My PC game won't fit on my monitor

Ok, I recently installed a game where the menus and game screen do not fit completely on my monitor (and instead of resizing, the picture just goes off the screen, eg I can't see the menu borders on the top and bottom).

Is there any way to fix this short of buying a new monitor? This is the only game I've ever had this problem for.

Starcraft II, per chance?

Look up a picture of the graphics option screen, and do your best guess at clicking the buttons. I had to do that when I PICKED an option that made the image too huge.

go to options than go to graphics/display and set to fit to screen...

Increase the monitors native resolution? Or play the game in a lower resolution? Or perhaps run the game in windowed mode if it allows it.

it sounds like your monitor and game arnt set to the right resolution, either the resolution of your monitor isnt high enough or your game is set too high

ummm change the resolution?

Double A:
Ok, I recently installed a game where the menus and game screen do not fit completely on my monitor (and instead of resizing, the picture just goes off the screen, eg I can't see the menu borders on the top and bottom).

Is there any way to fix this short of buying a new monitor? This is the only game I've ever had this problem for.

Resolution change. Shrink it down until your monitor stops crying.

Umm, adjust the resolution in the game to match your regular screen's resolution and you shouldn't have any problems.

I set the res to the lowest possible, (was 1280x960, changed to 1024x768) but there was no visible change.

I love computers, but I'm about as knowledgeable as a 60 year old when it comes to changing anything that isn't in an in-game menu or downloadable. So... please explain it as simply as possible. I'm sorry to make it so difficult. I just want to play Starcraft II.

how old is your monitor, lol.. because 1024x768 should be able to fit on any monitor made in the last decade and a half

Oh, found how to change them. It was set at 800x600. It's new-ish, I guess. It's newer than Oblivion.

Who knew search mode on a Microsoft OS would actually work?

you've been running your computer for years at 800x600 resolution?

you really are like a 60 year old man.

Altorin:
you've been running your computer for years at 800x600 resolution?

you really are like a 60 year old man.

I'm 16.

It worked fine for Empire Total War, the newest game I purchased before Starcraft II for my PC, and granted that I didn't play that after I realized how horrible it was, I really didn't need to change it. AOE III, AOM, M2TW, and Civ IV worked fine, and that's good enough for me.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked