Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 . . . 920 NEXT

Theres this game i used to play around 2001-2005 somewhere around then. It was a simple platform computer game on an old computer where you play as this girl who i think wears a bandana and has a head quite bug for her body its 2D i think and vasically you just control whether she jumps or not and the background is like a tropical island kinda thing and thats all i remember i played it while i lived in Germany tho so idk if it was available in ither countries

ManLee:

Cuttlas:
There is a PS1 game which I'm looking for, which I remember are these:

- It was Third Person Shooter and It was a kind of stealth game.
- There were some blue cards which you open the doors with them and you get blue cards with killing guards.
- The levels as I remember was in a dark factory and I remember some Flow of molten material inside the factory.
- The guards and enemies were humans.
- Besides guns you can use Hammer and cold weapons.
- The game's theme is very similar to Syphon Filter, C-12 and Metal Gear but it is none of them.

Please help me find this PS1 Game.

I'm pretty sure it's Fighting Force 2. :D

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS, that's it, Thank you MAN. I played Fighting Force 1 and I was aware of Fighting Force 2 but Fighting Force 2 is very different with one and I was not thinking about it. Thank you again, GREAT!

This one might be impossible, but here goes. :) PC-game ca. 1997, horror, first person, point and click with video cutscenes.

The version I played had Norwegian voices. The bad guy is called Bob.

During the demo, as you click around, you get video cutscenes which I think are flashbacks. One of them involves Bob and an old lady. Bob is telling you to answer some question. The old lady says hitting you won't help, but Bob asks her if it won't help to beat you up a bit.

At the end of the demo you've collected information about something, and have to confront a bad guy. You can either kill him, blackmail him, come clean with him or run away. Different cutscene depending on what you do.

If you blackmail Bob, you confront him as he's hitting something/someone while shirtless. You begin by saying something like: "Hi Bob. I see you're not all muscles."

The demo begins and ends with a trailer for the full game. The trailer includes a woman's severed head, sinking in water, saying something like: "You only dared to kiss my lips after it was over."

Hi guys.There was a game i used to play like 6-7 years ago,i think it was on y8 or something like this.Basically it was kinda like sword and sandals but you would ride a dinosaur and fight with another dinosaur,and you could upgrade your dinosaur and your weapons and you played agains a robot,it was not multiplayer,please help me

Hello, I'm looking for a game I used to play as a child, it was a game on the PC, windows XP and I'm guessing I played it about 15 years ago.
I can't remember much about it, but I do remember the game's icon was a yellow X surrounded by a blue circle, like the old DirectX icon. It was a platformer like game. I think the objective was to find a way to the next level by freeing up the path which was blocked by balls and other objects.
I know it's not much to go on, but I would appreciate if anyone knows which game I'm talking about.

Dear All,
I have a tough one from my past that is bugging me for years.... Here it goes:
Game is 2D sidescroller/platformer that was played in circa --1994 on a DOS PC. Main character is a boy that is followed around by a little dog. Some levels had a powerup vendor and there were even some bonus levels where you played as a little dog on a timeout small level.
I remember colorful beautiful graphics (first level is a green forest themed...., some later level snow themed ....) and a beautiful atmosphere around the game. I dont know but the name Rufus or Rufos is stuck in my mind in connection to this game but is obviously not correct as searches yield no results. So this last info could be misleading.

Come on game-detectives Good luck! I hold my fists!

Hello,
I`m looking for a game which i played around 2003. It was a civilization game, with prehistoric people who lived in huts. The game is 3D and the map is a globe. So you could view around the globe. The player had to defeat the other civilization on the other half of the globe. There were gods, who can make fire rains and things like that. You could build houses, sanctuary etc. If anyone knows the game, please reply to this.Thanks, and I hope i descriped it correctly.

PeterT:
Hello,
I`m looking for a game which i played around 2003. It was a civilization game, with prehistoric people who lived in huts. The game is 3D and the map is a globe. So you could view around the globe. The player had to defeat the other civilization on the other half of the globe. There were gods, who can make fire rains and things like that. You could build houses, sanctuary etc. If anyone knows the game, please reply to this.Thanks, and I hope i descriped it correctly.

Possibly Populous: The Beginning. =)

Hi guys.There was a game i used to play like 6-7 years ago,i think it was on y8 or something like this.Basically it was kinda like sword and sandals but you would ride a dinosaur and fight with another dinosaur,and you could upgrade your dinosaur and your weapons and you played agains a robot,it was not multiplayer,please help me

Additional info:
-it is not Heart of Darkness (a good game on its own!)
-one of the powerups was a bubble you could fly in ... :)

Game is 2D sidescroller/platformer that was played in circa --1994 on a DOS PC. Main character is a boy that is followed around by a little dog. Some levels had a powerup vendor and there were even some bonus levels where you played as a little dog on a timeout small level.
I remember colorful beautiful graphics (first level is a green forest themed...., some later level snow themed ....) and a beautiful atmosphere around the game. I dont know but the name Rufus or Rufos is stuck in my mind in connection to this game but is obviously not correct as searches yield no results. So this last info could be misleading.

Thanks!

a game where you have a UFO shaped HQ nad you have tanks and canons and you can possess them to controle them or just let them fire on their own and your goal is to destroy a enemy boss in the map i remember the first one was a tank the second was like a flying machine with a star as a icon on the map it . nad you have to collect generators cuz if you run out of energy your HQ is destroyed . it is a PC game i played in 200/2001 i think please help me find it

I have been searching and searching for a very long time for an answer. I hope someone can help me.
There was a game I use to play. I am unsure what year. It was between 1999 to 2004 I would say. All I can remember is this; it is a PC game. I am pretty sure it is a building style game? Where you can go in after and explore what you have built. It was 3D. I feel like I remember it being more medieval times but I cant be 100% certain.
I was very young at the time so it also could have been aged at a younger audience.

Okay guys, new here as I assume a lot are. I'm so thankful a thread like this exists. I've been going slightly mad trying to remember the name of a game I used to play when I was a kid in the early 2000's. Maybe around 01-03. The game constantly comes to mind when I remember my youth because I can remember having so much fun playing the game but I'm going crazy because I only vaguely remember the game itself. Okay so it was on PC, protagonist (or antagonist, however you'd view it) was a mage or something, African-American possibly with blondish hair, his aesthetic was very matrix/Blade kinda. Goal was to eliminate threats while learning new abilities that we based in alchemy so earth, fire, water, etc. But also telekinetic and psychic based abilities as well. I could be so off base here but that's the best I can remember.

Firas Mtimet:
a game where you have a UFO shaped HQ nad you have tanks and canons and you can possess them to controle them or just let them fire on their own and your goal is to destroy a enemy boss in the map i remember the first one was a tank the second was like a flying machine with a star as a icon on the map it . nad you have to collect generators cuz if you run out of energy your HQ is destroyed . it is a PC game i played in 200/2001 i think please help me find it

Urban Assault.

There's an Xbox game on the brain: it was this third-person shooter with a couple of burly protagonists in sci-fi suits (?), and I believe it started with a shooting in a mall. I remember that one of the weapons was an electrical grenade. Also, there was a cutscene full of explosions where they're screaming "Oh shiiii~iiit!" or something of the sort. The ending had a "where are they now?" montage.

Hello
I was wondering if anyone could help me find one of my favorite childhood games. I played it about 8ish years ago but the game looked pretty old. Some things I can remember about it:
-Probably at least 10 years old
-Third person shooter, top perspective looking down, but not straight down - you can see walls and paintings on the walls. Not 90 degrees from the floor, but like about 70.
-You play as a man, shooting monsters/aliens. *Not zombies*
-Picking up guns, having to find where to turn on the light in the office or wherever you were situated.
-The setting *usually* I believe is an office
-Played on Windows XP
-Character looks at where your cursor is, moves in any direction.
-Upon some intense searching on google I found the game called ShadowGrounds and from the images I've seen, it looks pretty similar except it has better graphics. If that helps XD
I know this isn't much but there's only so much I can remember. I'll add more if I can think of anything. Thanks guys :)

***NEVERMIND I LIKE HOW I FOUND IT 5 MIN AFTER POSTING THIS BUT NOT 2 HOURS BEFORE*** XD Literally called "Alien Shooter"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il8yb92FxSU

Kent Rebel:
Alright, the game I wanna find existed around the time where we were still using windows 98 and CRTs and floppy disks, the game was just basically shooting an apple off an uncle's head using various weapons provided, and the uncle also yells or something when you missed and shot him instead. Any ideas?

You might be remembering a flash game on Newgrounds. You gradually got bigger guns? Can't remember the author though.

There is this game I wanted to play again but I forgot its name so the description is this:you will choose among the three heroes a knight,a girl riding a wolf and with a bow, and a mage so after choosing you're in a camp you need to get units to upgrade your units you must level up and after doing those you will move but you have stamina the stamina makes you move after you have no stamina you must wait and Regen it so when you were moving you encounter enemies and different camps to get different units so I think the games is 3 years ago or 2 or 4

Kent Rebel:
Alright, the game I wanna find existed around the time where we were still using windows 98 and CRTs and floppy disks, the game was just basically shooting an apple off an uncle's head using various weapons provided, and the uncle also yells or something when you missed and shot him instead. Any ideas?

Possibly Wolf Games' Apple Shooter? (Apple Shooter is at the bottom of the page)

Yuli Ban:
There's an Xbox game on the brain: it was this third-person shooter with a couple of burly protagonists in sci-fi suits (?), and I believe it started with a shooting in a mall. I remember that one of the weapons was an electrical grenade. Also, there was a cutscene full of explosions where they're screaming "Oh shiiii~iiit!" or something of the sort. The ending had a "where are they now?" montage.

A sci-fi shooter with that kind of ending? Probably Red Faction II.

starmox:
Additional info:
-it is not Heart of Darkness (a good game on its own!)
-one of the powerups was a bubble you could fly in ... :)

Thanks!

Could it have been Doofus?

Hi there was a game which I used to play during the mid-late 2000's which was on the PC on one of those free pc games sites. E.g. FunnyGames.com this game was a stick fighting game where I believe you're dad was the king samurai fighter or something similar and he dies (or something happens to him) and then you enter a tournament to become the next best fighter. You can use either a sword or bow & arrow and I think that you can have armour. You play either 1v1 or skirmish like matches but it was SO much fun and if anyone can remember it's name or even relate about it then much would be obliged. Cheers.

I'm looking for a old rpg (at least 18 years) that you control a group of adventurers, mostly wizards.
It's not a open world, but a level by leve kind of game.
The view is similar to old RTS, no 3D.
You can buy stuff in a town beetween each level, and hire "mercenaries" and siege weapons.
You get a lot slower if overborded.

hello. first, sorry for my bad grammar,my official language is not english so please try to understand this.

Im looking for an old game for pc. cant remember the releasement date but maybe is late 90's early 2000's.
is a space shooter game,like demonstar or laser age but in 3d, not a 2d game like that 2 games.
i remember this things about the game:

-if you execute the game, you can see how your monitor screen breaks (shatter) and then the game start (is like the game take a screenshot and then break the imagen/picture and then start)

-the point of view is in 3rd person (if I'm not wrong).

-very very colorful, the spaceship/spacecraft color is grey and if you shoot you can see green beams and/or red beams/lasers.

-im not sure about this but part of the name have the word "Mars" (like the planet) and if i remember well the name is something like "reach to mars" or "trip to mars".

-and maybe the game is an endless game. infinite levels but im not sure.

-you can go up,down,left and right and the spaceship move alone to forward (im not sure about this).

I remember playing a game on either windows 95 98 or xp or Vista I'm not sure it was a fps game where you could see your gun it took place in a space ship I think and you had to fight aliens and find your way to the exit and once you got to it you would load into a different level and go again and it got harder and harder

I played a game about 10 years ago on XP. Top down, simple graphics, spaceship shooter. You had limited movement, and after you destroyed each enemy, the next would adapt to your play style. For instance, if you show the wings off of the enemy spacecraft in the previous level, the new craft would have more armor on the wings. I think all the enemy ships were named Spider or something like that.

@RelativityMan

Spot on!!! Thanks man! You scratched an old itch!

1st game is not that old rpg (graphics around 2006) with 3 main protagonists(warrior(male), rogue(woman) and mage(male))
- rogue could do a stealth takedown in some moments
- some of memorable levels are:

- Defending the fortress against ice trolls or something like that, you had to put your sword into fireplaces around the fortress to heat it so trolls wouldn't respawn. Also warrior guy didn't like those trolls much at all(backstory).
- temple with snake people(snake body but behave like humans) with lots of bridges
- jungle with nasty spiders, cutscene at the beginning showed two heroes captured in the web and you had to free them

2nd game is an older rpg with 2 genres: puzzle solving and turn-based combat. Setting is space ship inhabited by sentient AI's. In puzzle sections you had to solve simple isometric puzzles and turn-based sections you had to go through in virtual space.

ifogel:
1st game is not that old rpg (graphics around 2006) with 3 main protagonists(warrior(male), rogue(woman) and mage(male))

- Defending the fortress against ice trolls or something like that, you had to put your sword into fireplaces around the fortress to heat it so trolls wouldn't respawn. Also warrior guy didn't like those trolls much at all(backstory).
- temple with snake people(snake body but behave like humans) with lots of bridges
- jungle with nasty spiders, cutscene at the beginning showed two heroes captured in the web and you had to free them

That's Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone. Lots of people have been asking about that lately... >.>

vinthist:
Hello, I'm looking for a game I used to play as a child, it was a game on the PC, windows XP and I'm guessing I played it about 15 years ago.
I can't remember much about it, but I do remember the game's icon was a yellow X surrounded by a blue circle, like the old DirectX icon. It was a platformer like game. I think the objective was to find a way to the next level by freeing up the path which was blocked by balls and other objects.
I know it's not much to go on, but I would appreciate if anyone knows which game I'm talking about.

I am shooting in the dark here but I'm guessing it might have been something called Rox by Safrosoft.

Yuli Ban:

That just might be Bulletstorm. I might be wrong though.

SBGEE0220:
Okay guys, new here as I assume a lot are. I'm so thankful a thread like this exists. I've been going slightly mad trying to remember the name of a game I used to play when I was a kid in the early 2000's. Maybe around 01-03. The game constantly comes to mind when I remember my youth because I can remember having so much fun playing the game but I'm going crazy because I only vaguely remember the game itself. Okay so it was on PC, protagonist (or antagonist, however you'd view it) was a mage or something, African-American possibly with blondish hair, his aesthetic was very matrix/Blade kinda. Goal was to eliminate threats while learning new abilities that we based in alchemy so earth, fire, water, etc. But also telekinetic and psychic based abilities as well. I could be so off base here but that's the best I can remember.

I'm sure that's not it but it sounds like a game called Infernal.
There's also another game kinda fitting that description. The name is PSI-OPS: THE MINDGATE CONSPIRACY

Midwoka:

ifogel:

That's Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone. Lots of people have been asking about that lately... >.>

sorry, didnt take my time because i thought i would never find it among 830 pages of forums
thanks

JeanDipping:
There's a game I remember from around 10 years ago with supposedly microscopic creatures that you could battle with and evolve through gaining certain parts, mostly through paying, but still a really fun game as a kid. This was all online on a computer. I can't remember if you could download the game and install it or not but I'm pretty sure you could. I know the name has something to do with really small units of measurement such as micro or nano but I can't put my finger on the whole name no matter how hard I try. Any help my dudes? I would greatly appreciate it :D

This sounds like Spore but it was not an online game. At first you are a simple bacteria-like creature and eventually evolve into something more complex and by the endgame you conquer galaxies.

creatura_90:

SBGEE0220:

I'm sure that's not it but it sounds like a game called Infernal.
There's also another game kinda fitting that description. The name is PSI-OPS: THE MINDGATE CONSPIRACY

Not either of the two. I remember Psi-Ops, the game I'm referring to was more akin to RTS than an actual shooter, though the game did have some shooter elements. And the setting was much more sci-fi/fantasy even steampunk-ish on certain levels.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 . . . 920 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here