A beginner's Guide to playing Rush in Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

I just wanted to make this guide to show some new people how to play. Also, it's because I've seen people actually run away from an M-COM station that has a charge on it, while defending.

Basic Defending

The objective here is to protect the 2 M-COM Stations from being destroyed. The enemy team will try to set up a charge on the M-COM stations. If they do, you must disarm it. Your temporary life does not matter in terms of the M-COM station. If both M-COM stations are destroyed, you will be pushed back to another part of the map with another 2 M-COM stations. There are 4 parts to every map. You may be asking yourself: "How do I win?" This is simple. 75 enemy players must be killed in one area of the map for you to win.

Don't over-do it

You may think to advance as the attackers begin to weaken in their resolve. Do not do this! I have seen this too many times. The enemies are now able to completely bypass you! Then, a charge is set and it would only take an alright attacker to defend the charge while you run a mile to the M-COM station.

Sniping while a Defender

Most of the Snipers I see on Battlefield: Bad Company 2 can snipe, but lack sense. Stay adjacent to an M-COM station. Snipe the regular paths that people take to the M-COM station and try to be able to see inside the building of the station or one of its entrances. Don't blow up a part of the building to look inside, though. That will weaken its defenses.

Other Classes

I don't really see anyone using their other classes wrong. If you have anything to contradict this, message me.

Basic Attacking

Your objective here is to destroy the 2 M-COM stations and move up until a total of 8 have been destroyed by your team. All of this has to be done before your teammates and you die a total of 75 times. Here I will show you basic strategies that will help you destroy your objectives.

Set a charge(duh)

Break through the enemy defenses and set a charge. (If you get close, but all your companions are gone, wait a while. Most people will realize they need to spawn on you when they die.) Hide behind some cover, when you set a charge and kill anyone who tries to disarm it or gets too close. If you feel your defenses are quavering, load out all your explosives on the M-COM station. This will tie in to the next strategy quite nicely.

Blast it to smithereens

The enemy defenses may be too strong for your team. This is when we employ this and the next strategy. It's really simple. Get any explosives you have, blow a whole in the building containing the M-COM station( if there is one) and lay waste to the M-COM station. If you damage it, you will get points and the M-COM station's letter will blink. It's extremely difficult to counter this strategy when there is a group of snipers near the station allowing the attackers to spawn. Yes, the latter statement was just a hint for you to do that if you play sniper or medic.

Destruction 2.0

What is this? When you collapse a building above an M-COM station or player, the game calls it "Destruction 2.0". Why is this? I don't know(Please tell me if you do.) why. You use this strategy when you can't get a clear shot at the M-COM station and you can't get through the enemy defenses. If you destroy about half the base of a building, it collapses and everything in it is destroyed and killed. This is where C4 is better than a mortar strike. Just keep "nuking" the building until it collapses and you've got one down! Nice Job!

Other Things

These are things that are used for any game mode or side.

Engineers

1)If you have a microphone, communicate with the drivers on your team. Tell them to stop for repairs sometime. Tell UAV pilots to land near you for repairs, especially.
2)Remember, your repair tool can drill holes and damage other tanks.
3)Use your rocket launcher to destroy cover.

Assault

1)Frequently drop ammo boxes, especially when your team is attempting Attack strategies 2 and 3.
2)Bust open your own ways into buildings with your grenade launcher.
3)Also use your grenade launcher to eliminate enemy cover.

Snipers

1)If you don't have "Spot" yet, you can still spot enemies. On the PS3, press "Select". Not sure how to do it on other consoles.
2)Also, don't equip a tracer gun. Ever!
3)Get accurate with a pistol. You'll need it when you have to defuse a charge.

Medics

1)Revive your teammates and heal. It shows those who need healing on the mini-map.
2)Please add to this by messaging me. Nobody really does anything wrong with medics.

Heavy Vehicles

Tanks

Tanks are your steamrollers. They aren't invulnerable, though. Keep an engineer handy for when you get hit. The tanks I'm talking about are the Abrams and MBT. They only allow 2 people inside: a driver and gunner.

Odd Tanks

There are 3 of these. The Bakhcha, Bradley and Bakhcha AA. The Bakhcha and Bradley are really just less powerful tanks. They do allow more people inside(4) and let them have the generally useless job of covering the flanks with weak machine guns. The Bakhcha AA is, supposedly, an Anti-Aircraft vehicle. It's like the regular Bakhcha, but with an AA gunner, instead of a Machine Gun. You'll probably just kill those who are stuck on the ground, anyway.

Light Vehicles

Cobra, HMMWV(or Humvee) and the Vodnik

There is very little difference in these vehicles at all. The Cobra, supposedly, has more armor. They work the same way, though. They're used for Troop Transportation and not dying before you get there. They have a gunner on top for the special reason of keeping Engineers distracted. I've seen some use these vehicle to spawn camp, but don't do that. It's unethical, you know!

The Quad Bike

It's a motorcycle with four wheels that moves fast. That's all it is! Don't try to fight with it. Just get on and use spastic movements to get to your objective without dying! Oh, I almost forgot! It also seats 2, with one facing backwards and unable to do a thing with all the maneuvers!

Aerial Vehicles

UAV

The UAV is akin to what it is used for in Modern Warfare 2, but with missiles. When you see an enemy, spot them. It's best to only go after tanks and M-COM stations with its missiles, though. Land when you start smoking for repairs. But, be careful, don't exit or the UAV is dead.

Helicopters

These are very powerful vehicles, use them wisely. Also if you are going to crash land near a M-COM station, make sure the vehicle is destroyed!

Apaches, Havocs and Hinds, oh my!

The Havoc and Apache are simple clones of each other, while the Hind is a different beast. The Hind has a crew of 2 like the Havoc and Apache. Yet, the Hind is better for capturing objectives. The Hind has the ability to carry 2 more players along with its crew. This can lead to instant spawning on objectives, easily. Just don't forget to open your parachute(mash X on the PS3 and mash A on the 360) on the way down or we might have a pancake of you on the ground!

The Transport

This helicopter allows a pilot, 2 minigunners and 2 regular troops inside. It's like one of the parents of the Hind. Not much firepower besides the minigunners, but a great spawn location. I would suggest you keep an Engineer as a minigunner for when you get hit. It's difficult, but possible to repair a helicopter in mid-air.

Water Transports

These vehicles go really fast... ON WAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!1!

The Patrol Boat

It's a boat with 2 grenade launchers and a seat for a lazy passenger. If you didn't do the math, that makes 4 seats with a crew of 3. Just use it to get to the other side of the water.

The Jetski...err...The Waterski...err the Personal Water Craft...

I had no idea the military supply its units with Jetskis until I played Bad Company. Besides the awful name, the PWC is the water clone of the Quad bike. It's better, though. The backseatman can turn around. But, it doesn't matter. You'll live with this unless there is a Heavy MG on the other side.

The Stationaries

Just shoot anything that looks enemy-like!

Well, that's my guide. Now go out there are kick some ass. Also, don't forget to message with any contributions to it! Oh and don't forget to post your own strategies, triumphs and opinions!

Note:I'm sorry about the dry writing, but I typed this up instead of doing homework.

Excuse me, but I believe there is an error with the server.

Edit: Nevermind!

Nice job, :)

Though with the UAV, i found it great for killing guys on Heavy MGs and to try to get it fixed is not worth it.

Blackadder51:

Though with the UAV, i found it great for killing guys on Heavy MGs and to try to get it fixed is not worth it.

But, it takes so long to come back! A lot of people I've played with have really loved playing the UAV. Everything in the Guide is really just whatever I thought was important enough to mention. Also, your avatar is awesome!

IHateDaManSkirt:

Blackadder51:

But, it takes so long to come back! A lot of people I've played with have really loved playing the UAV. Everything in the Guide is really just whatever I thought was important enough to mention. Also, your avatar is awesome!

Thats true for the Hellfire missile its take so long for it to reload, but the light machine gun can still do some half-decent damage.

Edit: Wait, you ment the actual UAV to respawn (sp?) didn't you?

Blackadder51:

IHateDaManSkirt:

Blackadder51:

Thats true for the Hellfire missile its take so long for it to reload, but the light machine gun can still do some half-decent damage.

Edit: Wait, you ment the actual UAV to respawn (sp?) didn't you?

I believe I did. Also, you didn't spell respawn wrong but, you did misspell "meant" wrong. Anyway, why does nobody reply, but you? I thank you for posting, though.

Nice guide, but two things...

1) On Basic defending, you didn't mention any good tactics for defeating attackers going for Destruction 2.0. A key thing for defenders is to keep an eye out for any tanks or UAVs. Those vehicles can lay waste to a building in a matter of seconds. Also, keep an eye out for enemy assault or snipers hanging around your base, they can also easily destroy a building.

2) On UAV's, you failed to mention how epic the alternate fire for it can be. With the alternate fire specialization, the UAV is equiped not only with missiles, but with a nice machine gun as well. This is an effective way to pass the time while you missile is reloading.

Other than that, nice job.

While i was playing in the PC beta i noticed a lot of people didn't know that you can turn while charging/defusing an M-COM and spot an enemy coming for you. I didn't buy the game later so i don't know if people got this, but in the beta it gave me an awful lot of knifing opportunities as they were all trying to do it face down.

Oh i so wanna play again.

Nice guide, but I think you forgot to include "spotting" for players to know, since that is a great help to the team, especially for snipers.

Another really good tip for defenders is to defoliate!
Grab a fixed MG and shoot in bursts 4-5 shots at the base of trees. You can clear big patches of forest/jungle quickly this way and create a killing field which the attackers must move across. Take out a couple of trees, scan for enemies, then keep going at the trees. Firing in bursts means your MG never needs to have down time to cool.
I used this last night on the first M-Coms stations of Port Valdez with the fixed (and armored) MG on the partially constructed building. By half way through the game, I had completely stripped the "snipers hill" and both sides of the road of foliage, and the trees around 'A' as well. No-one could come any closer than the snipers hill before being spotted (by me) and then shot at/killed. It also allows you to spot enemy tanks far earlier.
Sure, I died a couple of times, once from a UAV missle and once from a nice sniper shot, but that doesn't matter when you're defending, and racking up 20 kills on the MG.
We held BOTH M-Com stations at the first section, very unusual. I almost felt sorry for the attackers.
If you're attacking, it's unwise to use this tactic to do anything more than clear a line of sight a little. It makes it impossible for your comrades to move forwards, removes cover for snipers and medics, and generally plays into the hands of the defenders.

Its called "Destruction 2.0" because the new physics engine allows buildings to collapse on players and kill them, as compared to the first BC (or Destruction 1.0, as it were) where that wasn't possible.

Good guide, well thought out.

Also, if you use the explosive spec that upgrades damage and the one that lets you carry more (optional) you can destroy the 2 storey attic building with 3 c4 (one on each side face and a 3rd on one of the long faces, put them about where the floor on the second storey is, so about halfway up).

With 2 c4 you can destroy the small square building like the one that holds A in port valdez when the game first starts.

Reviving someone as medic gives you back the respawn ticket.

Try slapping a bunch of C4 on an ATV or UAV, drive/fly to M-COM. Detonate.

If you're defending, blow the sides of buildings facing you off. It will rob the attackers of hiding/sniping locations.

As medic, throw a medpak at someone manning a MG. If will help them stay alive longer and give you some nice points.

A group of medics in a building can be near impossible to wipe out.

Sabotage. Destroy helos, tanks, PBLBs, whatever they have before they leave.

The repair tool rips opposing tanks apart.

Leave ATVs laying around with mines infront of them.

As defence, it pays to have 1-3 men assaulting to harrass the attackers.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked