Twitter Yoshihiro Togashi confirms Hunter x Hunter 4 new manga chapters created in development 2022 return

Yoshihiro Togashi Apparently Confirms New Hunter x Hunter Chapters in the Works

The acclaimed and imaginative manga Hunter x Hunter has not had any new chapters since 2018, and the series has been no stranger to hiatuses since publication began back in 1998. The pessimists among us might just presume that the series will never see a proper conclusion. And frankly, that could be true. But it ain’t true yet! Via Nibel, manga creator Yoshihiro Togashi has apparently opened a Twitter account and declared that at least four new Hunter x Hunter chapters are coming.

Recommended Videos

The evidence that this Togashi Twitter is real and that the new chapters are legitimate is that manga artist Yusuke Murata retweeted it to vouch for its legitimacy.

Furthermore, context clues suggest that these four stated chapters may actually be part of a new set of 10ish chapters, enough to fill a new tankoubon / volume of Hunter x Hunter manga. If that proves accurate, Hunter x Hunter could present a classic case of feast or famine.

In any case, this manga is in a better state than another famously beloved but infamously delayed manga, Berserk. Berserk creator Kentaro Miura died unexpectedly last year of acute aortic dissection at age 54, to the shock of fans around the world. Its publisher still has not announced whether the manga will officially end or whether it will be completed by Miura’s art studio and colleagues with knowledge of the story. Miura’s estate continues to profit from totally sick officially licensed merchandise though.

Let’s all hope that Hunter x Hunter receives a more deserving resolution.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article What Is Marvel’s X-Men: Heir of Apocalypse About?
Cropped X-Men: Heir of Apocalypse promo artwork
Read Article The Best Horror Books Coming in February 2024
Four covers of horror books coming in February 2024.
Read Article The Best Fantasy Books Coming in February 2024
Related Content
Read Article What Is Marvel’s X-Men: Heir of Apocalypse About?
Cropped X-Men: Heir of Apocalypse promo artwork
Read Article The Best Horror Books Coming in February 2024
Four covers of horror books coming in February 2024.
Read Article The Best Fantasy Books Coming in February 2024
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.