Shiny Shiny Pokies!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Eh i only got a shiny magnimite and voltorb which i had evoloved into a shiny magnet zone and a shiney electrode.

Got my list. well, part one. This is all the games i've had since the shiny concept was introduced in gold and silver. Ev. means i evolved it. All sprites are D/P sprites

Gold:
Eevee (ev. vaporeon)(got through breeding), Teddiursa (ev.), Dratini (Ev. Dragonite)
image -> image, image -> image, image -> image

Silver:
Swinub, Totadile (ev. Feraligator), Slugma, Lugia (without soft reset)
image image -> image, image

Crystal:
Gligar, Suicune, Misdreavus (fifth one seen), Phanpy (ev.)
image image image image -> image

Ruby:
Solrock, Trapinch (ev. Flygon), Tropius
image image -> image, image

List two (sapphire, emerald, leaf green, pearl) to come soon, and heart gold was already stated. Though, all my shiny are on my heart gold now. that took alot of time to get them there.

EDIT: decided to put the final evolution i have them in beside them, for funsy-s. and to brag.

emeraldrafael:
snip

List two (sapphire, emerald, leaf green, pearl). Ev. means i evolved it. All sprites are D/P sprites. Heart Gold already posted

Sapphire:
Torchic (ev. Blaziken)(starter, without soft reset), Bagon (ev. Salamance), Lunatone (eleventh one seen)
image image image

Emerald:
Rayquaza (without soft reset), Kyogre (with soft reset twice, becuase i fainted it the first two times), Sharpedo, Tailow (ev. Swellow)
image image image image

Leaf Green:
Bulbasaur (ev. Venasaur), Nidoran f. (ev. Nidoqueen), Pidgey (ev. Pidgeot)
image image image

Pearl:
Piplup (ev. Empoleon)(starter with one soft reset to get calm nature), Ralts (ev. Gardevior), Starly (ev. Staraptor), Geodude (ev. Golem), Riolu (ev. Lucario)(through breeding)
image image image image image

Believe if you want, but i will say this. On any of those games, i've played atleast 250+ hours, and the one with the least amount of hours played is Crystal

Nostalgia:

interspark:

like i say, i found all but one of mine in emerald, wanna hear something else that strange? ive encountered the pokerus 3 times, ALL on emerald, ALL originating from newly hatched pichu!

Conspiracy, I say.

yeah probably, probably aliens in there somewhere too

Saw a shiny Milotic (or was it Seviper?) in the Battle Pike back in Emerald.

Where you cant use items.

Yea. No luck for me

One, a shiny Spinda

But that's not shiny at all, it's just gone and rolled around in it's own s**t. And it's quite a pathetic pokemon at that.

emeraldrafael:

you are inhuman you know that? were video games around a few hundred years ago, youd be burned at the stake for witchcraft! (in case you cant tell, this is a cross between being impressed and jealousy)

interspark:

emeraldrafael:

you are inhuman you know that? were video games around a few hundred years ago, youd be burned at the stake for witchcraft! (in case you cant tell, this is a cross between being impressed and jealousy)

XD you're so funny. Maybe, but like i said, you put in 250-350 hours PER game, and on one, my pearl, i have 400 hours, you're bound to run into a few shiny-s. they i agree with you when it comes to the emerald game. that was INSANE! I just needed a groudon to complete the set. then again, i'm also lucky.

I got a green onix in the original silver.
Then a shiny golbat in diamond, which I evolved to a very pink crobat.
Then a pink sneasel in soul silver.

Then soul silver erased itself, taking my shiny crobat and sneasel with it. I liked it when they were camping up my PC! But no, now my PC is less pink than once it was :(

A shiny charizard (careful nature doh! ><)
Shiny mewtwo (impish nature doh! ><)
shiny spearow
shiny chikorita
and a shiny treecko (mild nature yayyy!)

currently looking for a shiny totodile, shiny feraligatrs look beastly!

None, unfortunately. I'd really love one too, preferably an Aron or Cyndaquil.

I have seen (not including Red Gyarados) a shiny Chansey and a shiny Mr. Mime, both in Diamond. I only caught the Mr. Mime.

My sister hatched a shiny Smoochum from the free egg you get in Crystal.

I think that's it, though. I don't really have that much luck with shiny Pokemon. Stupid shiny Chansey...

I had a sliver Slugma in Ruby, a green Zubat in Emerald, and the red Gyarados in Gold and HeartGold. I once saw a shiny Fereligator in FireRed (some schmuck in the battle tower owned it) and a shiny Espeon in LeafGreen (same deal).

Also, in Platinum, I caught a Machop before challenging the first gym. That had the Pokevirus.

Hell I once spent a entire day looking for one cause someone told me they pop up randomly; but nothing, NOTHING

IM jelious of that shiny Vulpix >.<

Zero. I've never encountered any, let alone caught one.

Edit: Unless you count the Red Gyarados.

I've had 2 shiny Bidoof encountered and caught on Diamond.

I had a shiny whismur on sapphire (but then I got bored and stopped playing), and I caught a shiny ponyta on heartgold (but then I forgot about it and started a new game).

Fox KITSUNE:
Hell I once spent a entire day looking for one cause someone told me they pop up randomly; but nothing, NOTHING

They do pop up randomly. the chance of finding one is 1 in 8,192 EACH battle.

Though you have a better shot if you breed. If you breed an egg. then each egg has a 1 in 64 chance of being shiny when it hatches.

Damn everyone found a cool shiny

Thats the only one I"ve ever found.........

emeraldrafael:

Fox KITSUNE:

Though you have a better shot if you breed. If you breed an egg. then each egg has a 1 in 64 chance of being shiny when it hatches.

Thank you for that info cause I would of kept trying and trying

I fond a shiny Zigzagoon, in the first 10 minutes of re-playing Ruby. I was so pleased, it's now sitting safely in my HeartGold XD

Shivarage:
A shiny charizard (careful nature doh! ><)
Shiny mewtwo (impish nature doh! ><)

Actually....if you want to be original..Those are some good natures. Especially for Mewtwo

I only ever had one shiny and that was in Silver. I caught a shiny Larvitar. It was pretty cool.

Fox KITSUNE:

emeraldrafael:

Fox KITSUNE:

Thats not to depress you. You should try. THings that help are things like the key item in pearl, the seeker thing. Somehow, thta makes your odds better of finding a shiny, cuase i guess the more you find in a row, the more likely your next pokemon will be shiny.

But still, the easiest way without AR cheats is to just breed, simply becuase its got WAY better chances. But thats up to you. THe only pokemon that doesnt help with is legendaries, and it could take a lot of time to soft reset, then get a shiny AND the right nature. Buts thats up to you.

and glad i could help.

I have two: a shiny Haunter and a shiny Mightyena. I'm happy with the two that I've found ^_^

emeraldrafael:

Fox KITSUNE:

emeraldrafael:

Fox KITSUNE:

Thats not to depress you. You should try. THings that help are things like the key item in pearl, the seeker thing. Somehow, thta makes your odds better of finding a shiny, cuase i guess the more you find in a row, the more likely your next pokemon will be shiny.

But still, the easiest way without AR cheats is to just breed, simply becuase its got WAY better chances. But thats up to you. THe only pokemon that doesnt help with is legendaries, and it could take a lot of time to soft reset, then get a shiny AND the right nature. Buts thats up to you.

and glad i could help.

Not depressed just been trying for a while; One finnal question, I heard you could breed easily if you put a Ditto with whatever you want to breed, IS that true?

Fox KITSUNE:
snip

well... thats kinda true. It still depends on how much the pokemon like each other. but as long as they are not legendaries, they will breed. for example, in normal breeding. the pokemon itself is chosen by the girl. So... if you bred a female marill with a male pikachu (shut up if you cant, its an example), the pokemon would be a marill. So, if you want to breed a pikachu, but you only have males, you breed it with a ditto.

Also, there's another nifty trick. I'm not sure if this is it exactly, you may wnat to check, but if you have your ditto hold an everstone, then you're 50% more likely to have the pokemon baby to have the nature of either the ditto or the pokemon breeding with the ditto. i forget which.

Hope that helps and answers your question.

A shiny Ditto, eat it everyone.

Also a shiny Gligar; man I miss my Pokemon Gold.

If Red Gyarados doesn't count, then I've only encountered ONE that I remember. I believe it was a Fearow in Crystal, and I failed to capture it. :(

Well, its time for an update. I have found THREE, yes, THREE new shinies, in my HeartGold since my first post. here is the list so far (this just heart gold alone):
Cyndaquil(when i picked my starter, it was female and shiny and when i first picked it)

Gible (Second gible i found, third in that safari zone area, male)

Ho-oh (when i went to go catch it, without soft resetting)

Latias (Without soft resetting, but it took me six different tries to catch her. Caught her between Celadon and Saffron)

These were all in one play through, without cheating. and yes, i did not include the red Gyrados.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now for the three new additions to the family:
Clefairy (found in the safari zone after just screwing around it in, female)

Mareep (found outside Violet City while on my apricot hunt, with a calm nature, double score)

And my Abra (tried to teleport cuase its on one of the early routes, but i'm glad i had my arena trap dugtrio)

I'm excited. the list is growing.

I just caught a shiny tangela literally a few seconds ago. Fuck yeah my first shiney!

I only found two one in Emerald a green Grimer and the other in SoulSilver a yellow Ekans which i leveled up to an Arbok wait three shinys.

emeraldrafael:

And my Abra (tried to teleport cuase its on one of the early routes, but i'm glad i had my arena trap dugtrio)

That Abra doesn't look shiny.

The only shiny I've encountered is the Gyrados... I have horrible luck with any game that has a RNG for stuff.

a stranger:

emeraldrafael:

That Abra doesn't look shiny.

It is. COMPARISON TIME!

Regular: image
Shiny: image

Notice how its lighter colored? Dont owrry, its a common mistake people who like to critize make. but for the record, alot of first gen shiny-s are just lighter colored.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked