Just Cause 2, Worth It?

I played the demo, and I fucking loved it. Buying it should be a no brainer. However since I never get hold of money nowadays, and finding employment right now if very difficult I have to make sure I'm well looked after when it comes to games.

Should I buy Just Cause 2, or Preorder Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption looks to be a fucking brilliant game, but after GTAIV I'm skeptical of R*. What would you do? What should I do? Do you like Taco's or Burrito's?

Discuss!

EDIT: I forgot to make a poll, but it's not showing up when I go to edit my post, Can I edit a poll in?

If you can, buy both, if not, red dead is the one you want.

EDIT: I like tacos.

Double edit: no, you cannot edit a poll in.

I'd get Red Dead Redemption. It just looks superior.

You can play the Just Cause 2 demo up until it comes out

Eeeeeh, eventually you would get extremely bored of JC2 .

Hubilub:

That's what I think, but I'm very skeptical after GTAIV. Though it does look like it could be epic, plus the Preorder Bonuses are pretty sweet as well, An uber horse, Golden Guns, Outfit that refill Dead Eye faster and the Soundtrack.

From the demo i thought Just Cause 2 wasn't worth it. If you like it you can get it, i won't stop you.

Just Cause 2. Trade in when RDR comes out.

imahobbit4062:

Hubilub:

That's what I think, but I'm very skeptical after GTAIV. Though it does look like it could be epic, plus the Preorder Bonuses are pretty sweet as well, An uber horse, Golden Guns, Outfit that refill Dead Eye faster and the Soundtrack.

As someone who has played the first game (Read Dead Revolver), I can safely say, go with RDR. The first game was humorous when necessary, explosive, and a lot of fun. Just Cause 2's demo was brilliant, but it is a game you can wait for, I certainly wouldn't call it a buy-on-release title.

RDR is your best option. The first game was great, and every fault with it will surely be addressed in this game.

Well seeing as how I make it a vow to hate all console exclusive games, I would say.. go with Just Cause 2. Looks pretty kick ass ;) (I'm about to get it as well, hopefully its good and not buggy like the first one)

StarStruckStrumpets:

imahobbit4062:

Hubilub:

As someone who has played the first game (Read Dead Revolver), I can safely say, go with RDR. The first game was humorous when necessary, explosive, and a lot of fun. Just Cause 2's demo was brilliant, but it is a game you can wait for, I certainly wouldn't call it a buy-on-release title.

RDR is your best option. The first game was great, and every fault with it will surely be addressed in this game.

I never did get to play the first, I did play GUN however. Which was a limited free roam western but it was great.

I'd say it's worth it, but only if you like a game with great dicking around potential, which I love (hence why I love Prototype, despite it being only a reasonably good game). Just Cause might bore you otherwise, but it's a game you could always come back to later for some fun. If you like to sit down to a serious game then Red Dead Redemption is probably your game, if you want to attach cars to fighter jets and knock stuff over with them then Just Cause 2 is for you.

TyrantGanado:
I'd say it's worth it, but only if you like a game with great dicking around potential, which I love (hence why I love Prototype, despite it being only a reasonably good game). Just Cause might bore you otherwise, but it's a game you could always come back to later for some fun. If you like to sit down to a serious game then Red Dead Redemption is probably your game, if you want to attach cars to fighter jets and knock stuff over with them then Just Cause 2 is for you.

Funny you should mention Prototype, since I was thinking of trading that in for RDR (Don't get me wrong, the platforming is the best in any videogame I've seen, but there is just nothing to do after you beat the lackluster storyline). And since my GH3 Guitar is fucked, GH3 is useless to me now, and all I need is one more to get it for free.

Just cause 2 ftw! that game is simply amazing. leaving me without words..

Caurus:
no

Thanks for that contribution.

OT: Personally, Just Cause 2 seemed like an average game to me when I played the demo, and I have a hidden lust for the Wild West, apparently, so I'm gonna be going with RDR.

EDIT: Although I stand by my word that JC2 has one of the most awesome launch trailers ever.

imahobbit4062:

TyrantGanado:

Funny you should mention Prototype, since I was thinking of trading that in for RDR (Don't get me wrong, the platforming is the best in any videogame I've seen, but there is just nothing to do after you beat the lackluster storyline). And since my GH3 Guitar is fucked, GH3 is useless to me now, and all I need is one more to get it for free.

My copy went wayward after I loaned it to a friend who let his brother play it who he has since stopped talking to, so bah, no more dicing NYC. And my World Tour guitar is fecked, but my GHIII one works fine haha.

hazabaza1:

Caurus:
no

Didn't see the point it prattling on...
Its an OK game, but there is nothing special about it.
So to reiterate, no.

Caurus:

hazabaza1:

Caurus:
no

Didn't see the point it prattling on...
Its an OK game, but there is nothing special about it.
So to reiterate, no.

Probably because I gave some contribution in my first post.
Just sayin'.

But I'll let you off, since you're new.

Just Cause 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. Buy it, for the love of God. I've been playing it for 35 hours since I bought it a few days ago and I'm not bored yet.

scobie:
Just Cause 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. Buy it, for the love of God. I've been playing it for 35 hours since I bought it a few days ago and I'm not bored yet.

I might just do the trade in deal for Just Cause 2, I checked on JB-HI-FI's website and they didn't show anything about the trade in deal for it, anyone in Australia well...NSW know if I can do the trade in deal for JC2?

I would go with Just Cause 2. Can always trade in.

I Bought it two days ago and i haven't stopped till now. it's fuckin brilliant.

hazabaza1:
But I'll let you off, since you're new.

thanks - you can patronise me while you're at it :P

Caurus:
thanks - you can patronise me while you're at it :P

Will do. I'll remember that when I see another of your posts.

Just Cause 2 is amazing, you should get it now. It will last you until Red Dead Redemption comes out and you can worry about having money for that when the time comes.

Just Cause 2 is great and a lot of fun, but it gets repetative. If you lack in the financial department I'd wait until it's cheaper. I'm carefully optimistic about Red Dead Redemption, but maybe you should wait and see until it's out and decide which one to buy then. Deciding between a game that's out and one that isn't can be troublesome.

And I like tacos.

Just cause 2 has a massive playground to do all your hollywood style stunts, and the missions give you the potential to do so, but then again i'm impressed by the dynamic open world of Red Dead. I would say just wait until RDR comes out, because I'm sure that by then you'll have a bit more cash.

imahobbit4062:
I played the demo, and I fucking loved it. Buying it should be a no brainer. However since I never get hold of money nowadays, and finding employment right now if very difficult I have to make sure I'm well looked after when it comes to games.

Should I buy Just Cause 2, or Preorder Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption looks to be a fucking brilliant game, but after GTAIV I'm skeptical of R*. What would you do? What should I do? Do you like Taco's or Burrito's?

Discuss!

EDIT: I forgot to make a poll, but it's not showing up when I go to edit my post, Can I edit a poll in?

I think Red Dead and Just Cause 2 will have too vastly different styles. You can enjoy them both, but you won't be as much as a demi-god in Red Dead. But it will be fun to act out Clint Eastwood movies.

You have to ask yourself, "Am I feeling like causing massive destruction?" Well, do ya? (couldn't resist).

Question #2: Not big on Mexican or Tex/Mex food. Chicken panini with provolone and pesto?

just cause 2 is a fun game, but its has completely illogical gameplay. fun, fantastic, frustrating, and illogical.

forget red dead. we all remember how the last red dead was.... (shudders)

SpireOfFire:

forget red dead. we all remember how the last red dead was.... (shudders)

It was great! I will duel you on this.
DUEL LIKE REAL MEN!

We all remember the last Just Cause, as well...

Just Cause 2 have the same game play like Prototype however only the story and the hero is different... Watch the trailers and game plays videos right here----> Prototype:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttf7324Tu-o&feature=fvst
Just Cause 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKDj88DpLeA

Just Cause 2 is pretty freaking awesome and fun but if you don't have expendable income I suggest waiting for Red Dead Redemption.

imahobbit4062:

Discuss!

Updated advice from Hubilub!

So I was playing Just Cause 2 and decided to hack away at the story.

7 missions later it was over.

Hu....

Turns out, the only reason the campaign is long is because you have to build up chaos to unlock story missions.

So... Yeah, that was disappointing. Only 7 story missions.

Hope that helps

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked