Candle Knight Is a Mexican 2.5 Platformer with a January 2023 Release Date Mexico

Indie Mexican Platformer Candle Knight Due Early Next Year

It seems like indie video games are more popular today than ever before. Nintendo certainly likes to prop the titles up in its dedicated Indie World Showcase, and some games go on to huge critical acclaim. Hopefully, this will continue to be the case with Mexican indie developer Dracma Studios’ upcoming title. Named Candle Knight, this 2.5D action-adventure platformer has a new trailer from Tokyo Game Show and a PC release date of January 20, 2023. It has a playable demo on Steam right now.

Recommended Videos

Check out the trailer below:

There’s great style, environments, and unique perspectives shown throughout. Combat and platforming look enjoyable, as well. Here’s a brief synopsis of Candle Knight:

Wield your flame to overcome menacing creatures lurking in the shadows of a ruined castle, use the dynamic difficulty system to your advantage, traverse challenging platforming sections and solve cryptic puzzles inside surreal paintings in this 2.5D action adventure platformer.

In addition to this news, Candle Knight won a qualifier spot at the prestigious Nordic Game Discovery Contest. André Torres, special effects director at Dracma Studios, said, “When I heard that Candle Knight won the Contest, I was blown away. I couldn’t stop thinking about all the effort our team had put into the project and the road it had traveled. This moment marks a huge milestone for our game and supports all the love and hard work that we hope all the players can feel.

This looks like a fun game. It’s no Metroid Dread, for sure, but it is an intriguing concept from the land of my family. I have to give it some recognition for that!

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Related Content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Author
Arthur Damian
Arthur Damian has been covering the video game industry for over ten years, and joined The Escapist in 2022. He is a huge fan of platformers, indies, and fighting games, and strives to cover them for The Escapist every chance he gets. Arthur received his Bachelor’s Degree in English from Brooklyn College in 2009. He is also the Editor-in-Chief over at That VideoGame Blog. When he isn’t writing, Arthur enjoys playing games on his Switch and PlayStation 5, and sings the praises of the greatest video game ever, Chrono Trigger, to anyone who will listen.