Evil West release date delay November 22, 2022 Focus Entertainment Flying Wild Hog

Evil West Delays Its Vampire Slaughtering by Two Months

Publisher Focus Entertainment and developer Flying Wild Hog have announced an evil delay for action game Evil West, pushing the release date to November 22, 2022 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, and PC. Previously, it was set to release on September 20. All things considered, a two-month delay for Evil West is no big deal, especially considering how many games have been pushed into 2023 recently, including the likes of Hogwarts Legacy and potentially Marvel’s Midnight Suns.

Recommended Videos

Per usual, the reason for the delay is the desire to add more polish for launch. However, Flying Wild Hog and Focus Entertainment are appreciative for the positive feedback that Evil West received at PAX East. Indeed, The Escapist’s Arthur Damian previewed the game at PAX East and was suitably dazzled by its combination of God of War and Devil May Cry gameplay mechanics, which resulted in a frantic but rewarding experience. If the rest of the game is like what Art got to preview, this should probably be a great release.

A two-month release date delay will make the final launch of Evil West all the sweeter. Although, it will now be competing with God of War Ragnarok and Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, which is not an enviable position.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes’ Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug to Be Fixed in Upcoming Patch
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Related Content
Read Article Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes’ Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug to Be Fixed in Upcoming Patch
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.