Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 . . . 910 NEXT

Alright, so I kind of remember this game I used to play all the time in elementary school during computer lab, but I can only remember a few details about it. Hopefully someone else recognizes it, because I'm starting to think I just made it up.

The game was a 2D platformer (PC, probably a flash game)

It was the type of game you would find on a website such as miniclip or notdoppler.

I believe the background was relatively dark (maybe dark green?)

I'm pretty sure the goal of each level was to get to the final "checkpoint" which might have been a door you walked through. You collected what I think were star-like objects (I think they were colored black) throughout the levels, and you had to get a certain amount to unlock the next door of levels in the "hub world" (which was basically just a long platform with several doors along it). I also remember that these "stars" obeyed the laws of gravity, frequently causing them to roll around (which was implemented into some of the levels).

Majority of the levels were made out of pretty basic shapes and components. All of the main textures might've had a cartoonish wood texture to them, or some plain color. A large amount of these platforms were semi "flexible," meaning you could sometimes squeeze your player into places and glitch them apart.

Your character had the ability to "hold" onto things (it was either a direct grab, or using some tool to hold onto them)

There is a level with a giant wheel that has 4 rockets attached to it, and you had to move a lever (or maybe it was pushing specific buttons) a specific amount to activate the rockets (the rockets were short with red cones and gray cylindrical bodies that shot out cloudy particles when on)

There is a level where you have to push buttons in a specific order to turn all the light bulbs on and open up the way to the end checkpoint.

Once you completed all the levels (and got enough stars) you could open up a bonus area at the end of the hub world platform.

Also, I believe that the name of the game might've been some obscure word that started with an "O", like "Oblong," but a little different. It may have had a completely different name though, that part could've been just a false memory.

I played this game somewhere between 2004 and 2009

(Here is a visual representation of parts I've described): https://imgur.com/a/R3rXq

Sorry this one is so obscure. It has just been bothering me all day and I wanted to see if anyone else remembers what this is.

help, thinking of a online flash player game thats been around for a while
it involved different puzzles and rooms and eventually uncovers the story of a controlling mother and how even in death she was manipulating her daughter. you collect tapes to uncover the story and by watching them all the daughter is able to realize that her mothers death wasnt her fault. they were kind of block like characters
i just cant remember it or find it for the life of me!!

Hi,
I'm looking for a game and thought you guys could help me, me and my brother used to play it more than 10 years ago on the PC.
It was kinda like Final Fantasy, you had your team to help the battles although it was not turn based. the view was like top down or isometric (i don't remember exactly). The things I remember more about the gameplay are that there was a level in the deck of a pirate ship with a turret that look a lot like a revolver (now i'm not sure if this turret was on the ship) another level was kinda like in a dungeon where you had to dodge some lava in the floor. That's pretty much all I can remember about this game, hope you guys can help me.
Sorry for the bad english, I'm not a native english speaker.

Hey guys. So there was a game on PlayStation 2 I would say came out 2004-2008 because the disc back was that blue or purple color.
What I can vaguely remember it was we were in a place that we had go through level by level and our teammates turned against us and we had to kill them one by one. One had a flamethrower that was hella op and I could never beat him.
I have played Black which is similar to this. Felt like a resident evil style game.
Sorry that this is literally nothing to go one but I hope someone knows something
Thank you

madwhit:

dreamcarrier:
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR AN OLD GAME that I played on my computer for A LOOONG TIME!!!!

I remeber my dad buying a new computer in the early 2000's and it had a bunch of games already installed.
It had trials of games, you know the ones that you can only play like 5 times before they ask you to buy it.

The one im looking for is like a 3d game where you're in the sky/air. there are lots of pink clouds around and you could fall off if you missed a block.
The floor is made of blocks and you control this little pink blob looking thing, with the arrow keys. You have to make him jump on the blocks and it turns them into a gold color.
You have to turn all the blocks gold to complete the level. And i think you can make him land on blocks with cherries or cakes to power up and it has different effects on how many blocks you can change at a time.

That is all the game was, just a little pink thing that you controlled to turn all the blocks gold.
I remember a lot of pink, like it was for little girls. And blob had huge eyes! it didn't look anything like Kirby tho if anyone is wondering. and it looked 3dish.

HELP ME!!

Any clues yet, folks? I'm trying to remember this one too. The computer was some kind of Dell xps thing from the early to mid 2000s.

Different cubes in the game had different properties. Some would fall away when you jumped on them, some would cause you to slide, and some had treats like cupcakes or fruit that would give you powers (I think). I don't remember what the enemies looked like, but I know that one of the boss battles was against some kind of lightning storm. I also recall lots of stars or clouds along with lots of pink and purple. I've asked my sisters if they remember the name (we all played through dozens of levels of this thing), but they can't remember yet either.

Hey, this is Ottos Magic Blocks. Can be found on Wild Tangent Games

I recently remembered a very old game I played for a while ages ago, though I can't remember the name. I remember that you crashed down onto a planet from a space ship. It also had a medical system of sorts, and I remember that you could literally cut off all your limbs and die. There was also a cave, but I don't think I ever got past that point.

Actually there were two games I installed on my computer for the first time when I was a kid. Second one I couldn't run in my computer but its game folder contained some trailers and movies from the game. It was about fighting by robots with enemy robots. In one trailer I remember rather clearly there was a giant walking robot on a crowded street (place was real not animation) in presumably Japan. So since I couldn't even play this I'm not insisting on finding its name, just want to give it a shot!
But my first ever game to install and play on PC is a 3D fighting game about a semi naked young boy with just a ripped dark brown underwear (like primitive humans) and dark brown boots who carries only a sword and a shield. He has a long hair. Controllers were space, alt and ctrl for 2 different sword moves and jumping. Game starts with some scenes of the attack of soldiers to a place and dead body's over places. Then it shows the angry young hero who is going to take revenge from the enemy and he walks on a wall and jumps into the starting place. When he jumps from the top on the ground, the game starts. Characters have no voice, just epic music, sound effects and text. Basically you just go and kill soldiers (they also have swords and shields) in different areas and after a while you will reach a chained girl and save her. It then shows brownish images of him heroically cutting off the chains. Then there is a long path and harder things to do like passing the spear obstacles etc where I could no longer continue. I thing its name was like "keygan" or something!

gamemood7:
But my first ever game to install and play on PC is a 3D fighting game about a semi naked young boy with just a ripped dark brown underwear (like primitive humans) and dark brown boots who carries only a sword and a shield. He has a long hair. Controllers were space, alt and ctrl for 2 different sword moves and jumping. Game starts with some scenes of the attack of soldiers to a place and dead body's over places. Then it shows the angry young hero who is going to take revenge from the enemy and he walks on a wall and jumps into the starting place. When he jumps from the top on the ground, the game starts. Characters have no voice, just epic music, sound effects and text. Basically you just go and kill soldiers (they also have swords and shields) in different areas and after a while you will reach a chained girl and save her. It then shows brownish images of him heroically cutting off the chains. Then there is a long path and harder things to do like passing the spear obstacles etc where I could no longer continue. I thing its name was like "keygan" or something!

Sounds like Kaan: Barbarian's Blade. =)

Game for PS1, 3D platformer, game was similar to Croc. I remember only a few moments from the beginning of the game. At the beginning of the game your crew (hope it was my crew) will land you on the island, your character waves for goodbye and the adventure begins. You are on the island where the par of it is vulcano. Your health bar is small hearts. Well thats all i remember :P I know its almost nothing, but ---- If you know guys game with same or similar beginning or any other 3d platformers for ps1 tell me please :) I will appreciate every suggestion, Thakns a lot :)

pileboy2704:
Okey so I need a pc racing game from 2000s era its birdview game like reckless racing (android) and you have some pickups for shooting and other things like that. The tracks are something like around mountain, with volcano and some desert egypt thing as far as I can remember. The logo/icon is some red face I believe like transformers and I think name starts with an M.

Could it be Gubble Buggy Racer?

puddinmuffin:

puddinmuffin:
There use to be a game on IOS.. When IPhone 3 was new. We were a little red ball or a red fox head I guess and we were in a place like farm or garden. And farmers would come and try to kill us all around the garden. We could move by moving the phone ( like balancing it) ( SORRY FOR THE BAD ENGLISH) . And we could attack them as well.. Thats all I can remember. But I think we were a red little fox in a garden.

I am still trying to find it ... :(

Help please.. it was 2012 or earlier.. ios 5 or earlier..

This is a bit difficult, would appreciate if anyone can remember it, here it goes!

It was an old PC game 90's or early 2000's, it's about an underground people or things, in bronze or iron age I think? and it had these things that spin around like a ferris wheel that transport things, that's pretty much all I remember, any idea is appreciated.

It's this old business tycoon from the 90s where you started in the early 1900s (maybe the 20s?) and had to fill a town's street with shops (restaurant, jewelry, shopping mall, etc), except in other streets some shops would perform better than others (jewelry sold more in rich neighborhoods, per example). Over time you'd advance in years (60s, 70s, 80s up to I think "futuristic" 2000s) and as you did, you'd unlock new kinds of shops, upgrades for 'em, some shops would lose popularity and you could even spread your empire to other streets of town. It had a pretty good depth for such an old game, and I'd like to play it again sometimes.

Boltonhero:
I recently remembered a very old game I played for a while ages ago, though I can't remember the name. I remember that you crashed down onto a planet from a space ship. It also had a medical system of sorts, and I remember that you could literally cut off all your limbs and die. There was also a cave, but I don't think I ever got past that point.

Heh, must be "Robinson's Requiem" (1994)

Yup, it was Robinson's Requiem . Thanks man

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a "Shoot 'em up" game on Windows. I played it on Win95 or Win98 and as it was just a trail version, I am not sure if it is transplant from acade.

This game is a colorful game and alike with Galaxian. You control a dog with big ears and enemys are animals too, like bees and squids. They shoot beams and buttlets to you. The first boss I met was a huge flounder. During the battle, when you killed an enemy, they will drop one "bottle" and for every hundred bottles you got, your weapon will upgrade. Bosses will drop a lot of bottles and one more life.

I think this game is in 1998-2002, as I was really young I can not remember the exacatly year I played it.

Thanks for any help

Hi guys/girls
I've been thinking of a game I used to play a long time ago. It was a third person RPG game where you were able to summon creatures at your side to fight with you. I only played the demo so I don't know much but I do know that you could summon a fairy to help you and a dark armored man or demon to help you fight. The game had a very dark feeling to it and I know the mission in the demo had you run around through what I believe to be a castle or a keep where you had to defeat enemies in order to destroy their siege weapons or something. I would greatly appreciate if any of you could find this game for me because I'm at wits end and really want to buy the game so I can play it again. Thank you for your time and I look forward to any responses to my issue.

Hello everyone

I remembered a old PC game in a fantasy settings, it was a third person perspective and you can pick a side you can play as on the good side there were a human warrior, elf mage and so on, as bad side you got orc warrior, goblin rogue, a lich, i remember that all the levels were same but you played as opposite sides, you would start the game as a single character and free the rest with him then you can choose with what character to play with, if anybody can tell me what the name of this game was i would be grateful!!!

Hey
I need your help you guys
i have been looking for this game sega game i guess
the game is like ... some square Plane and there is monsters or aliens moving inside it
and me as little space ship in the frames of that square and i must cut the square to smaller areas in order to trap the monsters to win
its similar to that Scale game for android

AndieGG:
Hey
I need your help you guys
i have been looking for this game sega game i guess
the game is like ... some square Plane and there is monsters or aliens moving inside it
and me as little space ship in the frames of that square and i must cut the square to smaller areas in order to trap the monsters to win
its similar to that Scale game for android

This sounds like a JezzBall clone. Try starting with games similar to that?

Hey guys

I played this game in 2006 or 2007. It was a platform levelled arcade game. It had eight levels and you had to complete each level within the time limit. The character had to collect fruits and dodge obstacles to complete the levels. The icon of the game was a red strawberry. The name contained two words one of which is fruit or fruity. The background was a jungle scene, green grass, trees, waterfall etc.

If anyone knows which game is this, kindly respond.

cristyro:

p.p.patko:
Hello :) I remember playing a game but i can't remember it's name :D

So...

The game was multiplayer team-based shooter, there was two teams, red and blue, every team has it's own base on the one side of map, the players were robots, or mechs or something like that, players had some kind of "boosters" on their backs, an these boosters could boost your speed or jump so you could "fly" for some short time. I played that game around 2009-2011 i think. It was free, but i don't know if it was browser game, or installed on computer (maybe the mix of both). There were game modes like capture the flag, taem deathmatch and others.

I found similar game (EXTEEL) but it wasn't it...

Can you please help me ? I would really appreciate it...

War World: Tactical Combat? You could also boost in Orion Prelude.. There's also Tribes Vengeance or another game from that series.
It also sounds a little bit like Team Fortress 2, specifically MvM (Mann vs. Machine) mode. Except you don't play as robots, you shoot robots. I'm probably wrong but worth a try, it can't be that easy can it?
Robocraft is too new..

Thanks !!! I found the game i was looking for, by searching games similar to Tribes series !! it was Fallen Empire: Legions ( then named Legions: Overdrive) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpHXyi28qTw

and then it was on website named instantaction.com

But i know why i stopped playing it... the website was shut down... :( But now i found that the game was picked up by some group of users, and maybe it's still working :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for bringing my memories back :)

FliperSnajper:

FliperSnajper:
I remember playing a game when I was younger and still lived in Poland where in the intro or something a woman threw a stick of dynamite out of a hot air balloon. I also know that it's some kind of puzzle or mystery game.

I also remember that there was some kind of mission where you had to get a certain code, I'm not sure why but I remember it having something to do with an oven in some kitchen.

Bump

a man throw the old man into far away and you can upgrade things like umbrella and if you thow it with great force it can go to space

So this game I enjoyed playing in the beginning you chose between terrorists and I believe navy seals this was a strategy based pc game that had no actual moving graphics everything was written but there were pictures and through out the game you could by different soldiers in mass quantities like 1000 plus at a time the point of the game was to buy soldiers different weapons or vehicles etc and then do missions to gain money to repeat the process over again. After so long the season would end and everyone would start from scratch and it would start all over. When you were going to attack any one it would bring you to a profile that was totally customizable. You could also choose to nuke other countries at certain levels to gain more materials thank you guys let me know if you have questions

I have been looking for a game for a few years now. Will try this site.

You played as a bar that was rotating. You had to collect suns that were the same color as you. You changed color after collecting the suns. Also when you collected them they exclaimed "yeah". Played this in the late 90's early 2000's. please help.

Playing old Game is the best habits which increase our stamina.
Trend Micro Support

The overview plane game, was it a shooter similar to say space invaders or Valken, or G-Darius? because if it was I think it was on the sega and the game was called 1942, there was also a sequel called 1943. It was a great game.

Hey guys, any help would be apppreciated on this one!

There's an old PC game, that might have come on one of those multipack CDs that you got at every computer store ever, with like 100 games on it. Anyways, it all takes place on one 2D screen, you have a village that you have to grow. There's a castle, I think maybe a blacksmith or barracks or something of the like, and your guys are constantly building, everything's always getting taller. You have to assign workers to various tasks, all of which was so you could defend your settlement against assorted enemies that would attack at regular intervals, maybe even demons, I forget now. I've been looking for this game everywhere, it's super simple and barely registers as a video game, but I remember enjoying it a lot. Like I say, any clue as to what it could be helps!

Hello there everyone, if anyone could help me with this one I will be very grateful! =)

So, the game I am looking for is a 2D fighting game in which the players (2 players if i recall currectly) need to push each other into death pits. you don't necessarily fight with fists, more with powers. The main aspect of the game is that you transfom into different monsters/creatures by simply picking up a glowing orb. Each possed different abilities to push the opponent out of bounds, for example i remeber there was one called the yeti, and his power was ice, go figure =D. In any case i don't remeber much about it other than it was potencially a browser game, not 100% sure but about 70% maybe sure, and that i played it with a friend somewhere in between the years 2013 and 2015, the background was more like different maps that may or may not have had effect on the battle and about final release I don't know.

hopefully someone here can help me out, I have been have a lo tof nostalgic moments that i would like to relive with some friends. Thank you ever so much for your time!!!

Hello there everyone, if anyone could help me with this one I will be very grateful! =)

So, the game I am looking for is a 2D fighting game in which the players (2 players if i recall currectly) need to push each other into death pits. you don't necessarily fight with fists, more with powers. The main aspect of the game is that you transfom into different monsters/creatures by simply picking up a glowing orb. Each possed different abilities to push the opponent out of bounds, for example i remeber there was one called the yeti, and his power was ice, go figure =D. In any case i don't remeber much about it other than it was potencially a browser game, not 100% sure but about 70% maybe sure, and that i played it with a friend somewhere in between the years 2013 and 2015, the background was more like different maps that may or may not have had effect on the battle and about final release I don't know.

hopefully someone here can help me out, I have been have a lo tof nostalgic moments that i would like to relive with some friends. Thank you ever so much for your time!!!

This is killing me. Please help me!

I played it on gameboy. You had three characters with different weapons to play with. One was a woman dressed in grey top and black bottoms with a sword. Second was a guy in green t-shirt with a gun shooting one bullet at a time. And third was a man in black hat and black clothes with a gun that could shoot multiple bullets at a time.

Whenever one character died, we could continue the game using the other characters that were alive. Keep killing the villains and move ahead till you reach the big boss.

Does anyone recollect this game??

Ok so this was an early 90s pc game. My sister and i remember playing it, but cant remember the name and cant find anything online.
You wandered around a museum. Each room had a trivia question and you couldnt go to the next room until you answered correctly. Too many wrong answers got you arrested and thrown in jail. Sis says the disk came with a second game about rollar costers that had a vomit meter. Thats the only thing we remember.
Sis seems to remember the case having a picture of a finger with a microchip on it and the title may have contained the word science.

Hey all.

I'm looking for a "game" that i played as a kid

It was a more "educational" point and click type of game.
Real life areas that you could kind of zoom in and get info on things you clicked on, with sounds and what not.
The 2 "situations" i can remember were - a carnival and a back yard of a house.

I thought it was an encyclopedia, but cant find any games that match that :)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 . . . 910 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here