Bobby Kotick insults every indie developer on the planet... except Bungie

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Bobby Kotick has dismissed the likes of Valve, Epic, Ninja Theory, Level-5, Insomniac, Foundation 9, Gearbox, Sucker Punch, Rebellion and Terminal Reality - by calling Bungie the "last remaining high quality independent developer" in the world. Yep. Wow.

Activision, of course, has embarked on an exclusive ten-year publishing deal with Bungie for its new 'action universe' - widely assumed to be an MMO.

"Bungie are a very unusual company," Kotick told investors last week. "They're probably the last remaining high quality independent developer. It's very hard to [pauses]... that has sort of has institutional skills and capabilities. And they're a real company.

"When they started the process of looking for a new partner, they'd been in business with Microsoft. They had a vision for a product they wanted to create that needed certain skills and capabilities - that Microsoft had some of.

"But as they started to go and look at the obvious candidates, they realised that no company other than Activision had the skills that they needed to be successful for the vision of that product. These are things that you never would have envisioned five years ago.

"Blizzard had 2,500 people in customer service and support just for World Of warcraft. How you train them, how you manage them, how you organise them... how you use CRM tools in delighting and satisfying the expectations of your audiences.. it's something no other company [Bungie] talked to [could offer]."

Activision's alliance with Bungie provide the studio with its first such partnership since it split with former owner Microsoft in 2007.

The studio's Halo Reach topped the official UK Chart this morning - outselling Halo 3's opening week figures.

Meanwhile, Kotick has expressed a wish to sell repackaged in-game cutscenes to gamers as $30 movies.

Source:http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=265559

So guys and gals, what do you say? Do we move the Kotick hate-o-meter up a notch?

Yes, you win, Kotick. I can't compete with your hate driven stupidity.

Kotick is now as fake as Simon Cowell.

He's just there to be hated. I doubt he even does anything other than watch Seto Kaiba videos.

Oh, this guy is such a troll. (Not the OP).

There are plenty of better developers than Bungie, they are good however. Kotick obviously doesn't know what talent even is.

He's just doing this on purpose nowadays, isn't he?

*Laughs hysterically* Oh... oh... WOW. Really? I hope Steam just stops selling Activision stuff. Has... hahaha... Can Bobby possibly be any dumber? Oh, damn. Bobby, you so crazy.

Flamezdudes:

There are plenty of better developers than Bungie, they are good however. Kotick obviously doesn't know what talent even is.

I don't think he 1) knows what independant developer means, or 2) plays games at all.

Bungie? You mean those guys who've made the same game over and over for the past 10 years? (Except Halo Wars of course).

Ugh!

Saddens my that some of my friends actually asked me if I'll be pre ordering Black Ops too. It's the people who don't frequent gaming sites, and don't know of how evil Kotic is, that will support their products... and sadly, that's a LOT of people.

Adorable! People actually take him seriously?

Flamezdudes:

This is Kotick

If it was another developer team that had made success with a game franchise and was joining Activison-Blizzard Kotick would say those were the only good ones, all about money
[/obvious]

Daystar Clarion:
Bungie? You mean those guys who've made the same game over and over for the past 10 years? (Except Halo Wars of course).

.... They didn't make Halo wars. And the halo franchise has evolved a lot, even though people don't always realize this because it's popular.

Anyway, Kotick is amazingly awesome. Everything he says is so ridiculous that I never see it coming. I mean he can jump from selling cutscenes to insulting every indiedeveloper ever fluently. How does he come up with this shit?

Damn this guy is a dumb shit. I will be avoiding Activision games for a long while until this tool and his corporation have a change in perspective.

Vote with your dollars!

I'm so delighted that millions of people continue to pay this guy money.

bungie is good and valve gearbox and all the others on that list too, kotick has to stop being such an ass because it doesn't do anything good too activision's imago.

Wait.

What about Blizzard? You know, the people who make tons of money for Activision with WoW?

Umm, Bob...you do know that Valve has made some of the best games in existance and runs the most popular digital distrubtor in the world, right? That's hardly low quality.

If you want low quality, Activision, take a look at everything after Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4. YEAH I WENT THERE! TAKE THAT BOBBY!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I feel another rant coming on! I want to throttle this man! I REALLY DO!

Calumon: Now he's just being silly.

Wow, just wow. I love Bungie and all its Halo games, but I'm pretty sure even Bungie developers think that Valve, Epic, Ninja Theory, and all those other companies are high quality developers. Kotick is just ridiculous.

DVSAurion:

Daystar Clarion:

.... They didn't make Halo wars. And the halo franchise has evolved a lot, even though people don't always realize this because it's popular.

Anyway, Kotick is amazingly awesome. Everything he says is so ridiculous that I never see it coming. I mean he can jump from selling cutscenes to insulting every indiedeveloper ever fluently. How does he come up with this shit?

I just wish that Bungie would do another game like Oni. That game was bitchin'!

Dear lord, this guy just keeps getting more and more ridiculous.

Bungie are indeed awesome developers. This does not mean, however, they are the ONLY awesome developer. Bioware exists, doesn't it?

Jack and Calumon:

I love Calumon.

He's so bold.

OhJohnNo:
Dear lord, this guy just keeps getting more and more ridiculous.

Bungie are indeed awesome developers. This does not mean, however, they are the ONLY awesome developer. Bioware exists, doesn't it?

you missed the keyword "Independent". Bioware is snugly in bed with EA. Hence they're not independent.

Last Bullet:
*Laughs hysterically* Oh... oh... WOW. Really? I hope Steam just stops selling Activision stuff. Has... hahaha... Can Bobby possibly be any dumber? Oh, damn. Bobby, you so crazy.

I would love to see that happen! Though that would mean Activision would just create their own half assed service...

Wait, so is Bungie still "independent", now that they've sold their soul to Activision?

Either that man is the biggest loser on the planet...

Or he is simply the biggest troll.

There is an obvious solution to ridding the world of this man. Ignore him. Don't post forums about him, don't listen to his interviews or whatever, just don't associate yourself with him at all. And then he will magically disappear, just like all trolls do.

rockyoumonkeys:
Wait, so is Bungie still "independent", now that they've sold their soul to Activision?

Considering a majority of Activisions profits are derived from Blizzard who were independent as well (far as I know), no... Bungie is no longer an independent developer.

Arqus_Zed:
Either that man is the biggest loser on the planet...

Or he is simply the biggest troll.

why can't it be both?

And that boys and girls.... is what you get when douchey fanboys and a keyboard come together.

He took over 3 million last year. I would gladly be him any day of the week. Even if it meant a bunch of nerds on the internet hated my guts.
So what he's a twat, share holders like what he has to say. He does his job, takes his paycheck...

Just saying is all...

So he also insulted GSC Gameworld, CD Project, Bohemia Interactive, Codemasters, Crytek, 4A games etc etc. In one sentace is manges to disregard TF2, HL, STALKER, Crysis, DIRT 2 when his company has only ever produced a handful of games that would even come close to even just what VALVE have offered us in the past 3 years, neverming the rest of the 'Low Quality' development houses.

How does Bobby.K do it? HOW?! How can he envoke so much RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE! in one interveiw, he never once talks about actualy quality of product. It's all 'buisness' to him. 'Buisness is all well and good but at the end of thw day it's a creative product we are talking about and no ammount of "Customer Service" can guarentee a decent game. There is a reason games are made by dedicated development teams, artisits, and not people like Kotick. Good buisness sense is vital but running development houses INTO THE GROUD via lawsuits and attempts to steal IPs though sheer exhausting litigation is NOT OK.

Jack and Calumon:

Watch some Freeman's Mind, and forget about the evil bloodsucking mess that is Bobby Kotick

The only thing that's related to Halo I love is Red vs Blue, and that's because Rooster Teeth are legit funny guys

Flamezdudes:
Wait.

What about Blizzard? You know, the people who make tons of money for Activision with WoW?

Blizz isn't independent.

Why is this guy still in the industry? Anyone? I'm just hoping Bungie isn't influenced by this guy at all when they're making their games.

GET HIM

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked