live-action Wesker Resident Evil Netflix release date July 14, 2022 cast

Live-Action Wesker Resident Evil Netflix Series Releases in July

In case you forgot, Netflix has a lot of video game adaptations in development, and one of them is for a live-action Resident Evil series starring Wesker and his children. This morning, Netflix announced a July 14, 2022 release date for that live-action Wesker Resident Evil series. The show will consist of eight one-hour-long episodes, and Andrew Dabb, who has written for Supernatural, is the showrunner, executive producer, and writer. Mary Leah Sutton is also an executive producer and writer.

Recommended Videos

This live-action series will basically take place in its own continuity, separate from the video games, the badly received recent movie, and the CGI Netflix series. The premise is that the year is 2036, and 14 years have passed since a virus incurred global apocalypse. Now, Jade Wesker is “haunted by her past in New Raccoon City, by her father’s chilling connections to the Umbrella Corporation(,) but mostly by what happened to her sister, Billie.” So it sounds like a character drama that happens to have zombies kicking around, like The Walking Dead.

The July release date is new today, but Netflix previously released cast details for the live-action Resident Evil series, with Lance Reddick playing Wesker. Ella Balinska, Tamara Smart, Siena Agudong, Adeline Rudolph, Paola Nuñez, Ahad Raza Mir, Connor Gossatti, and Turlough Convery are in the cast as well.

Meanwhile, on the video game front, Resident Evil 2, 3, and 7 are coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S with enhanced visuals, and save data will carry over.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Star Wars: How Old Is Luke Skywalker in A New Hope?
Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: A New Hope
Read Article Was There a Deadpool 3 Plot Leak?
Wolverine and Deadpool fighting in Deadpool & Wolverine
Read Article What Is the Song in the Deadpool 3 Trailer? Answered
Related Content
Read Article Star Wars: How Old Is Luke Skywalker in A New Hope?
Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: A New Hope
Read Article Was There a Deadpool 3 Plot Leak?
Wolverine and Deadpool fighting in Deadpool & Wolverine
Read Article What Is the Song in the Deadpool 3 Trailer? Answered
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.