I cannot remember the game i used to play on the computer betweent 98-2004.
It has a guy that was kinda like Master chief from halo but he cursed and had a funny british accent. You had to set up turrets and fight giant monsters and you could get a jet pack. It was really fun and i miss playing it but for the life of me cannot remember what it is please help me.

I know somebody remembers it.

Probably Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/giants_citizen_kabuto

ModestosEllada:
Hi I am new here!!!I would like to ask.....Firstly: Do you know which is the best free game pack to download for pc but with many games???????Secondly: I remember a very good game pack which a friend of mine was once had but the only information i can give you is that i remember an excellent game with some kind of monsters that destroy the city......It was five years ago so this is the only thing i remember...Anyway if you could help me i would be grateful!!!!!

http://www.gog.com/en/catalogue/?price=free

http://www.abandonia.com/

http://www.hotud.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

http://www.gameswin.biz/
Don't use this site's crappy flashget program to download games just click the little floppy disk

im look for this game it takes place on other planets. but your in a fighting craft fighting other aliens in their space crafts. what i can also remember is in the first level your saving people and your an engineer and the planet is completely blue and you can shoot a beam from your ship but it doesnt do any damage but helps tell what everything is.

i wish i could remember more but if anyone can remember this game i would greatly appreciate it

yea i know i replying n my own post but im new here if anyone can help

Space Spoons:
I remember playing the demo for this weird PSOne game. It involved square rooms that maybe rotated somehow? There's a time limit for you to do... Something. Can't remember what. All I remember is that in the final five seconds, a female announcer goes "Five, four, three, two, one, goodbye." and then everything explodes.

I don't think I played it more than once or twice, I don't remember liking it much. But it's been driving me crazy trying to remember what it was.

If the other two guesses are wrong, maybe it's Devil Dice? Or its sequel on the PS2, Bombastic?

Owyn_Merrilin:

Space Spoons:
I remember playing the demo for this weird PSOne game. It involved square rooms that maybe rotated somehow? There's a time limit for you to do... Something. Can't remember what. All I remember is that in the final five seconds, a female announcer goes "Five, four, three, two, one, goodbye." and then everything explodes.

I don't think I played it more than once or twice, I don't remember liking it much. But it's been driving me crazy trying to remember what it was.

If the other two guesses are wrong, maybe it's Devil Dice? Or its sequel on the PS2, Bombastic?

Maybe it's Blast Chamber?

I'm trying to remember the name of a game I played when I was a kid. I believe it was for the SNES, maybe the N64, but most likely the SNES. I rented once a long time ago. There was a mansion or castle or something and you tried to sneak around the courtyard and I distinctly remember this one scene where you go through a hole in a wall or a window or something and you find your best friend lying unconscious on the floor and he dies shortly after examining him. I can't remember much more than that, but perhaps some conversing with you guys will jar my memory.

falco_brawler:
I'm trying to remember the name of a game I played when I was a kid. I believe it was for the SNES, maybe the N64, but most likely the SNES. I rented once a long time ago. There was a mansion or castle or something and you tried to sneak around the courtyard and I distinctly remember this one scene where you go through a hole in a wall or a window or something and you find your best friend lying unconscious on the floor and he dies shortly after examining him. I can't remember much more than that, but perhaps some conversing with you guys will jar my memory.

It wouldn't be The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, would it? He's not Link's best friend, but his uncle dies under very similar circumstances to what you just described.

No, lol. In all reality I could just be remembering it incorrectly and it's a ps1 game (which is a possibility and would explain why I can't find it). I think there was a clown or something in a chair or crib or some sort of furniture and he throws you out a window and that's why you start the game in the courtyard. There also might have been playing-card people.

EDIT: He might just knock you out and then put you outside; as I've said, my mind's a little foggy on the whole thing.

bobbyt912:
im look for this game it takes place on other planets. but your in a fighting craft fighting other aliens in their space crafts. what i can also remember is in the first level your saving people and your an engineer and the planet is completely blue and you can shoot a beam from your ship but it doesnt do any damage but helps tell what everything is.

i wish i could remember more but if anyone can remember this game i would greatly appreciate it

Any idea what platform?
V2000 on PSX?

i have a game i remember playing on a demo disk for the ps1 and would love to find again and play i know for sure it was on a demo disk with tench stealth assassin cause i would always play both of them one after the other. Anyways the game involved a human girl that was in a robotic age if i recall correctly the game was an overview like diablo and i know she had 3 different attack 1 was a purple time like bomb 1 was a red fire bomb and the last was electric based and at the end of the demo was a big robot that you faced and it had 4 legs sadly that is all i can remember i have tried looking up demo disks with tenchu stealth assassin and demos with one of the star-wars games even tried looking for the pizza hut special demo disks cause that's what my father got us but i cant find that game for the life of me. if anyone can help out that would be great.

JoeLeedale:
I've got another one. This was on PC, maybe Windows 95 or earlier. It was and Ocarina of Time style gameplay and you had to skate (I THINK) around rooms to collect keys. The rooms were almost mazes and you only stopped moving if you hit a wall. Pretty sure you had to collect different kinds of boots to move on different surfaces, like some boots that could walk on ice instead of skate. The skating thing may only have been in one particular room though, not sure

I found this comment while looking for this exact game and I FINALLY found it!!
It's called Chip's Challenge http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip's_Challenge

Someone else helped me find mine. It was Alone in the Dark 2.

If anyone could help me with this game I would be forever grateful...

I am trying to remember a PC game from (I believe) the mid to late 90s. I don't remember much about it, but here we go.... The game starts with some sort of bad weather coming, there are cows flying across the screen. You take an elevator thing below the surface of the Earth. I'm pretty sure the first room you enter has 4 or 5 robot/machine things in it and you can interact with them. You can choose what to ask which will effect their responses, etc. I know there is a part where you can try on different robot "faces." Wow, this really isn't helpful. I don't even remember the point of the game. I believe you need to collect pieces to build something. :/

Nicholas Bonilla:
i have a game i remember playing on a demo disk for the ps1 and would love to find again and play i know for sure it was on a demo disk with tench stealth assassin cause i would always play both of them one after the other. Anyways the game involved a human girl that was in a robotic age if i recall correctly the game was an overview like diablo and i know she had 3 different attack 1 was a purple time like bomb 1 was a red fire bomb and the last was electric based and at the end of the demo was a big robot that you faced and it had 4 legs sadly that is all i can remember i have tried looking up demo disks with tenchu stealth assassin and demos with one of the star-wars games even tried looking for the pizza hut special demo disks cause that's what my father got us but i cant find that game for the life of me. if anyone can help out that would be great.

There was a game on PS1 that had similar sounding game play called Silent Bomber. It didn't have a female protagonist though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAQyWma-pos&list=PL308D48E0EBBB920F&index=1&feature=plpp_video

omg @gone gonzo thank you soo much i knew something was off in what i said but this saves me from going insane haha and again thank you alot.

is was for pc but it was first person also third person but you never saw your character it had the graphics of freespace 2 but that not the game something like it those

It was a game for the PS2.

You were a samurai. The game was pretty short, but it had a number of paths through the game. If you died, you died for good. However, you could give your weapon to a blacksmith before death, and pick up that weapon from the blacksmith on your next file.

The basic plot was that you were jumped by some bandits. Based on if you won, how you won, and other choices you made, you could wind up joining the bandits, saving some nobleman's daughter, assassinating the noble man, and some other options as well. It was an odd game, as it was more about figuring out the possible routes than actually beating it (although building up a sword through multiple lives was fun).

Not a "great" game, probably not even a good game, and it most likely didn't win any rewards. But it was different.

Prosis:
It was a game for the PS2.

You were a samurai. The game was pretty short, but it had a number of paths through the game. If you died, you died for good. However, you could give your weapon to a blacksmith before death, and pick up that weapon from the blacksmith on your next file.

The basic plot was that you were jumped by some bandits. Based on if you won, how you won, and other choices you made, you could wind up joining the bandits, saving some nobleman's daughter, assassinating the noble man, and some other options as well. It was an odd game, as it was more about figuring out the possible routes than actually beating it (although building up a sword through multiple lives was fun).

Not a "great" game, probably not even a good game, and it most likely didn't win any rewards. But it was different.

Sounds like a Way of the Samurai game.

PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FIND THIS GAME!!!!!! It is an original NES game. It has a girl and boy in it. They shoot something that may be like a pop gun at the bad guys. The girl where a bandana I think. Sorry not very much information but please help me!!!!!!!!!

Please message me if you think of it. I do not really no a lot about this site or how to work it.

ok, well...mine is an 3D ps2 game, you play a kid which friends has been captured by darkness and some sort of darkness-tentacles, ist very skurrile. you can transform into a hero to defeat evil villians, but thats all i remember =( ist very old i guess, one of the first ps2 games...pleas helf, its in my dreams and it drives me crazy to dont know the name of it Dx

oh, and they dont speak @ all in the game =( so...

Hey ima try my best but can any one tell me this game that you could play on ps1 and they had it arcade style aswell, but you could choose between four people to walk around and fight with, it was kind of mid eveilish, and it was 2 players can any one help

Andy Mayer:
ok, well...mine is an 3D ps2 game, you play a kid which friends has been captured by darkness and some sort of darkness-tentacles, ist very skurrile. you can transform into a hero to defeat evil villians, but thats all i remember =( ist very old i guess, one of the first ps2 games...pleas helf, its in my dreams and it drives me crazy to dont know the name of it Dx

Sounds kinda like Ico, only without the transforming part...

I've been trying to figure out what this game was for a very long time and tonight came upon this.. very vague memory of it. It was for original xbox I think.

It was a "simulation" kind of game, more of an RPG style. IIRC you played as a guy and it was somewhere like japan or around asia. You could get a job, had your own place, go to shops and do mini-games and collect prizes and a ton of other stuff. This one's hard for me to remember because it wasn't like the usual games i'd play, doesn't even sound that fun even though it was haha..

Edit: Shenmue 2! Go figure i'd figure it out when i actually post haha

Yes, I remember the game for PC, and it was like you choose any song from your computer and you collect points to the song beat, it was a great game but I cant remember the name...

Mortadella:
Yes, I remember the game for PC, and it was like you choose any song from your computer and you collect points to the song beat, it was a great game but I cant remember the name...

What do you mean with "collecting points"?
Like Stepmania?

Amber Evans Anderson:
PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FIND THIS GAME!!!!!! It is an original NES game. It has a girl and boy in it. They shoot something that may be like a pop gun at the bad guys. The girl where a bandana I think. Sorry not very much information but please help me!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't it be "Zombies ate my neighbors" ?

Not actually, you have like some spaceship, and there is a coloured panels that u have to go through, but u cant hit black ones...

found it!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EsVyEnhxWY thx for help anyways

Hello, I've been looking for an old PC game for some time
hopefully I can find my answer here

1. It's an cartoon themed side scrolling game, the main character is a boy with blonde hair and thick black plastic glasses and looks nervous all the time

2. The cover of the box is him in a bedroom and he's in his bed looking scared

3. I only remember a few parts of the gameplay:

(1) he falls from the sky into a grave yard, and some dude picks him up and say "hey! watch where you land!" something like that

(2) some how the boy turned into a slug and a women would pour salt on him if he crawls by

(3) I think it has a scene in a school with a zombie like dude dripping a basketball in the background

well that's all I remember

For the old rts with different races, that could be starcraft or warcraft.

Please help with my 2:
1. SNES game where you pick from different characters and the set out on a ship. You attack other ships and recruit ships from them. You had a supply limit that was always being used up forcing you to attack other ships to collect loot. Eventually you could sell to the new world and collect gold and silver.

2.A SNES game in a prehistoric era where you could recruit dinosaurs to help. If you beat a board with a one of the dinosaurs you could then pick them to use in other boards. If lost the dinosaur before the board was over you could not pick that dinosaur for other boards. You were a person riding the dinosaurs.

silverwolf:
For the old rts with different races, that could be starcraft or warcraft.

Please help with my 2:
1. SNES game where you pick from different characters and the set out on a ship. You attack other ships and recruit ships from them. You had a supply limit that was always being used up forcing you to attack other ships to collect loot. Eventually you could sell to the new world and collect gold and silver.

2.A SNES game in a prehistoric era where you could recruit dinosaurs to help. If you beat a board with a one of the dinosaurs you could then pick them to use in other boards. If lost the dinosaur before the board was over you could not pick that dinosaur for other boards. You were a person riding the dinosaurs.

1. That sounds kind of like Sid Meiers Pirates! Gold but it was on Gemesis/Mega drive not SNES. There was an NES version though.

2. That could be either Joe and Mac or Adventure Island 2.

i remember playing a game on the computer with like a mole and you had to jump on platforms that moved up and down avoiding the ones that had monsters in them,
i cant remember the name of it and i tried looking for it online but i cant find it, i think but im not sure the mole was like purple or weirdly colored i just remember you lost if you jumped on the platform with a monster or if you reached the bottom

Pages PREV 1 . . . 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 . . . 793 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here