Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 NEXT

I posted earlier and no one answered, but I found the song that played constantly in the game I can't remember the name of! I tried searching the song itself, but it's royalty free music that has apparently been used a LOT. None of the games that came up seemed to match. The song was this:

From what I remember of the game, it was this old browser game, either free browser game or free download, kind of steampunk-ish setting, I think had a single word title with either a mis- or un- prefix? Anyway, it had rpg elements with stats, with parts of text with choices with skill checks and other sections in a 3d maze, I think randomly generated, with enemies to get through? The maze sections looked really old-school. Like the old Windows 95 maze screensaver. I want to say your character had an aunt that was involved with the plot, but I'm not sure.

Sorry about not updating too much. I managed to gather some info on some of the games from here and other places. So I thank those here who have helped me out. Anyway, the games I've found out about (with some I haven't asked about on here) so far are R-Type Delta, Damage Incorporated, Power Shovel, and Rascal.

The ones I have still not found out about are:

Anyway, thank again, and happy hunting if you choose to look.

- Michael

cristyro:

Mimoa:

cristyro:

Police Quest?
Police Quest: In Pursuit of the Death Angel started with a car accident: https://youtu.be/pS6SutfeDEU?t=13m33s

No it is not. Graphic was better 2000-2006? It was like: Kings road, Zelda-Ocarina if time or League of legends. Not in details but the style of rendering - "painted or anime" - cannot find the english word.

Cartoonish/cartoony art style? Handcrafted/handmade look? Western fantasy style?

Cartoony art style is the closest one. The year must be around 2000 ?... League of legend is closest to colors and render, but 20 years ago. Hud was clasic: I think 4 quick spells mana and life bars in the bottom center. The style was like: RAD Soldiers.

Hey guys, I remember playing this game as a kid where you had to defend earth from asteroids and other things using a spaceship that could circle around earth, also you could upgrade earth by adding certain constructions on the surface of the planet.

The background was always the planet(earth) with the small ship circling around it, but there were multiple levels to the game.

I remember that I used to play this game around 10 years ago, online, it was a very small PC game, I used to play it on a website.

Please help !

Ners:

Ners:

Ners:
So, can't remember a game, it was some sort of action/shooter based. No close known timeframes but I used to play it on a WinXP machine around 2009 perhaps? +/- couple of years, likely older.
After a couple of clicks through the main menus (red-black themed, some pictures and an intro/cutscene I think) you show up as an armored person/soldier in some sort of a valley surrounded with another few soldiers, each having a different set of weapons I think. You could individually control each unit. The main theme color of the game overall was red, like red-orange-yellow(?) and any shades around those, it was literally all red-shaded. From the grounds and grass up to the skies as well, except soldier units, those were black and structures(?) those were more grayish.
The surroundings were kind of like steppes, low steppe-like grass, lots of tiny hills and valleys covered in grass and some larger mountains in the horizont, felt like a desert.
Moving some further you'd encounter some enemy units and some flags waving around, or was it some poles? Can't recall, but it definitely was something alike. Eventually you'd end up finding some kind of conctrete/metal structure/bridge(?) up on a huge hill and few trees around which were similar to those of GTA SA, huge&high, they were also scattered around the fields but nothing in large amounts.
This is the further I came and that's all I get to remember, guess there was some mission to be done but as a kid back then and with lack of english knowledge, it wasn't something I went after and likely the reason I can't remember what it was about, it's mostly visual memories.
Anyone got a clue what I'm talking about?

B. U. M. P. Anyone?

BUMP!

BUMP!
In case someone knows.

Hi, I'm trying to find a game I saw in a magazine and I want to play it.

I'm pretty sure it came out BEFORE year 2000. I'm not sure but I think it was for either PC or PS1.

You are some sort of gangster and you just got out of jail. You need money so you go back to breakin into houses and stealing stuff. The game was 3D, cartoony and apparently funny.

The first level or so, you had to break into the house of an old lady and steal her piggy bank or something like that. In the later levels you could recruit partners and a bring a whole gang to help you break in and rob a bank.

The game was part adventure, part stealth. There was no violence.

It might have been a german game, but I'm sure here.

Good try, but nope. It was a PC game. I remember it being 3d, female protagonist I think.

RelativityMan:

borednreadingyermind:
Hi everyone.

I've got a tough one for you.

There are two games from my childhood that I've forgotten, but would love to play again.

The first was a post-apocalyptic RTS. Set after a nuclear holocaust. It had an interesting mechanic whereby at least one, possibly all, of the factions had to keep their units near food dumps in order for them to maintain their health. Basically same resource gathering system as Age of empires, but you had to feed your troops. I think the same faction also had access to mutated bear-riding cavalry, which I remember being hilarious.

The other game is a bit trickier. It was a fantasy RPG, or third-person action-adventure game. I forget if you had a team of companions or not. What I do remember was these enemies you had to fight. Big grey troll-monkey things. Lived in tribes. They'd charge out of the woods at you (camera angle was top-down, so from the sides of the screen, basically) and just when they began their charge they would make this deep ''Kurr'' or ''Krr'' sound. I think they were called ''Kull'' in-game, but I could be wrong. Think it had undead enemies too, but I can't remember.

Don't know about the first game, but could the second one have been Alundra? The grey monkey creatures would be the Murgg, or their giant leader Zazan.

Good try but nope. I remember it being a 3D PC game. Female protagonist, I think. The years for both would have probably been 2000-2001. Maybe a bit later.

Found the RTS game. It was KKND.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so thank you in advance for any and all help.

I am going to try to describe this game as best as I remember it. I had rented this fantasy action adventure game for the ps1 almost 20 years ago; I think it had more than one disc, but I am not sure. The first level was inside some kind of flying type machine/vehicle where you had to fight your way through it. Afterwards you ended up in this town/village where you could talk to NPCs, and eventually you teamed up with some girl/princess type character.

At later parts of the game the same girl/princess was kidnapped and taken to some kind of castle which you had to infiltrate and go through some old underground mines. Your character used a sword and maybe magic but I am not certain on the latter. I also remember some puzzle/platforming elements. I never got to finish the game cause I had to return it, but it has always stuck with me cause it was the first fantasy/story based game where I was fully able to understand the plot ( I must have been 7-8 years old). It always reminded me of something between Ocarina of Time and maybe the first Dark Cloud.

Any help? Thanks again!

Funny enough as I was looking at some earlier posts someone mentioned Alundra as a possible answer for a game borednreadingyermind was asking. I googled it and I am pretty sure the game I am looking for is Alundra 2: A New Legend Begins
:D

An old pc board game, cartoonish, monopaly-game of life like-ish. You can buy oil, cole, gold, silver, nickel etc. Remember granny as a character, there are many more, at least 4 characters/players, all on cars! :3

Marco Schuldes:
Hi, I'm trying to find a game I saw in a magazine and I want to play it.

I'm pretty sure it came out BEFORE year 2000. I'm not sure but I think it was for either PC or PS1.

You are some sort of gangster and you just got out of jail. You need money so you go back to breakin into houses and stealing stuff. The game was 3D, cartoony and apparently funny.

The first level or so, you had to break into the house of an old lady and steal her piggy bank or something like that. In the later levels you could recruit partners and a bring a whole gang to help you break in and rob a bank.

The game was part adventure, part stealth. There was no violence.

It might have been a german game, but I'm sure here.

Yep, almost, it's actually an Austrian game, hehe.
"Der Clou! 2" (2001), aka "The Sting!".

Hello All! I am trying to remember a Japanese game on PS1, but to no results hence my post hoping someone remembers it.
You play as a team of Snowman like character(3 if im not wrong, and you could customise their color as well). You can equip them with different parts and weapon, and fight with a opponent with their team as well. It plays like a tatical RPG. Hope its enough information.

Hello! I've posted this before but no one has found it so far and I've been looking for this for 6 months now :(

I played this game on a demo CD which was from either late 90's or early 2000. The game was 3D, in this game you played as a red ball/oval shaped creature with a pointy needle on the bottom of their body. You would play either against 3 bots or other players and your goal was to color as much square tiles in your own color by the end of the timer.

Now, in order to color tiles you had to completely draw a line around the square and when you did that the tile would flip over and change to your color. Enemy players could also steal your colored tiles by going around the edges and turn them into their color. You weren't limited to only 1 square, all squares within the line would turn into your color when you connected the end of the drawing line, but if I remember correctly this could be interrupted somehow so going for a lot of tiles at once was risky. The game also had items but that mode wasn't available for me since it was a demo.

Edit: One level I remember very clearly was a donut shaped level in space

Here's a simple drawing from memory if that might help: https://imgur.com/a/Uh3HOdK

Hello! so, I've been searching for an old adventure game for a while, but can't seem to remember enough details to narrow down the name. I'm just going off a few disjointed things i remember about it, but I can't be certain if i'm not accidentally mixing details. but, here goes:

so it was an old adventure game, I want to say somewhere in the 90s. fairly dark, from what I can remember

I can remember something about having a talking lantern or something in your inventory

there were these weird portals in the game that took you different places, like the middle of new york, and to the surface of mars. if you went to mars, the talking thing in your inventory would remark "why are you turning blue?" before you died.

I'm not sure if this is a mixed up detail or not, but there was something about paying a skeleton to ride across a river.

probably the thing that jumps out at me the most was remembering these machines in the game that would flatten you into a sort of disk or can or something, then send you somewhere else before you'd uncompress. I think the compressing machines had something to do with the portals i mentioned earlier, but i really can't be certain....

can anyone think of anything? many thanks up front for any guesses, i'm completely stumped.

Slegiar Dryke:
Hello! so, I've been searching for an old adventure game for a while, but can't seem to remember enough details to narrow down the name. I'm just going off a few disjointed things i remember about it, but I can't be certain if i'm not accidentally mixing details. but, here goes:

so it was an old adventure game, I want to say somewhere in the 90s. fairly dark, from what I can remember

I can remember something about having a talking lantern or something in your inventory

there were these weird portals in the game that took you different places, like the middle of new york, and to the surface of mars. if you went to mars, the talking thing in your inventory would remark "why are you turning blue?" before you died.

I'm not sure if this is a mixed up detail or not, but there was something about paying a skeleton to ride across a river.

probably the thing that jumps out at me the most was remembering these machines in the game that would flatten you into a sort of disk or can or something, then send you somewhere else before you'd uncompress. I think the compressing machines had something to do with the portals i mentioned earlier, but i really can't be certain....

can anyone think of anything? many thanks up front for any guesses, i'm completely stumped.

Pretty sure it's Zork: Grand Inquisitor. =)

Midwoka:

Pretty sure it's Zork: Grand Inquisitor. =)

holy crap! that's it! the Totemizers! that's what i was remembering the most! Thanks a million! ^vvvvv^

in this game i remember that i was landing on some strange planet as blue guy whos looking like a human but hes just blue.He has a gun,backpack,pants,shoes,helmet,and that it i think.It's 3th person game and u r shooting other players.I remember that in game u can place your gun on floor and it is becoming a turret that can shoot.there is so big vehicle ,planes,tanks and other things.

Jekic Danijel:
in this game i remember that i was landing on some strange planet as blue guy whos looking like a human but hes just blue.He has a gun,backpack,pants,shoes,helmet,and that it i think.It's 3th person game and u r shooting other players.I remember that in game u can place your gun on floor and it is becoming a turret that can shoot.there is so big vehicle ,planes,tanks and other things.

This has to be "Rogue Trooper" (2006).

I have one, it was a PC puzzle game like Myst. The only thing I remember about it was at the beginning it did a numerology thing on your name and your birthdate, gave you a sign (I remember one was Snowbird), and then it gave you your past lives.

Sparse I know, but that's all i remember.

Hey guys! Does anyone remember a fighting game from the late 90s or early 00s, fully 3D, rather dark, where the training ground looked like a gridded box? I don't remember anything else, unfortunately :(

Here's a doozy because I remember so little details.
Game was likely pre-1990. I believe it was on a computer, possibly Amiga. I remember the story being about a kid who the instruction manual names "B. Rick" (or some variation of "Brick") and the game was about him navigating levels that have a series of different strength walls that would need to be destroyed, or built by Rick to avoid and trap monsters.
I seem to recall that dynamite was involved... but I'm not certain on most of these details honestly.
Someone once asked me if it was the game Rick Dangerous, and I don't think that's it?
The only detail I remember was the "Brick" name variation for the main character. Just because I remember someone saying "oh that was clever".

Any thoughts guys? Sorry. I know this is a tough one.

Shawnacy:
Here?s a doozy because I remember so little details.
Game was likely pre-1990. I believe it was on a computer, possibly Amiga. I remember the story being about a kid who the instruction manual names ?B. Rick? (or some variation of ?Brick?) and the game was about him navigating levels that have a series of different strength walls that would need to be destroyed, or built by Rick to avoid and trap monsters.
I seem to recall that dynamite was involved... but I?m not certain on most of these details honestly.
Someone once asked me if it was the game Rick Dangerous, and I don?t think that?s it?
The only detail I remember was the ?Brick? name variation for the main character. Just because I remember someone saying ?oh that was clever?.

That'd be A Mazing World of Malcom Mortar (you play as B. Rick; Malcom is the lead monster). =)

Midwoka:

Shawnacy:
Here?s a doozy because I remember so little details.
Game was likely pre-1990. I believe it was on a computer, possibly Amiga. I remember the story being about a kid who the instruction manual names ?B. Rick? (or some variation of ?Brick?) and the game was about him navigating levels that have a series of different strength walls that would need to be destroyed, or built by Rick to avoid and trap monsters.
I seem to recall that dynamite was involved... but I?m not certain on most of these details honestly.
Someone once asked me if it was the game Rick Dangerous, and I don?t think that?s it?
The only detail I remember was the ?Brick? name variation for the main character. Just because I remember someone saying ?oh that was clever?.

That'd be A Mazing World of Malcom Mortar (you play as B. Rick; Malcom is the lead monster). =)

That must be it. Thanks for finding that for me. It's funny how I remember it having far better graphics.

Back in time, i played a racing game on PS2. It was really similar to flatout but it was different like there was many racers unlike flatout in flatout you race with 8 others. But in that game you race with 20+ players/npcs i believe. It had battle area like flatout too i remember im not sure tho. It was really fun racing game. Anyone knows name of it?

Hello guys, may be you can help me)
I want to find a game from my childhood )
This was FPS for PC ~1998-2003 years.
I remember that you was begining at the night near or at the red cave, those were terrorist, that you must to kill. Start weapon were a sniper rifle, pistol and knive. I remember that you was dieing from one or two shoots, maybe the health was in form of green-->range-->red soldier.
Sorry, I know that is not a lot of information, but it's all that I rebember..(
However - thank you!)

Are you sure that game where the police chase you isn't Einhander? 'Cause you perfectly described the first level. Here is a link to make sure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwOgtnSxK0U. That woman you described is at 4:06.

MichaelK91:

Sorry about not updating too much. I managed to gather some info on some of the games from here and other places. So I thank those here who have helped me out. Anyway, the games I've found out about (with some I haven't asked about on here) so far are R-Type Delta, Damage Incorporated, Power Shovel, and Rascal.

The ones I have still not found out about are:

Anyway, thank again, and happy hunting if you choose to look.

- Michael

I played game when i was young its a from saga/Sega Genesis game/or some kind of acarde game I remember the game stars out with a guy jumping out of tall building and first level is your in the streets and u have fight with is hands and feet. U first fight one cop then after that 2 cops after you one on each side. This all i remember cuz when it came to the 2 cops fighting me one each side i got creamed every time. If any nos of this game please tell me I would like out it ends by watching it on the comuper or place were i can replay it again. Thanks

CryingLung:
I can't remember exactly when I played this game, i think approximately around 1998-99. Not very very old game, it was demo for PC, can't remember the name. About some elf - or wizard, I'm sure it had green hood and crossbow - or simple bow and arrow (it's not Zelda); 2D, looked like arcade, bird's-eye view, closed world, colorful... great paved hall, pillars... character moving in all directions, firing arrows, killing monsters (spiders I recall), collecting potions (not sure for what purpose) and keys to get in closed areas by pulling down the walls... It may be bad game, don't know, but I really want to find it because of strong nostalgic feeling. Appreciate any help, thanks!

I posted this long time ago, maybe there is someone who would know about this game.

I have another request: game looks very similar to Heretic, it is medieval-magic sort of thing, you are in some kind of castle, which is kind of open-world. There is crossbow if I remember correctly (apparently I have thing about crossbows) :D, there are potions which can be obtained from vendor trader, weapons too. I don't recall any monsters or strong violence as it was in Heretic. What i remember most about the game is that there is peaceful areas but you can trigger hostile behavior by shooting, and in that case traders would close themselves up and guards will shoot at you.

CryingLung:

CryingLung:
I can't remember exactly when I played this game, i think approximately around 1998-99. Not very very old game, it was demo for PC, can't remember the name. About some elf - or wizard, I'm sure it had green hood and crossbow - or simple bow and arrow (it's not Zelda); 2D, looked like arcade, bird's-eye view, closed world, colorful... great paved hall, pillars... character moving in all directions, firing arrows, killing monsters (spiders I recall), collecting potions (not sure for what purpose) and keys to get in closed areas by pulling down the walls... It may be bad game, don't know, but I really want to find it because of strong nostalgic feeling. Appreciate any help, thanks!

I posted this long time ago, maybe there is someone who would know about this game.

I have another request: game looks very similar to Heretic, it is medieval-magic sort of thing, you are in some kind of castle, which is kind of open-world. There is crossbow if I remember correctly (apparently I have thing about crossbows) :D, there are potions which can be obtained from vendor trader, weapons too. I don't recall any monsters or strong violence as it was in Heretic. What i remember most about the game is that there is peaceful areas but you can trigger hostile behavior by shooting, and in that case traders would close themselves up and guards will shoot at you.

The underrated and almost forgotten "Strife" (1996) would be the closest coming into mind.

Mimoa:

cristyro:

Mimoa:

No it is not. Graphic was better 2000-2006? It was like: Kings road, Zelda-Ocarina if time or League of legends. Not in details but the style of rendering - "painted or anime" - cannot find the english word.

Cartoonish/cartoony art style? Handcrafted/handmade look? Western fantasy style?

Cartoony art style is the closest one. The year must be around 2000 ?... League of legend is closest to colors and render, but 20 years ago. Hud was clasic: I think 4 quick spells mana and life bars in the bottom center. The style was like: RAD Soldiers.

Found it: Sanity: Aikens Artifact

Hey, this is quite the shot in the dark but i hope anyone knows about this game.

Its a FPS horde survival game (demons, and other weird creatures) and the name sounds something like ".. in hell" but it isnt "No more room in hell".

There are 2 maps that i remember, one of them being placed on a old town (gas statio thingy?) that on top of the gas station there was a Grenade Launcher to pick up, and the second one was on some mine shafts where you could actually fall into a pit of lava.

I remember playing a game that was kinda like clash of clans but instead of people you used these little orange aliens dressed in white and your enemy is dark purple and its a strategy game thinks its only on pc

Pages PREV 1 . . . 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here