Starfield is one of the biggest games of 2023, and a lot of folks are wondering what are the PC requirements. Here's your answer.

How to Equip and Use Flashlights in Starfield

There are a huge variety of planets and space stations you’ll be visiting throughout your playthrough of Starfield. Some are nice, bright and colorful. Others are quite the opposite, dark, dreary and gritty. In places like this you’ll want to make sure you know how to equip and use the handy flashlight in Starfield. It really makes a big difference in areas that are really dark or quite difficult to see in from mist. Here’s how to make sure you have a flashlight equipped in Starfield and how to use it.

Recommended Videos

Equipping and Using Flashlights in Starfield

At first it can be quite confusing to use flashlights in Starfield. You’ll visit some dark places early on in the game and think surely I have a flashlight somewhere in my inventory. You do, but it’s not where you think! The flashlights are actually built into the Space Helmets. As long as you have a Space Helmet equipped, you’ll have access to a nice, bright flashlight whenever you need it. All you need to do is hold down the LB button on your controller or F on keyboard to switch it on or off. If you just press the LB button or F key, you’ll bring up your portable Scanner instead. So just make sure you’re holding down the button to get the flashlight going. With the many caves and underground facilities you’ll be visiting in pursuit of artifacts this feature really does come in handy.

Related: Starfield Features a Touching Tribute to Fan Who Passed Away

Using flashlights in Starfield

That’s how you can equip and use a flashlight in Starfield. It’s very simple and effective, but it sure took me longer than it should have to realize I could use it straight from my helmet!

If you’re looking for more guides to Starfield, we’ve got articles on how to smuggle contraband, how long the game takes to beat, and how to board ships during combat.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Epic Games Store Free Games List – Current and Upcoming
The Epic Game Store logo.
Read Article Arena Breakout Codes (April 2024)
Arena Breakout official artwork
Read Article Operations Siege Codes (April 2024)
Operations: Siege gameplay screenshot
Related Content
Read Article Epic Games Store Free Games List – Current and Upcoming
The Epic Game Store logo.
Read Article Arena Breakout Codes (April 2024)
Arena Breakout official artwork
Read Article Operations Siege Codes (April 2024)
Operations: Siege gameplay screenshot
Author
Alex Berry
Alex Berry has been a freelance contributor at The Escapist since January 2023. His coverage ranges from funny takes on the latest games to a whole bunch of guide content on such titles as Honkai: Star Rail, Genshin Impact, and various new games. Alex is a jack of all trades when it comes to games, playing almost every new title that shows promise. From RPGs to shooters, all the way through to sports games, he plays it all, although he does have a soft spot for turn-based RPGs having started out his gaming journey with a copy of Pokémon Red on the original Game Boy. Alex has a master's degree in Business and is fascinated by online game economies, often spending a lot of time finding ways to maximize wealth in these games (but he should really be doing that in real life instead).