Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 . . . 918 NEXT

Tom Svensson:
Hi. Have a game i cant remember the name of. That would bring some childhood memories back to life.
We used to play it hotseat at a friend sometimes.

It was on a CD. played in windows 98 or xp i think

It was a boardlike game. U raced in Europe and tried to come first to different cities. U had specialcards or something that could sabotage for other players, or boost ur move. Have some memories of always computer controlled player , "an evil man" in a balloon and a tophat that cheated and stuffs. Cant really descibe it better.

This is "Dr. Drago's Madcap Chase"(1995).

Pixelhunter:

FatalWalkerFilms:
Hey for the last 5 years i have been trying to remember the name of this game i played when i was a kid.

From what i remember, it was isometric, and you controlled a ship, you could attack other ships, upgrade them (aka give them more guns and so on)...i know this sounds like 100s of other games, to help narrow it down, i think i played it back in 95'? or somewhere around there, it was before the xbox and ps3 for sure...

idk if anyone has asked about this game in here, but i don't really have the time to scroll through 836 pages of comments lol...

"EDIT"
I only ever remember you being able to control the ship, not like Sid Meier's Pirates, where there is an actual character, and the graphics were a bit better...after defeating a shit you could take it...i just remembered that i played it around the time the first Pirates of the Caribbean came out because there was a sweet looking black ship and i named it the black pearl lmao....so not in 95

Could be "Sea Dogs" (2000). It spawned a couple of successors, with "Sea Dogs 2" being turned into a kinda sorta official game to the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie prior to the game's release.

I checked out some videos, on both Sea dogs 1 and 2, and no...I know for a fact I have never played either of thos games, i think this one was older i think...and it was always a birds eye view... i think you could zoom in, but aside from that, and again from what i remember, you are ONLY the ship, there is no walking round as a guy.

Thank you however, i now have a couple other games to check out and play lol...Sea Dogs actually looks fun.

Hi. I been playing a racing game when I was little. I'm a teenage now, 13 yrs old. I forgot the name of it. I Don't know the characters but I know levels. The levels featured Snow, Dessert, and Space
That's all I know the levels. Oh veichles and the characters are very bizzare.

I remember playing a game in which you created a clay like creature and the you went around the map and gathered weapons like:straws;gloves to kill others and fill up a bar until you can build another clay creature.

FatalWalkerFilms:

Pixelhunter:

FatalWalkerFilms:
Hey for the last 5 years i have been trying to remember the name of this game i played when i was a kid.

From what i remember, it was isometric, and you controlled a ship, you could attack other ships, upgrade them (aka give them more guns and so on)...i know this sounds like 100s of other games, to help narrow it down, i think i played it back in 95'? or somewhere around there, it was before the xbox and ps3 for sure...

idk if anyone has asked about this game in here, but i don't really have the time to scroll through 836 pages of comments lol...

"EDIT"
I only ever remember you being able to control the ship, not like Sid Meier's Pirates, where there is an actual character, and the graphics were a bit better...after defeating a shit you could take it...i just remembered that i played it around the time the first Pirates of the Caribbean came out because there was a sweet looking black ship and i named it the black pearl lmao....so not in 95

Could be "Sea Dogs" (2000). It spawned a couple of successors, with "Sea Dogs 2" being turned into a kinda sorta official game to the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie prior to the game's release.

I checked out some videos, on both Sea dogs 1 and 2, and no...I know for a fact I have never played either of thos games, i think this one was older i think...and it was always a birds eye view... i think you could zoom in, but aside from that, and again from what i remember, you are ONLY the ship, there is no walking round as a guy.

Thank you however, i now have a couple other games to check out and play lol...Sea Dogs actually looks fun.

Heh, my bad, read over the "not a character" part. Akella, the Sea Dog people, also made "Age of Sail 2" (2001).
So if you're looking for an older game, maybe it's its predecessor "Age of Sail" (1996).

Yeah, "Sea Dogs" is fun, but the default controls are horrible, so be prepared to customize them. The handling when being on foot is clunky too. But all in all the game is a little gem, albeit a rough and unpolished one.

Pixelhunter:

FatalWalkerFilms:

Pixelhunter:

Heh, my bad, read over the "not a character" part. Akella, the Sea Dog people, also made "Age of Sail 2" (2001).
So if you're looking for an older game, maybe it's its predecessor "Age of Sail" (1996).

Yeah, "Sea Dogs" is fun, but the default controls are horrible, so be prepared to customize them. The handling when being on foot is clunky too. But all in all the game is a little gem, albeit a rough and unpolished one.

probably not as bad as some i played lmao, and again no, that is not it, this one was purely top down view with a bit of zooming in...i tried googling all pirate or ship games and i still couldnt find it....lol see the problem i have been having? :P I have been racking my brain trying to remember more about it...but nothing new is really coming up.

I'm looking for a game that used to be on all the windows computers at my primary school. I used to play it between 2007 and 2011. It has really low graphics and it is a boat racing are in the ocean, you boat is a red rectangle and you can only see the head of your character. You go over ramps and have to collect crystals.

hi there

first Sorry for my bad English . i remember playing a ps1 game put i dont know what is the name put the thing that i remember is that there is a male character fighting a creature or an alien ( i cant remember exactly ) in a sunset area and there is a beach with a flooding colored crystals. and also the male character is searching for a girl . when i proceed in the area there is a cutscenes when he found a girl sounded by fire and he try to rescue her . that is what i remembered .

hope to find this game
thanks

FatalWalkerFilms:

Crazylazyleader:
I remember this game from like 3-4years ago it was a cartoony/animated RPG/MMORPG it had many classes like a ranger and a guy who could shoot guns their was different rarities of weapons and armour. The most distinct thing I can remember that their was caves with ponds in each level/floor where you could fish for different colour fish and rarity of fish varied I remember a orange one. I know this is a vague description but please help me find this game

Like Ognoid posted above me I think he might be right, let me ask some questions that might help jog your memory, and help us with figuring out what might be the game you are looking for.

Did you have pets? (like a wolf, cat or ferret)
The fish you caught, could you eat them and they would either change or buff your pets?
Were there 3 classes (the ranger you mentioned, a mage type and warrior type?)

OMG GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH

FatalWalkerFilms:

Crazylazyleader:
I remember this game from like 3-4years ago it was a cartoony/animated RPG/MMORPG it had many classes like a ranger and a guy who could shoot guns their was different rarities of weapons and armour. The most distinct thing I can remember that their was caves with ponds in each level/floor where you could fish for different colour fish and rarity of fish varied I remember a orange one. I know this is a vague description but please help me find this game

Like Ognoid posted above me I think he might be right, let me ask some questions that might help jog your memory, and help us with figuring out what might be the game you are looking for.

Did you have pets? (like a wolf, cat or ferret)
The fish you caught, could you eat them and they would either change or buff your pets?
Were there 3 classes (the ranger you mentioned, a mage type and warrior type?)

Ogoid:

Crazylazyleader:

Bit of a long shot here (no pun intended), but maybe Torchlight II?

OMG THANK U BOTH FOR COMING TOGETHER I LOVED THIS GAME AND YES IT IS TORCHLIGHT GREAT GUESS MAN :D

I remember playing this game i think it was a steam game like 3-5 years ago. It was a fps similar to destiny it was multiplayer with lots of different mechs that u could go around in it was a big map 64vs64 i think their was tanks but im not to sure. one distinct feature that i can remember is when u spawn u glide down really fast like in battle royale games. i know this aint the best description but please help me find this game.

Why won't anyone REPLY BACK TO ME! >:-(

OK. This is a very tough one. It is a flash game. Around 2005.

Protagonist: A boy that can shoot with a canon through his arm and hit with his fists. One of the moves he had was to upercut while his fist morphed into a spiked mace.

Antagonists: Robotic wolves. They would come in different colors: red for fire, white for ice, green ones had a mane like lions, blue ones were electric and that's as fire as I remember.

Setting: As I recall, during the loading screen, you'd get what I think was the logo/picture of the studio or the final boss of the game. It was an evil fish inside a tank on top of a robot armor. You'd start the game fighting those robots in cycles. After fighting all the wolves, the color cycle would start over but with more robots.

WHAT GaME IS THIS? I'M GOING NUTS OVER IT!!

hi im looking for a old game (idk if its on xbox or ps2 or nintendo 64) but its a game like Fantasy Wars but you start and you have to find stuff so ur king dose not die, you can recruit troops like dragons, skeletons and peasants you go around in a boat and find people to help you fight but you get money every day/week to get more troops but if you take to long ur king dies

thats all i remember thanks
-liam24424

hi im looking for a old game (idk if its on xbox or ps2 or nintendo 64) but its a game like Fantasy Wars but you start and you have to find stuff so ur king dose not die, you can recruit troops like dragons, skeletons and peasants you go around in a boat and find people to help you fight but you get money every day/week to get more troops but if you take to long ur king dies

-liam24424

-liam24424

-liam24424

Khalifa Al Mutaweh:
hi there

first Sorry for my bad English . i remember playing a ps1 game put i dont know what is the name put the thing that i remember is that there is a male character fighting a creature or an alien ( i cant remember exactly ) in a sunset area and there is a beach with a flooding colored crystals. and also the male character is searching for a girl . when i proceed in the area there is a cutscenes when he found a girl sounded by fire and he try to rescue her . that is what i remembered .

hope to find this game
thanks

Pretty sure that's Chrono Cross, my dude

Kinji Takigawa:

...Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I haven't because I can't really help, and replying just to say that every time would clutter up the thread.

Do you remember any more details, such as which system you played it on?

reposting this due to the lack of replies

Hello guys, I'm trying to find an old game, not sure how old it really is but here's the details:

It's an adventure game based on animals, like you have a selection of animals that you can choose and go around the backyard to do stuff. It was a multiplayer game. There was this area in a park or something where you could change your characters (pick between a selection of animals) and proceed to do the missions. It was really fun, I remember only one thing and that was doing some mission on top of a playground for kids in the backyard or something. Any suggestions? Not too old. Played it on PC back in 2008/2009/2010. Thanks

There was this flash game, I remember playing it when I was young, I don't remember MUCH of it, but I remember a blue (and possibly also a red) stickman-like figure, but a bit meatier. There were elevators, traps and a computer guiding you through it all. Does anyone know a game like this?

Kinji Takigawa:
Hi. I been playing a racing game when I was little. I'm a teenage now, 13 yrs old. I forgot the name of it. I Don't know the characters but I know levels. The levels featured Snow, Dessert, and Space
That's all I know the levels. Oh veichles and the characters are very bizzare.

Kinji Takigawa:

Sorry many i didn't see ur post...don't worry I have been trying to find a game myself for like 15 years now... it sucks...as for your game...

you said a racing game with desert, snow and space maps from...you said you were 13, so lets say, idk 7 - 9 years ago...now there are TONS of racing games with maps like that.
Let me ask some questions and see if we can't get some more details.

What platform? this could make a huge difference

Vehicles: what kind? (you said space map) that kinda narrows it down a bit...not much however, were the Vehicles Space ship like? kinda like the Pod racers in Star Wars? or weird and random ones kinda like Mario kart?
did they have any form of abilities? maybe some pickups you could get

now the maps, you mentioned Biomes, but did the race way its self look futuristic or generic roads (unless in space...or maybe not?)

Answer these and I will try my best to help you find your game...No promises tho lol.

RenieRuby:
Hello, I made this account just for this purpose. I've spent 3 days searching on my own and like 3 hours looking thru this thread just in case it's already here but I haven't so here goes:

It's either from the ps1/psx or n64
2D-Ish game with this boy who has a blue or red baseball cap, a white shirt, blue pants (not earthbound i at least know its not that)
looking for either his sister or best friend or grandpa (maybe all three)
has either a stick of baseball bat or no weapon at all
background of game is semi realistic, its not a true rpg but kinda
I couldnt tell anyones name because is wasn't in english and i only got by the first level because i got stuck at this gate in front of a cave
The boy also rides clouds, or theres a platforming level with clouds?
I remember playing it before 2001

Its also not any chrono game, and the sprites are fairly small

ADDITION: I almost forgot that the background was semi-realistic compared to the boy who was just 16 or 32 bit?

I remember this old computer game I used to play often. Its an old computer game, with not much color about a dude who stacks cubes/stones and tries to jump to a platform with a door on it that leads to another level. Theres no fighting, so theres no weapons, and no enemies as far as I remember. Its a fairly simple game, and quite entertaining. I just want to know the name and where I might find it for PC. not sure if its been mentioned before. Thanks in advance if anyone knows about it. :)

Hey don't know if this has been guessed yet but I vaguely remember this game I used to play on GameTap in the mid to lat 2000's
-It was for sure a 2D platformer
-I think the main character was a boy
-There were bosses in it
-Had 8bit-ish graphics but they looked good(at least that's how I remember)
-I vaguely remember the final boss being two flying vampire things
-I can't remember how you killed enemies but it might be by shooting
-I feel like the graphics were similar to Kirby in the way the bosses and environment was done
-Had very good music(again that's how I remember it)
Sorry for my bad memory
Please and thank you this has been killing me for months

Mickmack88:

Khalifa Al Mutaweh:
hi there

hope to find this game
thanks

Pretty sure that's Chrono Cross, my dude

no , not the game that i looking for

I remember playing a game that's similar to Worms, in that you blew up the landscape. I think you needed to kill things by doing so. Maybe collect things? It was probably in the early 2000s and I know it was on PC. Almost positive it was a flash game, but I could be wrong.

Background: I'm trying to help a friend find a game he's not even sure it's real hahaha he said it was around the early 90s and that he never beat it. Also, it had a mysterious vibe.

System: DOS

Year: Around the early 90s

Perspective: Completely 2D, without the sense of perspective.

Art style: Very pixelated, with solid colors.

Environment: It looks like the focus of the game was mainly the environment, like if the character was just a detail and didn't occupy much space on-screen. There was someone (an NPC?) that transformed into a bird (maybe a crow). Also, the game had dialogs in text boxes. The only thing about the scenery that he remembers is some place with a church, or church-like windows, like those big glass panes.

Mood: It had a dark mood.

Genre: It looks like some fantasy adventure, possibly medieval.

Gameplay: The interaction was either by clicking or by moving the character with the arrow keys. When switching scenarios (or levels?) there seemed to be some sort of animation or transition.

Lucas Magno Zimmer:
Background: I'm trying to help a friend find a game he's not even sure it's real hahaha he said it was around the early 90s and that he never beat it. Also, it had a mysterious vibe.

System: DOS

Year: Around the early 90s

Perspective: Completely 2D, without the sense of perspective.

Art style: Very pixelated, with solid colors.

Environment: It looks like the focus of the game was mainly the environment, like if the character was just a detail and didn't occupy much space on-screen. There was someone (an NPC?) that transformed into a bird (maybe a crow). Also, the game had dialogs in text boxes. The only thing about the scenery that he remembers is some place with a church, or church-like windows, like those big glass panes.

Mood: It had a dark mood.

Genre: It looks like some fantasy adventure, possibly medieval.

Gameplay: The interaction was either by clicking or by moving the character with the arrow keys. When switching scenarios (or levels?) there seemed to be some sort of animation or transition.

Maybe it was "LOOM" (1990).

Midwinter ii - flames of freedom

Midwinter ii - flames of freedom

Midwinter II - Flames of Freedom

I've tried 4 times to quote this now...
cuzzbollah post=9.166417.15310342 Page 76
It was called Midwinter II - Flames of Freedon

hi
im trying to find the name of a game . i think it was a horror game . i dont remember much of it . it was for a long time ago . and you fought with gun and sword . you can change into a demon and i think you fight with that demon in end (it's not dmc) . and you can save game and heal by pushing your sword into a bright hole . and i think you wear a black clothes and fight with monsters and i think there was shop rooms in bright caves i guess . i'll be grateful if you guys help me <3

Hi. i'll be glad if you let me know the name of this game. i used to play this game when i ws a child and im dying to know its name. its similiar to fireball game: https://1079638729.rsc.cdn77.org/sisgame_img/fireball/real/3_fireball.jpg but instead of colorful squares there were models like there were two goats on a bridge-thats the only thing i remember- and with balls you knock down those models one by one. it was one of those games which you could play only for an hour then you could only play for like 3 minutes everytime you enter the game. i think there was 3 versions of this game. please help me:(

Pages PREV 1 . . . 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 . . . 918 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here