Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 NEXT

A mobile game on android where there was a story where there was 3 races, Half Human, Elves, and Dark elves i think you chose to play as one of those races and battle the other two races in a defense strategy game where u summon troops to attack enemy castle there were 3 lanes top mid and bot it was single player.

Around the early 2000's, my friend lent me a GBA game that was a Jump'n'run game similar to Sonic, but definetly wasnt. I remember that it had partners that you could collect that would give you different abilities when equipped, they would hover behind you while equipped in a level. Im pretty sure the character you played as was a brown rabbit of some sort, he could hover by flapping his ears too. One of the bosses was a hippo pilot at an airport. There was a desert level and jungle level too, I think.

I've been looking for this for years. Anyone have a clue? It might have not been an official release, maybe a homebrew, since I have never been able to find anything resembling it on ROM sites. Please help.

In the early 90's I used to play a game on my PC where the main character was a penguin and the world the game was set in was like an amusement park fully covered in snow . The penguin would roam around the world sometimes by just walking and sometimes it would take the rail. Also the penguin wore a hat. All I can remember is that it was a adventure game where the penguin would go from one place to another.
This is only I could remember vaguely, if you guys get a clue from this please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Virens Dystigniel:
Around the early 2000's, my friend lent me a GBA game that was a Jump'n'run game similar to Sonic, but definetly wasnt. I remember that it had partners that you could collect that would give you different abilities when equipped, they would hover behind you while equipped in a level. Im pretty sure the character you played as was a brown rabbit of some sort, he could hover by flapping his ears too. One of the bosses was a hippo pilot at an airport. There was a desert level and jungle level too, I think.

I've been looking for this for years. Anyone have a clue? It might have not been an official release, maybe a homebrew, since I have never been able to find anything resembling it on ROM sites. Please help.

you can look up jazz the jack rabbit, it had a similar game play to sonic and the MC was a rabbit

Hello all,

I'm looking for old dos side-scrolling game I've played as demo or shareware in late 90's. I had it on CD full of demos and shareware games, which was I think parts of some magazines.
Game was about jumping and solving not so difficult situations of type "how to get to that lever, which opens that doors". During that way was some enemies (some shooting, some was deadly at touch).
Very important part of game was several playable heroes and I remember two of them. One was thick and his power was, that he can "stick" to wall and was able to climb the walls this way. Second one (on my version locked) was able to hide from enemy shootings in way, that he crouch and then he goes flat with floor.
I dont remember if part of game was shooting, but i think it was.
Next thing i think is, that part of name was Heroes, but I'm not really sure with this.

Do someone have idea, how this game is named?

Thank you very much.

Hello all !

I'm looking for the name of this game i was playing on my first Windows 95 computer (pentium 133) when i was a kid. I launched this game on DOS if my memory is good.
It was a kind of a top-down team shooter game (view a bit like Commandos or Portal if i remember good) where you could play either a team of armed (with guns, not sword) futuristic girl in a world of men (so all ennemy were men) or you could play a team of armed futuristic men in a world of women (so all ennemy were women). Yes, this game was totally sexist but it was so cool with very cool gameplay and graphics.
i had only a shareware and the level was a city and the last ennemy of the level were robots / mechas.

Thanks for any help !

It was a strategy game, an RTS. I remember doing the tutorial and you had one sword user, it was called either a "squire" or an "apprentice". If you killed enough enemies with one unit, the unit would upgrade... I can't remember if it was automatic or manual upgrading. There were bow users in the game aswell and you had buildings where you can recruit the weakest unit of that type, but if you upgraded the building it could produce the stronger varient, that you could obtain by fighting.

I remember one level starting out with you having your base and immediately getting attacked by the enemies, you would have one have one hunter and a few squires(?), you could also have magic users, one who could do telepathy or telekinesis(that was the lvl 2 variant of the magic user. I played it around 2003-2005.

It was a puzzle game. We play as a little girl with brown hair. She was wearing a blue-ish gown. A fairy gave her a wand that she uses to move colored blocks around a field. Hay blocks the way sometimes and you have to navigate around it. Crushing same colored blocks gives you spells you can use during levels to help you advance. When you finish a level, you go through a door portal to the next.
The antagonist is (I think) an evil wizard who controls ink and wants all colors gone.

In one level he can make it rain ink and glue the blocks to the ground. The logo of the game had a ladybug in it(Not sure about this though). I played the game around 2006-2012, but I think it was made earlier.

CyberGirls:
Hello all !

I'm looking for the name of this game i was playing on my first Windows 95 computer (pentium 133) when i was a kid. I launched this game on DOS if my memory is good.
It was a kind of a top-down team shooter game (view a bit like Commandos or Portal if i remember good) where you could play either a team of armed (with guns, not sword) futuristic girl in a world of men (so all ennemy were men) or you could play a team of armed futuristic men in a world of women (so all ennemy were women). Yes, this game was totally sexist but it was so cool with very cool gameplay and graphics.
i had only a shareware and the level was a city and the last ennemy of the level were robots / mechas.

Thanks for any help !

Probably Gender Wars. =)

Midwoka:

CyberGirls:
Hello all !

Thanks for any help !

Probably Gender Wars. =)

YAY !!!!! It is this game ! Thanks ? lot ! =)))))

yutz:
I have been looking for a game for a few years now. Will try this site.

You played as a bar that was rotating. You had to collect suns that were the same color as you. You changed color after collecting the suns. Also when you collected them they exclaimed "yeah". Played this in the late 90's early 2000's. please help.

The only game I know of where you play as a rotating bar is Kuru Kuru Kururin, so if that isn't it, maybe you could try to find a list of games similar to it?

I was playing in 1999 a game or earlier a game on pc to care animal in house and if i didn't care 1 day he died. and was a virtual animal.

Hi all.

I'm looking for an old graphic adventure game (I think) that i really don't remember a lot about. What i do recall is it was about fishing. I remember needing to get gloves to get some sort of fish or possibly shellfish out of shallow water by hand, and there was a need to get deep sea poles to get further into the game. It was probably made sometime in the 90s. I know it's really vague but it has been driving me nuts for a long time now.

Hi all.

I'm looking for an old graphic adventure game (I think) that i really don't remember a lot about. What i do recall is it was about fishing. I remember needing to get gloves to get some sort of fish or possibly shellfish out of shallow water by hand, and there was a need to get deep sea poles to get further into the game. It was probably made sometime in the 90s. I know it's really vague but it has been driving me nuts for a long time now.

This game is like Breakout.It was created before 2009.And it has good particle effect. Some stage of it have special bricks that if you break the brick , it will increase the amount of the ball , extend or micrify the board you control .There are other special brick like you have to hit it twice or the brick you have to hit its top and you can't hit its bottom because it has armor.

Guys im new here, i come to find this forum because im mad of searching 1 of old games i ever played when i was in elemetary. Please help me :')

Clue : Its from at least 15 years ago, pc platform (maybe). Its a dungeon crawler, maybe a rogue-like.
All i can remember is we first start at a castle theme, the game is 2d and NOT a 1st person view like doom etc.
We can move in 4 directions, we can level up, we gain exp from fighting the monster around which i remembered cannot respawn. We fight monster/enemy by moving and clash with them. The battle seems auto, it just show an animation of clashing and show the damage we dealt and received every turn.
We might get a potion to heal our self. The interesting part was there is some door that we can open only by collecting keys. But we can just choose which door to open first.

If im not wrong we get a sword after the first fight, and later we can get a shield. The first enemy is like a slime ball. We can see enemy's level when its visible. There is some wall that we can walk through (secret passage).

Since i played it in my friend's house, i only get to play it that day. I want to play it again so badly, i wanna finish that game xD
Wish you guys can help me to clear the game from 15-20+ years ago. Already googling it but cant find it

Thank before!

It's this old business tycoon from the 90s where you started in the early 1900s (maybe the 20s?) and had to fill a town's street with shops (restaurant, jewelry, shopping mall, etc), except in other streets some shops would perform better than others (jewelry sold more in rich neighborhoods, per example). Over time you'd advance in years (60s, 70s, 80s up to I think "futuristic" 2000s) and as you did, you'd unlock new kinds of shops, upgrades for 'em, some shops would lose popularity and you could even spread your empire to other streets of town. It had a pretty good depth for such an old game, and I'd like to play it again sometimes.

Well Let me try this again.

I remember playing a game and you can only move left to right. It revolves around a girl that tries to beat the light. But first you need be master in dark arts. It has weird vibe in it.

Help me identify this game so i can sleep peacefully again LOL

Mrs.kindle:
It was a puzzle game. We play as a little girl with brown hair. She was wearing a blue-ish gown. A fairy gave her a wand that she uses to move colored blocks around a field. Hay blocks the way sometimes and you have to navigate around it. Crushing same colored blocks gives you spells you can use during levels to help you advance. When you finish a level, you go through a door portal to the next.
The antagonist is (I think) an evil wizard who controls ink and wants all colors gone.

In one level he can make it rain ink and glue the blocks to the ground. The logo of the game had a ladybug in it(Not sure about this though). I played the game around 2006-2012, but I think it was made earlier.

Oh, and it's basically sokoban with magic.

Sitapeldik:
It was a strategy game, an RTS. I remember doing the tutorial and you had one sword user, it was called either a "squire" or an "apprentice". If you killed enough enemies with one unit, the unit would upgrade... I can't remember if it was automatic or manual upgrading. There were bow users in the game aswell and you had buildings where you can recruit the weakest unit of that type, but if you upgraded the building it could produce the stronger varient, that you could obtain by fighting.

I remember one level starting out with you having your base and immediately getting attacked by the enemies, you would have one have one hunter and a few squires(?), you could also have magic users, one who could do telepathy or telekinesis(that was the lvl 2 variant of the magic user. I played it around 2003-2005.

Units that evolve as you indicate, it looks like "Disciple Sacred Land 1", however the game is turn-based.

https://youtu.be/upoddavxSzo?list=PLilbJDNQruR-WvqENhdDQ5K0mum4flq_6&t=2

Hello all!

I've been looking for a minigame, around the end of 90s, the opening scene was a yellow man climbs up a pillar, cartoon style.

You can use 4 arrow keys to block objects (water balloons, later planets and meteorites) flying at you.

Water balloons have color, by collecting and wearing a karate style belt with a specific color you can be immune to balloons of that color.

It seems the name had "Kung fu" in it.

Thanks a lot!

Platform: Arcade
Genre: sidescroller - platform - adventure - 2D
Estimated year of release: end of the 80s
Notable characters: As I remember, the main character was kind of a knight, but he was round... or his shield was round. In my memory it looked like a armadillo.
Notable gameplay mechanics: the shield was the main item and it was possible to hold the shield in any direction to protect from attacks (probably throwing knives).
Other details: The first stage was too dark, looked like a cave or something like this and the shield was color purple.
Observation: it is NOT -> Black Tiger, Rastan, Rygar

Thank you guys!

Hi. For a couple of weeks i'm trying to remember a game that was/ is on facebook in which you have a lab and you create monster, creatures, aliens, something like that by crossing 2 DNA's from another 2 different creatures.And after that you can put them to fight with another alien. I can't remember the name. Maybe anyone can help me? Thank you in advance!

(sorry for the bad english)

Ok, so I remember playing this one 2D game years ago. Probably 5-8 years ago. Pretty sure it was an online flash game. From what I remember, it had a pixel art style, and you started in some kind of underground bunker. You go up and you're in a village surrounded by wood on the left and right sides. There was a crash in some nearby ruins and it looked like a meteorite crashed into it. You go through the ruins, beating enemies and doing some parkour, and find a boss where the 'meteorite' landed. When you beat the boss, you go back and talk to somebody, and somebody else sells you a scroll of rolling, allowing you to roll under the perimeter around the starting village. You go to different towns, trying to solve NPCs' problems and beat bosses.
In one town, there was a person who had amnesia, and you have to show that person a ring you have. They say something like "You're one of Nana's kids, aren't you?" when you restore their memory with the ring or bracelet or whatever it was. That is literally the only quote I remember from the whole game, though there was one part where you're in a guards' barracks and one guard talks about how he feels great after moving to the bottom bunks because all the hot air was going up and making him sweat, and another one talks about how it feels great after he moved to the top bunks because all the cold air was going down and making him cold.
I think the first boss you encounter in the ruins was some kind of mechanical construct and looked pretty futuristic. Also just remembered, the bosses were kinda similar to the bosses in Yoshi's Woolly World, as in, you beat the stage and you fall into a big room with no escape, a platform for you to stand on and a boss trying to kill you.

EDIT: just remembered some more. Pretty sure main character had pink hair, the reason they went on this adventure was because the people in the village were abducted. The word 'utopia' rings a bell when I try to think about the title.

Hi! So back in the 2000?s, I used to play this computer game. It was like Brick Breaker, where you had a ball and you had to bounce it off to break the bricks. But it also had more features to it. I remember one feature that let you create a level for yourself however you wanted. If you know of this game, please tell me!

Hi! So back in the 2000's, I used to play this computer game. It was like Brick Breaker, where you had a ball and you had to bounce it off to break the bricks. But it also had more features to it. I remember one feature that let you create a level for yourself however you wanted. Ignore you know of this game, please tell me!

Double post...

Double post...

As I recall, it was puzzle style, point click, for PC, you started in a kind of open pit, do not remember many elements of the map, remember that your character came naked, and took a thong, to get out of the hole , you collected a cipo, went to the tree that was in the hole and used as a form of sling to get out.

I do not know for sure, but I think I had a pirate themed, trip to the past (I can not remember for sure I could be traveling). The character found a ladder, and kept an entire ladder inside the clothing, which you found more ahead in the course of the story.

It is a game that came in those box that was bought in banking many years ago, I do not remember the distributor.

I would like to find this game, I played as a kid but, I did not have fluency in English, and I did not understand anything that was going on, I would like to play today to know the history of a game that intrigued me 14 years ago (I'm 22). and which seems to me as peculiar as they can see.

Any track already helps me.

EDIT: I think it fits in the genre (adventure game) It looks like being from the 90's, something in the Kings Quests style.

I remember something red on the cover (I think it was a Bandana)

There's a game I remember playing but have no clue of the name. I remember being first introduced to it through a commercial on TV, on the commercial the game's mascot, I remember a squirrel like creature, introduced all the game's mechanics such as owning and decorating a house and playing as a character. The game was an online platformer kind of game that you needed to download off your PC to play. When you get on you got to pick a starting character. I remember two different kinds of characters: A normal human kind and a small yet big headed fairy like kind (although I don't think they were fairies). I would always pick this normal, human, brunette, girl that wore, I believe, a red tank top shirt, shorts, and maybe had a backpack. When getting in the game you would enter this big field with shops and structures around. I remember if you turn to your right (probably) there would be a big barn like structure with pets, I only remember the dogs, that you could adopt and they'd follow you around like a side kick. I also remember constantly going to some sort of goldmine and fighting a monster or something in there. The goldmine was a little off right of the barn and when you'd enter, it would have to load and bring you to the inside. This game should be around 2008 to 2012 probably, I remember playing Disney's Pixie Hollow online game as a kid at the same time of this game if that helps.

There's a game I remember playing but have no clue of the name. I remember being first introduced to it through a commercial on TV, on the commercial the game's mascot, I remember a squirrel like creature, introduced all the game's mechanics such as owning and decorating a house and playing as a character. The game was an online platformer kind of game that you needed to download off your PC to play. When you get on you got to pick a starting character. I remember two different kinds of characters: A normal human kind and a small yet big headed fairy like kind (although I don't think they were fairies). I would always pick this normal, human, brunette, girl that wore, I believe, a red tank top shirt, shorts, and maybe had a backpack. When getting in the game you would enter this big field with shops and structures around. I remember if you turn to your right (probably) there would be a big barn like structure with pets, I only remember the dogs, that you could adopt and they'd follow you around like a side kick. I also remember constantly going to some sort of goldmine and fighting a monster or something in there. The goldmine was a little off right of the barn and when you'd enter, it would have to load and bring you to the inside. This game should be around 2008 to 2012 probably, I remember playing Disney's Pixie Hollow online game as a kid at the same time of this game if that helps.

I remember playing a game, it was on an LG phone, it was already there (not downloaded) and then you had to tap little yellow balls at the right time, then you have to fight bosses

Hello!

I have this game in mind and was wondering if anyone could help out. I remember that the cover for the game CD was a guy standing with a weapon where it could have possibly been a minigun. He was accompanied by a female. As we begin to play the game, it is set in a destroyed apocalyptic and you start with a pistol walking into a destroyed hospital/lab where you can see rats being observed under a microscope whilst being cut open right down the middle of the chest cavity. You find a female that helps you out to progress and the enemies are either doctors or people with hazmat suits. That is as much as I can remember. Please if anyone can help me, I would much appreciate it.

Thanks! :)

Hello,
I'm trying to think of this old PC game I used to play. It's set in a sort of medieval fantasy because I think I remember there being a wizard that I had to talk to. It starts you off as a kid that discovers a crashed alien ship after you were running from this bully. Then I think the alien asks you to find several others like himself that are there to destroy the planet or something like that. The aliens are the only scfy stuff in it I believe; the rest is magic, swords, that stuff. I think I remember your character growing up after this act. Old school, over-head graphics I think. It changed views when fighting but I don't remember in what way. I remember that the first fight you get in is with that bully and he has this thick branch of a tree (like a club) and your fighting him with a smaller branch (like a sword). I would have been playing it sometime around 2008-2011 but I don't think it was a new game at the time. Any ideas?

Reposting this from a few years ago.

Looking for two games: One was a game I remember downloading on AOL in the 90s, the other was one I played in school.

The first took place on a chessboard-type playing space. Each player represented a certain element --- fire, earth, wind, plants, water, etc. You could capture your own pieces and build more powerful pieces by capturing weaker pieces (your own or your enemies). There was a single-player mode where you progressed to increasingly harder levels and also multiplayer mode. One of my favorite games from the 90s and I can't remember its name at all!

The other was an educational game I played in school around the same time. You were trying to get a pizza delivery via a skateboard to a certain destination, and you could pick different routes with different risks. Each time your character took a part of the route, a live-action video would play showing what happened to your character on the way. It was part of the CCC (Computer Curriculum Corporation) suite of games I think, but I can't remember its name.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here