Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 . . . 918 NEXT

Hello!
Around 2001-2004 i played a game but i cant find it now.
You have one spaseship and you have to beat the enemy boss at the and of the level.
2 players can play at onse, one with red starship and one with blue.
The graphics were very good for that time.
Before you reach the boss there are some enemies(starships) to kill and they sometimes dropped bonuses like shield, inproved weapons, rockets. The game looks like Raiden 3 and Raiden 4 but the first level was at spase and after that you go the Earts` serface.

Hi guys, I'm desperately trying to find a game I played on PC when I was young.

It had a dungeon feel to it, where you would encounter AI enemies like large rats, etc.
You would also encounter treasures and other choices which you had to make which results in different outcomes.
It's a mouse only, decision-based, quite a simple game really but I've been searching everywhere for it.
As far as I can remember the game ends when you encounter the dragon which you would then had to fight.
The game didn't really have any moving parts only pictures describing the decisions you face.

Appreciate any help. :)

So I used to play this flash game where you had to kill aliens, it was basically a side scroller where you killed aliens. Don't know a better way to describe it but the title was an abbreviation of some sort, and I remember that in the first game (there was like 5-7 total) you went through some grass going right then boarded the alien ship and went left.

Also I'm trying to remember what these flash games were called where you had to escape from various scenarios (a closet, a car etc.

ASDFCXZ:
So I used to play this flash game where you had to kill aliens, it was basically a side scroller where you killed aliens. Don?t know a better way to describe it but the title was an abbreviation of some sort, and I remember that in the first game (there was like 5-7 total) you went through some grass going right then boarded the alien ship and went left.

Also I?m trying to remember what these flash games were called where you had to escape from various scenarios (a closet, a car etc.

Can't answer the first part, but the second part would fall under the category of room escape games.

Kostadin Terziev:
Hello!
Around 2001-2004 i played a game but i cant find it now.
You have one spaseship and you have to beat the enemy boss at the and of the level.
2 players can play at onse, one with red starship and one with blue.
The graphics were very good for that time.
Before you reach the boss there are some enemies(starships) to kill and they sometimes dropped bonuses like shield, inproved weapons, rockets. The game looks like Raiden 3 and Raiden 4 but the first level was at spase and after that you go the Earts` serface.

Could that have been DemonStar?

ManStapler:
I'm looking for help with two games that I had trouble finding the names of.

1. Puzzle/Adventure game set in the dessert, it starts with you arriving on a horse or camel to a gate, and then you have to look for items to to get through the gate, the game is heavily centered around hard puzzles. The game was on PC, from a CD. I remember that once you got through the gate you were in an abandoned town where you could find old medical tools (I think there might have been a description of them saying they were for C-sections and such), and then you had to find rocks on the ground to pick up, so you could throw at someone, then chase them down up some ladders or something. This game had a sequel for sure.

2. Old game like the cell stage of Spore, or Agar.io, all I know is that the creatures might have had eyes, you had to eat other bacteria or microbes or cells to get bigger and avoid some other cells that were bad for you. Game might be pre-2000.

Bumping this up in hopes someone will know the first game. So far no luck.

Hi guys! I've been searching through this thread for a game but havent found the name yet. Some people have made posts about a game that sounds similar, but didnt get any answers.

So the game was a top view mech game. You had this charecter/person who could shoot, move and take over other mecs. Game had different levels and you had to kill the enemies and find some easy puzzels to move forward.(find a lever and switch it ON at the other side of the map(kinda like future cop LAPD))The gimmic of the game was that you shot enemies and disabeled them. Then you could take over the disabeled enemy mechas that were better than yours. If your mech got blown, you reverted back to the person/human form. You could still fight on and try and take over other enemy mechas if you could disable them(ofc you had a disatvantage being without a mech.) I remember that one of the mechs kinda looked like dragoons from starcraft....

I think the game was on PS1(not 100% sure it was the only platform tho). It had a single player and also a multiplayer mode. If I x remember correctly it was -90s something... the game had this really kinda dark and future/techno kinda feel to it.

Any ideas?

So Ive looked for this game from the thread but cant find the name. There have been a couple people asking about a game that sounds similar. I havent seen any answers to those posts tho.

So the game is this old PS1 top view mec shooter(not sure if ps1 was the only platform) The gimmic of the game was that you started out as a pilot/human who could walk around and shoot. Your aim was to destroy enemy mechas and travers dirrefent levels. When you disabeled/destroyed enemies you could take over the powered down mechs. You looked for better/harder enemies to get better mechs. So you destroyed enemies and solved small puzzeles kinda like Future Cop LAPD style (find a right lever for this door etc.) You could get your mech destroyed and be human again. Then you could strugle to fight a lower level mech and try to take it over.

The games atmosphere was really dark and depressing/future/techno style. It had a single player and multiplayer mode. I remember playing syndicate wars on ps1 at the same era.

Any ideas?

Seems like the editing reposts the whole shebang ^^ sorry for that

Hi guys, I'm looking for a game that I played when I was young. It was a side-scrolling CD game on PC platform in the year of 2000s may be(or 2000-2005), actually I don't know about the release date of it. I've tried my best to remember most of the game details but I cant remember the name of it.

The starting animation is talking about a man was locked in a tower in the sky, a mage(maybe?) casted magic to free him.
Although the game is side-scrolling game, it looks like 2.5D. The background is 2D picture but your character and the enemies are 3D image. It is a kind of adventure game, and you have a health bar and mana bar on the top left hand corner.
In the game you can choose 3 types of character, a young man with sword, a young girl with staff and a man using two-handed axe.
I remember some of the default button which are "Z" and "X", "Z" is using a light attack and "X" is a heavy attack.

There are several types of magic you can use, fire , ice, lightning and recovery.
Each type of magic divided into 5 levels, I only remember fire and ice.
Fire L1: Single fire ball drop on a single enemy (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Fire L2: Fire burning on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Fire L3: Lava blast at all enemies position
Fire L4: Large explosion (Area of effect)
Fire L5: Fire from the fire phoenix (Area of effect)
Ice L1: Ice Spikes appear at a single enemy's postion (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Ice L2: Ice Spikes appear at all enemies' position
Ice L3: Ice wall created on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Ice L4: Ice Storm (Area of effect)
Ice L5: Ice Age (Area of effect)

And here are the stage and the boss that I try my best to remember.
Stage 1 - Forest, boss: rock golem
Stage 2 - Floor 1
Stage 3 - Below 1, boss: ice drake
Stage 4 - Below 2, boss: 2 ghost
Stage 5 - Below 3, boss: skeleton mage(necromancer)
^And this boss I think is a main enemy of the game because my character need to talk to him before battle.
Stage 6 - Floor 2, boss: a flying, upper body, large skeleton with both scythe-shaded hand(hand bone)
Stage 7 - Floor 3, boss: fire drake
Stage 8 - Below 4

One more thing there are 5 different BGM in the game. Each of them is used for Stage1-5 respectively. And Stage 6 use the first BGM and so on.

I just only remember the stage name and the last stage that I reached is 8.
Please help me with this, it is a memory for me and I try my best to remember the details of it.

1. i played this game old pc demo late 90 early 2000 strategy game. 2 bases and hq was flying necropolis triagle shape and you can take control one of your units. there was flying and ground units and summon and you can move your base too. Very dark environment. and you must destroy enemy base. if i remember correctly hq name was necropolis.

Tonizerna:
1. i played this game old pc demo late 90 early 2000 strategy game. 2 bases and hq was flying necropolis triagle shape and you can take control one of your units. there was flying and ground units and summon and you can move your base too. Very dark environment. and you must destroy enemy base. if i remember correctly hq name was necropolis.

Could it have been a Necron monolith from Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade? =)

Midwoka:

Tonizerna:

Could it have been a Necron monolith from Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade? =)

i found it. Urban Assault

Hi Everyone.

Well, I think my descriptions should sound strange at first, but I swear this game exists. It's a simple game with moving platforms where you need to move the main character to the other side of screen, to rescue some items, and then return back to the original side.

I remember the platforms is moving upward and downward, and as the game progress it's start to have some obstacles. There was enemies, portals, crystals that deactivate the lasers(that protect the items), some of the platforms were black and you can go up or down on them. If I'm not mistaken the items on the other side was househould items like a fridge, a television and a toilet. I also remember that in the end, when you finish all levels you just take all these things and put them on a chariot and leave.

I found this game once, but I lost my HDD and since then I can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, in 1998 I played a game that was similar to Descent/Forsaken, it was on the PC and I always played it as local (of course) multiplayer, wherein my brother would always cream me. But I cant remember what it is?

Hello, there was a game i was playing long time ago on PC.. it was a street fighting game (no , its not street fight).. one of the characters that i really liked was a short haired white guy wearing a brown top and had as weapons 2 police batons-like made of wood. ( like this: https://cdn.thehomesecuritysuperstore-img1.com/content/product/large/10070A.jpg but made of wood.) Can someone help?

Hi there is a game that i have been searching for weeks in internet but i can't find it.I was playing it when I was a kid so it must be
around 2005-2009, it was a cowboy/puzzle animation game. The things I remember; there was a teacher to whom the cowboy fell in love.Some bullies were bullieng her in and hitting the cowboy in the head,causing him to faint. I remember carrot planting and growing and harvesting. When we find money in somewhere, cowboy takes it hasitetaly. I guess that is all I can remember but game is compose of puzzle solving and 3rd camera. I hope some one know it's name...

Hi guys, there is this game i played as a child but i dont remember what the name is
i probably played it on some emulator and im assuming the game is from 80s

its was a horizontal scrolling shooter game, with the playable character flying in superman pose
each stage you had ability to merge with 2 potential characters, giving you a powerup
final boss was an alien alligator in a big robot, and when he loses he runs away in a rocket

I remember a game that was 2 - d and the character was a dark ball of slime it was on pc (windows xp) please help

eskalade99:
Hi there is a game that i have been searching for weeks in internet but i can't find it.I was playing it when I was a kid so it must be
around 2005-2009, it was a cowboy/puzzle animation game. The things I remember; there was a teacher to whom the cowboy fell in love.Some bullies were bullieng her in and hitting the cowboy in the head,causing him to faint. I remember carrot planting and growing and harvesting. When we find money in somewhere, cowboy takes it hasitetaly. I guess that is all I can remember but game is compose of puzzle solving and 3rd camera. I hope some one know it's name...

That's "Fenimore Fillmore: The Westerner" (2004).

Luxxarr:
I remember a game that was 2 - d and the character was a dark ball of slime it was on pc (windows xp) please help

That's most likely "Gish" (2004).

tzu23:
Hello, there was a game i was playing long time ago on PC.. it was a street fighting game (no , its not street fight).. one of the characters that i really liked was a short haired white guy wearing a brown top and had as weapons 2 police batons-like made of wood. ( like this: https://cdn.thehomesecuritysuperstore-img1.com/content/product/large/10070A.jpg but made of wood.) Can someone help?

Could be Wu Song from Suiko Enbu, also known as 'Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty' and 'Dark Legend' (he's fought at 19:23 in the video I linked).

Hi guys, I'm trying to remember an 80s, possibly early 90s, game which I played on PC. It's a 2D, horizontal-only adventure game set in a medieval land. Hardly any colours involved, maybe 16 or 32... and basic blocky cartoon graphics. I can't remember if it was a point and click or keyboard only though.

I could have sworn it was called Avalon, and the main character was called was a guy called Avi or similar, but I've not managed to find it yet. The game had a sense of humour from what I can remember, and I'm pretty sure there's a monk character you can talk to.

Sorry, that's not a lot to go on... hope someone can help.

UPDATE: 2 hours later, and I've found it! So happy. Lord Avalot: http://www.abandonia.com/en/downloadgame/1003

Hello guys.At start I have to say that I sorry for my bad english. I have to find a minigame. It was 2d platform. You were controlling a plane, which have been built from squares and triangles. Whole game was looking like that(everywhere triangles/squares. Also your enemies(also planes)). You could connect destroyed enemies to yourself making your plane stronger. You were flying from left to right (like mario). In one level you had to beat 2 bosses. I bet it was produced somewhere in 2002-2006.
Hope someone knows it.

Hi,
I'm trying to find the name of an old racing game. It's a 2D Nascar style racing game. It was a side view and you raced around an oval style track. The controls were strange for a racing game. On the straits left and right increased your speed. Up and down move you that way on the track. On the corners at each end you had to slow down to a certain speed first and if I remember right it turned your automatically. I think it was a shareware game in the 90's maybe on a PCZONE / PCGAMER cd???
It had Nascar cars, pit stops and you raced for alot of laps / coud choose no. laps. Crashing also spun your can in a pre animated way i believe.
Any one remember this game???

I used to play a game where you were on another world and it was point of view (or first person shooter, I guess). There was an abandoned building where you hooked up cables to get info either on a screen or numerical. Then you went down hill and found a vehicle that you jump started to get to a power plant for more info. Then there was a space ship you had to get started etc... I thought it was called the Crystal Cave or something like that. Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone! Can you guys help me finding an old game?

The game is a platform where you have a small spaceship wich you can fly around the map with,but you can also leave the spaceship and play as the character himself. You can enter and leave this spaceship anytime,as long as the spaceship is landed. I don't actually remember the plot, but it looks like the objective is to defeat the enemies around the map, (turrets, etc) and reach the end of the level. It is a 2D game and is a Side-Scrolling (but you can also go "down" in certain parts) It is a 2D Platform, pixelated , and scy-fi style. I remember that I played it in a Sega Emulator in Windows XP called "SEGA BEST" or something like that (btw if you know where can I get this emulator would be extremely helpfull too), and thats all. I have a vague and uncertain memory of the spaceship being white with a blue window, but I'm not sure. Please help me if you Know something that looks like that

Cleomindo:
The game is a platform where you have a small spaceship wich you can fly around the map with,but you can also leave the spaceship and play as the character himself. You can enter and leave this spaceship anytime,as long as the spaceship is landed. The objective is to defeat the enemies around the map, (turrets, etc) and reach the end of the level. It is a 2D game and is a Side-Scrolling (but you can also go "down" in certain parts) It is a 2D Platform, pixelated , and scy-fi style. I remember that I played it in a Sega Emulator in Windows XP called "SEGA BEST" or something like that (btw if you know where can I get this emulator would be extremely helpfull too), and thats all. I have a vague and uncertain memory of the spaceship being white with a blue window, but I?m not sure.

It wasn't exactly a ship (a tank with rocket boosters) but otherwise that sounds like Blaster Master 2.

Zopilote697:
I used to play a game where you were on another world and it was point of view (or first person shooter, I guess). There was an abandoned building where you hooked up cables to get info either on a screen or numerical. Then you went down hill and found a vehicle that you jump started to get to a power plant for more info. Then there was a space ship you had to get started etc... I thought it was called the Crystal Cave or something like that. Thanks in advance.

Could that have been The Crystal Key?

RelativityMan:

Cleomindo:
The game is a platform where you have a small spaceship wich you can fly around the map with,but you can also leave the spaceship and play as the character himself. You can enter and leave this spaceship anytime,as long as the spaceship is landed. The objective is to defeat the enemies around the map, (turrets, etc) and reach the end of the level. It is a 2D game and is a Side-Scrolling (but you can also go "down" in certain parts) It is a 2D Platform, pixelated , and scy-fi style. I remember that I played it in a Sega Emulator in Windows XP called "SEGA BEST" or something like that (btw if you know where can I get this emulator would be extremely helpfull too), and thats all. I have a vague and uncertain memory of the spaceship being white with a blue window, but I?m not sure.

It wasn't exactly a ship (a tank with rocket boosters) but otherwise that sounds like Blaster Master 2.

This one you mentioned (Blaster Master 2) looks a lot like it, but i'm pretty sure it's a spaceship. Do you know any other game with this same "leave-ship" mechanics?

tzu23:

Possibly Last Bronx, the short white haired character is probably Red Eye. Either way, the weapon you're describing is called a tonfa, come in many shapes and materials, and is often used in pairs.

PistolSlap:
Hello, in 1998 I played a game that was similar to Descent/Forsaken, it was on the PC and I always played it as local (of course) multiplayer, wherein my brother would always cream me. But I cant remember what it is?

There aren't that many true six-degrees-of-freedom (or 6DoF) games out there, so probably either Terracide or one of the two Miner Wars games. There's also this list on Giant Bomb, but it does list some games that shouldn't be there.

A while ago I had a game on Windows 7 - it was a maths game. It was a 3D platformer. You had to... well... go around the place. There were some scrolls sitting around the place, with multiple-choice math equations on them that you had to solve. There weren't many of them though. Here are some other things I remember:
There was a big flat thingy surrounded by hills, and... when you hung around it for a bit, a person walked up to you and let you inside , where there was a big knight city place. You basically couldn't do anything else until you did that.
There was a jurassic place with a giant dinosaur. And you took its eggs or something.
Then there was a room... and it was circular with a hallway that led to the outside. You had to put a stone in the middle or something, and then it would go to a ice themed area.
Also there was a volcano area. You had to go somewhere, and then later you came back to it.
I just want to remember the game because of nostalgia. Hopefully I can figure it out someday, because Googling "maths 3d platformer" does not help.

Hello. I have played a PC platformer or adventure game. I don't know wich kind of games was it. The character is a rooster who is wearing a hat and having a pistol. You can have only 4 bullets. The game started in a jungle, the enemies were gorillas. Then the game contonues under the ground. As I remember there were only 21 levels. I played it on windows xp.
Sorry for my bad english.
Can anyone help me please?
If someone has any idea, write on this email:
daniextreme555@gmail.com

Ok I am looking for a samurai/ninjia arcade game the main character was like a ram/goat/sheep. You would fly in on a cloud and you had a sword. The screen scrolled up, and I think up,to,3 people could play. I want to say it was a snk/Neo Geo cabnet, the game had to have been made in the late 80s or early 90s.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 . . . 918 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here