mount and blade: war band economy help

my fief of praven is struggling, caravans almost NEVER visit the town ( they all go to SUNO, uxhal, and dhirim). is there any way i get praven to stop sucking? without me going everywhere and being its caravan? it is strangling my profits and its becoming a bit of a hassle. should i just start over from the beginning? what should i do? i spent too much time conquering swadia to turn back now.

no one plays mount and blade? :(

I dont think you said that it was mount and blade at first so people probably thought that you were saying your town IRL is having to have food rations.

im actually downloading it right now. im gonna install a lord of the rings mod for it

Take those castles then.

Canadian Briton:
I dont think you said that it was mount and blade at first so people probably thought that you were saying your town IRL is having to have food rations.

who owns fiefs in modern society? and caravans? plus i said warband, that is pretty much the universal language for mount and blade.

Ultratwinkie:

Canadian Briton:

who owns fiefs in modern society? and caravans? plus i said warband, that is pretty much the universal language for mount and blade.

No it isn't an Expansion pack that was released almost 2 months ago isn't universal language for a game with thousands of mods that has been out for years.

Now, OT: I have no idea, I just always join the Nords and capture everything that isn't yellow.

delta4062:

Ultratwinkie:

Canadian Briton:

No it isn't an Expansion pack that was released almost 2 months ago isn't universal language for a game with thousands of mods that has been out for years.

Now, OT: I have no idea, I just always join the Nords and capture everything that isn't yellow.

crap. i practically demolished all bandit presence in my land and the land of the nords where my caravans come from. i cant get enough caravans to come to my city. we get one caravan a month while other cities get multiple caravans in one day. i spend a shit ton of cash to get the commodities i am missing but it only makes the prosperity "average" for a day until it drops back down to poor.

Perhaps talk to the guild masters in other towns. They can sometimes (if I remember correctly and it is not some mod) have an option to send caravans.
Guild masters are in general good to please if you want a city to like you. That and pay for beer in the tavern.

delta4062:

Ultratwinkie:

Canadian Briton:

Same principle, but I join the Swadians and run anything that isn't orange over with a horse.

Xaryn Mar:
Perhaps talk to the guild masters in other towns. They can sometimes (if I remember correctly and it is not some mod) have an option to send caravans.
Guild masters are in general good to please if you want a city to like you. That and pay for beer in the tavern.

so i can go to the nords and ask for caravans? thanks ill try that.

Ultratwinkie:

so i can go to the nords and ask for caravans? thanks ill try that.

It might not work the first time you try it. You might have to raise their acceptance first.

SimuLord:

delta4062:

Ultratwinkie:

Canadian Briton:

Same principle, but I join the Swadians and run anything that isn't orange over with a horse.

Swadians...

I'm about halfway through wasting them now, They have only 1 army left.

Swadian fools!

War pays well if you're good at it. Just buy all your gear at Praven, sell loot at rich towns, bam.

delta4062:

Swadian fools!

Swadia are the rightful heirs of Calradia! Taste hoof foul brigand!

nope. they cant help. i looked into it and found my cause: the supply cities are struggling too. in fact, MANY of the cities are all struggling. the Combine's (my nation, yes i AM a HL fanboy) economy is -fucked- along with the rest of the world. my game just got goldman sacked. >.<

I'm pretty sure you can boost the economy by trading to other towns (with your own money) and making them richer and the wealth eventually spreads.

Aedrial:
I'm pretty sure you can boost the economy by trading to other towns (with your own money) and making them richer and the wealth eventually spreads.

tried. the entire system is fucked. gotta start over. i guess its goodbye to the combine. :(

Ultratwinkie:

Aedrial:

tried. the entire system is fucked. gotta start over. i guess its goodbye to the combine. :(

Damn, my Adamantine Empire spans the entire continent. Somehow we have grown prosperous.

Ultratwinkie:

Canadian Briton:

That might have been why there was no posts at first since people might have been weirded out at first since I dont think you said it was mount and blade at first. If I was wrong I'am sorry for seeming so stupid...
EDIT: And I dont have Mount and Blade

Do quests for the town, build stuff that adds prosperity, etc.
Things like that help.

Sebenko:
War pays well if you're good at it. Just buy all your gear at Praven, sell loot at rich towns, bam.

delta4062:

Swadian fools!

In my game the Swadians are getting absolutely raped...although I'm with the Khergit Khanate and I conspired with a lord to provoke a war on the Sarranid Sultanate by attacking their caravans. Result: Sarranids declare war, and 2 days later so do the Vaegirs. So we had a war on two fronts and ended up getting completely cleaned out, and it was all my fault!
I suppose that's pretty awesome in itself actually, this expansion is exactly what the first game needed. You can literally bring down entire kingdoms single-handed using politics and intrigue alone.

adderseal:

Sebenko:

delta4062:

Swadian fools!

In my game the Swadians are getting absolutely raped...although I'm with the Khergit Khanate and I conspired with a lord to provoke a war on the Sarranid Sultanate by attacking their caravans. Result: Sarranids declare war, and 2 days later so do the Vaegirs. So we had a war on two fronts and ended up getting completely cleaned out, and it was all my fault!
I suppose that's pretty awesome in itself actually, this expansion is exactly what the first game needed. You can literally bring down entire kingdoms single-handed using politics and intrigue alone.

And you need to, they're a lot more organised now- I besiged a castle, and by the time I had siege towers built, they had a force of lords in sight. And then another time, they sent their entire kingdom to re-take a castle (1200 versus my 100? A GLORIOUS DEATH)

And now Dhrim is under siege from a massive force of nords. Politics is important.

Sebenko:

adderseal:

Sebenko:

delta4062:

Swadian fools!

And you need to, they're a lot more organised now- I besiged a castle, and by the time I had siege towers built, they had a force of lords in sight. And then another time, they sent their entire kingdom to re-take a castle (1200 versus my 100? A GLORIOUS DEATH)

And now Dhrim is under siege from a massive force of nords. Politics is important.

I once had 1200 vs 1200, us Khergits were fighting over Khudan with the Vaegirs. Our marshal called up the kingdom's army, and the Vaegirs had done the same. The battle took about 30 minutes and by the end of it both Kingdoms were completely crippled for a few weeks.
The only problem I have with intrigue is this: Lord A tells you to denounce Lord B. You do so. Then Lord A says that you should tell the king what you think of Lord B. You do so. Lord B then defects and joins a rival, making them stronger and you weaker.
It would be better if other lords conspired against each other without player intervention, so that the situation was constantly shifting. That way the movement of lords between kingdoms wouldn't be so common because they'd all be watching their own backs.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked