Could I get banned for this?

Today, I went on Nacht Der Untoten (Nazi Zombies) on LIVE, where one person said he had a 10th preatige lobby then backed-out of the current lobby.

He invited me to play Zombies with him and I shot a zombie and was rank 22, prestige 10.

First, i did not know it was a modded lobby and when I found out I reported him.

And second, he didn't know if we could be banned.

So, will my account get banned?

wouldn't have thought so since you reported him

Ahh, so it's unlikely I will be?

Try and explain to XBL-support that you were unintentionally dragged into a modded lobby and that you'd like them to restore your rank and prestige to what it was before.

It's really the best you can do. If you're clear enough, you won't get banned.

I don't think so.

Given the amount of people doing hacked lobbies, I don't think they're doing a very good job of policing it.

MiracleOfSound:
I don't think so.

Given the amount of people doing hacked lobbies, I don't think they're doing a very good job of policing it.

And only a hand full of people go on WaW, so it's not a major hack.

TerribleAssassin:

MiracleOfSound:
I don't think so.

WaW has tens of thousands online each day...more than "just a handful" and besides, people are still doing the under the map glitch on Castle.

delta4062:

TerribleAssassin:

MiracleOfSound:
I don't think so.

WaW has tens of thousands online each day...more than "just a handful" and besides, people are still doing the under the map glitch on Castle.

Thats a weight of my shoulders.

Guess I get to keep my 5 extra custom classes then!

TerribleAssassin:
Ahh, so it's unlikely I will be?

Preempt it, call Xbox live support and report what happened, because if they figure out on their own (which is unlikely) they're going to assume the worst, but if you report it, and ask them to reverse it, they'd have to be complete idiots to take any action against you.

TerribleAssassin:

delta4062:

TerribleAssassin:

MiracleOfSound:
I don't think so.

......Why do I get the feeling this wasn't as "accidental" as you claim?

TerribleAssassin:

delta4062:

TerribleAssassin:

MiracleOfSound:
I don't think so.

How I wish I could enjoy WaW's online.

I'm alway put into shitty servers, It's funny since Mw2 is the only CoD game I can play with playable servers.

danpascooch:

TerribleAssassin:

delta4062:

TerribleAssassin:

MiracleOfSound:
I don't think so.

......Why do I get the feeling this wasn't as "accidental" as you claim?

Its probably just you.

He invited me into a private match, killed a zombie and got both prestige achivements and 10th P.

I doubt it. I think you just got a penalty-free bump up.

You should link this thread in with your report, when microsoft see what an upstanding citizen you are they'll forgive and forget.

Totally happens.

TerribleAssassin:

delta4062:

TerribleAssassin:

MiracleOfSound:
I don't think so.

You shouldnt be glad about this and gloating about the extra classes. Mabey you should be banned... Sounds like it was all on purpose.

TerribleAssassin:
Today, I went on Nacht Der Untoten (Nazi Zombies) on LIVE, where one person said he had a 10th preatige lobby then backed-out of the current lobby.

He invited me to play Zombies with him and I shot a zombie and was rank 22, prestige 10.

First, i did not know it was a modded lobby and when I found out I reported him.

I heard from a friend that they are banning everyone who cheated to get a prestige 10 on MW2.
That might apply to WaW as well I think you should email the developers WITH that cheaters gamertag and tell them not to ban you.
Its just a rumor i heard,dont know if its legit.
But I think you should take some sort of action here.

I don't know the answer to your question, but does your avatar depict a tiny Ezio Auditore? Because that would awesome. As would a a regular sized Ezio Audiotore.

If you have a history of such things, you may get banned.

If you create such things, you may get banned.

If you endorse, and just happen to find yourself in these types of games more often than not, you should get banned.

If this is a one time experience, you will probably not be banned.

Check your friends, if they are bad people and you continue to join them, you will get banned, as people that frequent such activities should be banned.

Nothing happens. My little brother's friend runs a modded MW2 thing on the 360 and they use it to get people to give them MS points, sometimes even scamming them out of it by not even doing the hack. He said people have claimed to report them, but nothing's happened and since my 360 is even dustier than my Wii (and I don't play with him anyway because he's a douche) I haven't bothered to report them myself (with the rationale that the victims were trying to get hack advantages anyway, so they deserve it).

it's improbable but i wouldn't rule it out. i definitely wouldn't mention it to microsoft. they don't have a support line for such things like that, just a support line for when you're having problems connecting or something. all the actual banning and suspending and such are through a bunch of guys on forums, and seeing as though there are a few guys on those forums who are just dicks and will suspend you just to make themselves hard, i would advise not bringing it to their attention.

do that happend to me today some dude freakin was a lvl 65 ten prestige and he put daeth card the dude freakin knifed some zombei the zombie just froze there it was stuck then he would kill us with grenades then steal all of are poits it was crazy then we killed him he was floating around the map needing to be revived he 9,508,322 xp amzing he hacked all of are accounts made be his freind i sent him a messege how do you hack he 1600 microsoft points he was on one side of the map and moved the freaken coach from the other side of the map how do you do it god reply if you know how? he droped every gun ray gun and every other gun of his kneeze

If you get 10th Prestige - you dont get banned, you cannot banned for getting 10th prestige on any COD game.

Honestly, I have yet to see one of my friends get caught after having done it or even in doing it. I don't think there is much of a chance of them 'catching' you.

Zarokima:
Nothing happens. My little brother's friend runs a modded MW2 thing on the 360 and they use it to get people to give them MS points, sometimes even scamming them out of it by not even doing the hack. He said people have claimed to report them, but nothing's happened and since my 360 is even dustier than my Wii (and I don't play with him anyway because he's a douche) I haven't bothered to report them myself (with the rationale that the victims were trying to get hack advantages anyway, so they deserve it).

Seriously?! MS points are money, and as stupid as the transaction may be that little kid is stealing money from people. Thats theft pure and simple. I dont get 10nth prestiege lobbies anyway, im paying YOU to take the fun out of MY game by removing the gameplay element for me.... sure ok what a great investment! I think these lobbies are for idiots and glory hogs and really detract from the honest achievements of real players who work for what they get. Now you cant tell whos a dirty cheater and whos a good player.

TerribleAssassin:

What is his gamertag? One of my friends runs a modded lobby and one of his friends does too.

Wait they actually ban the tenth prestige lobby guys?

There's so many of them running around I thought no one cared.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked