Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 . . . 827 NEXT

I have been looking for this game for quite some time now and this is what it was like.

There was this game that i used to play on the computer when i was like 7 where they globs or monsters would come out of boxes and you had to feed them. and every time you fed them they popped into boxes of the next color and size. the only thing i remember is that the colors were orange, green, and something else...then there were 3 sizes... small, medium, and large and the large one was orange. Some of the items you fed them were like rootbeer and burgers and something else for the small one...i really want to find this game again...so if anyone knows what this game is called let me know.

Hello there. I used to play a video game back 17 years ago. There were two detective/spy(green coat other with black hat and suits) and one warrior. in first scene, They pass through chinese villages and inside huts, where they met flying chinese witches. They can shoot with gun or sword. they can boost health level by eating hearts. In second scene, they reach Egypt and adventure goes on inside the pyramids,where they encounter mummies and electrifying skeletons. There, they could use jetpacks. please help me to fond out the game.

MissingInAction:
I'm looking for a game that I played on PC around 10 years ago, so keep in mind that it won't be Fairy Bloom Freesia because that game was not out yet.
I know for sure that you played as a female and you were either a fairy or there were tons of fairies around as you played. It took place in an enchanted forest type scenario and you had one on one battles with enemies along the paths that were usually creatures of the forest. There was potions and something to do with 3 different colours? I know its a vague description but I would have been only around 10 years old when playing it. Hopefully someone can help me out!!

Maybe Zanzarah?

I am looking for an old school point and click game that I used to play tbh I can't really remember a lot about it just that there was no fighting or anything like that just walkthrough and figuring out puzzles in the environment to get to the next section of the game.

I have a feeling that the character you play is an alchemist or the game revolves around alchemy. I do remember one section of the game where you have to find a clue in a massive morgue it had draws and draws all around the room and you had to open them and their were bodies in there and you had to search in there for the next clue. This was only a very small part of the game you used to have to travel to different "lands" or areas to try and figure it all out and you kept going back to one central location. So vague I know but I know that I used to spend so much time on these games, I have a feeling there might have been a series of these games developed??

So me and my friend are looking are looking for a game that we used to play on PC around 2007, although we're pretty sure it was released around the end of the 90s. It's an 3D-Jump'n'Run with an character that looked like a Mix of Rayman, Crash Bandicoot and Max from Jimmy Neutron (at least that how we remember him).
The game started with a passage where you have to slide down on a lot of ice and dodge objectives. After sliding on the ice you slided into a cave where you would come to a meadow surrounded by trees and a lake in the middle. There you had to do some puzzle solving, until you came into a dungeon, where you had to do the same stuff again, until you came into the next dungeon and so on. The only dungeon i can remember was like a lava level where you had to jump on stone platforms above the lava.
I don't think we ever finished the game, so i can't tell you about the ending.

guyfromtheInternet:
So me and my friend are looking are looking for a game that we used to play on PC around 2007, although we're pretty sure it was released around the end of the 90s. It's an 3D-Jump'n'Run with an character that looked like a Mix of Rayman, Crash Bandicoot and Max from Jimmy Neutron (at least that how we remember him).
The game started with a passage where you have to slide down on a lot of ice and dodge objectives. After sliding on the ice you slided into a cave where you would come to a meadow surrounded by trees and a lake in the middle. There you had to do some puzzle solving, until you came into a dungeon, where you had to do the same stuff again, until you came into the next dungeon and so on. The only dungeon i can remember was like a lava level where you had to jump on stone platforms above the lava.

Seems silly to suggest a game about a popular movie series, but that sounds a lot like Ice Age 2: The Meltdown...

I am looking for an old PC based game (I think it may have been DOS-based, but I'm not sure) that my kids and I used to play. I remember you first enter an elevator that will then take you up to different floors - it first takes you to floor 1 - when you "solve" the puzzle on that floor, you can then take the elevator up to the next floor, etc.

When the elevator door opens, you are looking at a floating path of tiles in outer space, with really nice space-age music playing. Your goal is to travel along the path, which has different branches off of it, until you find the "magic tile" (different color tile than the rest of the floating path of tiles - and is the "end" of the path) - when you get to that end tile, you have "solved" that level and then get transported up to the next level. As you advance along the path, you can see more of the path that becomes visible (since when you first start travelling on the path, you are too far away to see the entire path and it numerous branches).

The game had really cool music and each successive level had harder and harder paths to solve. I think there were about 50 "floors", each one with a cool floating path in space puzzle to solve.

Unfortunately, none of us can remember the name of that game - we'd like to see if we could track it down. Does anyone have any thoughts or remember seeing/playing this game - and if so, can you remember what it was called?

Thanks so much,

Possible System: PS1/PSX

Premise: Multimedia Disk that came with some Playstation 1s (if memory serves) with a very distinct Black & White Motif about a number of things where you do things like: Draw and Color on a Blank Canvas, Sequence Notes to make music, play very basic games. I think it also had cartoon characters.

Very Reminiscent of Mario Paint.

AN EARLY 2000's PC game .
Based on College .
You could create an avitar , send them to a lecture class , make them work at a grocery store , go to the library.

Theyd originally live with mom but I think they could move in with a roomate eventually.

The avitars werent realistic looking . They were more like drawings. had a round head , no neck . you could make them how you wish.

I think I found it on a dressup games for girls site once .

Also ,
There was a robot simulation PC online game , Early 2000's.. I also think it was from the dressup site.
The robot had a "realistic" face but robot body
You could feed the robot things from a fridge , make them learn , dance , sleep , and there was some scientist in the game too who "created" the robot. and if u didnt take care of it long enough it died..

Reposting just in case.
I looked everywhere for this, but never found it, so I hope itll be found here.
I remember playing it about 5-6 years ago on my PC [Windows XP], and it when launching, it opened a window where you can choose a scenario, along with some midi music which actually sounded pretty catchy. There was a medivial setting, a tribal setting, a hell setting and many others, including with a level creator. Upon start, you'd get a small story, then the game starts out just as lemmings would, where you let your troops walk around and gather resources to fight and build their way to victory. I do remember reinstalling it once, and that it had some sort of Yellow-Orange CC clipping into eachother as a Logo.
I do hope someone knows of this.

Looking for a game
Played it no more than 12 years ago.
You would play as a robot, it was online and on the PC. There were little missions you would play where you would go through some-what of a maze and kill the enemy robots with your team-mates. The robots were fist fighting. At the end of each level there was a boss and when you kill the boss he shits out a reward which you run over to pick up. You were able to upgrade and change the look of your robot as well as buy other things such as wings to make it look cooler for real money.

Some of this may not be accurate but that's pretty much what I remember.

Found it! It's called Bots. Fucken amazing game, sad it's rather dead these days but can still play it!

Ogoid:

Paopin:
I remember an arcade game where you play as a small brown haired wizard wearing a blue cape/robe, in between levels you could buy spells to alter the way he shoots this has been bugging me for years.

Maybe Magician Lord?

Sadly no, the wizard was almost childlike in appearance, i think he had glasses. Thank you for trying ^_^

Paopin:

Ogoid:

Paopin:
I remember an arcade game where you play as a small brown haired wizard wearing a blue cape/robe, in between levels you could buy spells to alter the way he shoots this has been bugging me for years.

Maybe Magician Lord?

Sadly no, the wizard was almost childlike in appearance, i think he had glasses. Thank you for trying ^_^

Oh yeah, I was just pointing someone else toward arcade games with blue-cloaked wizard-heroes... Same as them, I think you're looking for Willow, but it could also be Wardner or Legend Of Hero Tonma. =)

Hello,

I'm looking for old real/time strategy game with following characteristics:
- it was game when you could build different tanks in factories which could be upgraded base on scientist point to produce better/stronger units (each factory was specialized to make only one type of unit)
- you could also build walking robots from special plants
- for points you were also able to build fixed defense units to protect your factories, scientist buildings and main tower
- the main tower produced something like alien spaceship which could destroy enemy buildings/defense towers or repair yours
- you could also call special air units which destroys certain area once or bring you additional units
- there was also moving unit with the power of nuke, when it was destroyed (you were sending it as closer as possible to enemy area)
- the last mission was unreal, i have never done it :D also I remember mission where you protected 4 these nuclear units with these robots

Thanks for helping, I have a feeling, it had a word WAR in the name of the game.

guyfromtheInternet:

Could also be "Tonic Trouble" (1999).

Hey all,

I'm looking for a game I played on a cruise to the Bahamas in 2002 or 2003. I'm not exactly sure if it was GBA or GBC, but I'm pretty sure it was one of those two.

I only played the beginning. I think the main character was male, and he was approached by some wizard looking guy who was saying very strange things - it was understandable vocabulary, but grammatically it made no sense. Like, I'm pretty sure he used the words "pizza" and "spaghetti" and stuff... It was just random words in a random order.
Realizing the main character didn't understand him, he hands over a ring (or something, not entirely sure on this) and suddenly he starts making sense.

I don't think I got much farther than that. I'm pretty sure it was an RPG, and looking back I seem to remember it looking similar to Golden Sun (but it was not Golden Sun, I have played both of them for the GBA and neither start this way).

Thanks for any help.

Vlr34:
Hey guys, posting this on here because I've been desperately trying to find this game for years now. I used to play this pic game during around 2005-2006, and I think it was about a mad scientist being attacked by Pygmy colonies? It was a really weird game and you basically had to run from these cartoon pygmies and each Pygmy had a different appearance and a different weapon/ability that came with it.

Hopefully I'm making sense lol

When you say "It was a really weird game," and mention pygmies attacking you and a mad scientist, the game Dr. Lunatic comes to mind.
http://hamumu.wikia.com/wiki/Loonies,_Goonies,_%26_Baboonies?file=Loonies_baboonies_green_key.png

(Alternatively, you might've played the massively expanded version, Dr. Lunatic: Supreme with Cheese)

You can get the game here: http://hamumu.com/game.php?game=DRL

That's a picture with the yellow mask pygmy (partially covered with Chinese food). The yellow ones threw spears, but the purple mask ones poked you with spears. Pygmy shamans were annoying as heck, they could shock you. They had a red mask and dreadlocks, I think.
Usually, you would throw hammers to attack creatures (as you say, weird game), but if you only played a couple levels, you might not remember all of those details. And I guess it's not a perfect fit, because the pygmies weren't attacking the mad scientist, they generally attacked you (Boupha or something was your name). Dr. Lunatic was the bad guy.

If the art looks similar, but it's not the right game, there was a game in which you actually play as the mad scientist guy - Loonyland or Loonyland 2.

There is this one game in the psp it was a hard rpg where a kid can turn into a dragon and he escapes from prison then he ends up with other people

A PSP game, 3D.
You played as a girl controlling a bunch of small robots, which you could stack up and use as a bridge, command to move things, stuff like that. If it's any help, I believe the setting was in an old temple or something, though that might be incorrect.

Reply got posted twice, no clue why.

I am looking for the name of this games for ages and can't find anything. I hope you guys can help me.

It is a FPS game, probably from the 90's, that you play as an alien. I remember that we have a laser gun that we could change the shot (one shot was something like a ping pong ball laser that would bounce on the ground).

We fight against soldiers, and there are also scientists that run away from you.

We have to collect yellow little aliens. You would shoot them and they would be inside a bubble, and then you could collect.
The game begin with you inside a spaceship in a disk format.

TheGolden:
There is this one game in the psp it was a hard rpg where a kid can turn into a dragon and he escapes from prison then he ends up with other people

Probably Breath Of Fire 3. That whole series is all about dragons that take human form. =)

Yo. Okay so uh.
My game that I played was probably on PC, I think it was a fantasy real-time action RPG or whatever you call it. You played as a woman. You maybe ride a train at the beginning of the game, and I remember the train station being real bright. There was also a cutscene where you save some kid from two bullies (I think the protag woman also did a sick-ass backflip during that cutscene while fighting the bullies). And the last thing I remember is you and your other party members go in some magma/lava/volcano looking place and there you fight some enemy pigs that are made out of magma or something like that.

And that's all I remember because I ragequitted at that volcano section. I know it's not a lot of info but decided to post this here anyway. Hope some of you know this game and can tell me what it is.

Hello everyone!

I used to play this pc game, where it was a space shoot'em up.
You would be in a big space location. You could pick up abilities as you fought creatures. After some time (or after killing enough enemies) a worm hole would appear, and you would need to reach it. One of the abilities included some kind of a flail that you can use with the momentum of your space ship.

Please do help me on this!

Hi! I really need some help. There is a game that i played at the time when red alerts 2 was released and the game is just like red alert but only with tanks, air strikes. It was green tanks vs blue tanks and you are the green one, i remember that in order to capture buildings which is the factory of different tanks you have to destroy it first then it will turn to color green and will automatically produce tank for you, you just have to indicate where the tank will go after it will be manufactured. The settings of the location is like mars a red like soil but im not sure if it is on mars. I remember that my favorite tank there is the one which its barrel is like 45 degree faces upwards and fires like a projectile like a catapult . Please help me.

I've been trying to find the name of this arcade game back in the 90s, you could have 1-4 players at once. Whenever you cleared a level you had to destroy a barrier to continue. The 3 players I remember are the ninja,(you start as the ninja)he was dressed in black, the samurai, and a muscle man, the thing is you had to fight them to get them to join your party, they are hypnotized or something and when they come to, they join you, each had a special ability, the muscle man could call down giant rocks and smash his enemies, the samurai could do flips. The last big boss is some kind of giant that has ghosts coming out of him, you had to destroy his fists and head. Does this arcade game sound familiar? It used to be in gas stations, I think it was a one word named game, I want to call it "raiden" but that does not sound right. Can't find it on google. When the Ninja wakes up the samurai he says "Huh. who are you?" that seems to be a famous line as famous as "o youken" from those fighting games

Sounds like either Power Stone 1 or Power Stone 2 for the PS1 to me. At least I know the one for Dreamcast supported 4-player, was isometric and you could get knocked off the ship into the water.

Entity1037:
Alright, I'm going to try here. I'm looking for this either Ps1 or Ps2 game. It's this weird sort of 3d fighting game thing, but it had platforming sometimes? The camera wasn't typical for fighting games, it was zoomed out, and either top-down or isometric or something. It had free movement in all directions and a jump button. All of the characters had a more cartoony look with more chibi like proportions IIRC, with the game textures not trying to be realistic at all. I don't remember the combat really being complex. Or at least, I don't remember thinking through a strategy with it. There might have been like two attack buttons and some kind of special move, but I can't really remember. The game kind of seemed like it could have been shovel ware thinking back, but I'm not confident in saying that until I see it. I don't remember it having that big of a roster of playable characters.

I remember there's this sort of bonus / side stage where you're in this closed up tower and you're jumping from platform to platform upward trying to keep ahead of the rising water level until you reach the top. And there's another stage where you're on this sailing ship, I think on the deck. It had grey metal walls and wooden flooring I think. Here I think you were fighting with other CPU fighters or maybe generic enemies or something. However there's these walls everywhere in this grid pattern, making a bunch of identically shaped square rooms. I think you might have been initially blocked off from others rooms, and you had to defeat enemies to open up the paths to other squares or something, but I might be wrong about that. I'm super hazy with my memory here, so forgive me. I'm pretty sure the game does have a way to have up to 4 players fight each other though, and I think that WAS the focus. I think those two levels that I remember might have been later in the game, like mid-way through it. I also remember the character's HUDs being along either the top or bottom of the screen, and it was just a simple health bar or something.

The thing I remember the most about this game though is... well, my mom made me take it back. I had rented it at a block buster. It still had like 2 or 3 days left. It was the only time in my life she made me not play something anymore because she thought it was too violent and extreme for me at the time. Like she was fine letting me play Mortal Combat 3 on the SNES. I... don't remember it being all that violent or extreme, and I didn't think it was at the time. I don't particularly remember is being super bloody either. I think it might have been either like the presentation, or the characters themselves were extremely vulgar with how they did things.

Other than that.... I think there was this stage that was really orange? It was like a straightforward, open arena for people to fight each other in. Idk I'm really stretching my memory now, I don't have anything else. If anyone could help me find this thing I would REALLY appreciate it, even if it's just a spitball of a suggestion. I never saw it ever again after that rental, and I certainly don't hear anyone talk about it. And I tried checking my old memory cards to see if I had save data of it but I didn't.

Sounds Like Power Stone 1 or Power Stone 2 for Playstation 1 to me. At least on Dreamcast it was isometric, had jumping and 4 player battles also you could get knocked off a ship into the water, etc.

Hallo,

I'm looking for 2 psx games:
1) The first game was some sort of skate- or hoverboarding or may roller blading. It was for kids I guess.. very colorfull, simple levels. You got objectives and could make tricks. It was similar to tony hawk.. but it's not the same game. - found it! - Rocket Power - Team Rocket Rescue

2. Some sort of action-adventure. There were big levels in buildings with rooms full of human opponens. I guess you had melee and range weapons. You could destroy nearly averything in those rooms in order to find new weapons. I guess you were some sort of agend.

Thanks for your help!
greeds
Lawis

Hello.
I've been trying to find the name of multiplayer pvp aRPG(?) game. I remember playing it around 2003 on PC. You could have 1-4 players(and bots), in same maze-like dungeon, and you need ether kill all opponents or find and bring some key to exit. Available characters was:
the Dark Knight with ability to cast magic wave from his sword;
the Golem who throws small rocks;
some guy who can see footsteps on the floor;
and others.
Top-down view, sprite graphics with everything in blue&black tones.
Also remember purely cosmetic running rats on the floor, that dies from AOE spells.

Thanks for any help.

Hello,
I'm looking for a ps2 game but all I can remember was that in the story you have to win a hoverboard race where the prize is a mech.
I'm pretty sure it was the first part of the story.

Thanks for any help.

Sigma Evergreen:
Hello,
I'm looking for a ps2 game but all I can remember was that in the story you have to win a hoverboard race where the prize is a mech.
I'm pretty sure it was the first part of the story.

Thanks for any help.

That'd be Eureka Seven Vol. 2: The New Vision. =)

Dear people
I have now googled for months on end but can't seem to find this one specific game I am looking for. I don't know what to do anymore and hope someone may be able to help me.

Somewhere in the late 90s my brother and I played a game on our parents computer which ran windows 95 or 98 (not sure which one). It must have been a DOS game. I was pretty sure the game was called "Pioneer" cuz I remember reading the title specificly to remember it later but since I can't find any game called like this I may be wrong. Or maybe it's just part of the title.
I would say it was a 2D side scroller space shooter. You played as a blue/grey spaceship (or something like it) and could fly in any direction on the screen. There was a life bar and the goal of the game was to shoot the other player (the game has local co-op. If there was anything else I am not able to remember it since we only playd local co-op). You could take damage by getting shot or by flying into walls and other obstacles. You may had to refuel your vehicle but Iam not sure. I also think it was possible to leave your spaceship and then you were able to run around as a tiny man(but not sure of this one either).
I am also not so sure if it was a "space" shooter. Because, yes, you flew a spaceship but you were like in room that was surrounded by walls which looked like they were made with those bricks from breakout but only in blue and grey. Shooting those walls would destroy them. It's possible that the map wrapped around itself if there were no walls. I also think you had diffrent weapons (shooting straight and shooting downwards).

The reason we played that game was because we had a lot of fun building tunnels trough walls and "building" rooms. We weren't really interested in shooting each other.

I have no idea were my brother got that game from or if it came with windows (I checked that but it's unlikely). I really hope someone can help me with that. I never found anything anywhere. It's like it never existed. It's so weird.

I'm sorry but I need your help. It's been a long time since I was looking for a game that I played when I was smaller at least before 2012 and after 2007 but I have only vague memory, according to what I Deduced it was a similar game to Prince of Persia (1989) for the gameplay and Lemmings for some graphics but and in space I believe with teleporters and I remember that I had found it on flash game sites so if you could help me find it I'll be very grateful.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 . . . 827 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here