Simcity player claims to "beat" the game with a city of 6,000,000 sims.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

http://www.viceland.com/blogs/uk-games/2010/05/10/the-totalitarian-buddhist-who-beat-sim-city/

Read the interview, watch the video. It will strike terror into all.

I know this is pretty old(ish) stuff, but the interview is new and I'm not sure how many of you are avid Sim-city news followers so I'm guessing a lot of you missed this the first time around.

If it takes you 3 years to build a city in SimCity you might want to consider buying a different game...
The result may be impressingly complex, but what the hell?

ROFL. He's an architect, so they should build an actual city around that design and see if they can have six million happy people living there.

I seriously don't get how this monstrosity and violation of Simulated-Human rights can be described as 'artistic self-expression' unless he himself lives in a constant controlling state of mind where everyone he talks to is a slave to the system. Sounds kinda like a hipster, except in that city hipsters and other socio-stereotypes don't exist.

Jesus, That really scares me.

I can't ever play that game again...

What the Jesus.

That's just epic. Completely devoid of hyperbole. Epic.

I bet I could pwn him at halo.

If he could do such a thing with the latest game then I would be imprests, as there is a difference in the game engine.

It's great how people were accusing him of being some sort of maniac when actually he was making a pretty intelligent statement about society and what games like sim city say about the dreams some people have of the future.

Clever... now do that with SimCity 4 (which has far more realistic mechanics than 3000), and we'll talk.

Zeeky_Santos:
It will strike terror into all.

First off, no. Secondly why would it?

It's just a dude who's very focused and is expressing himself through the nit-picking detail and art of a game.

Good for him. Seeing someone do something that they wanted to do brings a smile to my face.

Bigfootmech:

Zeeky_Santos:

It's just a dude who's very focused and is expressing himself through the nit-picking detail and art of a game.

It was a joke, because the video was in itself designed to be some what of a totalitarian state style campaign. Everyone has every reason to fear from Totalitarian states. If you don't have a sense of humour, it's your loss.

Zeeky_Santos:

Bigfootmech:

Zeeky_Santos:

It was a joke, because the video was in itself designed to be some what of a totalitarian state style campaign. Everyone has every reason to fear from Totalitarian states. If you don't have a sense of humour, it's your loss.

Sorry, it's on the fritz. Care to point me somewhere I can order new parts during the exam season ;)?

Bigfootmech:

Zeeky_Santos:

Bigfootmech:

Zeeky_Santos:

Sorry, it's on the fritz. Care to point me somewhere I can order new parts during the exam season ;)?

Exams eh? You have my simpathies (geddit?).

Zeeky_Santos:
*snip* simpathies (geddit?).

Facepalm. Cheers. I have a ways to go yet... at least this year if I fail, I have retakes in September :/. Although that could mean cutting into holiday :(.

The video was overblown and pretentious. For example, 20^2 subway stations. Or 400 for just about anyone else.

Theres always somebody, isn't there?

That one person who thinks "I will use 5 years of my life to make the perfect city in a game 'cos I can".

Crazy sim guy:
Do you play any other games apart from Sim City? I hate to imagine what you would do to a family in The Sims?
I used to play other games back in my school days such as Populous, Age of Empires and a few MMORPGs like Galactic Conquest. As for The Sims, I enjoyed that too, although sims usually turn insane and die horribly under my hands after a few minutes. As of today, I no longer play such games. I really don't see the point anymore.

But you see the point in making 6 million sims walking round doing nothing?

omega 616:

That one person who thinks "I will use 5 years of my life to make the perfect city in a game 'cos I can".

Perfect in numbers, but in human rights it's a worse place than City 17.

Ah yes, Magnasanti. I believe a number of my fellow /v/irgins were in awe when we found out about that.

Myself, I didn't really give it a second thought. Sure, it's cool in a "creepily totalitarian" way, but I ultimately don't care about the Sim City games.

Zeeky_Santos:

omega 616:

Perfect in numbers, but in human rights it's a worse place than City 17.

I posted that before reading the article and I couldn't be bothered to edit it. I am very lazy at the moment, I only got up at 4 pm.

Heh, well it's an achievement certainly. I liked the ridiculousness of the video too.

Wow, thats amazing and somewhat scary.
I like the thing he said about how people wore living in a cage without noticing it and how they never had to leave their blocks because they had everything the needed within a walking distance.
What if the future turns out to be like this, interesting indeed.

Amazing. It's not the 6 million that frightens me, its the years it took :S

The most i ever achieved in SimCity 3000 is 1.2 million. Oh i wanna play it again!

You think that's scary? He has also plays Roller Coaster Tycoon.

That's . . . a tad unnerving, to be honest.

This man is truly a God.

Good god. Does he...get out much?

My question is: since when is it possible to "beat" any one of the Sim City games? Impressive stuff, nonetheless, but last time I checked Sim City is one of those games where there is no true end or goal, and thus isn't really possible to beat.

Way better than the city I made called "shitsville" I think that peaked at about 400k people. He's got 6 million of them. This is called taking the task to it's logical conclusion. For his next trick he should try and beat pi. Good effort i say. Good effort.

Skywolf09:
My question is: since when is it possible to "beat" any one of the Sim City games? Impressive stuff, nonetheless, but last time I checked Sim City is one of those games where there is no true end or goal, and thus isn't really possible to beat.

The object of simcity is to build the biggest city possible with as many citizens as possible with 0 problems. Thats exactly what he has achieved. it's a truly awesome effort to do that. I would definately call that beating the game. You cannot go any further than what he has done..

Dude that is absolutely amazing! I wonder what he's gonna make next.. he is an actual architect...

Okie, so I'm totally downloading the game again. (Don't worry, I have a legit serial number and the case, but the CD's gone missing. :( )
I used to love playing that game in elementary school, oh about... 12 years ago.

Yeesh...the achievement to end all achievements. I'd hate to try to unlock that on XBL...

It's impressive to say the least, but to think if that was actually done for a real city, what a boring life those people would have. Doing nothing but working until they die of exhaustion at the age of 50.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked