Games that will run on a Mac G3

Firstly, I have a highish end PC machine. But I picked up a Mac G3 for 60 to play around with.

I'm just wondering what games will run on it? I'm guessing not many lol.

Spec:

450Mhz Intel
256Mb RAM
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

I've got Dungeon Keeper 2 working on it which is pretty sweet. Just wondering what else anyone can think of?

Marathon.

Well, I'm not sure how you'd run these games in Mac OS (virtual machine?), but Red Alert 1/2, Tiberian Sun would run.

gl1koz3:
Well, I'm not sure how you'd run these games in Max OS (virtual machine?), but Red Alert 1/2, Tiberian Sun would run.

Thats a good point, old C&C games, also I wonder if Age of Empires 1/2 would run

All the games supported by http://www.scummvm.org/

Some Quake and Unreal engine games have Mac ports. I.e. all the Quake games themselves, Unreal and UT, Star Trek Elite Force, Heavy Metal FAKK2 and American McGee's Alice.

Also Oni, from Bungie. Yeah get that one.

You can get many mac games on eBay for peanuts.

And if you don't have a good enough video card in there, you can get a GeForce 2 or 3 for peanuts as well.

G3 sounds like fun.

The G3 doesn't have an Intel processor... It's actually got a PPC "Power PC" processor. And due to it's architecture doesn't have that many games that are compatible.

However, a simple google search for "iMac G3 games" or "retro Mac games" may give pleasing results.

Blizzard are nice to the older machines. Warcraft series should work (not sure about World, but the RTSes should).

I still got an iMac like that, I just can't throw it away after having used it my entire youth.

These games I got and can be played on a mac like that one, but you're going to need Mac OS 9.8 for a lot of them
Rune
Unreal Tournament 99
Deus Ex
Duke Nukem 3D
Civilization 2
Simcity 3000
Carmageddon 2
Pax Imperia
Marathon
Marathon 2: Durandal
Marathon Infinity
Myth : The fallen lord
Myth 2: Soulblighter
Oni
Baldurs Gate
Starcraft
Diablo II
Age of Empires 2
Total Annihilation

geon106:
Firstly, I have a highish end PC machine. But I picked up a Mac G3 for 60 to play around with.

I'm just wondering what games will run on it? I'm guessing not many lol.

Spec:

450Mhz Intel
256Mb RAM
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

I've got Dungeon Keeper 2 working on it which is pretty sweet. Just wondering what else anyone can think of?

I just randomly found this thread after Googling iMac G3 games after forgetting about this thread for three years!

Did you have any luck after?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here