Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 . . . 868 NEXT

Hi there,

Right, I have two potential games that I can't remember the names of, one will probably be easier to recognise than the other.

1) I think it was just a demo, but you had a recovery/recycling vehicle that you had to use to atomise metal. You could also switch to a helicopter that was more of a attacking option and could also be used to lift the recycling vehicle to other spots or across water using a winch. You then had to upgrade these or reach a certain amount of recycled metal or destroy the enemy base. The vehicles were controlled from the 3rd person and you could get a command view by selecting the ship which was where everything was controlled from, the ship had a female voiced computer assistant I think.
I remember a cut-scene where it explained how the metal was recycled, there were millions of nano-bots that could disassemble and then reassemble the particles in any way they were directed to using a piece of equipment found on board the ship.
The geography of the maps was real world like, and from what I played only took place on various islands.

Hope this enough

2) Much more vague. An RPG where You began in a village with a few buildings and you had to explore the cave in the back wall of this canyon. After exploring the cave you were whisked back to the village and could use anything you';d collected exploring to upgrade the village (Buy new buildings, replace existing one, beautify the place). Then you had to do this all over again. Not sure how much of this I played but would be good to see it again.

Cheers for any help anyone can give me!!!

chrish182:
Hi there,

Right, I have two potential games that I can't remember the names of, one will probably be easier to recognise than the other.

1) I think it was just a demo, but you had a recovery/recycling vehicle that you had to use to atomise metal. You could also switch to a helicopter that was more of a attacking option and could also be used to lift the recycling vehicle to other spots or across water using a winch. You then had to upgrade these or reach a certain amount of recycled metal or destroy the enemy base. The vehicles were controlled from the 3rd person and you could get a command view by selecting the ship which was where everything was controlled from, the ship had a female voiced computer assistant I think.
I remember a cut-scene where it explained how the metal was recycled, there were millions of nano-bots that could disassemble and then reassemble the particles in any way they were directed to using a piece of equipment found on board the ship.
The geography of the maps was real world like, and from what I played only took place on various islands.

Hostile Waters. The action in the vid starts at ~10:20.

Hells yea thats it. Wow!!!! No one around me remembered what I was talking about. I was starting to think I hallucinated the whole game.

bluepotatosack:

SB Ripping:
I remember playing this game on PC where you were quarantined to this city full of crime and everybody was mutated and all f'd up. You drove a taxi and could buy weapons and get machine guns mounted on it and such. Can't even remember what the box looked like let alone the name.

Quarantine?

Can't even believe anybody remembered this!!

i'm not sure if you guys played this game but i'll give it a shot

it was a rpg you can select a leading member among a
*green-haired savage girl with a monkey companion who fights with her (i think the most striking char to remember)
*black-haired white dressed samurai with green tornado blade skill
*red-haired samurai from the same village of the samurai in white
*a blue-haired samurai living with his dad

when you come to the main village you can get companions

*a masked big guy
*i dont remember the rest

basicly level your party up,unlock skills type game
it was japanese so i cant find the name either
it had a black CD with some japanese letters

i typed everything i remember so if you know the game let me know
thanks

serdarozkan90@gmail.com

Hi,

Can somebody that has ever played PC games tell me the title of this PC game. It had, Humans, Another Type of Humans(Maybe ALiens), they wore blue suits, and what looked to be some sort of species also. They were monsters that could mutate. In this game you could build your own base, they could also, even the mutant monsters could too. It was teh type of game where you can build your Tanks, designs your infantry, and build like research labs and all that. I played it like 4 years ago, maybe 3. The aliens bases looked like disks on top of each other, and the humans base could be connected with tubes. You could control like a bunch of tanks, and infantry at once. Their resources were, metal, water and for the Aliens i think Pink diamonds.
Someone please tell me whats the title of THis PC game.

I really appreciate it.

Empireth:

BBK4LIFE1991:
im trying to remember this game. PLZ HELP

- played it about ten years ago on my windows 98 PC
- cartoon looking game
- i remember directing a movie. u can pick the actors lines and the scenery on the set and stuff
- the objective was to make a good movie and make it to the top of the movie hits chart. (box office)
- the story line of the movie was a detective case
- it was a point and click kinda game

It's a bit of a stretch for me, but it wouldn't happen to be Broderbund's Write, Camera, Action, would it?

The storyline for the movie, if I remember correctly, was some woman's cat was missing, and the detective had to go find him. The movie might have been called "The Case of the Maltese Malcolm" or something like that?

DUUUDE!!!!!!!!! thank u so much!!!!!!!!!! omfg u just made my day bro thank u!!!! i have been trying to remember the name of that game for years man. Anyone ready this should deffinetly play this game

CharlieBronson123:
So it's been bugging me lately, this game.. well the name of the video game. I was young so cant really remember to well.

I wanna say it was either a ps2 or xbox game but im leaning more towards xbox.

It was like a mech game. I just remember the opening cut scene, theres a kid i wanna say his name was Leo, some authority figure and some other kids tied up to a pole or something. Its going on during a battle or something.

The authority figure is trying to find something out from the kid. And if the kid doesnt speak up.

The tied up kids will get smashed by a falling mech, and they do..

They also made a sequel with a different protagonist. But the first protagonist does return

And in the sequel the protagonist is betrayed by someone and is shot in the back muliple times.

He ends up waking up in one of the mechs to find out he cant leave the mech's cockpit if he wants to live. Hes like hooked up to the mech by life support or something....

And the video game's name... I wanna say started with a J or something please help It's driving me insane

That would be Zone of the Enders and its sequel, Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner, on the PS2. Great games, both of them, but they sold poorly and are a pain in the ass to find these days. I've been fruitlessly looking for a copy of the second one for eight years now. (You can find it online, but you pay more that way.)

However, if you have a PS3, you're in luck, because an HD remake is on the way.

colasion15:
Can somebody that has ever played PC games tell me the title of this PC game. It had, Humans, Another Type of Humans(Maybe ALiens), they wore blue suits, and what looked to be some sort of species also. They were monsters that could mutate. In this game you could build your own base, they could also, even the mutant monsters could too. It was teh type of game where you can build your Tanks, designs your infantry, and build like research labs and all that. I played it like 4 years ago, maybe 3. The aliens bases looked like disks on top of each other, and the humans base could be connected with tubes. You could control like a bunch of tanks, and infantry at once. Their resources were, metal, water and for the Aliens i think Pink diamonds.

Is it Earth 2160?

Coldie:

colasion15:

Is it Earth 2160?

Yeah, it sounds a lot like it, but the "aliens" who built disks on top of each other were actually a society of women, if I remember correctly. ;)

So definitely check this game out, I;m almost 100% certain Coldie had the right idea.

Anroth:
Hello!

Same with everyone else, I can't remember the name of the game for the life of me..

I played this game about 13 years ago. It was a PS1 game, adventure, for two players.
So basically you go through the game fighting monsters using your gun. If the monsters hit you, you lose a piece of clothing (no, the characters were both guys hahaha). Then you can get chests with new better guns (like boomerang guns). The first boss was an evil tree which threw spiky fruits at you and the ground was sort of wavy. You can also get a sort of spirit pet - fire or ice. The second boss was a sort of golem that threw weird medallion discs at you. The third boss was a giant shell. Then there was another boss which was two humpty-dumpty like creatures which you can only hit when they're facing you. If anyone can remember the name of this game I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks in advance! :)

Hey! I ended up finding out myself! Hahaha It was Three Wonders, an arcade game made by Capcom in 1991. It contained three games from which a player may choose. The one I played was:
Midnight Wanderers: A platform game that sees the player control a hobbit named Lou and his travelling companion, Siva, to run, climb, and shoot at enemies.

There were two other 2-player adventure games I played that I found out:
Herc's Adventure
Captain Commando

Check them out if you've never heard of them. A lotta fun :D

Lauren Holloway:
Red spider like robot... i definatly remember this on the PS1, had it on demo, its called Ghost In A Shell, i didn't quite understand what it was about but i liked it

I assume you're talking about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell

Ghost in the Shell is a Japanese manga series, later popular here for its well received anime. The game you played must have been this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell_(video_game)

billy-j:
I had a demo of a PC RPG game, where you had to choose between warrior, mage or thief (original right?) but you had to choose what your character worshipped before you start (earth, fire, life, death, there were loads). If I remember correctly it was a top down/isometric view, but I can't remember very well so that could be wrong, all I remember for sure is the character worshipping bit. I've been searching for it but can't remember much else for the life of me, can anyone help?

This sounds like Lords of Magic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lords_of_Magic

It's actually a mix of strategy and RPG, but you were right about the top down/isometric view.

I'm guessing your nostalgia may have colored your recollection a bit, though. That's what happened to me, anyway. I replayed it a bit recently, and it is fucking hardcore. Still, if you have fond memories, you should probably check it out.

Fat_Hippo:
Yeah, it sounds a lot like it, but the "aliens" who built disks on top of each other were actually a society of women, if I remember correctly. ;)

So definitely check this game out, I;m almost 100% certain Coldie had the right idea.

Earth 2150: Moon Project specifically has a women-only faction, Lunar Corporation. There's a couple other Earth 21x0 games, too, they are fairly similar.

I've been trying to find the name of a game I used to play as a child on my Windows 98 PC.

Here it goes..

It's a game where you control a spaceship. You can set the camera to view from the inside cockpit or from the back like a 3rd person shooter. It had different weapons, rockets, bullets. You were running from enemies or towards them to kill, go into tunnels and large pyramids on weird planets. Everything was 3D so no 2d dos games, it was pretty awesome.

That's all I can remember.

SPACESHIP + ROCKETS + ENEMIES + TUNNELS + GIANT PYRAMID & SPHINX.

ioaneioane:
I've been trying to find the name of a game I used to play as a child on my Windows 98 PC.

Here it goes..

It's a game where you control a spaceship. You can set the camera to view from the inside cockpit or from the back like a 3rd person shooter. It had different weapons, rockets, bullets. You were running from enemies or towards them to kill, go into tunnels and large pyramids on weird planets. Everything was 3D so no 2d dos games, it was pretty awesome.

That's all I can remember.

SPACESHIP + ROCKETS + ENEMIES + TUNNELS + GIANT PYRAMID & SPHINX.

A bit of a long shot, but it could be Terminal Velocity or Microsoft Fury3? These two games are almost identical and they definitely have plenty of weird planets and tunnels.

Microsoft Fury takes the cake! Thank you mate!

HI all!
When I was yonger I remember playing an arcade game for pc 1 but can't remember the name :(
Anyway, special about the game was thet the fighters could transform in to animals once u pushet the circle in the controler ( o )for ex there was an aligator , wolf etc...end , the lion was the boss.
I wold be very thankeful if someone remembers the name andd tells of corse :D

agron:
HI all!
When I was yonger I remember playing an arcade game for pc 1 but can't remember the name :(
Anyway, special about the game was thet the fighters could transform in to animals once u pushet the circle in the controler ( o )for ex there was an aligator , wolf etc...end , the lion was the boss.
I wold be very thankeful if someone remembers the name andd tells of corse :D

Sounds like Bloody Roar (don't know how to attach screenshots)

Not 100% sure as you said pc1 but i'm thinking you meant ps1 as you pressed circle to transform. On that deduction, i'll stick with Bloody Roar. :)

Screenshot is from the PS2 version: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FYAk99v52lY/TenzIl3fFrI/AAAAAAAAAE8/Vn1HYk9lGtA/s1600/bloody-roar-2-1.jpg

My brother and I are trying to remember a game from when we were kids but only remember a few things from it. It was either a sega game, see the soldier or commonder from top and when I lose for begining again ; show a hill with tombstone of my soldiers on it then my new soldier come from back of the hill !!!! Anyone have any idea what that would be?
thank you

zipzip84:
My brother and I are trying to remember a game from when we were kids but only remember a few things from it. It was either a sega game, see the soldier or commonder from top and when I lose for begining again ; show a hill with tombstone of my soldiers on it then my new soldier come from back of the hill !!!! Anyone have any idea what that would be?
thank you

Cannon Fodder - http://www.abandonia.com/files/games/76/Cannon%20Fodder_1.jpg :)

I think it was a Team 17 game, great game but got ridiculously hard in the later levels and if you lost your soldiers that had leveled up you were stuffed.

thank you very much
I looking for it 1 week but didnt found it

yea that's it !!!
Thank u very mutch :D

SB Ripping:
*snip*

I used to go through that underdogs site all the time years ago. Found some great stuff on there.

Does anyone know this game? Its probably early 1990s in the old windows era before win95. Its a pc game, setting is castle with knights elvenoand dwarves. The intro you see the princess taken captive. Then the main hero will try to save her. Now youre directed to a map divided into sections. I'm not sure if you need to conquer the map but each sections, you fight the enemy's troops. Then spread around the map are elves and dwarves settlement. Now if you choose to ally with one of them, you automatically fight the other one. I remember the elf settlement to be a small tree. The characters are small kind of like similar to final fantasy. Thats pretty much what i can remember. If anyone knows this kindly email me at rnp8@hotmail.com

Does anyone know this game? Its probably early 1990s in the old windows era before win xp. Its a pc game, setting is castle with knights elvenoand dwarves. The intro you see the princess taken captive. Then the main hero will try to save her. Now youre directed to a map divided into sections. I'm not sure if you need to conquer the map but each sections, you fight the enemy's troops. Then spread around the map are elves and dwarves settlement. Now if you choose to ally with one of them, you automatically fight the other one. I remember the elf settlement to be a small tree. The characters are small kind of like similar to final fantasy. Thats pretty much what i can remember. If anyone knows this kindly email me at rnp8@hotmail.com

Sorry, accidentally posted twice. Cant find a way to delete 2nd post

Ok I need help there is a game i believe on dreamcast but im not sure its a fighter where the fights are outside, the main characters have animals there is a eagle and a wolf is the main ones i remember. the key is the animals you walk out with them and on certain combos you can use them to assist fight im hurting my head trying to figure it out

Hey. I'm afraied that this is going to be a hard one.

I have long tried to find an old 2d point and click game that I played about 15-20 years ago. It takes place on a planet that is split into several layers (Core layer then a layer ontop of that and so on, undtil outher layer) and each layer is like different worlds. You play as a boy trying to get into the most inner world or the other way around (Can't remember why) but to get there you have a long journey through the different worlds (layers) with small puzzles on the way. I remember one of the puzzels, there where a table in a cave with small peaple on it, that sang a different tone, and then you had to put them in the right order so that they would sing the right song together. And if I remember right he has some kind of a pet with him on this joyney, possibly some kind of magic dog of some sort.

If anyone can remember the game i'm talking about, you would make me very happy. it's driving me crazy :).

Barner:
I have long tried to find an old 2d point and click game that I played about 15-20 years ago. It takes place on a planet that is split into several layers (Core layer then a layer ontop of that and so on, undtil outher layer) and each layer is like different worlds. You play as a boy trying to get into the most inner world or the other way around (Can't remember why) but to get there you have a long journey through the different worlds (layers) with small puzzles on the way. I remember one of the puzzels, there where a table in a cave with small peaple on it, that sang a different tone, and then you had to put them in the right order so that they would sing the right song together. And if I remember right he has some kind of a pet with him on this joyney, possibly some kind of magic dog of some sort.

That has to be Torin's Passage.

Does anyone remember the game where you take a bubble with a little creature inside of it and then watch it grow? You feed it apples and gave it water, and also let it read books. You saw it grow from a baby to a teenager. And then if it got sick you had to nurse it back to health. Soon enough you had to give it the appropriate home where it either went to the air, water, or wood. Does anyone remember this game?

My description of the game is going to be very vague... Not even sure if i'm getting it right. There was this old game, not sure what console it was on, but anyway, this old game had something to do with a patch on your arm to save you from some kind of disease and you got into a barfight somewhere in the storyline...? Can someone please help me figure this out! I have been trying to for years!!!

You are my GOD!!!
I bow down befor you!

you have saved my sanity. Thanks a mill Coldie :)

inkspirati0n:
Does anyone remember the game where you take a bubble with a little creature inside of it and then watch it grow? You feed it apples and gave it water, and also let it read books. You saw it grow from a baby to a teenager. And then if it got sick you had to nurse it back to health. Soon enough you had to give it the appropriate home where it either went to the air, water, or wood. Does anyone remember this game?

I think i remember the game you are talking about. If it is the same game, the nest/home of this bubble or egg was in a tree, and when this liltle creature came out of its egg you could teach it things. It was able to se your mouse cursor and you could teach it to call it mom or dad.
Cant remember the name, im sorry. But maybe this will help you on your way.

alright so i need some help remembering the title of this game for xbox. Its a hack-n-slash game. You are a demon hunter wearing dragoon type armor and you fly around breaking objects and killing literally thousands of these monsters per level. You could find new weapons which were mostly swords but sometimes axes and lances and i believe you could level up the weapons but not entirely sure. Also the only other character was a voice that spoke to you about the threat you had to cleanse in the area. I recall a bunch of bamboo forests that you chopped down and hidden spirits that would come from objects that you broke which resulted in a higher grade rating at the end of the level. I could have sworn the name was similar to okami but i just cant seem to figure it out.

hello everyone :D i trying to figure out a game i played when i was little.
the game is a 2D game, i think it was a point and click adventure game. it featured captured characters, you controlled a man, and you had to solve something, it featured time travel. and i remember some kind of a green monster thingy in it. i know its not much to help figure out the name, but damn i relly wanna know the name. it also had some cutscenes. plz help me :D

Pages PREV 1 . . . 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 . . . 868 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here