Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 . . . 849 NEXT

oops.

steenz:
Offering a $500 award to whoever can get the name of this game!

- I played this game about 10-15 years ago.

- CD ROM inserted which had a variety of miscellaneous games available

- One of the games involved choosing an NFL/Football routine where you could select as many team players and cheerleaders you wanted to be on the field, and select a movement routine for each character. For example, the cheerleaders had the option of waving their pompoms or doing flips in the air. Once you were happy with the way the routine looked, you would press the Play button and the characters would act according to the moves you gave them.
This game was a pixelated animation that included music and sound effects.

- Another game from the CD was a board that was set up, with a variety of tools down the side of the screen (on the right). The tools included a paint brush, eraser, mop (to make the board "greasy/ slippery"), etc. You could edit the board using these tools. There would be a marble looking ball that would drop onto the screen and move around the board depending on how you edited it.

I know the way I've described the games sound really random but if you've ever played this cd you'll know exactly what games I'm talking about!

Looking forward to some peace of mind!

Steenz

Do you know what OS it was? All I could think would be NFL Blitz 2000.

I also want to find out the name of a game again, It was a turn based game I believe closely resembling Aliens. There were a few characters, one being a female scientist an a robot. The scientist would slap aliens to damage them (lol) while the robot would use a taser. This was on Windows 98. The disc also contained a copy of Age of Empires. It also had Trespasser on it.

Ok im trying to remember this old game back on ps1 or early ps2. It's been about 15 years so bear with me. The title screen has a circle in which you habe to scroll to choose new game load game etc..

Well all I can really remember is you start off on a ship and I think it was the demo. It's a turn based game and the first enemy is a crab that you have to fight in this kinda small room of the ship. I think the demo ends shortly after so I don't have more info. Please help

Ok im trying to remember this old game back on ps1 or early ps2. It's been about 15 years so bear with me. The title screen has a circle in which you habe to scroll to choose new game load game etc..

Well all I can really remember is you start off on a ship and I think it was the demo. It's a turn based game and the first enemy is a crab that you have to fight in this kinda small room of the ship. I think the demo ends shortly after so I don't have more info. Please help

michaelatlam:
Hey just joined this community and so happy to find others who love the classics :D This I have searched countless days for with no luck until I came across this site :D so I am looking for this game I am pretty sure it was either on Windows 95 or 98, Now all I remember from this game is being RTS alien based and one of the units looked like a toaster with a disc blade as a head ( lol Can't describe it better sorry :) ) which is used as a weapon as well ( I remember this being the enemy, I believe they were blue/purple and some yellow?. Also the resources where flower like which require to be harvested. There were also other alien type units with long arms which were cream-ish coloured but I am nots ure if I am mixing these with the Frythans on Seven Kingdoms :D Which btw is my all time favourite classic :DDD.

Anyone ever played this game?

I really hope anyone did...Need to play this game before the end of world tomorrow :PPPP

Cheers!

Im looking for that also

I remember a game where it was 2 players and it was like a battle between the red tiles and the blue tiles. I remember playing it with my sister on the snes. I know there was water or something around the map. My first thought of the name was battleship but it's not that game. If anyone can help me I couldn't be able to thank you enough

Old game from what my memory serves, sci-fi in senario, crash on a planet with a few buddies, pretty goofy game I think, guns and shooting, helping the locals, I remember playing 3 characters, a shooter guy in armour, a blue lady with a sword and this giant monster that eats stuff to get bigger, cant remember the name at all and it's KILLING ME. Pls and Thx and all that

eagle85:
I'll try my luck.
I remember playing a game. The presentation style was similar to Conqueror AD 1086, but it had no strategy and competition parts (as far as I remember), you were always alone, during a fight your character was visible from right-behind and the enemy appropriately as digitized sprites for visual feedback on the fight. The maps were not random, it was basically just a castle with multiple towers. You could talk to NPC's (there were bars etc) and you also could find chests (due to maps not being random, always in the same spots :D)
Looking for it for quite a while now xD

I still have hope, been bugging me for years now but as they say: hope dies last xD

What I also remember, it had a year in the name (maybe even the year was similar to 1086 - it's maybe even just a light ripoff of Conqueror lol as the models are basically the same)

Also what I remember that fights weren't necessary. You could just bribe the guards or avoid them alltogether. Fighting them was pretty hard though (no magic, just sword skills basically, you can swing the sword depending on your mouse movement or parry their hits)

Still hopeful as I imagine there aren't too many games like this ^^

michaelatlam:
Hey just joined this community and so happy to find others who love the classics :D This I have searched countless days for with no luck until I came across this site :D so I am looking for this game I am pretty sure it was either on Windows 95 or 98, Now all I remember from this game is being RTS alien based and one of the units looked like a toaster with a disc blade as a head ( lol Can't describe it better sorry :) ) which is used as a weapon as well ( I remember this being the enemy, I believe they were blue/purple and some yellow?. Also the resources where flower like which require to be harvested. There were also other alien type units with long arms which were cream-ish coloured but I am nots ure if I am mixing these with the Frythans on Seven Kingdoms :D Which btw is my all time favourite classic :DDD.

Anyone ever played this game?

I really hope anyone did...Need to play this game before the end of world tomorrow :PPPP

Cheers!

Maybe it's "WarBreeds" https://youtu.be/oMTSRyA3nDA?t=103

I am looking for a game I used to play online back in 2003 and 2004 that had a black background and you had to try and trap all the bats or birds that were yellow and all you could use where the arrows to make boxes to trap them in and you had to get them all. I can not for the life of me find or remember the name of it. Any help would be great!

There are two games I remember from when I was little and I'm dying to know what they were called. One was a kid game where you played a girl and there was this fuzzy purple creature that would do bad things and try to get you to lie. I think the goal of the game was to teach kids that lying is bad.

The other game was one I saw my uncle play when I was young and it scared me. It was a horror game where you walked around this building and you had a phone with you and this creepy girl kept calling you. I remember that you find a torso of a man's body in a bathtub at one point, and I specifically remember the creepy girl calling you and saying "hehe, I'm gonna kill you" like 3 or 4 times back to back.

Both games are probably from the 90s. The kid game was a computer game and the other one was a console game. I would guess it was for the ps1 or ps2.

Epicskunk:
Hello everyone!

I used to play this pc game, where it was a space shoot'em up.
You would be in a big space location. You could pick up abilities as you fought creatures. After some time (or after killing enough enemies) a worm hole would appear, and you would need to reach it. One of the abilities included some kind of a flail that you can use with the momentum of your space ship.

Please do help me on this!

Still no help? I understand; no one wants to help me, anyway.

ArielFultz16:
The other game was one I saw my uncle play when I was young and it scared me. It was a horror game where you walked around this building and you had a phone with you and this creepy girl kept calling you. I remember that you find a torso of a man's body in a bathtub at one point, and I specifically remember the creepy girl calling you and saying "hehe, I'm gonna kill you" like 3 or 4 times back to back.

Probably Clock Tower II: The Struggle Within. Skip to 32:35 to hear the girl say "Hehe, I'm going to kill you," but the player in that video never answered the phone so you only get the in-person version. The torso is around 6:00.

Midwoka:

ArielFultz16:

Probably Clock Tower II: The Struggle Within. Skip to 32:35 to hear the girl say "Hehe, I'm going to kill you," but the player in that video never answered the phone so you only get the in-person version. The torso is around 6:00.

Midwoka:

ArielFultz16:

I think that's it. It looks really familiar. Thank you so much!

Hello everyone!

I looking for 2 games. I was child when I played with them, it was at least 10 years ago. I have some accurate memory pieces but i couldn't find the games with keywords. Os was win98. So the 1st one:
It was a kinda 3d ball game. In the main menu you could choose among some ball textures. In the main-menu's right side there were 3 "stage". First with 12 levels, second idk, third with 4 levels this 4 were extra levels, you couldn't play with them before complete stage 1-2.
Gameplay: Top of screen was black thick line, and white time counter maybe you have to complete the level to time. Control: left and right (maybe little slow down with down) Sometimes you had to bypass some barriers cause when you hit it, it stopped you. And sometimes was accelerator field on the "field". The last levels (of 1st 12) had moving barriers, which came from the ground and it moved frequently up and down even at the whole width of field (which was 6 or 8 unit)
I think that the terrain was a bole on the 6th level. The terrain was never the same, each map had a different terrain and skybox, but it was just design.

The second: I have less memories about it. The object was that, you have to reach a rocket. But it was also a kinda ball game. You had a little ball, you had to hit planks or going threw bubbles to remove it. When you cleaned the map you launched the rocket. I could play only with the demo but, I could see the levels in menu. It has around 5-8 stages. Six levels in each stage, here the structure was an inner hexagon the stage label, and around the inner there were 6 outer hexagons which were the maps.
Oh one more thing: on some maps there were a thin semi-transparent line and when the ball went threw the line (it was inevitable) you couldn't control the ball until it bounced from the opposite wall.

I didn't even remember these games for a long time, but since the memories "came to the surface" thence the thought isn't resting me.

Help guys There is a old point and click puzzle type game I cannot remember the name of

- You start out in your apartment, then when you leave you end up at a dig site looks egyption.

I remember there been a round table that was a puzzle you had to solve it was for macintosh in the 90's

If anyone cannnn help that would be great

dinkebergthethird:
Old game from what my memory serves, sci-fi in senario, crash on a planet with a few buddies, pretty goofy game I think, guns and shooting, helping the locals, I remember playing 3 characters, a shooter guy in armour, a blue lady with a sword and this giant monster that eats stuff to get bigger, cant remember the name at all and it's KILLING ME. Pls and Thx and all that

sounds like citizen kabuto?

dinkebergthethird:

sounds like citizen kabuto?

Hi all just stumbled onto this forum while in search high and low for a game i played as a child.
so the platform will be either on an amiga 500 or what ever the high end pentium with dos was at the time.

The game was some sort of isometric RPG where you primarily played as a floating robot that was silver/gray with blue highlights that had weapons like machine guns and a laser sword that you could use if you did not have enough credits to get more ammo at the vendors.
pretty sure you could upgrade your weapons and it played like a dungeon crawler like diablo or something. the second part was you had to get into a vehicle to gather your credit resources but this was what made it so different it turned into an old 3d simulator with you driving around and shooting things. i remember you had to swap disks when you had to go to the out side.
the enemy's where all robots, one enemy looked like you but was silver with pine green trim.

the art style while inside/isometric view was cartoony sprite almost anime like.16bit at least, would look like an ios game today.
then switch to 1990's 3d tie fighter kinda of thing with an fps view point. when out side. the 3d was not great but played smoothly and was pretty fun. the game had a more mature feeling to it and although you where not killing people i would say was fairly violent.

It is a possibility that im mixing 2 games in 1, the isometric robots and cartoon rich colors what really stand out to me in my memory.

thanks guys and gals.

Hi all just stumbled onto this forum while in search high and low for a game i played as a child.
so the platform will be either on an amiga 500 or what ever the high end pentium with dos was at the time.

The game was some sort of isometric RPG where you primarily played as a floating robot that was silver/gray with blue highlights that had weapons like machine guns and a laser sword that you could use if you did not have enough credits to get more ammo at the vendors.
pretty sure you could upgrade your weapons and it played like a dungeon crawler like diablo or something. the second part was you had to get into a vehicle to gather your credit resources but this was what made it so different it turned into an old 3d simulator with you driving around and shooting things. i remember you had to swap disks when you had to go to the out side.
the enemy's where all robots, one enemy looked like you but was silver with pine green trim.

the art style while inside/isometric view was cartoony sprite almost anime like.16bit at least, would look like an ios game today.
then switch to 1990's 3d tie fighter kinda of thing with an fps view point. when out side. the 3d was not great but played smoothly and was pretty fun. the game had a more mature feeling to it and although you where not killing people i would say was fairly violent.

It is a possibility that im mixing 2 games in 1, the isometric robots and cartoon rich colors what really stand out to me in my memory.

thanks guys and gals.

Epicskunk:

Epicskunk:
Hello everyone!

You would be in a big space location. You could pick up abilities as you fought creatures. After some time (or after killing enough enemies) a worm hole would appear, and you would need to reach it. One of the abilities included some kind of a flail that you can use with the momentum of your space ship.

Sounds a bit like Descent.

Robert Madsen:
Help guys There is a old point and click puzzle type game I cannot remember the name of

- You start out in your apartment, then when you leave you end up at a dig site looks egyption.

I remember there been a round table that was a puzzle you had to solve it was for macintosh in the 90's

If anyone cannnn help that would be great

Maybe Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis?

Hello there I am locking for a game that's ~10 years old at least and it's in 2d. You are a space ship thats orbits the earth (with a mouse) and shooting down enemies / alians that are coming from all directions after each rownd you can upgrade the earth that effects game play . I remember that a lot of things going on and a lot of explosions and chaine reactions that killed most enemies. It's a type of game that have a demo version and a full version

eagle85:

Epicskunk:

Epicskunk:
Hello everyone!

Sounds a bit like Descent.

It wasn't 3D, it was 2D but kinda 3D. And it wasn't FPS, it was third-person.

WEll...here goes nothing: I remember a game me and my brother used to play. I don't know the exact year of it's release, but it was the early 2000's(possibly 1995/6 or more) since me and my brother played it around 2005/6 on an old computer that's still in the house I live in to this day! The game was about a drill that you play as while dodging eneies. Pc game, by the way. I don't remember anything else, exept for the fact that it's not, but is still very similar to the 1995 arcade game "Digger". Many people probably remember digger.
If you know what game I'm talking about, please let me know!
Thanks in advance!:)

I wanted to read everything to see if someone had already asked, but then I saw this thread has 811 posts, so nevermind lol.

I remember playing this free online game, probably around 8 years ago, it really felt like the story of the mist. I don't remember if it was first person or what gender you were, but this mist was coming so you went into a store and I think it was point and click? I remember something was up with the tv at one point (with snow), and you went into the basement later, and (SPOILER) I remember a flashback of your little kid being ran over with a car because she tried to pick up a ball. At that point I got so scared and sad I stopped playing (I was like 12), but I never forgot about that game.

Hey everyone! I just remembered a game that i don't think many people know/knew about. The game is a board game wich im 100% sure was made entirely in claymation with modeling clay. Basically, there is this little dude with drums who its the drums. The number of times he hits the drums=the number of fields you move. I don't remember much more than it was in a jungle/tribal scenario. I think(but not sure) that it was one of those games that has multiple games inside. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Hello so i played this game about 8 years ago and you are a goofy knight and i remember a level where you are in some sort of a libary and there are monsters in the libary and the bookshelves sometimes fall down and there is an area where the floor breaks. There is also a level where you are outside a huge castle and to get into it you have to circle it be cause thats how you climb up. I don't remember the objective of the game but it was 3D. As i mentioned you are a goofy knight so when you get hit by a monster you make a goofy sound also when you jump... Also throughout the game you collect keys so you can open the doors that lead you to the next level. I tried googling to see if i can find but google only gives me 2d online knight flash games.

Hi!

Im really desperate to know the name of the game. It is an old PC strategic game. The only I remember about this game is the objective is to convert the enemy's faith. It is a strategic game, but instead of using weapon to go to war, the game uses faith as the weapon. So basically we produce a religious character as an army, such as Prophet, Missionary, etc.

And when we convert the faith of the enemy, we won the game. So thats all I can recall from the game. If anyone know the game title please reply. It gave an itch in my brain XD
Thanks.

2Fluttershy:
Hello there I am locking for a game that's ~10 years old at least and it's in 2d. You are a space ship thats orbits the earth (with a mouse) and shooting down enemies / alians that are coming from all directions after each rownd you can upgrade the earth that effects game play . I remember that a lot of things going on and a lot of explosions and chaine reactions that killed most enemies. It's a type of game that have a demo version and a full version

Still waiting :(#

I am looking for a game where you played with a mud like or juice creatures and you usually pick up a juice straw and other weapons (like shovel if i can remember), There are other creatures like you but with different colors and once you kill one of them you use your juice straw to drink their liquid dead body to grow in size, the game had 3 teams controlled by AI and they can kill each other. Sorry for the few info, that is all i can remember, pls help if u can

Hi, Im looking for a game I saw my grandma play once and the platform I believe was ps2, all I can remember from it is there was a dark hallway and she went in this one room where it was like a small kitchen and there was an island in the middle and above the island was a dish rack thing hanging from the ceiling and plates from the rack were being thrown at you, eventually she went back to the hallway and near the end (or very dark place) something shot out and grabbed her character and was pulling her and you had to spam the x button to get away. What I think grabbed her was a huge spider and it shot it's web making stuff at her. If anyone can find out what it's called I couldn't be able to thank you enough.

I have a few, though 2 may be the same game.

A 3D PC FPS game

I recall playing it on an old Windows 95-98 machine. While I can't say for sure,
it was probably around 2000-2003 when I played it, but I recall it looking like something
akin to Quake.

Some telling things I remember...

Spawn with a pistol

Spawning inside a small outdoor enclosure ( fenced in? ) with an entrance into
a building nearby. The outside area was a bit drab and gray. Entering through the door,
there was a fairly well-lit hall ( yellow/white lighting? ) with what I recall having RED carpet, and a guard or two closed in and shot at you.

Shooting the guards in specific body parts caused said parts to come off, but they didn't
seem to phased by it and would continue to shoot at you. There was definitely blood.

The game had a fairly gritty feeling to it. The closest thing I can find is soldier of fortune... but it just doesn't seem like the right fit. The enemies/guards seemed less human in my memory. Almost like mindless zombie guards, haha

I don't know if this is the same game as above... it doesn't make sense but I recall it
being the case.

The only thing I remember about it is the title screen and that it was full 3D.

The main menu selection available as you would see in DOOM or Quake, with a stream of gameplay
rolling in the background. But I specifically remember this background being a camera panning through
a level. Not the POV of a player like in DOOM or Quake. And one of the enemies that can be seen
is an evil ass fucking clown with sawblades.

A 3D PS1 FPS game.

The disk art's color pallet was primarily blue/gray, and there was a spaceship
of sorts flying front facing in the foreground.

In the game, you hover around in your spaceship on streets, shooting at enemies.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 . . . 849 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here