Akimbo Shotguns: For noobs or pros? (mw2)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Ok so me and my mate were playing MW2 the other night, having fun, raising our levels, trolling some eight year old american/irish kid (ferb85) untill we were stopped short by a solid blast to our sternum...who was it? A sniper? impossible... kill cam will help us

-Enter Kill Cam-

so now we are looking through our enemies eyes he sees us about three hundred (SPARTAAA) meters away and lets loose with his Akimbo rangers

-Exit Kill Cam-

Allright we think, lets get all snipered up, put on our gillie suit and grab our sniper

we lay in wait for a while and the same thing happens

Now my question for you fellow escapist's

do the Akimbo shotgun's belong to the noobs of the game, or are they a reward for the pro's of the game, for there ages of grinding levels

the argument against Akimbo Shotgun's is that they have ridicules range, power and acuracy

The argument for Akimbo Shotgun's (provided by dave357) is that they are hard to obtain and require a lot of time and effort to achieve them so having them be so powerful is a reward

so what do you escapist's think???

As a noob, I can say that every time I try to use Akimbo Shotguns, I fail. Badly. This suggests that some level of non-noobness may be required.

Hyperbole seems to be a favorite of yours.

Uh, who cares? It's a gun, get one yourself and shoot him.

Guns are guns, all the same, nothing more.

Tactics are required to be good.

Well, my problem with your "reason they are for pros" is that I know about 10 prestige people who suck ass but have no life, so they are noob weapons no matter what.

I don't know about noob or pro, but it is a really easy kill. I think I am leaning toward noob.

half and half it takes some talent to get them but after that there sorta noobish.

Akimbo Shotguns is completely stupid, I mean, come on, try dual-wielding shotguns in real life. Seriously, do it. Not only would you have shit accuracy, $20 says that you'd fall on your ass if you fired them.

I know MW2 isn't supposed to be completely realistic or anything, but come on, even Master Chief isn't dumb enough to try and dual-wield shotguns.

No, I really hate akimbo shotguns. They are incredibly overpowered and, realistically, two shotguns shouldn't be able to hit a target at the range that they can. It's horribly unfair and regardless of how much time you put into the game, they just shouldn't be in it.

I wouldn't know, I've never used them enough to get a solid kill-streak.

Depends. Are you talking about Akimbo Rangers? Or Akimbo M1887s? If it's 1887s, they are definitely noob weapons because when they unlock it, they will use the 1887s and NOTHING ELSE!

Nothing is noob or pro. The weapons are in the game, and, while they are overpowered, there are easy ways to counter them. Sneaking up on them, placing claymores, among others, can be used to counteract it. It's not entirely his fault for using the guns, especially when he has the same access to the same weapons as you do.

as a little edit im not saying that the weapon themselfs are noobish im saying that there weirdley long range and acuracy makes them very easy killers

ArcWinter:
Tactics are required to be good.

I can take a guy with the Socom .45 pistol. Don't move in the manner that makes it easy for a shot gunner to pelt you.

i.e. Running from entrance of room straight to exit of room, always assume there's someone in there when you run in and do some strafing...

Akimbo shotguns are NOT under any circumstances hard to get, they do not take a huge amount of time to get (unless you count the minimum level needed to unlock them, and even then to get the first one it's not that high). It did not take me long to get enough kills with one to unlock the akimbo option. Some people use them with a fair amount of skill and accuracy in CQB situations, whilst others will just blindly fire them at range to get lucky kills. I don't really have a problem with the people that use them because I, as many people do, get very tired of people that call you a "noob", "fag" etc. for using a weapon that they consider to be unbalanced. If they don't like it they need to complain to IW, not the poor people that would be disadvantaged if they didn't use it.

If the Akimbo attachment required a player to get 150 kills, then it would certainly be a sign of comittment and a well-earned reward. But they're not, so they're noob.

only the model 1887 akimbo was broken, and IW patched that. the guy probably just got lucky and one of the pellets hit your head.
I mean when I use Ranger akinbo i can only kill people at the same range as the AA12 (Very Close).

Well, to actually say whether the gun is for "noobs" or "pros" you have got to define what either is. Since you don't, and there are no generally accepted definitions for either, I am just going to assume, by context, that you mean 'noobs' are "people lacking skill" and 'pros' are "people with a high degree of skill."

With that out of the way, let's get down to business. The Model 1887 and Ranger Akimboed are powerful and the range on them is quite good. The tradeoff is accuracy and a slightly increased reload time. Whether or not you take that deal says more about you than it does about the guns. The only criteria either of them requires is a certain level requirement and enough kills to unlock the Akimbo for each gun. There are no "skill" requirements for either of the guns. Anyone who has them available may use them. They are not "for" any certain demographic or group, but are available to anyone who would like to use them.

From experience, I can definiteively say that argument over the amount of skill required to use Akimboed Shutgons and Akimboed Weapons in general in Modern Warfare 2 will mirror the argument over the use of the Juggernaut in Call of Duty: World at War. I will use the same rebut to the "skill is not necessary for item X" as I did for WAW. The developers put in the guns and perks in the game, and whoever wants to use them, may.

AjimboB:
$20 says that you'd fall on your ass if you fired them.

Depending on the type (never played MW2, never intend to, the COD series doesn't interest me) of shotgun, I'd see your $20 and raise you another $10, saying that you'd break at least one metacarpal (if not your wrist).

the akimbo rangers do NOT have range. the commando perk adds more range to the knife than the rangers have... but the 1887's with akimbo and FMJ has ridiculous range, it's even worse than before the patch, even if you have to bling to do so.

but all said and done, it's not as if having dual 1887's make you invincible, just make sure to take them out from a farther distance, you do NOT want to get into a close quarters scrap against someone with those.

According to the community, guns are for noobs now.

Now lets take that bit at the end ("mw2")

^and put it in here

mw2: For noobs or pros?

And that is how you make something out of nothing.

Discuss.

AjimboB:
Akimbo Shotguns is completely stupid, I mean, come on, try dual-wielding shotguns in real life. Seriously, do it. Not only would you have shit accuracy, $20 says that you'd fall on your ass if you fired them.

I know MW2 isn't supposed to be completely realistic or anything, but come on, even Master Chief isn't dumb enough to try and dual-wield shotguns.

That's just cause Master Chief doesn't have small enough shotguns...
It's pretty absurd though. But if absurdity must be in the game, they should go really over the top. I want akimbo AA12s.

Personally i don't care who uses what guns when and where, its part of the game so just get to playing it. People complaining about it isn't going to change anything. On a side note the 1887's remind me more of old wild western owl rifles for some reason

Well, in pro tournaments, akimbo weapons aren't allowed.

So I guess, they aren't for pros.

They're cheap, lazy i.e get the stooge roundabout in your centre of vision and fire and generally frustrating.
Saying that though I usually carry dual Glock 18's so it could be the pot calling the kettle black in my case but they alone require more than just a thump-thump to kill...sometimes it's taken clips out of both machine pistols for me because of the damn recoil.

Well there weapons given out by the game.

Why would a weapon be considered noobish if the Developers put them into the game?

AjimboB:

You probably wouldn't fall on your ass (i have a lot of experience shooting 12 gauges) but it would be a bitch and a half to shoot. Even if you did manage to line up your target when you did fire you would probably not be able to hold on to the gun or it would hurt your hand like a bitch because shotguns are not meant to be held with one hand.

OT: the akimbo is really for noobs. it really doesn't take THAT long to get levels up to get em and they are way OP. Just like noob tube, it really doesnt belong in the game. Although it is fun to see someone running towards you with em and you shoot em before they get in range.

maddawg IAJI:

Why would a weapon be considered noobish if the Developers put them into the game?

Thank you!!

Finally someone who has the right idea!

I'm not much for Akimbo, losing the ability to aim down sight just makes them unappealing.

I could care less what weapon you use. It is for anyone willing to gain it.
Neutral Opinion

TelHybrid:

maddawg IAJI:

Thank you!!

Finally someone who has the right idea!

Why is there an easy mode? Why is there an auto-aim?

Personaly if they put it in the game the player has the right to use it. It may get frustrating and annoying at times but every strategy/weapon can be countered otherwise they would fix it. I wouldn't use the dual-shotguns just to get kills. However if I has bored I would put a riot shield on my back, get two shotguns and dub my new class Ultra-Turtle.

MattRooney06:

do the Akimbo shotgun's belong to the noobs of the game, or are they a reward for the pro's of the game, for there ages of grinding levels

the argument against Akimbo Shotgun's is that they have ridicules range, power and acuracy

The argument for Akimbo Shotgun's (provided by dave357) is that they are hard to obtain and require a lot of time and effort to achieve them so having them be so powerful is a reward

Hard to obtain? EVERYONE gets it eventually. If you had to do an insanely hard challenge to get them, yes, I might agree that they are hard to obtain. And having them so powerful isn't a reward, it's a gamebreaker. Honestly, before IW nerfed the 1887s, I could run around with them and get a nuke, every match!

AND I DID. 4 times in a row, even.

*sigh* Hasn't this issue come and gone already?

They way I see it is that because they're shotguns,you have to be within a certain range (i.e: right in-front of them) to get a instant kill. People seem to forget that guns such as assault rifles have the magical ability to shoot from far away.

Everyone can use akimbo shotguns if they want to, it's not like there's some golden rule saying you can't because someone else is. If you're playing a game against someone with akimbo shotty's, even the score and use them yourself.

They are for those who play Modern Warfare.

Do you have feel the need to identify groups on Modern Warfare, just by what they use? All the weapons are available to everyone. This only results in people being wrongly called names online just because of the childish fools who have to have a reason for their own ineptness (because they obviously couldn't of been killed by anyone other than a noob or pro, could they!)
The guy/girl who killed you wasn't a noob or a pro, just another player. Live with it you are just average.

The Red Spy:
They are for those who play Modern Warfare.

Do you have feel the need to identify groups on Modern Warfare, just by what they use? All the weapons are available to everyone. This only results in people being wrongly called names online just because of the childish fools who have to have a reason for their own ineptness (because they obviously couldn't of been killed by anyone other than a noob or pro, could they!)
The guy/girl who killed you wasn't a noob or a pro, just another player. Live with it you are an average player.

You've obviously never heard of balance and what a lack of it can do to a multiplayer game.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked