Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 . . . 882 NEXT

Joey Morelli:
Ok, so my game is probably gonna be kind of hard because I don't remember a lot of details. Essentially it was an old online flash game (Circa 2006 probably) that may have been sponsored by some kind of big company like Nickelodeon or something. The premise was that you made a monster (there were lots of parts to get, don't remember how, but there were like squid arms and werewolf heads and the like) and potentially also trained it to raise its stats so that it could go and fight other players' monsters in an arena type thing (2D). I don't think you could directly control the monsters, they just were AI based on their parts (like the CATS app if you've played it). You base or home or whatever was like a sewer or something, I remember like bars on the door to the room your monster lived in and I think it also had some sort of toilet themed thing because you were a small child and poop was funny for some reason. I don't remember much else but it is very similar to a lot of apps these days where you build a fighter for an arena and can pay to get chests with better items. Thanks in advance to anyone who has any guesses!

Bumping this in case someone new sees it and has any ideas. New things I can remember are that you had to log into it, so it may have been its own website (or partnered through another website) and that you could only fight/train your monster so many times per day, but you could buy more uses in the classic facebook/mobile game format of today

Reposting this:

Mid '90s DOS game, got a shareware version on a PCGamer CD back when a single CD had like 20 demos on it. I'm going to guess the demo was '96 or possibly '97.

Gulf war themed (it is NOT Desert Strike, that's what I thought at first too). Top down view (I think), not isometric. You can play as a helicopter or a tank and can spend money to buy weapons or upgrade your vehicle. Action shoot 'em up. You need to land your helicopter and pick up POWs and bring them back to safety.

Please to be naming the game I'm thinking of, por favor. Been driving me crazy.

Don't remember much about this. It is the first memory of a video game that I have so it is very vague. Honestly could have been a dream, I'm not sure.

All I really remember is playing as children (possibly in robes) and I got spooky dark vibe from it which makes me think it is set in kind of haunted or scary grounds. I vaguely remember a castle as well but that is honestly it.

Hope somebody comes through!!!

donaquill:
Hi guys, I'm looking for a ps2 game where you're an alien on a planet and take other aliens powers by absorbing them or something. I can't quite remember but I've been looking for it forever, thanks!

That's probably Myth Makers: Orbs of Doom from Data Design Interactive Ltd. The same company that made Ninjabread Man.

donaquill:

Hi guys, I'm looking for a ps2 game where you're an alien on a planet and take other aliens powers by absorbing them or something. I can't quite remember but I've been looking for it forever, thanks!

Warbreeds or Evolva, or maybe Genewars?
Hard to say with no time-span in mind since ps2 have games ranging from 2000 to 2013.. or if it's 2D,3D, first person or third person. Do you remember the genre; RTS, FPS?

Shad0wDrag00n:

Hello guys, i'm looking for 3 old pc games i cant remember exactly.

1. The firat was a 2d top down adventure where u are a "human?" and had to find keys in different colors to open locks. There were also robots who made it harder for u. I can rememeber 3 types. The first one were moving kinda random and stupidly . The second one were moving straight forward. And the third one were following you. You also could plant bombs if i rememeber right to make it more easy. You also could create your own maps. (if i rememeber right it was on linux or windows 95, or even older.

2.i can barely remember. It was a 3d kinda simulation? Where you could indirectly controll a spider like robot through levels. The spider could move on walls,ceiling, floor etc. Asfar the wall,... Was a path the spiddr allowed to walk. And if i rememeber right, there were also some traps who could kill the spider.

1. Cyberdogs/C-dogs perhaps?

2. I think I remember something similar from a PCGamer magazine demo. I think it had some kind of exotic and outlandish name. I seem to remember that the demo took place in a rounded (green?) room and that I gave up on it, since it was sooo hard to control the spider. Does that help ring any bells? Sorry I couldn't remember the name either (It's going to bug me too now!).

WashclothRepairman:

Reposting this:

Mid '90s DOS game, got a shareware version on a PCGamer CD back when a single CD had like 20 demos on it. I'm going to guess the demo was '96 or possibly '97.

Gulf war themed (it is NOT Desert Strike, that's what I thought at first too). Top down view (I think), not isometric. You can play as a helicopter or a tank and can spend money to buy weapons or upgrade your vehicle. Action shoot 'em up. You need to land your helicopter and pick up POWs and bring them back to safety.

Please to be naming the game I'm thinking of, por favor. Been driving me crazy.

Return Fire?

Shad0wDrag00n:
Hello guys, i'm looking for 3 old pc games i cant remember exactly.

1. The firat was a 2d top down adventure where u are a "human?" and had to find keys in different colors to open locks. There were also robots who made it harder for u. I can rememeber 3 types. The first one were moving kinda random and stupidly . The second one were moving straight forward. And the third one were following you. You also could plant bombs if i rememeber right to make it more easy. You also could create your own maps. (if i rememeber right it was on linux or windows 95, or even older.

2.i can barely remember. It was a 3d kinda simulation? Where you could indirectly controll a spider like robot through levels. The spider could move on walls,ceiling, floor etc. Asfar the wall,... Was a path the spiddr allowed to walk. And if i rememeber right, there were also some traps who could kill the spider.

3. The third one is prob. The oldes game i almost rememeber nothing about it. I just know it was a 2d strategy (dos) game where you are in the sky? And could build bridges to travel from one island to another. This is all i remember.

I hope someone can help me with atleast 1 game, this would be really awesome. (sry for my bad English, it's not there's best i know. But hope you guys can read it.)
Looking forward

I don't know about the others, but number two is probably Galapagos.

kris556:
Hey guys, I have a weird few games to find out.

All of them were confirmed to be ORIGINAL XBOX games (maybe 360 or Playstation as well)
One was a teenage mutant ninja turtles game. I remember you could play as casey, the turtles, splinter(?) and maybe shredder? You fought these tiny robot dog/dino thingies. When you played as michaelangelo you could do a move where he would jump and kick saying "Eat feet!" over and over again. Please help!

The second game was about a guy who like, walked about a mansion and you fought monsters. It was animated, and the end boss was like, the baron himself. You would fight skeletons and imps and even a medusa I think. You sometimes even had weapons. It ISN'T Haunted Mansion though.

The last one is a PC game where you play as a girl who I think passed out on a boy's farm. He tells her she needs to remember stuff because she forgot how to do stuff, so you would like, collect gems and return them to him so he would teach the girl how to like, jump and such. She would go to sleep at night and fight a boss who looked like her.

Please help!!!!

The third game is probably the flash game Level Up!, which can be played on Newgrounds.

Hello everybody,

A few days ago I found my old Windows XP PC and was wondering if it still works.
I played a few old games but one of my old favorites wasn't there anymore.
So I thought maybe one of you does know the title of the game.

In the game there were many levels where you are in a cave and try to escape the lava which was uprising from the ground.
Sometimes you had to save a princess (It's not Mario haha) and find a key to a door to complete the level.
There was also the ability to get ?special effects" like becoming a bowman.
There was also a creator where you could make your own missions.
The game was pretty much 8 bit design.

Does anybody got an idea what game it could be ?

Thanks for your time and your help and have a Nice Christmas time.

Alright so there's this one PS2 game that I used to play that was third person. I remember it had "Star" in the beginning, but I dunno if it's Star Ocean or something else, I can't remember.

So it was third person, and at some point in the game you walked around a sort of a futuristic area with people roaming around and all with floating holograms that advertised stuff, it was kinda like a mall. I can't remember very well but I think you could visit some shops and buy some gear as well, I dunno. Anyways, you head out to do some adventuring or some quests, again I can't remember, and then at some point you meet a dark skinned girl with elf-like ears.

That's literally all I can remember. Oh, and you walked around a beach as well, but I don't know if I'm confusing this with some other game. It's wasn't a Final Fantasy, that much I can remember.

Those memories are very fuzzy so I apologize if I'm not any clearer.

RelativityMan:

I don't know about the others, but number two is probably Galapagos.

thank you alot, it was galapagos :)

Vendor-Lazarus:

1. Cyberdogs/C-dogs perhaps?

nope it was not :(, but thanks for trying :/

Hello everyone, well this is not accutally a game is a cartoon, I cant remember the name and i tried to find something on the web, but i get nothing, well the cartoon is about some guys using a square with a run on it.. pls help cx

Vendor-Lazarus:
[quote="donaquill" post="9.166417.24180368"]

Warbreeds or Evolva, or maybe Genewars?
Hard to say with no time-span in mind since ps2 have games ranging from 2000 to 2013.. or if it's 2D,3D, first person or third person. Do you remember the genre; RTS, FPS?

it was a third person adventure game. Sorta dark game, i remember taking one alien's rolling powers and rolling around the level i had just beaten, the year was probably 2006-2007. It wasn't a multiplayer game, just single player. I haven't thought of the game in many years. Thanks though.

The game with the frog on a lily pad is called "Explorapedia". that was my FAAAAAAAVORITE game as a kid.

Kalikedeshi:
Alright so there's this one PS2 game that I used to play that was third person. I remember it had "Star" in the beginning, but I dunno if it's Star Ocean or something else, I can't remember.

So it was third person, and at some point in the game you walked around a sort of a futuristic area with people roaming around and all with floating holograms that advertised stuff, it was kinda like a mall. I can't remember very well but I think you could visit some shops and buy some gear as well, I dunno. Anyways, you head out to do some adventuring or some quests, again I can't remember, and then at some point you meet a dark skinned girl with elf-like ears.

That's literally all I can remember. Oh, and you walked around a beach as well, but I don't know if I'm confusing this with some other game. It's wasn't a Final Fantasy, that much I can remember.

This could possibly be a Phantasy Star game. I'm not recalling any dark-skinned elf-like girls in the ones I've played, but it has been a while, admittedly.

KaiYLowell:

Kalikedeshi:

This could possibly be a Phantasy Star game. I'm not recalling any dark-skinned elf-like girls in the ones I've played, but it has been a while, admittedly.

I don't think it's Phantasy Star since it looks more medieval to me. The "mall" area I'm talking about is kinda like the Citadel from Mass Effect, or at least similar to that appearance.

I also recall you walked over a skybridge (or a walkway that was hung midair, I dunno the term for it) but I'm probably just pulling straws at that point. Thanks for the help, though.

Edit: Oh, and I can recall one more detail. The mall area is futuristic but when you head out it's kinda like a Final Fantasy level. Not in the way of forests and such but it looked more like you were roaming around in the 10th century rather than being in a cyberpunk setting. It sounds weird I know, but I really wanna find this game again so I'm just digging around in my head.

I vaguely recall the game having a futuristic setting, but I can't recall if it's to the extent of spaceships and aliens or just better technology. And it's not like it's a post-apocalyptic universe too, the levels that I remember visiting were fairly populated. It sucks that I can't recall how the game played, too.

If you could give me a list of games that sound similar to what I'm describing then I could possibly sort through them and find out which one's which.

Armel Ranskalainen:
Hello,

I'm searching for this browser game (maybe flash ?) where you have to go as far as you can.
There is like a dot (I think) or some hitbox and you have to spin (the controls are with your keyboard) in a circle around the screen. There are shapes (cirlcles or squares) but with a partial hole, so you have to spin in order to get into the holes. I remember it to be kind of hard, and with a stressful music. The game had kind of a futuristic design, with sharp colors (black fond and maybe red / orange circles, or changing colors ??)

Thank you in advance if someone know the name, can not find it on google.

Have a good day

Sounds like Super Hexagon.

Hey guys, I can't remember the name of this PC game, i believe it started with and A or S.... but here are the details I remember:

-I believe the game disc is Orange...

-1st person (Mainly)

-Aliens vs Humans

-Build a base and then walk into them and use turrets/order units or vehicles

-Human vehicles looked like speeders from Destiny/Starwars but had a cockpit

-Alien vehicles appeared to be Insect-like

-You could have different types of ammo/weapons (colored squares)

-There was a blimp that the Humans could drop troops into the base

-It is almost like Dark Reign 2 but you could go into 1st person mode and use buildings.

Help me figure this out guys! Thank you!😅

I specifically remember playing a game back when I was younger. The game was about a little male crocodile, which had a female crocodile as a girlfriend and she was kidnapped by a "bad guy". You had to go through levels, killing other bad guys to eventually end up on a boss fight with the bad guy.

During the game, there were some weird fans on the ground, which would help you turn into a swirl shape and I think move faster. It also had spikes that could kill you.

There was an option to create your own level too. The game had a green colour theme going on, and it finished with "to be continued".

I'm sure it was Windows 95, but I could be wrong

Okay I dont remember game at all, all I remember is that game was on PS1 and Chords of the one of the soundtracks. I remember soundtrack very well. I know chords of the beginning of the track. I played part of it on virtual piano and recorded. Here is link - https://vocaroo.com/i/s07S3gsbtbhG
Also I remember the track was starting with Guitar and the chords I provided and after it fades in with FLUTE. I remember flute and no its not Zelda. I will be very thankful if someone tells me the name of the game.

I can only remember a game where you were like a soldier in space and you fight aliens and have some kind of cybernetic augmentations which you can put on your character. Oh its also a top down shooter i think. PLEASE HELP ME FIND THIS GEM

I can only remember a game where you were like a soldier in space and you fight aliens and have some kind of cybernetic augmentations which you can put on your character. Oh its also a top down shooter i think. PLEASE HELP ME FIND THIS GEM

There was this game I played as a kid, probably early to mid 90s on Windows or DOS. It was a platformer and you played as an animal of some sorts, collecting stuff. What really stuck with me was that after every level you had a certain amount of time where you could fly back and fourth through the level, crushing its building blocks and getting bonus points for doing so. Any idea?

Edit: I was looking for Skunny: Back to the Forrest!

Hey guys, need help! I used to play this game in the late 90's, I think. I played it only on PC. The plot, from which I can remember is about being a babysitter for a scientist father. You're alone in the house with a baby when all of a sudden a portal opens up an alien being comes through it. The being takes the baby through the portal and it disappears. That's pretty much all I can remember. The game seemed similar to MYST in terms of style and control of the game.

Vincent Rubinetti:

Grayson Stade:
So, um..I have a few weird, old DOS games on my mind. I haven't seen a shred of information anywhere online about them, and I found this site so I figured I'd give it a shot.

1. There is a monkey/gorilla and he plays drums. I really just remember you click on instruments and stuff.
2. There is a weird petshop with a bunch of birdlike animals with different physical traits, and you have to pick one out based on what the customer wants or something like that.
3. There are different shapes and spheres that make noise when you click them or when they hit the walls or something and you just paste them on the screen and choose how they move and stuff.

All of these games were for kids, I remember. Just missing some of these memories. Please someone help me?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, I've been trying to figure out this game for YEARS. All those three things were actually from the same game. Sort of a Kid Pix type thing, or an "educational" game with several mini-games. The spheres/balls I remember vividly. The background could have different gradients between a color and black, and the darker the spot the ball was on, the further back the ball was and the smaller it got. Any idea what company made it? The Learning Company? Davidson? It had the monkey/gorilla/orangutan on the cover.

THANK YOU!!! That was just enough info for me to find it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzryUWg0Bjg

Hey guys, I'm looking for a 2000's computer game that takes place in a 3D dungeon. I think you could download it online. You use your arrow keys and play as a small troll or some sort of frog, and you go through the castle and fight monsters (or maybe other trolls?) by solving math problems.

EDIT: NVM, I found it! It's Timez Attack. You're an alien and you fight monsters with multiplication problems on their stomach and collect snails.

Hello, I'm new here.

Anyway, there was a PC game I played in the 3rd grade. It wasn't really a "game" per se, it was more educational.

This game was pretty weird. There were at least four activities you could do. One of them was to draw a pattern on a background and either a group of circles, triangles, or a ballerina dancer could follow that pattern. The music played during this activity was really nice. Another activity was to simply play notes on a piano/xylophone. Various sounds included an 80s like synthesized sound or sheep (hitting mallets on sheep). This was a lot of fun to play, but I can't remember the name of it. This could only be played on the PC and it seems you could play it on a Windows 95 or 98 system.

I am so happy to find this thread! There's a game I remember playing back in middle school, so sometime in the early 2000s, and I believe it was either on the PlayStation 1 or 2. The main character's name was Virgil -I'm fairly certain- and he had short brown hair and I think he wore a trench coat. And in the game you kept having mysterious dreams, hearing a mysterious voice and it had something to do with your past (I think you're supposed to be half demon, but I'm not 100% on that). And you had to escort/protect this young woman.

And that's all I've got, but I would love to find it and play it again if I could. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Edde Anthony Lopez:
Hello, I'm new here.

Anyway, there was a PC game I played in the 3rd grade. It wasn't really a "game" per se, it was more educational.

This game was pretty weird. There were at least four activities you could do. One of them was to draw a pattern on a background and either a group of circles, triangles, or a ballerina dancer could follow that pattern. The music played during this activity was really nice. Another activity was to simply play notes on a piano/xylophone. Various sounds included an 80s like synthesized sound or sheep (hitting mallets on sheep). This was a lot of fun to play, but I can't remember the name of it. This could only be played on the PC and it seems you could play it on a Windows 95 or 98 system.

Funnily enough someone was just mentioning Thinkin' Things Collection 1, I think the game you're looking for is Thinkin' Things Collection 2.

alcatraz064:

It's a long shot, but could it have been the arcade coin-op game Out Zone?

Adira:
I specifically remember playing a game back when I was younger. The game was about a little male crocodile, which had a female crocodile as a girlfriend and she was kidnapped by a "bad guy". You had to go through levels, killing other bad guys to eventually end up on a boss fight with the bad guy.

During the game, there were some weird fans on the ground, which would help you turn into a swirl shape and I think move faster. It also had spikes that could kill you.

There was an option to create your own level too. The game had a green colour theme going on, and it finished with "to be continued".

I'm sure it was Windows 95, but I could be wrong

That was probably Alex the Allegator 4.

snakesandwich:
Hey guys, need help! I used to play this game in the late 90's, I think. I played it only on PC. The plot, from which I can remember is about being a babysitter for a scientist father. You're alone in the house with a baby when all of a sudden a portal opens up an alien being comes through it. The being takes the baby through the portal and it disappears. That's pretty much all I can remember. The game seemed similar to MYST in terms of style and control of the game.

Okay, this time I'm pretty sure this is Lighthouse: The Dark Being.

Hey guys. So I am looking for a pretty old game. It was working well on PC on Windows (not sure which one). It is kinda a strategical/tactical game where armies fight (no guns as I recall, only swords, horses, etc). And I remember the idea was to place your given army (I guess it should progress as you go further) in a line (or like 2 rows are available) on the one side of the battlefield and then you just press the begin button and the fight starts. (I don't recall having an ability to control the army once the fight begins). So the tricky part is that I don't know if it is the whole game (placing your army in anyway you want in the battlefield before the fight and then letting them fight) or if there was more to the game. Anyway I also recall that after the win there were different upgrades available for my army and I could choose one (i.e. archers can shoot far away and there were probably like a few levels of the same upgrade which just simply makes it better).

The best visualization of the idea of the game which I can give you is if you look on your screen and there's one task-bar at the bottom and one at the top. I place my army in any order I want in the bottom and then press the start button and both armies move towards each other and fight untill there's a winner.

Hopefully something like this actually exists and someone can remind me of that game

Have a good day everyone!

RelativityMan:

Edde Anthony Lopez:
Hello, I'm new here.

Funnily enough someone was just mentioning Thinkin' Things Collection 1, I think the game you're looking for is Thinkin' Things Collection 2.

OH MY GOODNESS! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I remember loving the music on this game so much. Brings back great memories!

It's a first person pc game from late 1990s to early 2000s.

You are a male character on some kind of quest. The game starts in the heros cabin in the mountains/forest. You have to go through the house and take necessary items. Not everything in the house is selectable so it's lots of point and clicks. One item I remember always finding was a sack. If you did not grab the sack you'd only be able to carry a few items once you left the house. Once you leave your house you never go back. I remember being able to forage for berries. I know there were a lot of puzzles in the game but the one I remember most clearly is you had to reassemble an organ made from crystals based off the length of the Crystal and the pitch It produced. I I remember one other odd puzzle. you were trying to sneak into a mountain (maybe building??)and you had to climb up the outside and come in through a window. When you came through you were in a room full of women in a hot tub.

Any help would be so appreciated!

Hello everyone!

I looking for 2 games. I was child when I played with them, it was at least 10 years ago. I have some accurate memory pieces but i couldn't find the games with keywords. Os was win98. So the 1st one:
It was a kinda 3d ball game. In the main menu you could choose among some ball textures. In the main-menu's right side there were 3 "stage". First with 12 levels, second idk, third with 4 levels this 4 were extra levels, you couldn't play with them before complete stage 1-2.
Gameplay: Top of screen was black thick line, and white time counter maybe you have to complete the level to time. Control: left and right (maybe little slow down with down) Sometimes you had to bypass some barriers cause when you hit it, it stopped you. And sometimes was accelerator field on the "field". The last levels (of 1st 12) had moving barriers, which came from the ground and it moved frequently up and down even at the whole width of field (which was 6 or 8 unit)
I think that the terrain was a bole on the 6th level. The terrain was never the same, each map had a different terrain and skybox, but it was just design.

The second: I have less memories about it. The object was that, you have to reach a rocket. But it was also a kinda ball game. You had a little ball, you had to hit planks or going threw bubbles to remove it. When you cleaned the map you launched the rocket. I could play only with the demo but, I could see the levels in menu. It has around 5-8 stages. Six levels in each stage, here the structure was an inner hexagon the stage label, and around the inner there were 6 outer hexagons which were the maps.
Oh one more thing: on some maps there were a thin semi-transparent line and when the ball went threw the line (it was inevitable) you couldn't control the ball until it bounced from the opposite wall.

I didn't even remember these games for a long time, but since the memories "came to the surface" thence the thought isn't resting me.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 . . . 882 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here