Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 NEXT

I remember playing a game that was kinda like clash of clans but instead of people you used these little orange aliens dressed in white and your enemy is dark purple and its a strategy game thinks its only on pc

I played a game on pc where you played as a guy with black hair and a bright blue suit of armor
you explored large grey warehouse looking areas and killed bright green aliens with big heads
it was a third person shooter
please help me figure out what game it was

Anako:
Hey guys! Does anyone remember a fighting game from the late 90s or early 00s, fully 3D, rather dark, where the training ground looked like a gridded box? I don't remember anything else, unfortunately :(

Try Last Bronx. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUcj6a70POk

Hello everyone. Does everyone or anyone know a PC mmo shooting game from around year 2005?There are also meny kinds of guns such as minigun, dual pistol, 4-barrel rocket launcher and etc. Your character is hovering a board, together with many other players, shooting against bosses and mobs. One of most memorable map is where everyone starts from the graveyard and goes into the basement of the castle fighting against a Vampire Boss.

Found the first game: Heavy Metal (1989) by Access Software.

https://youtu.be/8448U6rcNsc

Plucky_Jack:
Thank God for this forum! Need help to identify these two PC games, it's been driving me nuts for some time now.

1. PC DOS game, circa late 80s or early 90s. EGA Graphics. It's a shooter game where you play as a tank commander or a turret commander and you're shooting at the screen using a movable crosshair (like Operation Wolf only the screen doesn't move, it's static background scenery). Your targets are waves of tanks and trucks and jets. Your main weapon is a machine gun (I think shift key was the fire button) and you can also fire missiles at the jets. You use the keypad to move the crosshairs and I think a lock-on square targeting reticle appears around the enemy jets. I recall the graphics were fairly crisp for that era (sprites). The game has no plot, just shooting at waves of enemies until your tank or turret is damaged and eventually destroyed.

That's all I can remember. Thanks in anticipation for your help!

Hey! I am looking for a game I played as a kid.. am about 7/8 years ago? I dont remember much, you were "something"(cant remember) and you jumped (walked?) up the tower from bottom to the sky, always getting higher and higher.. when you were going up you were collecting keys and unlocking something . I remember a lot of colours... and it was a tower and it was changing, the more you went up the more different it became.. and there were things you would step/jump on.. plz help cant sleep! Thanks

Plucky_Jack:
Found the first game: Heavy Metal (1989) by Access Software.

https://youtu.be/8448U6rcNsc

Plucky_Jack:
Thank God for this forum! Need help to identify these two PC games, it's been driving me nuts for some time now.

1. PC DOS game, circa late 80s or early 90s. EGA Graphics. It's a shooter game where you play as a tank commander or a turret commander and you're shooting at the screen using a movable crosshair (like Operation Wolf only the screen doesn't move, it's static background scenery). Your targets are waves of tanks and trucks and jets. Your main weapon is a machine gun (I think shift key was the fire button) and you can also fire missiles at the jets. You use the keypad to move the crosshairs and I think a lock-on square targeting reticle appears around the enemy jets. I recall the graphics were fairly crisp for that era (sprites). The game has no plot, just shooting at waves of enemies until your tank or turret is damaged and eventually destroyed.

That's all I can remember. Thanks in anticipation for your help!

For the second game, have you looked at eg. "Muzzle Velocity" (1995) or "Red Ghost" (1996)?
Those were strategy/FPS-hybrids.

(sorry for bad english). I'm looking for a pc game. You play with a mecha, and the mecha had a vehicle form too. I think the first mission you had other mechas with you, and you need to reach a escape launch, something like that, and there others mission where you play with the pilot. It's a PC game, fps like, but you shoot with ctrl (by default). I played this in 2006 i think, it was one of this game you get from magazines

EDIT: I found it, Shogo: Mobile Armor Division

Hi guys i hope you can help me out. I'm looking for a name of a game. I played it when I was younger on the Playstation 1. The game contained a adventurous game where you would be a angel or valkyrie like hero alongsided with a green goblin like creature with a trident I believe. You could play the game with two players at a time. It had various levels and boss fights I believe. I've been looking for hours for the name of the game. Another thing that stands me by is that it was part of a sort like pacman game inside a castle but I was just a kid so all of the memories are some kind of faded. Hope you guys can help me out!

Hello.

Platform: PS3

Genre:Fantasy, split screen multiplayer

Year: 2005-2009

I remember playing this game a few times at my buddies house, it was a combat game that featured tall amazonian archers or something, and it was split screen and the one map i remember was like a space zero gravity arena indoors, and we jumped around shooting at each other and there were other weapons and power ups placed around the entire map. Obviously that wasn't the only map but thats the one I remember the most. Ive tried looking for the name of this for a while, please help!

Hello, i played this game long loooong time ago and have no idea of the name's game, for pc, the camera looks like the old GTA games, and you can pick over a tank, a jeep or a hovercraft, there's no campaing is just select the map (or create one) and start killing the others.

I just had a memory return to me of playing a game on PC at least 10 years ago. I remember it was a rescue and fire fighting kind of game in a city, river, and other locations. Some things I distinctly remember:
1. A part where you race through a river full of obstacles as a rescue dolphin. (I guess the game had animals as well?)
2. A part where you drive around a city (maybe to find the fire? I'm only sure about the driving part)
3. Going into a museum of some sort that is breaking down or having a fire and rescuing people
4. You were playing as the members in a team of firefighter/rescuers.

I believe the game was 2D for the most part (with perspective still, but not an actual 3D engine). The game, I think, may have been a CD game. I've been searching intensely but still came up short. I would really appreciate some help!

So I was raiding one of my old hard drives for salvageable files and DOS stuff and found this in my QuikMenu icons file. My Dad and I made a bunch of icons for various games, and grabbed them out of various EXEs and such.

I know (and still have!) most of these, but one's escaping me - the square boxed one, four across two down. I remember the game; it was something like a circular Tetris (because everything was a Tetris ripoff back then - we're talking 1992-94-ish) where you had to spin the white thing in the middle while columns of blobs approached, and you had to form rings of those blue dots to get rid of them.

The icon is about as good a representation of it in 32x32 pixels as you're going to see. But I can't remember the name! Any takers? (If you're feeling bored, try and guess the rest too. ;) )

Renan Alencar:
Hello, i played this game long loooong time ago and have no idea of the name's game, for pc, the camera looks like the old GTA games, and you can pick over a tank, a jeep or a hovercraft, there's no campaing is just select the map (or create one) and start killing the others.

Red Alert A Path Beyond?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re5SK_4PrMI
If not, then maybe C&C:Tiberian Sun - Reborn? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te9rd6W9fQA
Or Command & Conquer:Renegade?

I guess no one knows the games i want :(

1. 6-7 years ago i played a old game in computer. Its like a strategy game but different, its based on WW2(im %80 sure)
You play the game from bird view. You can control 6-8(not sure) soldiers like you can give them orders i believe and you can select any soldier and make it move etc. There was a big forest and there were enemies there. You start in base then you go to the forest and attack with tactics etc. Also i think i played the demo because there was only one scenario/part and i was a kid back then so i cant even finish that scenario/part lol.

2.I remember playing a game on PS2, i dont remember much. It was a cop(detective?) game i guess. There were 2 characters, one was a black guy with afro hair(and orange clothes im not 100% sure about clothes) and i dont remember othe guy. You drive a car and chase the suspect or something like that like i said i cant remember it fully. But it was like chase/cop/detective game

3.Back in time, i played a racing game on PS2. It was really similar to flatout but it was different like there was many racers unlike flatout in flatout you race with 8 others. But in that game you race with 20+ players/npcs i believe. It had battle area like flatout too i remember im not sure tho. It was really fun racing game. Anyone knows name of it?

Hello,

I'm looking for an old 90s SNES game probably made in Japan. It was an action-adventure-beatemup and the style looked like the legend of mystical ninja.

I only remember its unique system and distinctive features. There were 2 main characters (I saw it being played in coop): a guy with dark blue hair and dark red robes, and a bald guy looking like a monk with a weird air gun/vacuum cleaner (never understood what that was).

The unique thing was, at the beginning of a level, they would grow in size and turn from mini-sprites to well-detailed anime characters for around 10 seconds, the more serious versions of them. It was also a power they could use as far as I remember.

The guy with the dark blue hair, when in his full sized version, could roll blue sphere-balls, kind of like bowling.

As far as I remember, the first level was in some medieval-fantasy-japan village setting and you could run on rooftops. YOu fought vs (ninjas?) that had skull masks (not sure about that)and were different colors, I remember blue and orange ones.

You could also go around and talk to various characters, buy things in shops after completed stages and there was a map so you could choose which stage to go to.

@AbrahamK2

1. Blitzkrieg? Or maybe you mean Praetorians? The medieval strategy game about Romans/Galls/Egyptians?
2. Could that be True Crime: New York City?
3. Burnout 3: Takedown?

Blueberry Rain:
I played a game on pc where you played as a guy with black hair and a bright blue suit of armor
you explored large grey warehouse looking areas and killed bright green aliens with big heads
it was a third person shooter
please help me figure out what game it was

Perhaps you mean Alien Shooter by Sigma team? It's an isometric shooter though, not exactly third person.

I remember playing a kind of racing game but it was happening on a table. As far as I remember items on the table made it like a parkour (like the spoon is like a barrier) not quite sure if we used cars or something else to race but that's what I can remember I used to play this game atleast 15 years ago or so. Please let me know if you know such a game. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I also cannot remember the name of another game which looks like Age of Empires but you could use scorpions as a fighting unit. Please let me know if you know this game too. (literally, not a name for technological units)

Hello,

I'm looking for an old 90s pc game, it was a 2D game. I remember it could be played by 2 players.
There are many levels in this game, and we can also choose to create a map.
I also remember that the background of the level seems to have many types, like rocks, forests, and wood.
In the game, player is a small character, and there will be some red ghosts or zombies (not sure) in the level.
We can shoot the ground to make holes (I'm pretty sure it's not digging).
Some levels even require the player to make some holes in the uppermost level and then fall down to the second level, then make some holes in the second level before the hole is filled, and repeatedly go down to get through).
Also, players can get some items in the levels (like gas gun or some strange sprayer? It can stop the ghosts moving while we shooting them, but they will not die, setting traps and it will hung up the ghosts, two different kinds of bombs, one is smaller and one is bigger, I remember one will be auto exploded and we can control the detonation of the other one.)
The other thing is that the inside of the level seems to have to get the key to open the door to the next level, which I'm a bit uncertain.

AbrahamK2:

1. 6-7 years ago i played a old game in computer. Its like a strategy game but different, its based on WW2(im %80 sure)
You play the game from bird view. You can control 6-8(not sure) soldiers like you can give them orders i believe and you can select any soldier and make it move etc. There was a big forest and there were enemies there. You start in base then you go to the forest and attack with tactics etc. Also i think i played the demo because there was only one scenario/part and i was a kid back then so i cant even finish that scenario/part lol.

2.I remember playing a game on PS2, i dont remember much. It was a cop(detective?) game i guess. There were 2 characters, one was a black guy with afro hair(and orange clothes im not 100% sure about clothes) and i dont remember othe guy. You drive a car and chase the suspect or something like that like i said i cant remember it fully. But it was like chase/cop/detective game

3.Back in time, i played a racing game on PS2. It was really similar to flatout but it was different like there was many racers unlike flatout in flatout you race with 8 others. But in that game you race with 20+ players/npcs i believe. It had battle area like flatout too i remember im not sure tho. It was really fun racing game. Anyone knows name of it?

1. Commandos men of courage?
3. That wouldn't happen to be Carmageddon, would it?

Leviosa:
I remember playing a kind of racing game but it was happening on a table. As far as I remember items on the table made it like a parkour (like the spoon is like a barrier) not quite sure if we used cars or something else to race but that's what I can remember I used to play this game atleast 15 years ago or so. Please let me know if you know such a game. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I also cannot remember the name of another game which looks like Age of Empires but you could use scorpions as a fighting unit. Please let me know if you know this game too. (literally, not a name for technological units)

1. I'll take a wild guess and say it could be Micro Machines V4 (for that matter, also check out Re-Volt, Micro Machines World Series and the modern interpretation of MM called Toybox Turbos).

2. Could be Krush, Kill N Destroy Xtreme.

cristyro:

AbrahamK2:

1. Commandos men of courage?
3. That wouldn't happen to be Carmageddon, would it?

1.Nope
3. Sadly no

I think im from another universe lol

Komi Kozovich:
Hello,

@AbrahamK2

1. Blitzkrieg? Or maybe you mean Praetorians? The medieval strategy game about Romans/Galls/Egyptians?

1. Yes! Finally, thanks its Blitzkrieg.
2. No
3. Im not sure

AbrahamK2:

Komi Kozovich:
Hello,

@AbrahamK2

1. Yes! Finally, thanks its Blitzkrieg.
2. No
3. Im not sure

Glad I was able to help! The third one could also be Destruction Derby Arenas! I think that's what you're looking for.

Trying to find the name of a game
90's point and click adventure style game
space/alien/robot themed
has that kings quest style of screen movement (click on the edge of the screen you want to go the direction of and the next screen loads)
believe you start the game in an empty room/jail cell/ holding cell/ crashed ship
you have to go around collecting items and completing puzzles similar to kings quest
either dos or early windows 3.1/95

Brian Tagtow:
space/alien/robot themed
has that kings quest style of screen movement (click on the edge of the screen you want to go the direction of and the next screen loads)
believe you start the game in an empty room/jail cell/ holding cell/ crashed ship
you have to go around collecting items and completing puzzles similar to kings quest

Since you mention King's Quest, could it perhaps be Space Quest?

It's not cartoon like. kind of a dark game with a serious feel to it. the planet you are on is uninhabited and there are lots of items to collect to solve puzzles.

KaiYLowell:

It's not cartoon like. kind of a dark game with a serious feel to it. the planet you are on is uninhabited and there are lots of items to collect to solve puzzles.

Brian Tagtow:

KaiYLowell:

I'm going to need some more info to try and narrow it down. Do you remember if it was open-world (you can go anywhere you like) or you have to unlock areas to get to them?

Brian Tagtow:
space/alien/robot themed

Bit of a random guess here, but maybe The Dig?

Hello Everyone
I have this really old game I used to play on windows XP ,I can't remember major details but I've been searching for it for a long period of time
here's the little description : When you join the game you pick between two characters 1 is a male with a big sword (Im not sure) and the other is a female (With a really thin sword) You start off the game (it's really dark and gory) a monster just pops out of a wooden door and breaks it open and you continue into this (dungeoun-like place) I remember also there was a fence gate outside next to a grave where you go to the second stage there're like bat sculptures on iron fences and gates
Pleasssssseeee if anybody knows reply to this or contact my discord DominateSyM #8018
EDIT:The ghost-like monsters have somewhat of terrifyingly annoying screams!
Thanks!

Ners:

Ners:
[quote="Ners" post="9.166417.24235814"][quote="Ners" post="9.166417.24233315"]So, can't remember a game, it was some sort of action/shooter based. No close known timeframes but I used to play it on a WinXP machine around 2009 perhaps? +/- couple of years, likely older.
After a couple of clicks through the main menus (red-black themed, some pictures and an intro/cutscene I think) you show up as an armored person/soldier in some sort of a valley surrounded with another few soldiers, each having a different set of weapons I think. You could individually control each unit. The main theme color of the game overall was red, like red-orange-yellow(?) and any shades around those, it was literally all red-shaded. From the grounds and grass up to the skies as well, except soldier units, those were black and structures(?) those were more grayish.
The surroundings were kind of like steppes, low steppe-like grass, lots of tiny hills and valleys covered in grass and some larger mountains in the horizont, felt like a desert.
Moving some further you'd encounter some enemy units and some flags waving around, or was it some poles? Can't recall, but it definitely was something alike. Eventually you'd end up finding some kind of conctrete/metal structure/bridge(?) up on a huge hill and few trees around which were similar to those of GTA SA, huge&high, they were also scattered around the fields but nothing in large amounts.
This is the further I came and that's all I get to remember, guess there was some mission to be done but as a kid back then and with lack of english knowledge, it wasn't something I went after and likely the reason I can't remember what it was about, it's mostly visual memories.
Anyone got a clue what I'm talking about?

BUMP!
In case someone knows.

you guys, quoted from above. this game I need to know, it was so fun.

Xavier Coulson:
I remember playing a game that was kinda like clash of clans but instead of people you used these little orange aliens dressed in white and your enemy is dark purple and its a strategy game thinks its only on pc

bumping in case anybody knows this one, I need it, thanks in advance

LeafRebel:

AWildL:
It was a game about a boy in his brother who I think lost their parents,and them trying to survive.The main protagonist had dark hair and his brother had white hair and light blue eyes.I remember some bigger scenes of the game,them selling a plane,being captured by the Spanish Inquisition,and eventually going I think Egypt for a cure for the brother with white hair,he started puking blood.I dont really remember the ending.
Any help would be appreciated.

Tales of Two Brothers or something? How long ago?

It was "the lost chronicles of zerzura",but thanks any ways :D

On the other hand,another old game came into mind.
It was a kind of a 2D pixel game, similar to Terraria.I remember i think being a wizard and carrying a red potion in one scene.It was night,and bats were attacking me as i progressed to through the level.Also i remember being a knight during the day,but sadly thats about it.it was quite some time ago,before 2014 i think.
Any help is appreciated :D

Hello, I need help please

I remember playing this game a few times at my buddies house on PS3, it was a combat game that featured tall amazonian archers or something, and it was split screen and the one map i remember was like a space zero gravity arena indoors, and we jumped around shooting at each other and there were other weapons and power ups placed around the entire map. Obviously that wasn't the only map but thats the one I remember the most. Ive tried looking for the name of this for a while, please help! The platform is on PS3, and I remember playing this game like between 2005 and 2009. The Genre was Fantasy, split screen multiplayer, combat

Hoops 12:
Hi I'm new but will give this a try!

I remember a game we use to play at the corner shop on arcade.(1986-1989)

It was some space game where you chose the planet (red , blue, green, brown) and then played that stage.

I remember you could double jump and get all sorts of guns.

I remember the red stage (red planet) being very difficult with lava all over the place.

Can some one please help with name of this game? It is driving me crazy!!

Xain'd Sleena

Pages PREV 1 . . . 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or