best GBA game of all time

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

For me its difficult to choose but I would have to nominate from what I've played/beaten:

Fire Emblem- what introduced me to the series. Great gameplay and dying characters permanently gone was awesome. Also Nergal is one of my favorite villians of all of gamery up there with Kefka and Gruntilda

Castlevania Circle of the Moon - I think its the second most enjoyable Castlevania right after Symphony of the Night. The other GBA Castlevania's were good as well but I think this one is a masterpiece

Golden Sun - Great RPG especially for a hand held. I was going to play 2 (perhaps one day I'll go back to it) but I lost my data to be able to transfer stats and such from GS1 to GS2 and was too pissed to continue at that point.

Metroid Fusion.

Regardless of what 99.99% of the Metroid fanbase says about it, MF is just a glorious, glorious game. It was the first foray into a scripted, linear storyline for the series, and they pulled it off with aplomb.

It would either be Golden Sun or Final Fantasy tactics.

Those games are just pure awesome.

Golden Sun - Great RPG especially for a hand held. I was going to play 2 (perhaps one day I'll go back to it) but I lost my data to be able to transfer stats and such from GS1 to GS2 and was too pissed to continue at that point.

You can get codes online to transfer stuff. It won't be your data, but it'll be pretty good. Gamefaqs has a few iirc, and there might even be a code generator lurking around.

I'm probably going to go with Fire Emblem. Other games are good, but they just didn't keep me around as long.

SotN>Dawn of Sorrow>Portrait of Ruin>Circle of the Moon.

/Teach the controversy!
//Die Monster, you don't belong in this world!

Golden Sun 1 and 2 were easily the best, 2 being better. You didn't need to transfer data to no.2, you missed out on a great game

i always loved advance wars black hole rising
or the first pokemon i got (don't know which)

final fantasy tactics advance was my fav

MaxChaos:
Metroid Fusion.

Regardless of what 99.99% of the Metroid fanbase says about it, MF is just a glorious, glorious game. It was the first foray into a scripted, linear storyline for the series, and they pulled it off with aplomb.

Damn straight my friend.

Now, I think that MY favorite GBA games were (Warning: HUUUUGE SHOCK COMING UP):

The Pokemon games.

I know, shocking right?

I loved Mariokart for the GBA, Was great fun.

MaxChaos:
Metroid Fusion.

I've been playing Metroid since the original and I agree. It's a faithful following in the series (and decently interesting too).

I spent alot of time on my GBA.

I think most of it went on the first and second Harry Potter games. They were decent puzzle games. I now have something called a "need to read" so should I be in a situation where a DS or GBA is appropriate, I have a book instead.

Advance Wars

/thread.

It had to be said, it might as well be me who says it: Pokemon Crystal. You could go back and do the hoen(cant spell it, and i dont remember if it is the right continent) over, and it had new content that wasn't in gold/silver.

I mean my personal choice is Fire Emblem since it's my favorite game of all time for now. Advance Wars deserves at least honorable mention. Golden Sun 1/2 didn't keep me coming back the same was FE and AW did.

P.S.
AW:DS > AW:BHR > AW > AW:DoR

Fire Emblem, followed by Aria of Sorrow. I'd make a witty remark, but I'm tired.

Man, Advance wars, fire emblem, FF tactics advance, Golden Sun... I don't know if I can pick.

spartan231490:
It had to be said, it might as well be me who says it: Pokemon Crystal. You could go back and do the hoen(cant spell it, and i dont remember if it is the right continent) over, and it had new content that wasn't in gold/silver.

Crystal was on the GameBoy Color yo.

I'd say Fire Emblem (7), and Advance Wars 2 are the best. FF tactics and the FF remakes are pretty good too.

the78thdude:

spartan231490:

Crystal was on the GameBoy Color yo.

True. Sorry but I always played it on a GBA. Then idk, maybe ruby. Maybe.

ninja'd on multiple accounts but the Golden Sun series. My friend introduced it to me and from there, they're now one of my favorite games ever.

No question: Ruby/ Saphire

(Emerald was for cheaters who thought they were big)

For me it's probably a toss-up between Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, at least if the measure of a game's quality is just how much time I spent playing it!

For me, it'd be mario RPG(edit: superstar saga). haha, I know ninjutsu!

Or advanced wars, or golden sun, or the multitude of classic ports(ALTTP, Super Mario world 4), which dont' count really.

socialmenace42:

I'm sorry but.. what? Yep, buying two games to get specific pokemon isn't cheating, but getting the one and going through it there and getting a third is for cheaters... yep.

Surprised no one has mentioned Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga. I had a great time playing that game as well. I want to play Bowsers Inside Story but I'm a bit OCD and would have to play Partners in Time first even though they can stand alone.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, or Sonic Advanced.

socialmenace42:

Yes!! Hands Down, the best (GBA) game ever!

Yoshi's Island! (though it's also a SNES game, but shhh)

Probably Mario vs. Donkey Kong... although that game makes me mad a lot.

Hmm.... first, the runner-ups:

Metroid Fusion
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Both truly amazing games that had me ignoring my consoles for weeks. But the honor of best would have to go to...

Final Fantasy VI

It was one of the best games ever made when it debuted as Final Fantasy III on the SNES, and it's still one of the best games ever made. It's kind of unfair, but whatever.

Plurralbles:
For me, it'd be mario RPG(edit: superstar saga). haha, I know ninjutsu!

Or advanced wars, or golden sun, or the multitude of classic ports(ALTTP, Super Mario world 4), which dont' count really.

socialmenace42:

I'm sorry but.. what? Yep, buying two games to get specific pokemon isn't cheating, but getting the one and going through it there and getting a third is for cheaters... yep.

No no, you misunderstand me: I only had ruby and at the time seriously wanted Emerald but never got my grubby mits on it, so I'm just insulting it out of jealousy and spite :D

Probably Fire Emblem, though I'll admit I didn't appreciate the GBA as much as I should.

I'll pick Pokemon Emerald. Great game that is.

I dont know its hard to pick but i guess ima go with Golden Sun and btw GBA is the onls system ive ever played JRPGs on and i dont know why.

mb16:
i always loved advance wars black hole rising
or the first pokemon i got (don't know which)

Advance wars!!! RULED

Im going to go with Pokemon. I used to love that game. I had almost every version of gameboy and a pokemon game on each one. I loved the hell out of my gameboy SP and pokemon ruby. I loved it even more because I got it a month or so before everyone in school because I was in american on holiday when I bought it.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked