So I just cheated on Liara

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

So I just cheated on Liara with Tali in Mass Effect 2. Bioware boasted I would cheat but looking at Miranda e.t.c. was just boring. Then the emotional impact of Tali's story won me over.
Perhaps I will restart to correct my soul but I might stick with it as it's quite intense.

There have been a couple of threads on WILL you cheat, but in hindsight I am asking: Did you cheat?

Yes I did
I cheated on Liara for Miranda. I didn't want an alien to begin with and there was no way I was going for Ashley.
Ohhhh Miranda <3

David Bray:
So I just cheated on Liara with Tali in Mass Effect 2. Bioware boasted I would cheat but looking at Miranda e.t.c. was just boring. Then the emotional impact of Tali's story won me over.
Perhaps I will restart to correct my soul but I might stick with it as it's quite intense.

There have been a couple of threads on WILL you cheat, but in hindsight I am asking: Did you cheat?

I cheated on Liara with Tali as well. I get the feeling that Liara cheated with her "friend" who got on the Shadow Broker's wrong side. She seemed way too passionate about it, which would redeem her seemingly selfish attitude in this game if it was her lover.

My female Shepard cheated on Kaidan with Jacob. But I figured the thing with Kaidan was over after the two years being dead, and his hissy fit about me working for Cerberus.

Besides Jacob is a real sweet-talker :)

Too bad I couldn't go for a Lesbian Tali encounter.

I'm probably going to with Kelly (FemShep here, I'd do it with Tali if I could), but only for the full experience, I'm gonna stay faithful on the file I actually bring over to ME3, 'cause that's how my Shepard rolls.

Liara is a blue alien smurf with fake emotions.. Does it make me racist that I think that of her?

I don't know, I haven't gotten that far yet and after just meeting Ashely again, I think I may.

It's not really cheating if you hooked up with Ashley/Kaiden originally, since they've essentially thought you were dead for two years and moved on, and their reaction upon your reunion does some serious bridge burning as well.

Now Liara... well that would be different, since

I haven't gone through the game with my space lesbian yet so cheating on Liara is an academic proposition at the moment, and even if I had been involved with Liara during my male Shepard's original playthrough, she's got nothing on Tali in terms of emotional resonance.

But seriously though, damn is Miranda ever a well rendered and entirely inappropriately attired digital lady - it was hilarious when an NPC made a crack about Cerberus letting her go out in public dressed like that, heh. Still like Tali better, but I can't say I'm complaining about the eye candy that I'm compelled to bring along all the time thanks to her squad level bonuses.

I cheated on Tali for Miranda.I tought i could finaly see Tali's face but noooo.

Absolutely not, I remained faithful to Liara though for a while I was considering it after I met her on Illium, she was so different, but then her old self came back through when I pressed her about why she was so obsessed with the Shadow Broker all my feelings came back.

I reckon for people who do remain faithful we're going to get a pretty epic conclusion in ME3 with Liara and the Shadow Broker.

With my first character, yes. But then I was a renegade, a woman on the edge, and Asari scientists turned pissy did not do it for me any more. (I shagged Garrus instead, which was awkward, funny, and slightly touching).

I'm building a new Paragon character in Mass Effect 1, and I shall avoid the problem there by not hooking up, because I'm waiting for Tali.

Ah and here i thought that a escapist would not only find a girl in the first place, but actually find another one to cheat on.

I kid, but still... i mean come on it is a video game its you are not cheating on anyone. All you are doing is watching a screen and pressing buttons.

ahlycks:
Ah and here i thought that a escapist would not only find a girl in the first place, but actually find another one to cheat on.

I kid, but still... i mean come on it is a video game its you are not cheating on anyone. All you are doing is watching a screen and pressing buttons.

But you can get consequences of it in ME3 :]

Well I never played ME1, but I boned all 3 of the girls in 2, so yes.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. I'd rather choose, say, a quarian than Ashley "HURR DERP I HAET ALEINS" Williams. (In all seriousness, it's not that bad, but it is annoying)

Well, in my profile, after meeting up with Ash again, we pretty much left on terms of 'Well fuck you too!'. I would have thrown away the photo in my cabin at that point because of her response. I started a romance with Miranda, but when Tali came aboard, I ended it with Miranda. There's just something about Tali, I can't quite place it, but it stuck an emotional cord for care for her character that I didn't know I had.

What is the world coming to, we even cheat in games now...=P (yes yes, we use cheat codes too, nothing new...)

But seriously, what is it with Bioware insisting on giving your character a sexual life? I remember a simpler time, when games were about blowing the brains out of every single member of an MC club because they owed your mob boss money. A time when the most personal choice you'd make was which gun you'd bring to the shootout, AK47 or M4A1. Back when aliens were evil and your gun went "pew". And I think "heck, why do we say games were better before?"...

I think that could be a fun discussion, "personal relationships" in video games. Do we want this, and in which forms will they show up in the future? But I'm guessing someone already did this, so I'll just argue with myself in my own petty mind^^

You didn't have to use that titel for your thread do you? There are some who haven't played ME2....

Well funnily my renegade Shepard didn't because she was going for Kelly and ya know...anyway my Paragon just did with Miranda. Fuck Ashley can't even look past my Cerberus uniform, I'll go for the hotter one then

WestMountain:

ahlycks:

But you can get consequences of it in ME3 :]

what in the world are you talking about?

This is why i play jrpgs. wrpgs make you think crazy.

/\
I like this guy, he makes me laugh.

Went with my paragon/femshep/soldier and was immensely disappointed that my only F/F option was Kelly. Oddly enough it doesn't count as cheating and I don't believe it will affect your relationship with your ME1 character in ME3 only cause romancing Kelly does not grant the Paramour achievement in ME2.

...and I really really wanted to get in Tali or Jack's pants too. I was almost certain Jack would be an option since she's so damn outgoing and doesn't give a rats ass.

I stayed loyal to Ashley, none of the new characters did anything for me and I really can't picture my paragon Shepard cheating on her. For her it's been two years since Shepard died, but for Shepard it's only been a matter of weeks, if even. He'd still feel loyal, a bit betrayed, but loyal. Shepard's a romantic like that!

Next character however I'll certainly give it a shot. Wanna be able to see the 'love triangle' scenario in ME3 after all!

I will be, but only for achievement purposes. Erika is the name of my Shep, and looks like she'll be kicking it with Jacob. After all is said and done, I'll be going through again with Erika and will stay loyal to Liara.

My guide lied. It said "Gender does affect some potential romantic subplots. Some shipmates will consider a relationship regardless of gender." I was hoping to bag Jack as such. However, after...

, I decided to look online to see what other options were available to both genders. "Relationships regardless of gender" deez nuts, not to mention what in the holiest FUCK was BioWare thinking?! o__O'

Great, So now she's going to paint "A CHEATING ASSHOLE COMMANDS THIS SHIP" all over the normandy

orannis62:
I'm probably going to with Kelly (FemShep here, I'd do it with Tali if I could), but only for the full experience, I'm gonna stay faithful on the file I actually bring over to ME3, 'cause that's how my Shepard rolls.

Just so you know, romancing Kelly doesn't unlock the paramour achievement.

I'm just waiting to bang Dr. Chakwas...

The character I'm going through ME1 right now with was romancing Kaidan (since Liara annoys me...not that Kaidan doesn't), but now I'm thinking I'll get him killed on Virmire. He gets a nice heroic death, I get a more interesting romantic partner in ME2.
Everyone wins, especially me.

I didn't cheat. FemShep stayed loyal to Kaiden.

scnj:

orannis62:

Just so you know, romancing Kelly doesn't unlock the paramour achievement.

Oh. Good to know, thanks. Still, I like Kelly, I'll probably go for her on my first playthrough anyway (although I'm still conflicted about Garrus and, having not met Thane yet, I don't want to rule anything out).

i didn't cheat, ashley and liara were to annoying to put up with, tali's cool though.

Not yet. >< But Garrus is eating away at my Shepard's defenses quicker than termites do an oak tree.

Ill say what i say on you tube, Miranda has the body but Tali has the personality. The romance scene with Miranda kicks the shit out of the romance scene with Tali, but i would choose Tali over Miranda. Besides, I always thought that a girl that stumbles all over her words when she talks to you was cute. Also, tali in the first game was kind of hinting that she liked Shepard but Bioware only let us have Liara and Ashely.

It was also a big dick move by Bioware for not showing us her face, but if you Google original concept art of a Quarian, u can see what they look like

My plan for when I finally play Mass Effect 2 is to go full out. Everything and everyone.

Cheaters always win.

Wait...you can Romance Tali?

YES!

Sorry, I haven't bought the game yet. I don't mind being spoiled on stuff like this...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked