So I just cheated on Liara

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I never had a relationship in ME1, because the one other person it made sense for my character to be into wasn't "available" (Remember kids: if you can't have sex with them, they aren't valid relationship material) But all that was remedied in ME2, and now Shepherd and Garrus are... well, I haven't reached that point yet, but I'm just happy to have the option.

The Madman:
I stayed loyal to Ashley, none of the new characters did anything for me and I really can't picture my paragon Shepard cheating on her. For her it's been two years since Shepard died, but for Shepard it's only been a matter of weeks, if even. He'd still feel loyal, a bit betrayed, but loyal. Shepard's a romantic like that!

Next character however I'll certainly give it a shot. Wanna be able to see the 'love triangle' scenario in ME3 after all!

If you stayed loyal to your old love interest, Bioware should make whoever was your original love interest come on the ship and "talk" to you.

I'm still trying to get in Kelly's pants, bitch be playing hard to get with me.
Is it because of my scars?

I believe that Bioware has really outdone themselves this time around. I didnt think the first mass effect could have gotten better and was somewhat pesamistic towards ME2, not too much. I do have to congradulate the recent achievements of the video game industry because the new sequals are somewhat good.

ME2 put all my problems to rest as it is F***** AWESOME!

How is it cheating when you've been dead for two years? Seriously, HOW IN THE HELL IS THAT POSSIBLE?!

I'm going to have to make a character that DOESN'T get tail in ME2? That's just crazy. I definitely need to try and have sex with like, all four of the women in one go through.

Sure, Liara kissed me quite passionately when I saw her, but she def was boning her friend that has been lost to the Shadow Broker, so I consider me getting with Tali a wash.

But really....dammit.... -_-

Also, does anyone else think Ms. Gianna Parasini will be playing a bigger role in the third game? She seemed attracted to Shepherd in the second game. At least, she seemed attracted to my male Shepherd.

I dunno... I banged jack. didn't even realize cheating was an option. but now that I know... let the games begin!

Nurb:
Great, So now she's going to paint "A CHEATING ASSHOLE COMMANDS THIS SHIP" all over the normandy

All over the normandy SR3, which is 10x than the SR2.

OP: I killed Ashley just so I could shag Miranda in the second game. Lets face it, Miranda has dat ass.

Said politely for all the women to go die in holes... and then didn't sleep with any of em. 2nd one I slept with all 3 and chuckled evilly... 3rd male Shep (can't stand being a chick for some reason) I stayed with Tali... not to mention noone else before or after. Each got interesting endings that I don't feel like spoiling. Lol.

orannis62:

scnj:

orannis62:
I'm probably going to with Kelly (FemShep here, I'd do it with Tali if I could), but only for the full experience, I'm gonna stay faithful on the file I actually bring over to ME3, 'cause that's how my Shepard rolls.

Just so you know, romancing Kelly doesn't unlock the paramour achievement.

Oh. Good to know, thanks. Still, I like Kelly, I'll probably go for her on my first playthrough anyway (although I'm still conflicted about Garrus and, having not met Thane yet, I don't want to rule anything out).

Well, depending on how the final mission goes, you can carry on playing after it's over, so I assume there's time for multiple romances.

Shurikens and Lightning:

Nurb:
Great, So now she's going to paint "A CHEATING ASSHOLE COMMANDS THIS SHIP" all over the normandy

OP: I killed Ashley just so I could shag Miranda in the second game. Lets face it, Miranda has dat ass.

Seeing as I didn't realize time was a factor for romance in ME1, I couldn't cheat on anyone. Can't believe that BioWare would DARE to pull a Bungie...

I've had a hard time with this, I love Liara a lot from the first game but her recent shift is quite distressing, but I think I'll see it all the way through. So far I've been interested in Jack and Tali, Jack may seem like a bitch but it's only because of the horrible things people did to her unlike Miranda who just seems to be some arrogant snob with daddy issues (though she does have redeeming qualities, not just physical features) and Tali is, well she's the cute little awkward girl that has some charm to her, plus she's mysterious and intriguing.

elitepie931:

Shurikens and Lightning:

Nurb:

Its now more like Ass effect 2! Aww yeahhh. That's also my new phone wallpaper.

Shurikens and Lightning:

elitepie931:

Shurikens and Lightning:

Its now more like Ass effect 2! Aww yeahhh. That's also my new phone wallpaper.

NICE! Ass Effect 2

Jesus people post "Spoilers" in your posts please.
Anyway, I cheated on her with Jack. Really, I was a complete ass to Jack and I still ended up sexing her in our 3rd conversation.

Nope, replayed ME 1 with no romance so I would have free access to Miranda in Mass Effect 2, I'm replaying and gunning for Tali as we speak, she was my first choice in ME 1 anyway, but noooo, telekinesis is perfectly fine, but it took you two years to come up with a way to bang Qurions?

David Bray:
So I just cheated on Liara with Tali in Mass Effect 2. Bioware boasted I would cheat but looking at Miranda e.t.c. was just boring. Then the emotional impact of Tali's story won me over.
Perhaps I will restart to correct my soul but I might stick with it as it's quite intense.

There have been a couple of threads on WILL you cheat, but in hindsight I am asking: Did you cheat?

Origionally I was with Ashley...but she move on.

And now so have I. Also with Tali.

This is why I haven't done any of the romance subplots. If BioWare actually pulls their shit together and makes a good romance in Mass Effect 3 (unlikely), I can pursue it with my old character without any guilt. But if I had formed a relationship with one of the Mass Effect characters, I would remain loyal. Because I'm sure betraying your partner just to have sex with the Quarian will have repercussions. I bet there will be an unskippable argument that is 10x more awkward than the dialogue from all the romance subplots combined. Enjoy.

When I saw what Liara was like in ME2 I couldnt get away from her fast enough. Tali FTW!

After Ashley left me I was devastated, Tali was there for me, she sees past my pure badassatrey into my emotional core. She is dependable I could see us growing old together with little hybrid children and grandchildren...

scnj:

orannis62:

scnj:

orannis62:
I'm probably going to with Kelly (FemShep here, I'd do it with Tali if I could), but only for the full experience, I'm gonna stay faithful on the file I actually bring over to ME3, 'cause that's how my Shepard rolls.

Oh. Good to know, thanks. Still, I like Kelly, I'll probably go for her on my first playthrough anyway (although I'm still conflicted about Garrus and, having not met Thane yet, I don't want to rule anything out).

Well, depending on how the final mission goes, you can carry on playing after it's over, so I assume there's time for multiple romances.

Oh, is that how it works? The romance with your favored character doesn't begin at a specific story point like in ME1, it just happens when you actually get to a specific point in the relationship? That actually makes sense.

I have yet to play Mass Effect 2 because I'm so low on budget for games right now but when I've seen a few cinematics on youtube and checked the wiki a few times and I've decided that I'm going to stay faithful to Ashley.
Partly because I liked the chemistry between Shepard and Ashley, partly because I think if Shepard is really meant to be a paragon he should remain faithful especially since she emails him later on in the game expressing her feelings for him and mostly because I want Shepard to focus on saving the galaxy which apparently between boning exotic alien babes and driving around in a giant space buggy is kind of his job. I want there to just be a consistant romance between Shepard and Ashley in Mass Effect from 1 to 3 without some kind of awkward 'her or me' kind of moments.

Jark212:
After Ashley left me I was devastated, Tali was there for me, she sees past my pure badassatrey into my emotional core. She is dependable I could see us growing old together with little hybrid children and grandchildren...

they would have to wear half suits haha. Speaking scientifically, after adapting to her mask being off for repeated periods of time, (har har) she would eventually not need her suit as much. Also, her kids would probably not need to as well.

Vrex360:
I have yet to play Mass Effect 2 because I'm so low on budget for games right now but when I've seen a few cinematics on youtube and checked the wiki a few times and I've decided that I'm going to stay faithful to Ashley.
Partly because I liked the chemistry between Shepard and Ashley, partly because I think if Shepard is really meant to be a paragon he should remain faithful especially since she emails him later on in the game expressing her feelings for him and mostly because I want Shepard to focus on saving the galaxy which apparently between boning exotic alien babes and driving around in a giant space buggy is kind of his job. I want there to just be a consistant romance between Shepard and Ashley in Mass Effect from 1 to 3 without some kind of awkward 'her or me' kind of moments.

I suspect that whoever you have a relationship with will be carried over into ME3 supposing you don't die again. Dieing once was a nice plot but twice is pushing it.

orannis62:

scnj:

orannis62:

scnj:

orannis62:

Oh, is that how it works? The romance with your favored character doesn't begin at a specific story point like in ME1, it just happens when you actually get to a specific point in the relationship? That actually makes sense.

I'm pretty sure it works like that. After I finished the game it said I could continue playing and carry on with exploration, sidequests and romances.

I was trying to cheat on Liara. I imported my FemShep from the first game expecting some kind of continuation of the relationship I started with Liara (I went into the game unspoiled). Liara wasn't there for a while, but I was fine with that...even if I did flirt with Kelly just a little bit. Finally I got the reunion I was waiting for, together again at last!

After a quick kiss she started demanding help from me to further her own little business she had going. I went from 'horizontal mind meld partner' to 'errand boy'. I wasn't having it. I wasn't going to be whipped for all of Mass Effect 2 just for some kind of real reunion.

So I started working on Kelly...and Miranda...and Tali...and Jack...and Samara - and to my disappointment, only Kelly nibbled at the bait. Apparently I missed the opportunity with Jack, Miranda and Tali didn't swing that way, and Samara was...too old or something, I don't know. That really disappointed me. I was going for the 'I'm going to sleep with someone just like my ex' angle with Samara but no go. Shame.

Desperate for the achievement, I went to Thade. Yes, my lesbian Shepard had a heterosexual fling with the drell. I was so ashamed that I broke it off with him and called Kelly up to my quarters to snuggle.

I can't decide if this game is awesome or f'd up. Maybe both.

I "cheated" on Ashley with Miranda. I was considering staying faithful, but that encounter on Horizon, "Screw you too, bitch!" Plus, she's Yvonne Strahovski; Sarah, from Chuck; anyone?

...although, I can't say I wasn't tempted by Tali. While I really didn't much care for her in the first game, like a lot of people apparently did, I really did feel for her in ME2.

Damn you Bioware and your tough choices!

Miki91:
What is the world coming to, we even cheat in games now...=P (yes yes, we use cheat codes too, nothing new...)

But seriously, what is it with Bioware insisting on giving your character a sexual life? I remember a simpler time, when games were about blowing the brains out of every single member of an MC club because they owed your mob boss money. A time when the most personal choice you'd make was which gun you'd bring to the shootout, AK47 or M4A1. Back when aliens were evil and your gun went "pew". And I think "heck, why do we say games were better before?"...

I think that could be a fun discussion, "personal relationships" in video games. Do we want this, and in which forms will they show up in the future? But I'm guessing someone already did this, so I'll just argue with myself in my own petty mind^^

It isn't forced on you or anything. It's just an option. Most people go for it, though. No real reason not to.

Tears of Blood:
It isn't forced on you or anything. It's just an option. Most people go for it, though. No real reason not to.

No doubt^^. People think like that in real life all the time. "Hey it's just another chick, no reason not to!"

David Bray:
So I just cheated on Liara with Tali in Mass Effect 2. Bioware boasted I would cheat but looking at Miranda e.t.c. was just boring. Then the emotional impact of Tali's story won me over.
Perhaps I will restart to correct my soul but I might stick with it as it's quite intense.

There have been a couple of threads on WILL you cheat, but in hindsight I am asking: Did you cheat?

In the first game, I found all the love interests kinda boring. But I loved Tali. Mabye its the suit that makes her so appealing.

The Madman:
I stayed loyal to Ashley, none of the new characters did anything for me and I really can't picture my paragon Shepard cheating on her. For her it's been two years since Shepard died, but for Shepard it's only been a matter of weeks, if even. He'd still feel loyal, a bit betrayed, but loyal. Shepard's a romantic like that!

Next character however I'll certainly give it a shot. Wanna be able to see the 'love triangle' scenario in ME3 after all!

I was all set to remain faithful to Ashley and then she was like "you're with Cerberus now, fvck off".
Now I'm torn between Kelly and Miranda. Kelly is more fun and flirty, but Miranda is genetically engineered sweetness. I'm still holding out for a crack at Aria, given I reckon she'd ride you into next week.

Mind you the rate Garrus is going with his well-timed wise cracks and allround likeability I might actually go gay for him.

I cheated on Ashley, but I too went running into Tali's embrace. I don't know how you get to be with Miranda. I had all the conversation you could have with her and got nothing. Then Tali started throwing herself at me and I decided a sex scene would be better then chasing Miranda and not getting anything in return. I don't know maybe I was too nice or something like that.

The Madman:

Yes who will win, the sexy Miranda or lionheart Ashley. PLACE YOUR BETS HERE!

Miki91:
No doubt^^. People think like that in real life all the time. "Hey it's just another chick, no reason not to!"

I dunno' about all that. People. I suppose it is true, but in this case there truly is little reason while in real life there are plenty. I would like to think most resonable people realize that. Well, most of them out of their wild years anyway.

Well Ashley kinda turned her back on me, so I didn't feel loyal to her anymore.

Yeah I cheated.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked