Metro 2033 doesn't work!!

I just got if off of steam. Whenever I try to play it I get a message saying "metro 2033 executable has stopped working". Any help would be much appreciated. I don't no the exact specs to my PC but what I do know is that it can run the game at minimum specs (in theory).

im pretty sure its not out yet correct me if im wrong

D Y N A S T Y:
im pretty sure its not out yet correct me if im wrong

It is, came out about 2 hours ago.

I'm having the same problem (i5 750/5850/4GB/Vista64). Some folks on the Steam forums are reporting various fixes, but I haven't gotten any to work.

Edit: I just got it working by closing Steam, deleting "content.upk0" from program files/steam/steamapps/common/metro 2033, reopening Steam, right clicking Metro under games and selecting properties>verify local game cache to redownload the deleted file.

Horticulture:
I'm having the same problem (i5 750/5850/4GB/Vista64). Some folks on the Steam forums are reporting various fixes, but I haven't gotten any to work.

Edit: I just got it working by closing Steam, deleting "content.upk0" from program files/steam/steamapps/common/metro 2033, reopening Steam, right clicking Metro under games and selecting properties>verify local game cache to redownload the deleted file.

Did not work for me. I also tried so many different solutions suggested on the Steam forums, but none worked. I updated my graphics drivers against Vista's will, to beta 197.13 (NVidea), I installed a DirectX-fix and just now I tried your thing.

I will now reinstall the whole game, although I have my doubts...

Edit USER.CFG and find R_QUALITY string, change it to 0 or 1 and "Metro 2033 Executable" problem is gone ...

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked