Fallout New Vegas: Famous Actors

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Basically, I just saw Fallout New Vegas' IMDB page. You know how Bethesda loves to hire big-name actors for rather brief roles? (Patrick Stewart for Oblivion, Malcom McDowell and Liam Neeson for Fallout 3) Well, they've got two pretty big names attached to new vegas this time.

Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends) will be playing a character named "Benny."
Danny Trejo (that mexican guy who is always in Robert Rodriguez's movies, aka MACHETE) will be playing Raul the Ghoul.

So... That's awesome. Discuss.

Edit: Ron Pearlman is of course back, simply because... He's really badass.

So wait... we actually get famous actors that can speak for more than a few times before croaking?

I demand a retry of Liam Neeson and Patrick Stewart following this guideline! I demand they be sidekicks as well so their lovely voices may follow me into oblivion! I also demand that Liam Neeson voice Rex the Cybernetic Dog! Patrick Stewart can be the doctor and I demand that said doctor be sculpted in his image!

while that is awesome, at least in bethesda games, the voice actors performance drops off dramatically after that...so hopefully they have better balance after that. between fallout 3 and oblivion, i swear there is a total of 6 voice actors.

Hopefully these charcaters will stick around alot more than Liam and Patricks charcaters did. Espcailly Danny Trejo, love his voice

Danny Trejo? Oh my god awesome. If Raul the Ghoul is a sidekick, he will be mine forever. And he WILL use a machete!

Please! PLEASE makes good use of them this time! Stop killing off these voice actor's characters before we can enjoy their full glory.

tehweave:

No, Ron Perlman is back because war? War never changes.

SimuLord:

tehweave:

No, Ron Perlman is back because war? War never changes.

Well said.

they have to be brief because big names are expensive to keep around.

Felicia Day is in it. That's what's got ME excited.

Mr. Grey:
Patrick Stewart can be the doctor and I demand that said doctor be sculpted in his image!

Yeah he needs bigger roles in games. I mean I loved him in American Dad as they just got him to do and say hilarious things.

You know what? I am entirely uninterested in "big name" actors doing voices in games these days. They either seem to not 'get it' and give subpar performances, are poorly used or not used enough due to budget constraints that they seem to be a complete waste. Very rarely do actual actors shine through in their voice acting parts, so no, I don't care anymore.

I want to see more voice actors, not more actors. I want to see more Mark Meers and Jennifer Hales. I want to see Crispin Freemans and Wendee Lees. Kevin Michael Richardson, Brandon Keener and David Hayter...The list should go on.

These are the people I want us to be talking about. People who consistently give video game voice acting performances that are memorable and good.

tehweave:

Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends)

could this game BBBBBEEEE anymore awesome

Amnestic:
You know what? I am entirely uninterested in "big name" actors doing voices in games these days. They either seem to not 'get it' and give subpar performances, are poorly used or not used enough due to budget constraints that they seem to be a complete waste. Very rarely do actual actors shine through in their voice acting parts, so no, I don't care anymore.

I want to see more voice actors, not more actors. I want to see more Mark Meers and Jennifer Hales. I want to see Crispin Freemans and Wendee Lees. Kevin Michael Richardson, Brandon Keener and David Hayter...The list should go on.

These are the people I want us to be talking about. People who consistently give video game voice acting performances that are memorable and good.

Less Mark Meer though. I always find the man just a few shades of brown short of a cardboard box in terms of acting ability. His Shepard is just bland, I mean, I recently tried to make an evil cyborg Shepard in a new ME2 playthrough. Bald, scarred, no eyebrows, pasty skin. Looks great and menacing, but the effect is ruined the moment his mouth opens.

Miss Hale on the other hand, pulls off a Renegade Shepard with aplomb.

shootthebandit:

tehweave:

I just can't even beleive that you... just did that joke. You need... to leave. NOW.

Amnestic:

I agree, it's not like it makes the game any more special.

Sure, Martin Sheen did a brilliant job in Mass Effect 2 and its great that video games are getting good attention for people looking to do voice work, but we need more originality.

Flamezdudes:

shootthebandit:

I just can't even beleive that you... just did that joke. You need... to leave. NOW.

it had to be done

GothmogII:

Amnestic:

Less Mark Meer though. I always find the man just a few shades of brown short of a cardboard box in terms of acting ability. His Shepard is just bland, I mean, I recently tried to make an evil cyborg Shepard in a new ME2 playthrough. Bald, scarred, no eyebrows, pasty skin. Looks great and menacing, but the effect is ruined the moment his mouth opens.

Miss Hale on the other hand, pulls off a Renegade Shepard with aplomb.

Well either way, pick your favourite voice actor and shove them in my little rant instead then :P

Personally I thought there was a rather noticeable improvement between Meer's performance in 1 and 2 which leads me to think that he has potential and simply needs more experience to reach it, so I think "the best is yet to come" with him. I won't disagree that Hale was better, but she also has a far larger portfolio behind her. At the moment I'm willing to give Meer the benefit of the doubt simply because I saw an improvement and hope to see more of it. Time will tell, but we should be encouraging a larger voice acting scene rather than constantly crowing for bloody Chandler from Friends or the like.

discordance:
Felicia Day is in it. That's what's got ME excited.

I'm sure it has, you sick pervert! I bet you're looking forward to introducing her character to Fisto, aren't you?

Sorry couldn't resist... very much agreed though :P

Anyway, can't really say I'm awesomely excited about Mathew Perry, but Danny Trejo could make an excellent character (I was initially gonna say an excellent ghoul, but that... might be offensive ^^ ).

So it looks like "Benny" is the first on my Hitlist for New Vegas.

Vrach:

I'm sure it has, you sick pervert! I bet you're looking forward to introducing her character to Fisto, aren't you?

Not THAT kind of excited!

Okay, partly that kind of excited. I mean, it's just her VOICE.

discordance:

Vrach:

Not THAT kind of excited!

Okay, partly that kind of excited. I mean, it's just her VOICE.

Hah, that made me think of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLXPk--o1IU#t=0m19s
"Marrying was the euphemism of choice back then"

The more I read about New Vegas the more I want it, I can't wait another month.

I'm glad that big names are wanting to put their voices on characters, but they really have to do something about the rates they charge. I don't know how much it cost to have Patrick Stewart and Liam Neeson to voice Uriel and James, but it must have been a shit load because they both lasted as long as it takes to eat a bag of crisps.

On this note, like Amnestic said, they need to be hiring big name voice actors instead. And there is a huge roster to choose from! David Hayter, Jennifer Hale, Paul Eiding, Brian Cummings, Lori Alan, Steve Blum... I could go on! There's a bucket load of talent out there to be used for notable characters, who are good at what they do. And David Hayter already has the whole 'War never changes' speech down to act as some jaded ex-mercenary.

Seriously Bethesda, look.

What's next? Will Smith voices a Redguard is Elder Scrolls V?

Misterian:
What's next? Will Smith voices a Redguard is Elder Scrolls V?

I don't think a game could take that much awesome.

tehweave:
Basically, I just saw Fallout New Vegas' IMDB page. You know how Bethesda loves to hire big-name actors for rather brief roles? (Patrick Stewart for Oblivion, Malcom McDowell and Liam Neeson for Fallout 3) Well, they've got two pretty big names attached to new vegas this time.

Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends) will be playing a character named "Benny."
Danny Trejo (that mexican guy who is always in Robert Rodriguez's movies, aka MACHETE) will be playing Raul the Ghoul.

Matthew Perry?

Huh, didn't see that coming

Wait a minute, isn't Benny

Sturmdolch:
Danny Trejo? Oh my god awesome. If Raul the Ghoul is a sidekick, he will be mine forever. And he WILL use a machete!

He is a confirmed follower, when he's with you your weapons degrade slower.

Amnestic:
Jennifer Hales

Is it actually possible to get more Jennifer Hale in games? Seriously I've heard her voice so many times I'm getting sick of it.

OT: Not too excited about many of these actors, then again, I'm generally not excited about VAs in games. So long as they're good, I'm happy!

tehweave:

Ron Perlman is the dude with the teeth right?

Flamezdudes:

shootthebandit:

tehweave:

Leave? He needs to be commended. Friends is awesome.

Now all we need is Will Smith to voice a Radio DJ like 3 Dogg...Jason Manford to Voice a Sarcastic drunk...and David Tennant to Voice a Gangboss, along with Jhonny Depp as a Robot...

And then this game would be the the most Epic game ever

But i suppose those voice actor do make the game much more awesome than most =D

tehweave:

old news kris kristoferson is in it and so are some people from star trek deep space nine. and Wayne Newton is the Radio DJ

Zeeky_Santos:

tehweave:

He plays Hellboy =)

Zeeky_Santos:

tehweave:

Well Ron Perlman -has- teeth:

But...maybe you were thinking of Gary Busey?

And hey, Garys been in games too, GTA Vice City and Saints Row 2.

arc1991:

Zeeky_Santos:

tehweave:

He plays Hellboy =)

I always think of him as 'that dude with the teeth' after having seen him in Enemy at the Gates.

GothmogII:

Zeeky_Santos:

tehweave:

Well Ron Perlman -has- teeth:

But...maybe you were thinking of Gare Busey?

And hey, Garys been in games too, GTA Vice City and Saints Row 2.

No, I was thinking of his role in Enemy at the Gates. His teeth were fucking metal in that film.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked