How Many Times Have You Quit WoW And Why?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I am at 4 times, 14 months sober.

All the constant nerfing of classes made it too time consuming to re learn everything

I haven't quit, but I'm not like one of those addicted people. I play it like once every two days and even then its only for like 30min.

I picked it up twice and put it down twice. I dropped it the first time when my friends stopped playing and it got bored. I got back into it because my cousin started playing and wanted to play with me, and then dropped it again when it became boring, again.

Jangles:
I am at 4 times, 14 months sober.

All the constant nerfing of classes made it too time consuming to re learn everything

Twice.

My sub ran out and I had no way of renewing. Now however I do and so I shall play. Forevermore. Until WoW2.

I played it for an hour despite incredible boredom.

So, once I guess.

Mariakitten:
I haven't quit, but I'm not like one of those addicted people. I play it like once every two days and even then its only for like 30min.

Doesn't seem much point paying the subscription if you only play that much.

I've quit 10 times and I can't tell you why...

Twice; I played trial with both sides, to see what it was like. Much preferred the Tauren, because the plains setting and tribal themes were magnificent.

Well I have friends that play and its cool to get together with them in game even if its for 30 min, like run a quick dungeon with them.

twice. The first time, because i got bored. The second time, because i got bored. By that logic it must be a boring game. hmm...

Sev72:
I picked it up twice and put it down twice. I dropped it the first time when my friends stopped playing and it got bored. I got back into it because my cousin started playing and wanted to play with me, and then dropped it again when it became boring, again.

Same here but was my friend not my cousin.

0 times. Haven't played it.

unless you count goofing off for a couple of days on various free servers, once. Around 6 months after release.

Forgot to add why. I was bored being the only natural predator whose counter was a shaman with frost shock spam (everythings counter back then was frost shock spam). Yeah played as a rogue, tried a hunter too but neither got me hooked.

Once. I played it for 2 weeks or so. It bored me to death. I haven't returned, and I don't plan to.

Once, when my free trial ended. xD

once. My account got hacked and I just stopped. Been for about a year. Kinda want to start up again, this is all my friends talk about (except one other).

..well, technically, once, since i only played once for an hour and immediately hated it. The pattern of brainless grind-fest was just too obvious, and im not going to go through 30 hours of grind to -probably- get at the fun parts, wich are just more grind AFAIK.

I've never 'quit' per se, I just play on-and-off, I play hardcore for a month, then when my time runs out I get bored and play something else for two months, and then get WoW again when I'm bored.

I think I've quit... maybe 3 times. I just picked it up again actually. Recruit a friend is awesome.

I don't really consider it quitting, since I do plan to start playing again once Cataclysm comes out, or maybe a bit before, but since I started playing WoW I've taken 4 extended absences from the game, including the one I'm taking now.

First time was because I didn't know anyone that played at the time and wasn't that excited by it. But once I picked it up again (with friends) the breaks have been because real life was conflicting with raiding, and after already getting the Loremaster achievement, I didn't really want to be playing just to do dailies...

Hmm well I played it for years. During that time I might have taken say 3 or 4 month or two breaks from it, mostly from boredom. Then they'd release updates or expansions with shiny stuff and I'd go back to hardcore WoWing for a while. Anyway, I last quit... hmm probably over a year ago now. It was not long after Ulduar came out. Anyway the final reason was that for one, all the people I played with for the most part either quit or changed servers. Two, I had most of the gear I could really care for because the game became so easy (we're talking pugging every 10 and 25 raid every week on a warrior and DK - granted we rarely finished whole things but since I put them together I made sure it was different areas). Three, I was bored of grinding heroics and raiding (or couldn't raid till the next week) so I got into Blacksmithing really hardcore. Every day I was checking the auction house for material prices and I easily was spending 1k gold a day on mats and crafting a ton of stuff (for a couple weeks I had no less than 150 items on the AH every day). My average income according to the stats was 3300g/day purely from selling blacksmithed items. Thank you gold farmers for farming all that cheap as hell ore! Anyway, because of that I bought all the best epics that I couldn't get on my own in a raid, I had a mechano hog for both my characters, and even a traveller's mammoth on my warrior. I had nothing left to do in WoW except farm badges for that new hippogryph mount from the tournament thing. Basically I just decided "I beat WoW" because I accomplished all I could have really hoped/cared to do. So I quit and that was the end of it I haven't played since. I gotta say tho Cataclysm looks good but I'll hold off. I might try a different MMO sometime but maybe not... who knows.

I take breaks from WoW every 6-8 months or so.
Once I feel that I'm getting bored with the game, I take a break and spend that time doing other things. Not more constructive things, since I AM a gamer. Just playing other games instead, mostly.
Then I come back for a while and have some fun again.

There are several things in the game that I've quit doing for good because they just make things less fun.
I quit PvPing. I don't feel like grinding for PvP gear. Mostly because that grinding is basically going into BGs and getting bent over and sodomized over and over until I can catch up gear-wise. So I don't bother with it, except for Wintergrasp. Since I can do that in PvE gear and be fine.
I quit raiding as well. Doing the same thing over and over. Having to read all about proper rotations and gemming and all that crap is too much homework for a game. Worrying about gear levels and making raid appointments... bleh. I'd rather log in, do whatever the hell I want until I get tired and then log off without feeling like I'm missing anything.

Without those two things, my enjoyment of the game has skyrocketed. I log in only when I feel like it and don't worry about anything except whether or not I'm enjoying myself.

I've never really quit, just played it less and less often.

Mainly because I lack a job, and I often move onto other games for a while. I've also gotten my account hacked before.... that wasn't fun. The fifties bracket drove me away from it for a while, I guess it was supposed to feel epic in vanilla, but when you've got about thirty more levels and many more interesting quest ahead of you, it looses it's charm.

I don't quit, but I take 3 month breaks about every 6 months'

Once. It just got boring.
Unless you count my six month break after my free month ran out after I first started.
Yeah, had a nice refreshing trip to Europe and didn't feel like wasting money when I got back...
Too bad I did after two friends begged me to play with them...
Now all three of us have fully stopped.

James Hueick:
I've quit 10 times and I can't tell you why...

Well I am still going to ask why!

2, once because it was too hard to do much endgame without sacrificing social life, and the second time was last year when they gave in to all the crybabies about The Frozen Throne and made it really easy to get geared. I left about 2 days before the Lich King was added to the game worlds, and I really laughed when he was downed in like 2 days. He's supposed to be the last boss of that huge expansion, and he died faster then it took people to get through Sunwell or Ulduar when they came out...

It's just silly.

Twice. Once because it was boring and all my friends had quit. Once because it was boring in an attempt to convince my friends to quit.

Twice. Once from my Orc Warrior and again from my Blood Elf Mage. I don't know why I quit it. I stuck around for a little while, got a pretty cool and fun guild both times, and just did the normal stuff.

I suppose it was mainly PVP that stuck me around though. I was awesome at it with my Mage and it got really addicting.

I eventually quit though when I got bored and my guilds kinda just died.

Twice, Once due to financial Issues and the other because it boring me and I decided I needed a break.

Twice. Once because I got bored, and once because I needed to focus on schoolwork.

I'm playing now, and probably looking at another couple of months before I quit again...so really, "quit" probably isn't the right word. "Left" is more like it.

The last time I quit my PC cable of running wow died, this one could if I upgraded the video card probably but I don't want to play WoW so its all good, I quit once because i didn't buy the B right away and I quit for a while between BC and Frozen throne because wasn't anything in the game to do since I wasn't raiding.

More times than I can count, often for 4-6 months at a time. Usually it's less due to game play or balance issues that people seem to forever be qqing about and more about dipshits who ninja everything in a raid group or scream abuse at you in Swedish cause you were too busy healing the tank who thought he could tank the whole god damn instance instead of the Rogue who though 'it's a really good idea to Fan of Knives in this large group of mobs now that all my trinkets have popped, nothing could possibly go wrong.'

Yes, I'm saying the worst part of the MMO is the people, this is why I like Oblivion so much.

So you quit because of stupid people? I admit, WoW does draw a wide, wide audience, and half of them aren't the brightest crayons in the box...

3 or 4 times. Peer pressure.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked