do you want to see this good old game reviewed?
hell yes!
23.8% (25)
23.8% (25)
a....no.
22.9% (24)
22.9% (24)
I have not played it
9.5% (10)
9.5% (10)
never heard of it....
10.5% (11)
10.5% (11)
he wont even if i say yes. :(
20% (21)
20% (21)
movie bob should review it!
12.4% (13)
12.4% (13)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: conker's bad fur day zero-punctuation video review

Pages 1 2 NEXT

bad fur day NOT Live & Reloaded

First of all, welcome to The Escapist.

Might want to try reading the posting guidelines if you haven't already.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.116827-These-forums-and-you-Forum-Posting-Guidelines

Second of all, I don't think Yahtzee does classic reviews.

While it was good then it will not have aged well and to be honest I never really care what he reviews.

... No.

Just... no.

I'm not even going to click my answer on the poll.

That would be a very stupid move.

Why would you tell Yahtzee what to review?
It's his show, he knows what's best for it.

can make him review anything if you find a few thousand lambs to bleet the game you want

No and even if I did, Yahtzee hates it when people tell him what to review.

jamesmax42:

Why? They're almost exactly the same game; Live & Reloaded just has infinitely better graphics >_>

What precisely is so special about this particular game that it would warrant taking time off the reviews of new games. You know new games, the kind of games that people read reviews for so that they can get a grasp of what the general game will be like so that they can choose whether or not the item warrants a purchase based on their tasted and how the game displays itself.

You know where you'll fit in really well: GaiaOnline.

But anyway...

I'd like to see him review that. I'd like to see him review tons of games. Doesn't mean he will or should.

Baron_BJ:
What precisely is so special about this particular game that it would warrant taking time off the reviews of new games. You know new games, the kind of games that people read reviews for so that they can get a grasp of what the general game will be like so that they can choose whether or not the item warrants a purchase based on their tasted and how the game displays itself.

you actually use zero punctuation to decide if you want to by a game or not? i mean the shows funny but all he ever does if make fun of the game its not really useful as an actual review.

Theshadowthatknows:

Baron_BJ:

you actually use zero punctuation to decide if you want to by a game or not? i mean the shows funny but all he ever does if make fun of the game its not really useful as an actual review.

I watch multiple reviews and all the reviews on Escapist as well (they all seem to give opposite views of eachother too which I find strange, so I balance the opinions and see if it's the kind of thing that suits my taste) and no, no critics/reviewers don't make the final call, but they're a big influence, they're more accurate a preview than what the game themselves and the ads will portray. Also in many cases Yahtzee is accurate but when watching Yahtzee you have to take the insults with a mountain of salt since he takes the piss out of pretty much everything. Though when he does say something is of quality it's a good indicator that it is of high quality.

Welcome to the Escapist. You will learn in time what constitutes good posting. This ain't it.

Welcome to the Escapist.

In time hopefully you will learn what constitutes a good post and what will get you banned or suspended. Also, Yatzhee almost completely ignores fan requests and does not review old games.

Anyway welcome to the Escapist.

Why would Yahtzee waste his time reviewing an old game when he's got a shitton of new games to play through and make reviews of?

right i just want to sya to all those who havent played it , WHY THE HELL NOT? it is the best game ever if u dont have an n64 get it just to play it (and dont play the xbox remake thats shit) its funny it has bulls shitting themselves to death u pissing on rock people to make them fall down a giant pit becoming a bat shitting on people picking them up and putting them in a giant grinder i could go on but i won't so buy the game

live and reloded changes gameplay completley (and not for the better)

JeanLuc761:

jamesmax42:

Why? They're almost exactly the same game; Live & Reloaded just has infinitely better graphics >_>

Matt King:
live and reloded changes gameplay completley (and not for the better)

JeanLuc761:

jamesmax42:

I'll be honest, I thought Live and Reloaded was superior to the original in every conceivable way.

Oh well, just my opinion.

He can't review Conker's Bad Fur Day, because that game is 100% awesome, there's nothing bad about it :D

Furburt:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.116827-These-forums-and-you-Forum-Posting-Guidelines

He doesn't do reviews at all... He is a game critic thats why his videos are terrible if you want to find out if the game is good or not. I mean I like the videos they are funny but there is no way in hell he should be considered a reviewer, that's an insult to people who write reviews.

EDIT: Welcome to The Escapist enjoy your stay here.

JeanLuc761:
I'll be honest, I thought Live and Reloaded was superior to the original in every conceivable way.

I would agree, only I hate how they changed the way the Frying Pan was changed into a Baseball Bat, made you have to defeat a couple of enemies in every new area (pointless if you ask me), Change the way you attack enemies, change the way the 'War' chapter is played because of the weapons change. They also dumbed down some areas and made a few things a bit easier like the Bullfight (only having to knock each cow once instead of once, twice, three times as you progress). Then they censored some of the swearing from the original game that actually made the game so funny. Like the opera-scene. Just left me feeling like the experience on the N64 was more satisfying.

Yahtzee would review Live+Reloaded if it wasn't a couple of years old because a Critic CAN rip into this game with knowledge of the first one. As for the original gem, Yahtzee wouldn't review this anymore than he will review Goldeneye or anymore of your requests until you piss him off he'll take your beloved gem and give it the 'Brawl' treatment.

P.S. I don't like Brawl. Kinda hard to like a game that plays better on the previous consoles controller and take away the character you enjoyed in the previous one.

JeanLuc761:

Live and Reloaded was censored.

That's like playing Gears of War with the violence filter enabled...

Flour:

JeanLuc761:

Live and Reloaded was censored.

That's like playing Gears of War with the violence filter enabled...

Oddly enough, I thought the *bleeps* made the cursing even more hilarious.

Theshadowthatknows:

Baron_BJ:

I'd say that's only true for his negative reviews. i've never disliked a game that he praises, but there's plenty of them that i enjoy, but he dislikes.

Furburt:

Nope. He reviewed "Psychonauts". He did another one on "Thief". He does them, just not often, yeah?

VonBrewskie:

Nope. He reviewed "Psychonauts". He did another one on "Thief". He does them, just not often, yeah?

True, but you must note, both of those are PC games primarily. I don't recall him ever mentioning he owned a N64 or played any games on it.

Furburt:

VonBrewskie:

True, but you must note, both of those are PC games primarily. I don't recall him ever mentioning he owned a N64 or played any games on it.

You sure Psychonauts was primarily a PC game? It got hyped pretty hard for the original XBox, didn't it? I don't know on that one. I know "Theif" was a PC game. O.K. I see your point. He also did a retrospective on the Silent Hill series too though...further, I don't remember him ever saying he's ever eaten Cheerios or trained a dog. He may very well have eaten Cheerios AND trained a dog. Possibly at the same time! Upsidedown even! Point being, just because he didn't mention it doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't had an N64 or played any games on it. Conker is kinda far back there though. The Silent Hill games Yahtzee loves are the PS2 ones anyway, yah?

Furburt:

VonBrewskie:

Psychonauts is a console game ported to the PC, at least it feels like it. The controls feel like a console and the gameplay also does. I'm not bashing it.

Yahtzee doesn't usually review old games, unless they're part of his best games of all time super star tag team...but right now he's got God of War 3 in about 2 weeks, Heavy Rain, Battlefield Bad Company 2 (prolly) and a few others, and he MIGHT even do FFXIII just for the challenge, so he's got all those, plus anything else coming out

He doesn't do classics because you already KNOW about them, so I have to admit, having him tell us a few things just about older games in an extra punctuation like setting would be nice, just mentioning games he thought did well in his way is always entertaining

CheckD3:
he MIGHT even do FFXIII just for the challenge

Yahtzee slagging off a JRPG is a 'challenge'? He's made it abundantly clear (stating outright in fact) that he's not a fan of the genre.

Craftybonds:

Theshadowthatknows:

Baron_BJ:

I'd say that's only true for his negative reviews. i've never disliked a game that he praises, but there's plenty of them that i enjoy, but he dislikes.

true when he says a games good its always good but he hardly ever gives good reviews

Theshadowthatknows:

Baron_BJ:

I have to agree with you there, I find it funny when I look at the forums after a ZP clip and see how many people say "Good thing I saved money not buying THAT game!!" I mean... really? Yahtzee says something bad about EVERY game...

Even some of my personal favorites had a severe bashing, but that doesn't mean they weren't fun. Besides it's pretty obvious when he does think a game is severely poor quality, but I fear not many people actually read that far into what he's really trying to say...

He does bring up some valid points about games all the time in his clips though, people just need to learn that even though most of his review is pointing out the bad in the game... Doesn't mean that the game is any less enjoyable. There are quite a few clips where he states it quite obviously when he feels that the game was a big waste of time all together..

You can tell by how the review is done if he really thought it was good or worth getting in his opinion. Usually he'll say a cop out like "though I'm about to beat this to death it was actually a good game" (Miss quoted but from Bioshock review) or he has really petty complaints (see Mass Effect 2 Review). Generally I don't listen to a lot of reviews for various reasons, I have my one or two that I trust based on many, many reviews that reflect my views on certain games. Yahtzee I watch for entertainment, not decision making on how my money should be spent.

No, and he wont, end of story.

Can we please finally stop the ZP threads?

yahtzee reveiws older games during the summer games drought, but i think some can keep him busy. trasnformers war for cybertron might catch his attention. what would yahtzee be like if he reveiwed a trasnformer game?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked