80% of people avoid me =[

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Distorted Stu:
On xbox live it says that 80% of people who i have played against have avoided me. Thats a lot of people!!

Here are my rep stats for xbox live:

As for the communication, i never have my mic in. Looking at my behaviour, im apperntly unsporting. I don't understand this, im a fair player, i dont glitch, cheat or greif. So why do people avoid me so much? =[

Also, while im here, feel free to talk about your rep. Sorry PS3 users, feel free to talk about GoW3 (I want to play it so bad).

EDIT: Just wondering, how can you be agressive? Its a game, not like you can personaly bully someone.

Take it with a pinch of salt mate, People can "grief" your rep, simply by giving you negative feedback and asking all their mates to do the same to you.

I got a REALLY hate filled message once (no reason for it, wasn't even on recently played list.), so I returned a message stating that there was no need for that sort of behavior, and that I'd be filing a complaint.

Next day I took a 20% negative hit from him and his clan. (was at 100%)

Again, take it with a pinch of salt.

Make it 81% now

:)

People give you negative feedback for playing the game well, for example on MW2 people report you for killing them even though they are on opposing team.

I get hated on, on PSN for my username, NukethewhalesMO. Apparently people don't like when your name doesn't have something to do with sports, rap artists, or having whitesuburbankidtryingtobeblackatitis.

It's good, though, because when I come out at the top of the score boards, they get to eat their words.

On an unrelated note, does anyone else notice that virtually no-one who plays MW2 knows how to play domination? I find that half the time I'm the only one taking domination points while my team goes around going "Herp, derp! I care about my K/D in Domination!"

Distorted Stu:
On xbox live it says that 80% of people who i have played against have avoided me. Thats a lot of people!!

Maybe its the smell?

Eggsnham:
I get hated on, on PSN for my username, NukethewhalesMO. Apparently people don't like when your name doesn't have something to do with sports, rap artists, or having whitesuburbankidtryingtobeblackatitis.

It's good, though, because when I come out at the top of the score boards, they get to eat their words.

On an unrelated note, does anyone else notice that virtually no-one who plays MW2 knows how to play domination? I find that half the time I'm the only one taking domination points while my team goes around going "Herp, derp! I care about my K/D in Domination!"

That's very true - I seem to be the only one who tries to capture/defend points. It's irritating still losing despite the fact you were up and down after flags all game.

Distorted Stu:

As for the communication, i never have my mic in. Looking at my behaviour, im apperntly unsporting. I don't understand this, im a fair player, i dont glitch, cheat or greif. So why do people avoid me so much? =[

Also, while im here, feel free to talk about your rep. Sorry PS3 users, feel free to talk about GoW3 (I want to play it so bad).

maybe you just gove off a bad vibe

EDIT: Just wondering, how can you be agressive? Its a game, not like you can personaly bully someone.

I didn't really think those numbers mattered for much did they? People are only going to submit a player review if they don't like you generally so I would of thought it was going to be a high avoid rate. (If I'm with someone I like I don't submit a good player review).

Maybe you're just better than them. I've had people give me bad rep just for beating them on Forza 2...

Douk:

Distorted Stu:

Unsporting basically means you beat their asses bad and they couldn't take it.

My thoughts exactly. I think of it like this, if the peasant's hate you, its because the lord is doing very well for himself."

I avoid 80% of all people. Wait, we're talking about Xbox live? Don't have that, but if I did that percent would probably go up to 90.

Distorted Stu:

Ah I have this as well...the language I might understand, but I'm far from unsporting. I think it's just what people do to spite you. Like, you've argued with them, so they just pick anything.

I'm not sure how the stats are worked out, since it says that about 60% of everyone I play with/against avoid me. I find that hard to believe. I don't know anyone sad enough to go through every they've played with and then review them. I think the players are only taken into account if they Prefer or Avoid you, ignoring them if they did neither.

On CoD 4, I misery loves company'd some dude, and was teabaggin' behind him whilst cooking the grenade.

He then proceeded to send me messages calling me a 'noob', and I believe he then 'avoided' me. I mean, come on, I was doing a challenge.

Eggsnham:

That's why I hate playing Domination. It's my favourite match type on MW2 and its great fun when people are actually co-operating. But half the time I'm on the game I'm running around taking points while the rest of my team rush ahead to have a wee showdown with the other team. I get a shit K/D but I come out on the top of the scoreboard a lot so it's all good.

OT: I've got 100% rep. Well, I did last time I checked. I can't be bothered going on and having a look to be honest. My friend does have 76% avoided or something, because he's reeeeeally good at Halo 3 & MW2 he plays online and whenever I'm in a game with him, he gets a torrent of abuse from 13 year old boys at the end when he comes out at the top of the scoreboard.

People have a tendency to, when beaten, blame the winner for unsporting behaviour or, if they cannot think of a reason to doubt the legality of your win, your character and attitude

If THEY win, however, then it is clearly your lack of skill or sore loosing that is the problem

76% Avoided you.

Trash talk 10%
Language 17% (Yes I am sad to admit I was one of those 12year old little shits on Halo 3)
Disruptive 0%

Aggressive 10&
Unsporting 35%
Quit early 10%

Most of my rep is about language, even though I hardly swear over live. Maybe it's just because those retarded eight year olds that crawl all over live can't understand all the big words I use. (E.g. any word that consists of more then four letters.) Plus, it's no reason to feel bad, they just give decent gamers bad rep.

Heh, I had like 40% of the people avoiding me on Halo 3. Said I was too unsporting and aggressive. I guess they don't like me taking a rocket launcher to their face >_>

Distorted Stu:

Just ignore it, many people will just rank you down for any reason just because you beat... *cough cough* owned them. *cough cough*

Sadly, the rating system and reputation system on the 360 is just broken.

That's 80% of the people who have submitted reviews, not 80% of the people you have played with. And some people are just douches.

The Hairminator:
That's 80% of the people who have submitted reviews, not 80% of the people you have played with. And some people are just douches.

I would have to agree with this. I very rarely bother to fill out that avoid this player thing. They have to be a real ass for me to do that. I think I've only ever done it twice, for relentless trash talkers... in a game of spades. I kid you not. How do you get to the point where you trash talk in spades?

If someone kicks my ass in a game, I don't want to avoid them, I want revenge!!! *shakes fist*

I don't think I have any avoids, but if I did, I wouldn't rightly care. If an asshole wants to avoid me, why would I want to stop them?

Hmmmmm, do you use juggernaught, a tac knife runner class, noob tube often, or use duel models because i avoid people who play like that and i classify it as unsporty

open trap:
Hmmmmm, do you use juggernaught, a tac knife runner class, noob tube often, or use duel models because i avoid people who play like that and i classify it as unsporty

I don't use any of those classes, i hate them too!

I don't play Xbox sorry... But if you are a fellow "escapist" then you are not avoided.

i once got reported for getting 23 kills in a row in CoD lol

the only people ive avoided were either trash talking 6 year olds or the occasionaly modder but even then i have some pretty high standards when it comes to avoiding people

Me and my friends try to get a terrible rank and prefer anyone who rage quits or get really frustrated. Ah the joys of X-box Live.

you play a competitive game dont you?? people are sore losers, if you win by too much, they will submit a bad review, and if they dont like you for some odd reason they will get all their alternate accts and their friends to submit bad reviews of you. happened to me, after playing 6 matched of avp my rep dropped 8%. i have been playing for 6 years 8% is ALOT

Distorted Stu:

Oh wow... Big brother much?
I'm real happy to be a PC gamer, and I don't have to put up with this rep. crap, also it reaffirms my belief that if I had enuff money, and somewhere to put a big-ass TV, I'd be buying a PS3.

Distorted Stu:

As for the communication, i never have my mic in. Looking at my behaviour, im apperntly unsporting. I don't understand this, im a fair player, i dont glitch, cheat or greif. So why do people avoid me so much?

It's how the system is meant to work. If I don't want to be paired up with you again I leave bad feedback then it's less likely to happen'

Good example, if you tube the opposing spawn at the start of the map, even if we're on the same team/you don't kill me I'll leave you bad rep. You are not cheating, thats what complaints are for, but you are not the sort of person I want to play with. Thats my choice.

Likewise if you spend all game sat in the corner with an SMG/shotgun and only move to get back there after being fragged, you'll get bad rep from me, even if we're on the same team. I don't find it fun, I want to have fun so I'll increase my chances of finding someone who it will be fun to play against.

Maybe you should look at the way you play if your rep bothers you so much. My rep nose dived when I started to play endwar. If your disabled unit is spotting for your artillery until the evac chopper arrives you can guarentee Im killing it. The same way if you deep strike an uplink I'm defending without supporting your troops. I'll kill them to discourage further attempts.

People don't like it and feel its unsporting so they file bad rep. It is how the system is meant to work. It's much better than the tards who shout abuse because they don't like your play style.

Icecoldcynic:
When it says 80%, it actually means 80% of people who actually looked at your gamer profile. Since people rarely do that unless it's to submit a bad review, that's where the bloated figures come from. It's a stupid way of doing it, but that's just how it is.

OHHHHHHH!!!!

That makes sense.

To be fair you get avoided for the stupidest of things, most of mine come from going around unblocking entrance ways in left 4 dead ( Seriously what was the point in blocking people in that stupid elevator)

Distorted Stu:

What's rep? I know you can avoid and prefer players and it had something to do with your stars but I didn't now anyone actually used that. I don't. Can you tell me how to navigate to get to this information cuz I want to find out what people think about me.

MicrosoftPaysMe:

Distorted Stu:

What's rep? I know you can avoid and prefer players and it had something to do with your stars but I didn't now anyone actually used that. I don't. Can you tell me how to navigate to get to this information cuz I want to find out what people think about me.

When your on your xbox (it needs to be hooked up online), press the big middle button on the pad, go to view profile > view rep. I believe thats how you do it lol

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked