Top 5-10 games wou wish you could play.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

This is fairly simple. No gamer has ever really played every single great game out there. Wheather due to the game being on the wrong console, PC hardware limtations, discontinuations, or you just can't afford it. There are always some games that you missed out on. I'd like to hear what my fellow escapists have missed out on.
I'll start
The Orange Box(This counts as 3.) Firstly my PC would never be able to run this game. Also it's been discontinued. (for PS3 at least)

Shadow of Collosus. I don't have a ps2 (only recently branched away from nintendo) and I can't really afford to get one.

Psychonauts. See Shadow of Collosus.

Mass Effect. Don't have a 360.

Captain Epic:

Psychonauts

Im sure your PC can run psychonauts...

OT: FF13, stealing it from a mate when he goes on hols.

Worms Reloaded.
It isn't out yet, and the beta is stupidly limited.
QQ.

Mass Effect (1 and 2). No 360.

StarLancer. My PC won't run it anymore.

That's about it. I'm okay with the games I can play.

1. Jet Force Gemini
2. Persona 3 Portable
3. Grandia: Parallel Trippers
4. An HD Okami
5. An HD Legend of Mana

Actually, just make all five an HD Okami.

MGS 4 (no PS3):I just want to play it so bad

Captain Epic:

The Orange Box(This counts as 3.) Firstly my PC would never be able to run this game. Also it's been discontinued. (for PS3 at least)

Shadow of Collosus.

Psychonauts.

Dude I feel for ya, this sucks majorly.

I'm sure you can find a used copy of Orange Box somewhere, there's heaps at my local EB.

I just bought myself Shadow of the Colossus. I was on sale at my local Blockbuster video and they didn't know that it's essentially a collectors item and worth heaps. best 10 bucks I ever spent.

Psychonauts. I never played this on PS2 either, but I recently discovered that it's on PC too, so I pirated a copy, sicne you can't buy it anywhere.

Same with Mass Effect, except I got it on pc second hand. Seriously, bergin bins are your friend.

anyway, on to mine;

1. Crackdown. Never got to play it sicne I don't have a 360.
2. Left 4 Dead 2. I've got no problem playing this on my own, but since it's a pirate of the US version I can't play with friends. I'll be damned if I'm gonna fork out full price for a game with half of its content removed by my crotchity old man of a government. (Cookie for reference!)
3. Dead Rising 2. It ain't out yet XD
4. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire never got it. I think I might get in on an emulator.
5. Okami. 'Tis a masterpiece. Need I say more?

captaincabbage:

Captain Epic:

Shadow of Collosus.

Psychonauts.

Anything else?

Darktau:

Captain Epic:

Psychonauts

If I ever see the PC version somewhere I'll pick it up but I think It's discontinued. I may find a used version somwhere.

1. Fallout
2. Fallout 2
3. Half Life 1
4. Shadow of the Collosus
5. Any Silent Hill for the ps2, especially the second one.

I really, really need a ps2. I missed out on so much.

Starcraft 2: My little baby computer can't handle the sheer manitude of Starcraft 2.

Eternal Darkness, Sanities Requiem: I am a huge puss. I get startled playing Luigi's Mansion.

Aside from pre orders, Crisis is the only game I can think of.

Captain Epic:

Darktau:

Captain Epic:

Psychonauts

If I ever see the PC version somewhere I'll pick it up but I think It's discontinued. I may find a used version somwhere.

Dear child, it is available on Steam for less than $20.

OT: The MGS series, The Halo series, Crysis, and F.3.A.R.

I don't have a PS3 or a 360, and my comp. won't run the last two.

I'm a PC gamer and everything I've ever wanted to play I've been able to get my hands on. I can't rightly think of a game I want that I don't already own unless it isn't out yet (Fallout New Vegas, I'm looking squarely at you.)

The DMC games always looked cool.
As did the MGS games.
Can't think of many. Generally I try not to notice them if I can't have them. ~Shrug~

Captain Epic:

As a note for others above, erm.. Not playing Mass Effect due to no 360 is silly.
It came out for PC. Both of 'em. I got them both the day they came out.. pre-ordered even.
So, no excuse. :P

1. Megaman Legends 2. I'm sure you're awesome, BUT WHY ARE YOU $80?!
2,3. Mass Effect series. No 360, and my computer can't run them. Yet.
4. Red Faction: Guerilla. Same as 2,3.
5. Metro 2033. I own it for PC, just can't bloody play it yet.
6. New Vegas, Dead Rising 2, Dead Space 2. Time moves soooo.... sloooow...

Skorpyo:

Captain Epic:

Darktau:

Captain Epic:

Psychonauts

I don't have a steam account. I really should get one (As long as it's free that is:P.)

1. Mafia 2: Isn't out yet
2. Metro 2033: Heard it was good, haven't had a chance to buy it.
3. Alpha Protocol: Wanna see if it's good, but don't want to spend $50 on it.
4. Deadly Premonition: Can't find it anywhere (granted I haven't actually looked)
5. Medieval 2: Total War: I'm busy reading this thread.

Knights Of The Old Republic. I had it years ago before I boned the hell out of Bioware like I do now and back then it wasn't my kind of game despite me being the worlds biggest Star Wars fan(ish) but now I need to get my hands on it again but I'm just so broke right now. As soon as I have 15 to spare I'm getting it off Amazon

Onyx Oblivion:
1. Jet Force Gemini

Aww man, that game was awesome. Might bust out my N64 for a go now.

What about Secrets of Evermore? Remember that?
Now that game was brill. I lost my copy and roms just arent the same.

Also a few others. 1080 Snowboarding and Conkers Bad Fur Day (mostly for the multiplayer) id like to play again. Thing is though, the analog sticks on my N64 controllers have worn away so characters dont run anymore and 3rd party controllers just dont cut it.

Captain Epic:

Skorpyo:

Captain Epic:

Darktau:

Captain Epic:

Psychonauts

I don't have a steam account. I really should get one (As long as it's free that is:P.)

Steam is entirely free. Here is a link for you, just click the green install button at the top:

http://store.steampowered.com/

And just for you, a link to their Psychonauts page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3830/

See? Not a penny over $10.

Captain Epic:

Skorpyo:

Captain Epic:

Darktau:

Captain Epic:

Psychonauts

Yup, it's free, and you missed the deal where they offered it for 1.50 &,&

Tales of Vesperia, don't have a 360. :(

Off the top of my head...

Okami
eh...

I guess Okami.

Heavy Rain
Demon Soul
Any of the DS Castlevania games
The Game Cube version of Resident Evil
Sonic Dark Brotherhood.

All of my choices I've made are still to be released.

1. WoW: Cataclysm
2. Starcraft II - The protoss one
3. Star Wars: The Old Republic
4. Diablo III
5. Guild Wars II

I might be putting too many eggs into Blizzard's basket. I hope their hands are steady!

DON'T BUY PSYCHONAUTS FROM STEAM!
Buy it from Good Old Games.

captaincabbage:
*snip* Psychonauts. I never played this on PS2 either, but I recently discovered that it's on PC too, so I pirated a copy, sicne you can't buy it anywhere. *snip*

... and you go buy it twice!

I wish I could play Crimson Skies and Starlancer on my desktop, still I can play them on my netbook.

edit: Don't buy from steam for a couple of reasons, they don't need your money, GOG do. Steam are starting to develop an online gaming monopoly. GOG will give you the game completely DRM free and an exe file that you can use on as many computers as you want at the same time. You don't have to have crapware steam running in the background, and it's the same price in both places.

Umm... erm... hmm... Fatal Frame? Haven't been able to find that anywhere, or Silent Hill 2. Oh, and Rage, New Vegas, and Crysis 2.

octafish:

... why?

1. Dragon Age: Origins
2. Infamous
3. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
4. Mass Effect
5. Mass Effect 2

Whats really sad is that I have had some of these games in my house and didn't play them. Also, I don't think i'll ever get to play the last three.

TheHermit:
Tales of Vesperia, don't have a 360. :(

You're not missing out on much. Trust me.

As for myself: Shadow of the Colossus, Persona 3 and Persona 4. Never had a PS2. Considering buying one so I can play them. Anyone who knows these games, tell me if this is a good idea or not.

Shadow of the colossus - Haven't got a ps2, but even if i had one this would be hard to find.
Baten kaitos origins - Didn't come out in my country and i don't want to import "sigh"
Crysis - Knowing My laptop it would barely load the Menu screen let alone the game.
Monster hunter 3 - haven't got a wii but this game looks sick and im a fan of the monster hunter games.
Persona 4 - I have never play the persona games and i heard that this one is the best. I really want to see what the fuss is about but sadly i don't have a ps2 and to make matter worse like baten kaitos origins it didn't get a UK release.
Lord of the rings online - I've got to wait until it becomes free to play next month.
House of the dead 2 - Im inching for some zombie shooting action but my dreamcast is at my nans boo!

Things I need to get a hold of:

1. Shadow of the Colossus
2. Psychonauts (actually, my sister has this one, I just need to borrow it)
3. Bioshock 2
4. System Shock 2
5. GTA IV (have this one also, but it and my computer don't get along...)

octafish:
Buy it from Good Old Games.
[

No one's going to listen to you unless you give a real reason

These aren't really the top games I wish I could play, but I'll pick the first ones that come to my head.

The Ratchet and Clank future games (don't have a PS3)
Uncharted games (again, don't have a PS3)
Sins of a Solar Empire (PC isn't good for gaming)
Flower (played a little bit of Cloud and Flow, so I think this would be good. again...PS3)

I'm still happy with getting a 360, though; the exclusives on there are great.

1. Red Dead Redemption-Not out for PC
2. Fantasy world Dizzy- Dont have Commodore
3. No More Heroes-Too lazy to go out and buy it
4.Portal 2-I feel a little betrayed by Valve catering to the PS3 (I hate Sony with a passion), unless they make it very cheap on steam, I wont be able to afford it (I make 5 dollars a week and I'm supposed to buy a game for upwards of 70$? Shit).
5. A super duper game starring me except I can do whatever the fuck I want, pretty much real life except I am reincarnated as whatever I want when I die,I can choose to instadie at any time, and there would be no consequences for any thing I did. I mean, there would be in game, but not irl.-It hasn't been made.
6.Nobi Nobi Boy- Don't have PS3.
7.Appropriately, Call Of Duty 7:Black ops- Boycotting Activision. Might borrow it from a non-boycotting friend or something to play the single player, but that's it.
8.Heavy Rain-Don't have PS3.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked