So I just cheated on Liara

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

GloatingSwine:
With my first character, yes. But then I was a renegade, a woman on the edge, and Asari scientists turned pissy did not do it for me any more. (I shagged Garrus instead, which was awkward, funny, and slightly touching).

I'm building a new Paragon character in Mass Effect 1, and I shall avoid the problem there by not hooking up, because I'm waiting for Tali.

I always wished you could do Tali in the first one, but since I couldn't I had sex with Liara who i quite liked back then. Then Liara turned out to be a fucking irritating bitch, and Tali turned available :D

Too bad I couldn't get Garrus in on that aswell D:

My Paragon Jane Shepard is faithful, my Renegade Jack Shephard has hit (in order) Ashley, Miranda (save not continued), Tali (save continued), and, ironically, Jack (save continued).

My two different Renegades have done a few other things differently, hence the two saves, will have to replay my Paragon again to make sure of the key choices in the game, but my Janey's staying faithful, especially after Liara's commitment.

Well, I had this thing with Ashley in the first game. At least, ya' know, until that whole Virmire thing. So I don't consider my hook up with Tali "cheating" per se.

Very amazingly, i didn't have a love intrest in ME1. I think i just got lost in dialogue trees, or something. Sue me.

If I had cheated on Liara,my Shepard would have to have been a Bisexual.Which she was not.So I went through it with no sex at all.
But I did want to do it with Yeoman Kelly Chambers.

Well, considering my Shep didn't have a partner in the first game, I don't think that's possible. I'll wait for the ME3 announement to see if Shep will stay with an ME2 lady, or move on.

ahlycks:
Ah and here i thought that a escapist would not only find a girl in the first place, but actually find another one to cheat on.

I kid, but still... i mean come on it is a video game its you are not cheating on anyone. All you are doing is watching a screen and pressing buttons.

At least you don't have to meet their digitised parents or perform shelf putting up mini games - maybe thats going to be in the next one

Considering how cold she acted in this game, all I can say is good!
>=/

To be honest, I'm not sure. Heh

I went with Mmmmmmiranda in ME2. Somehow, however, ME2 determined that I had been in a relationship with Ashley in ME1 as I had her picture in my cabin. I was a mixture of standoff-ish and friendly towards Ashley in ME1, but refused her when she tried to take things further so we didn't seem to be in a relationship at all never mind kissing or anything beyond that. *shrug* I'm interested in seeing how it ends up playing out in ME3 seeing as how Ashley and I never actually were together even if the game thinks we were on some level.

David Bray:
So I just cheated on Liara with Tali in Mass Effect 2. Bioware boasted I would cheat but looking at Miranda e.t.c. was just boring. Then the emotional impact of Tali's story won me over.

I cheated in a heartbeat, Liara turned into a totally crazy, revenge driven biatch. And this was my Buddha Shep who loves all the flowers and trees and spared everyone's lives, so his worldview was clearly incommensurable with Liara's.

In non-RP purposes, her new mannerisms were REALLY annoying. "I'm so cold and dark and calculating now." Wah-wah-wah. "My partner died!" Bitch, I was dead! Be happy to see me!

Of course, I was told there are consequences in ME3. And seeing as how Liara did turn into a cold, calculating, revenge driven biatch, I'm fully expecting her to do some sort of craziness...

Right well, I've actually played through Mass Effect 2 now and I once again must repeat:
Did not cheat.
If you ask me Ashley was by all means in the right to be confused and upset about someone who she thought was dead coming back after two years just as she was moving on, plus she sends an apologetic email so it's not like the anger is full on. I still prefered Ashley over the others partly because of her tough attitude and almost hidden soft interior but also because she was notably flawed, not perfect. As is the basis of a well written character.
So yeah, I remained faithful during the duration of the story in Mass Effect 2. It was kinda hard with women throwing themselves at me but I forced myself to ignore their attempts choosing only the most neutral dialouge choices.
It also gave off a good feeling of consistancy, Ash was in the opening after all and shared a brief exchange with Shepard before leaving, her picture was on my table and then they met on Horizon and had a falling out followed by an apology via email and finally Shepard staring at her photo just before the final mission with a look of longing in his eyes.
Whatever, it just felt like the right decision for me, because I like making the story work out my way and truth be told I'm kind of the romantic type (this applies much more in real life I assure you, good god, I need not be so nerdy as to forget which is which) and so combined with my liking for the character and the chemistry between her and Shepard, the need for a consistant plot and just sheer intent to remain noble Shepard stayed faithful to Ashley.

Besides, she's basically a hot female version of Ash from the Evil Dead trilogy, so that has to be a plus in her favour.

I have a FemShep that isn't fully paragon or renegade. I just play it as I see it. BioWare justifies all of my actions for me. Anyway my ME1 'ship was with Kaiden and I am actually attached to it. I tried to start over and kill off Kaiden in place of Ashley once and couldn't do it. It sucks that he isn't there and that in place of the 'ship I nurtured for so long I suddenly have to have some bi-racial relationship and Kaiden is still alive. I probably won't develop a relationship with anyone in ME2 since it feels like cheating. Although I do want the paragon achievement.
Obviously im conflicted if I found this forum seeking advice, but I needed to talk about it, my boyfriend just doesn't understand..I guess I could just go back to ME1 and create a cheating kinda girl...although that seems like an awful lot of work to get a piece of cartoon booty. I guess what I really need to know is if Kaiden comes back in ME3, because this isn't enough time after a break up to move on. Are we broken up? KAIDEN DID YOU BREAK UP WITH ME?

I cheated on Liara for Tali. But I swear Liara wanted us to be happy.

Jenova65:

The Madman:
Kinda surprised so many people are pissed at Ashley/Kaidan. I mean how would you react if two years after the person you loved had died, they show up again at the scene of a violent battle working for a group notorious for evvvvviiiiilllllllll. Hell, I'd be pissed and confused too!

No one remember the Cerebus quest-line from Mass Effect 1 where it's revealed they'd been experimenting on Alliance soldiers turning them into mindless Husks? How they killed the commander who went after them and tried multiple times to kill you to?

Sure, Shepards back! But on the other hand you've been dead two years and unlike Liara, Ashley/Kaidan didn't even know what really happened to you. If you play with Femshep in the email from Kaidan he says that his friends had just convinced him to move on and try dating again before you showed up again. Similar story with Ashley.

So yeah, I'm not angry. It'd be much more out of character if they were to simply leap into your arms and act as though nothing had ever happened after all. Besides, we all know they'll be back for the conclusion.

Totally this ^ Well put! Not to mention

I'd point out to this, however, that while it's been 2 years for them or for Liara, it was "yesterday" for you. So, in character, it's easy to see where Shepard would have an emotional disconnect with how Liara, Ashley, or Kaidan treats him. They weren't even sure he was really alive and you just saw them yesterday. Shepard's a coma patient who just woke up to a whole new world. I'm not sure I buy all the cheating on Liara excuses, but it is true that she doesn't just drop everything to go with Shepard and she is emotionally very distant when you first encounter her again (until LotSB). It's easy to understand why Shepard might feel abandoned by her, especially when they both know he's going on a mission where there's a good chance he'll die. To me, that was what motivated Shepard to cheat - impending death and the fact that Liara was nowhere to be found when Shepard needed someone. Does that make it right? No, but it does make it understandable, which I think counts for something.

Nope. I went with Ashley in Mass Effect 1 and I obviously couldn't get back with her. At first I tried going after Miranda but that didn't really work out, so I ended up with Tali.

See now this is something I'm in a bit of a moral quandary about because....I don't think it's cheating! You fucking died! You'd think at that point all relationships are null and void upon your return! Especially if it's been 2 years since then.

So my Femshep went with Thane in ME2, though I felt bad whenever I did LotSB.

Then that info came out that you may have trouble if you had to seperate lovers and I was like "fuck! They've already made me choose between Ashley and Kaidan, they're not above making me choose between lovers!"

So I went back, didn't romance Liara, and then romanced Thane.

I'm working on my Male Shep now, thinking about making him stay single throughout so he can meet someone in ME3 but I doubt I'll get it finished before I get my copy of ME3.

David Bray:
So I just cheated on Liara with Tali in Mass Effect 2. Bioware boasted I would cheat but looking at Miranda e.t.c. was just boring. Then the emotional impact of Tali's story won me over.
Perhaps I will restart to correct my soul but I might stick with it as it's quite intense.

There have been a couple of threads on WILL you cheat, but in hindsight I am asking: Did you cheat?

I really like Tali, but I am a big believer that once you settle down with someone you stick by them. Plus something tells me you should fuck with the bionic woman.

I haven't done any of the romance stuff and I never plan to. It just feels forced to me.

I didn't go for anyone in the first game. So when I chose Jack, no cheating was involved.

I tried to stay loyal to Liara. I tried to hard. When I went down to meet Miranda in the engine room, I felt so guilty.

My first playthrough I cheated on Ashley for Miranda, then I realized that was a really BAD thing (Miranda was a HUGE annoyance) , so I played it again (From ME1 to ME2)and I stayed straight with her and I am glad that My Shep is still with her. (Or at least I'm hoping that I will get be together with her)

I did once (Cheated on Kaidan with Garrus), but only for an achievement for I am sadly an achievement whore.

I'm trying to get through a ME1 playthrough where I don't romance Kaidan so I can actually romance Garrus and not feel bad about it. Which is actually really hard for me because The time I tried not to I still hooked up with him.

So much necromancy lately.... but I will bite.

My canon Shepard cheats on Liara with Tali because he feels betrayed by Liara and then cheats on Tali with Liara when she takes him back in Lair of the Shadow Broker.

That thread is not truly dead which can eternal lie...

OT:

Eddie the head:
It just feels forced to me.

In a nutshell.

I dropped Ashley after her back-stab on horizon.

My shepard is an "atoner" kind of guy! After all the shit he's done and seen, he's got emotional and anger issues! You don't become someone he actually cares about, then walk away while insinuating he's a terrorist! That's hurtful!

Tali has A MUCH more valid reason to hate Cerberus than Ash (they attacked her damn home fleet!), and yet she's willing to put that aside and trust Shepard. Why the hell can't Ash have done that? I'm sorry, but nice email, or no nice email, my Shepard is done with Ashley.

She might call it cheating. I call it having moved on after the other person ended it. As soon as she turned her back on Shepard, it was over.

Kahunaburger:

OT:

Eddie the head:

In a nutshell.

unlike Aerie and Viconia, or Carth and Bastila, amrite?

those were truly developed Romances /sarcasm

You sick, sick creature. How could you!? I'm joking, but seriously, Liara is amazing. And no, she didn't have anything with Feron. I can't wait to have her on my team again.

boag:

Kahunaburger:

OT:

Eddie the head:

In a nutshell.

Unlike? Bioware has never been able to write a very convincing romantic relationship. It's just not their strong suit as a company. IMO, some of the DA:O were the closest to "acceptable" they get, but even those were pretty meh. They should stick to sociopaths with funny anecdotes.

Kahunaburger:

boag:

Kahunaburger:

OT:

In a nutshell.

Unlike? Bioware has never been able to write a very convincing romantic relationship. It's just not their strong suit as a company. IMO, some of the DA:O were the closest to "acceptable" they get, but even those were pretty meh. They should stick to sociopaths with funny anecdotes.

I thought the /Sarcasm remark would be a clear cut way to show that I was being sarcastic.

boag:

Kahunaburger:

boag:

I thought the /Sarcasm remark would be a clear cut way to show that I was being sarcastic.

I thought you thought I was saying old Bioware was better at writing romances haha.

Kahunaburger:

boag:

Kahunaburger:

I thought you thought I was saying old Bioware was better at writing romances haha.

I have no idea why you would make such an assumption, im not sure if you are familiar with my posts, but my POV is that old bioware is pretty much the same as modern bioware.

A company that rehashes plots, uses a set piece of character archetypes and sprinkles them with hilarious character interactions (its saving grace).

Haven't really got that far in an ME game (10 hours of ME 1 sucked but I just booted up ME 2 last night for the first time lol)

However, in DA2 I cheated on Isabela with the elf girl... sadly I then "ended up" with her. I wanted the pirate booty :(

Being a PS3 player, I'm probably missing out on some of the drama from the romancing love triangles in the first game. All I get is an interactive back story comic.

That said, I chose "The mission comes first." for most of my play throughs of the game in the backstory comic, and even in the two times I didn't I didn't cheat on them. The first was Liara with my all paragon male Shepard on Insanity difficulty which was sweet to see culminate at the end of the Lair of the Shadow Broker mission. The other was with Kaiden on my mostly renegade female Shepard play through. Still did not cheat, but the bullshit he gave her on Horizon will probably make her even more bitter.

David Bray:
Perhaps I will restart to correct my soul but I might stick with it as it's quite intense.

There have been a couple of threads on WILL you cheat, but in hindsight I am asking: Did you cheat?

Question, stupid one at that. If I play FemShep, can I go with Tali? Please tell me yes...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked