Top 10 Sniper Games

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Well, im just curious, what are your top 10 games to snipe on?
The games dont have to be sniper oriented.

Anyway, my list.
1. Fallout 3
2. Borderlands
3. Bad Company
4. Halo Series
5. TF2
6. MW1
7. Fallout 2
8. L4D
9. TF Classic
10. CSS

Also, what do you think about sniping on games?
Do you think its cheap when used online? (Camping included there)

Personally, I love sniping.

Make your lists smaller if you want, just make lists atleast

I love sniping. I just suck at it.

Tsk Tsk. I'm balls at it.

i love sniping, never any good at it though unless im playing ut2004.
my top 6 list of sniping games :)
1) ut2004
2) TF2
3) gears of war 2
4) mass effect (love the sniping on this)
5) halo series
6) L4D, L4D2

i think sniper elite belongs in there, also this has nothing to do with hale hating, but halos snipers really aren't that good, piratically no, if any, recoil, fast shooting with limited reloading, it just isn't very good or at least balanced at sniping.

and this may just be me, but i really hate those guys who pick up the sniper in l4d, its more about crowd control than target focusing.

and while i too was a sniper in fallout, i dont think it had very much to do with sniping, vats did the job.

i think battle field heroes have some of the best sniping, you have one shot where you are invisible so you are really encouraged to make that one bullet count, i like that.

the unreal tournament 04 had some nice sniping as well, which TF2 also featured (charging for better damage).

Well, i like sniping.

And for your information, there's one Sniper Elite, which is very realistic about sniping. It's basically a simulator.

swaki:
i think sniper elite belongs in there, also this has nothing to do with hale hating, but halos snipers really aren't that good, piratically no, if any, recoil, fast shooting with limited reloading, it just isn't very good or at least balanced at sniping.

and this may just be me, but i really hate those guys who pick up the sniper in l4d, its more crowd control than target focusing.

I know sniping sucks in HALO but I still find it oddly fun.

Kollega:
Well, i like sniping.

And for your information, there's one Sniper Elite, which is very realistic about sniping. It's basically a simulator.

And ive played it, but I just didnt like a game that revolves completely around sniping

I do not think sniping is "cheap" when done online - I just don't think that the mechanic adds any real value to the game most of the time. It worked well in tribes (if one can get a sniper kill in that game they had a LOT of skill considering the high degree of movement and the high average pings at the time - generally over 200ms) and team fortress (short distances, easily countered, existing primarily to keep heavy weapon's guys indoors and provide light harrasing fire as a first line of defense), but in most games the only people who are gaining anything by sniping are the snipers. The mechanic works well enough in team deathmatch style games but once you give a team an objective, unless one has supernatual talent at the sniping game they don't often server their team in a meaningful fashion. I can't even begin to count the number of times I would be playing a game like Battlefield and would note that half my team was standing about sniping rather than actually capturing points and whatnot.

If you ever play MAG you will add it. That is the first game I ever felt like my only worry was running out of ammo. All thanks to the rather large size of the maps. My best round was 36kills 2deaths 32streak and 2assist That was using the M200 with variable scope.

I'm surprised L4D was on that list - I always get so pissed when one of my teammates picks up a sniper rifle; sure, it's a powerful gun, but when you're faced with an enormous horde of zombies, the sniper might as well just not be there considering how helpful they are. I understand the gun is there to add some variety, but it's pretty much useless.

I really enjoyed sniping in Battlefield 2 - it was more challenging and felt a lot more realistic than most shooters.

SonicKoala:
I'm surprised L4D was on that list - I always get so pissed when one of my teammates picks up a sniper rifle; sure, it's a powerful gun, but when you're faced with an enormous horde of zombies, the sniper might as well just not be there considering how helpful they are. I understand the gun is there to add some variety, but it's pretty much useless.

I really enjoyed sniping in Battlefield 2 - it was more challenging and felt a lot more realistic than most shooters.

Usually while playing L4D im at the top of special infected kills and second place on regular infected kills, so I dont find the sniper to be bad at all, in the right hands.

My favorite game to snipe in is probably Far Cry 2. Fire on one side of the village and a sniper on the other makes their lives very hard.

The only other game I can think of where sniping was a real joy would probably be Hitman Blood Money. There were so many instances where sniping was just plain cool. The way the rest of the world dissapears while your scope is to your eye and then reapears after the shot. Plus a silenced, bolt action rifle that lives in an inconspicuous briefcase is pretty neat also.

Other then that, I dont know. Faster oriented games I usually suck at sniping.

I liked sniping in STALKER: Clear Sky.
Although getting a decent sniper-rifle was quite difficult, not to mention it always jams before you can even empty a full clip.

Cheesezorz:
Although getting a decent sniper-rifle was quite difficult, not to mention it always jams before you can even empty a full clip.

Hmm, that game crashed my PC way too much, shame they dont have it on consoles.

I used to be all about only sniping. It didn't matter the situation, I used to think that it was the coolest way to go about everything. I liked the idea of having a perfect hit percentage, using the fewest possible bullets-per-body. Me and my buddy played a lot of Rainbow Six 3 together on Gamecube. I always was a sniper... it proved pretty inefficient sometimes.

I've since learned to use guns based on situation. I now can use pretty much any of the forms of weaponry available to me. But, alas, that isn't the point of the thread. Here are some of my favorite games to snipe in and why:

Mass Effect: I liked the snipers in this game a lot. They felt powerful and made such a nice *dong* sound every time you blasted one out. I almost always pick the infiltrator class because of this.

Rainbow Six: 3: This is mostly nostalgia-based, but me and my buddy would memorize levels, where each hostile encounter was, where the guys were positioned. We had our whole routines planned out for each level, where we would meticulously orchestrate our firefights. Him spraying enemies with the auto-shotgun, me sniping the guys who were a little harder to reach.

Conker's Bad Fur Day (multiplayer): Man, did this game have a fun multiplayer mode. I always sniped in this, be it with the sniper or the magnum. It was a lot of fun and I still enjoy the game, though now I play a bit more versatile of a role in a deathmatch or CTF.

Deus-Ex: Once the silencer was put on the Sniper, and you had enough points jacked into the skill it was just beautiful to take guys out from afar. Of course, the game is more intense if you try not to kill anyone, but still, sniping was a joy.

Stalker is great sniping climb up a half destroyed hospital hide in a dark spot, wait till night and snipe all the mutants and bandits.

Played a fun Silent Scope style Indie Game on my 360. It made me miss good arcades. Hard to find them these days...

OT: Sniping isn't something I normally excell in in most games recently. It's sad, because I used to like it, but I think switching from PC to Console kinda killed it for me.

Yeah Sniper Elite is pretty much the standard for sniping, considering that it's based entirely around it so it's so it managed to refine a lot of it.

Other than that, anyone remember the first snow level on Goldeneye? Man that was fun, the early days of sniping. If you can snipe with c buttons, you can snipe with anything.

I'm rather hit and miss when it comes to sniping. In single player or in games where people bother to take cover and move methodically I can pull of 10 headshots in 10 seconds, but in most multiplayer games where people just run around I suck. Out of all of my games, I think sniping in halo 3: ODST is the most rewarding.

Kollega:
Well, i like sniping.

until you get bored, pick up an smg, and rush your target, throwing bullets his direction
its what i eventually did on the level with the dude in the car
my brother dealt with the guards as the car went past me. i shot the driver, then ran up to the car and blazed in the window
then i ran, by brother picked off a couple more and followed. boom.

OT: SE yeah, not halo, its too much action orientated and not enough cover
ODST when you are wondering the ruins, low on ammo, making every plasma grenade count, picking off brutes with a sniper, thats good. the action parts, not so much

swaki:

and this may just be me, but i really hate those guys who pick up the sniper in l4d, its more about crowd control than target focusing.

and while i too was a sniper in fallout, i dont think it had very much to do with sniping, vats did the job.

i think battle field heroes have some of the best sniping, you have one shot where you are invisible so you are really encouraged to make that one bullet count, i like that.

the unreal tournament 04 had some nice sniping as well, which TF2 also featured (charging for better damage).

I disagree with you on fallout. I resorted to snipeing when my ap was low or i didn't want to waste them.

Sniper Elite.
That is all.

Could do with a new sniper only game. The gameplay for S.E. was superb, the controls...not so much.

I really don't like sniping as it is the wussiest range, and it is stealthy, and everyone knows stealth is for girly men.
I am really annoyed though, because I am really good at sniping.

NuclearPenguin:

Cheesezorz:

Hmm, that game crashed my PC way too much, shame they dont have it on consoles.

i heard somewhere that after call of pripyat has been released they are going to work on a console port for shadow of chernobyl.

1-10:JFK Reloaded

Best sniping game ever by far

I love to snipe in MW and MW2. So much fun with a hunt of challenge.

I'm not the best sniper, but I actually think my favorite game to snipe in was Army Men: Sarge's Heroes, but mainly just because of the maps.

It was always fun shooting one of my brothers from the wall mounted toilet paper roll. They never knew what hit em... until they started screen watching.

In no particular order, UT3, Fallout3, CoD4...i cant remember the rest.

MW1 was a fun game to snipe when playing certain maps. "All Ghillied Up" was a brilliant mission as well.
MW2 not quite as entertaining for me, the guns just arent as fun for some reason and I dont know the maps well enough yet

Far Cry 2 was a fun one as it gave you assassination missions or simply choosing to ambush a checkpoint in your own way and planning the most efficient way to kill everyone quickly. That combined with the bolt action rifle only being reloaded when you unscope added pace to it. Also I think far cry 2 has some of the best sound effects for weapons ever. I get a kick everytime I fire the sniper rifle in that game

thats a nice list of games. personally, i love sniping. i even have the red vs blue t-shirt that says, 'its a legitimate strategy', with a picture of a sniper rifle in a tent next to a fire.

dark_taint92:
i love sniping, never any good at it though unless im playing ut2004.
my top 6 list of sniping games :)
1) ut2004
2) TF2
3) gears of war 2
4) mass effect (love the sniping on this)
5) halo series
6) L4D, L4D2

You meant to say the original UT right? 2004 destroyed the sniper.

1) Unreal Tournament
2) TF2
3) DOD:S

Can't think of anymore at the moment.

mounky:
1-10:JFK Reloaded

Best sniping game ever by far

You ACTUALLY got a copy of that?!

One of my friends was trying to get it, couldn't find it.
You still got the link?

I find the battlefields series is the best, also if "Sniper elite" is that one where you have to shoot a a tanks fuel tank, and where you spend almost the whole time moving rather than camping, then it's not only unrealistic but also pretty low quality

Definitely the original Unreal Tournament. Far Cry 2 is fun, cause the A.I is so good. I've seen people scrambling for cover, assuming I was on the other side of the camp. It's hilarious to see someone peek over a barrier, then shoot them in the back of the head. Borderlands, not revolutionary in any way, but the mechanics are good. And setting people on fire never gets old. And, of course, Modern Warfare 1 and 2. I can't give you ten though.

I am sikk at sniping in COD4 and Borderlands suck at it on all other games for some reason.

I was one of the few people who liked far cry 2 but I found the sniping to be particularly fun in that game because of the AI, physics and open world environments, although it was a bit too easy as if you find a good sniping point, you can take out any of the enemies before they get within shooting range and the only real challenge was finding the other snipers and survivors

It was twice as fun when you set the entire base on fire with some well placed shots from a flare gun as it kills hiding enemies and blocks up escape routes

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked