Weird: The Al Yankovic Story official trailer new Roku Channel release date November 2022 Daniel Radcliffe

Weird: The Al Yankovic Story Gets a Hilarious New Trailer Spoofing Its Whole Genre

On paper, Weird: The Al Yankovic Story is a biographical movie about internationally beloved and Grammy-winning musician Al Yankovic, starring Daniel Radcliffe. In reality, it’s a hilarious, made-up spoof on autobiographical movies about musicians, and Weird: The Al Yankovic Story is looking even funnier than before with its new, official trailer. It establishes how Al had a difficult childhood because his parents told him to “stop being who you are and doing the things you love,” and he runs into trouble with the law for attending a “polka party.” But then the right spunky music producer discovers him, and he offers Al the perfect stage name to propel him to stardom.

Recommended Videos

The Weird: The Al Yankovic Story official trailer only gets goofier from there, in a great way. Madonna (Evan Rachel Wood) features prominently as Al’s girlfriend who becomes a harmful influence on him, and he apparently makes a descent into drugs and alcohol (because that’s what happens in music biopics). Also, let’s not forget that Daniel Radcliffe is totally shredded throughout the trailer as Al, which is hilarious in itself. Everything about this movie looks on the mark so far.

Weird: The Al Yankovic Story is streaming for free on the Roku Channel beginning November 4.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Can You Watch the Fallout TV Show Without Playing the Games?
Read Article Oldboy Is Getting an English-Language TV Adaptation
Read Article Don’t Worry, the Fallout Show Didn’t Actually Retcon New Vegas
Related Content
Read Article Can You Watch the Fallout TV Show Without Playing the Games?
Read Article Oldboy Is Getting an English-Language TV Adaptation
Read Article Don’t Worry, the Fallout Show Didn’t Actually Retcon New Vegas
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.