Pokemon HG/SS Question

I'm in need off some help.

I just a Eevee and I want it to evolve but one problem.

Happiness.

How exactly do I make it happy?

Oh and Espeon or a Umbreon? I'm not sure which is better.

Uhhh... With lots of love and cuddles?
And you definately want an Umbreon.

Sir Ollie:

Happiness.

Nither are better, it depends on which one you want/need

make it happy by
A. Useing it in combat (i know that worked in P/D, not 100% in this)
B. Taking it out on the pokewalker, thats the most effective way ive found
there are other ways and i also think that entering them in that pokeathelon thingy makes them happy

Okay, under the big city in Jhoto there is a guy who gives pokemon haircuts. They raise your happiness. I beleive, and the older haircut brother is better.

Sir Ollie:

Happiness.

Give it a back rub...wisper in its ear

seriously though, psycic i find more useful but Umbreon is one of the only decent Dark type pokemon and psycic has better options, easy answer is to breed Eevee and have both

Don't forget to give it a soothe bell to raise it's happiness a bit quicker.
Also get umbreon, dark pulse destroys the world and 15 PP too!

jamesworkshop:
seriously though, psycic i find more useful but Umbreon is one of the only decent Dark type pokemon and psycic has better options, easy answer is to breed Eevee and have both

Now why didn't I think of that?

Cheers!

CroMagnon:
Okay, under the big city in Jhoto there is a guy who gives pokemon haircuts. They raise your happiness. I beleive, and the older haircut brother is better.

You can give pokemon haircuts?

Really? wow see this is what I get for playing red/blue and that's it.

DEATHROAD:

Nither are better, it depends on which one you want/need

make it happy by
A. Useing it in combat (i know that worked in P/D, not 100% in this)
B. Taking it out on the pokewalker, thats the most effective way ive found
there are other ways and i also think that entering them in that pokeathelon thingy makes them happy

Thanks for the advice!

Cpt_Oblivious:
Uhhh... With lots of love and cuddles?
And you definately want an Umbreon.

Sounds good, except the loves and cuddles part.

Make it hold items, and use items on it (except the "bitter" items you can buy in the Underground). Give it the Soothe Bell. Don't let it faint.

Which evolution to get? Well, I'd just breed it a lot and get all the evolutions, but otherwise it's up to you. Espeon's fast and does a lot of damage, and Umbreon has good defenses and is a semi-rare type.

Regiment:
Make it hold items, and use items on it (except the "bitter" items you can buy in the Underground). Give it the Soothe Bell. Don't let it faint.

Which evolution to get? Well, I'd just breed it a lot and get all the evolutions, but otherwise it's up to you. Espeon's fast and does a lot of damage, and Umbreon has good defenses and is a semi-rare type.

i thought you could only breed a pokemon when it was in it's final evolution?

-40 happiness = hate
255 happiness = love
250 happiness = what you need in order to evolve

How to gain happiness

256 steps ingame = 1 point of happiness
(WARNING: Nobody is quite sure yet whether the pokewalker gives happiness or not)
1 level up = 2 points of happiness
1 item used on a mon (potion, antidote etc) = 1 happiness
1 haircut = 10 happiness
1 massage = 3 happiness
1 Vitamin = 2 happiness
1 EV berry = 2 happiness

Trading the mon resets happiness to 0

An effective way to "grind happiness" would be to cycle up and down Goldenrod city while watching something fun on the TV.

Get a Vaporeon... That's all you need.

I have a Vaporeon and Leafeon on my Soul Silver, might attempt to make an all Eevee team...

It doesn't matter which of the 2 you choose if you're just playing through the game and not playing competitively.

Espeon is fast and hard hitting but fragile while Umbreon has very good defences but doesn't hit hard and isn't fast. Just a matter of preference.

You make it happy by having it follow you a lot, keep it well healed, and free of status problems, and use items on it frequently. Mine evolved into an Espeon around... level 28 I think. It takes a while, but its worth it.

And I went with Espeon. Since I just love how it looks. But its strong with a low defence while Umbreon is weaker with a strong defence. Its all about preference.

From memory. If you wait until level 31-35 to evolve to Espeon... you can have an Espeon with Bite gained from the level 30 level-up.

That still true in the current generation?

Walk, level it up, give it berries/items (like potions, but not the herbs) to raise happiness.

As for your question, neither. Umbreon is only good as a tank, but is countered by the most common attack type in the game (fighting), and Espeon is a subpar (at best) psychic sweeper. Get an Alakazam or even a Dusknoir.

You give it items and stuff, and you want an Umbreon.

Don't be ridiculous. Umbreon.

Incidentally the biggest dick pokemon of all the league!

urgh76:

Regiment:

i thought you could only breed a pokemon when it was in it's final evolution?

Nope! There are some baby Pokemon that can't breed (Pichu), but all unevolved Pokemon can breed (unless they're legendary or unbreedable). Eevee can breed- I've done it plenty.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked