Sonic Central Returns June 7 with Sneak Peek of Upcoming Projects

Sega Sonic Central June 7, 2022 Sonic the Hedgehog video game news sneak peek Sonic Frontiers Sonic Prime Netflix toys costumes events projects

Sega has announced a Sonic Central showcase for tomorrow, June 7, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. ET / 9:00 a.m. PT on YouTube and Twitch. The event will offer a “sneak peek” at upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog “projects, partnerships, and events” occurring in 2022. That means basically anything is possible for the event, from games to TV to toys.

Recommended Videos

Chiefly, Sonic Central could yield yet another look at the upcoming open-world adventure Sonic Frontiers, and it’s likely to give one more tease of the Sonic Origins collection before its digital release later this month. And since this event coincides with Netflix Geeked Week, it’s entirely possible we will receive the first trailer for the Sonic Prime TV series as well. To date, we have only received a quick glimpse of Sonic Prime in action. However, a toy line and costumes have already been announced for the show, launching in 2023.

Meanwhile, the theatrical movie Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and a Paramount+ TV spinoff series starring Knuckles are in the works as well. It’s probably too early to see anything from either of those projects, though perhaps Sega will reveal a projected release window for these projects. It’s pretty likely that the June 7 Sonic Central will have a few surprises in store as well. Notably, there is the rumor that a new 2D Sonic game is in development, inspired by Advance and Rush.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article MW3 Season 3 Roadmap Teases New Maps & Crossovers
MW3 Season 3 skins.
Read Article Sony & Marvel Drop Spider-Verse Short Film to Support Youth Mental Health Awareness
Read Article Golden Girls Reboot Hoax Has Launched a Delightfully Ridiculous TV Recasting Meme
Related Content
Read Article MW3 Season 3 Roadmap Teases New Maps & Crossovers
MW3 Season 3 skins.
Read Article Sony & Marvel Drop Spider-Verse Short Film to Support Youth Mental Health Awareness
Read Article Golden Girls Reboot Hoax Has Launched a Delightfully Ridiculous TV Recasting Meme
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.