What are your thoughts on Fallout: Las Vegas?
Crazy awesome! I am playing it whenever I can!
33.6% (284)
33.6% (284)
Its really good.
28.6% (242)
28.6% (242)
Its good.
15% (127)
15% (127)
Its ok.
8.9% (75)
8.9% (75)
Its mediocre.
6% (51)
6% (51)
Its bad.
1.2% (10)
1.2% (10)
Its really bad.
1.4% (12)
1.4% (12)
Its horrible, I hate it completely!
3.4% (29)
3.4% (29)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Fallout: Las Vegas is boring beyond belief

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Ultratwinkie:

Nomanslander:
Fallout: New Vegas is to Fallout 3 what Bioshock 2 was to Bioshock 1, it's a decent copy/paste with minor upgrades, but it just doesn't hold a candle to the previous game.

Playing FO:NV has just made me want to play FO3 again instead, so much for the original creators of the FO series...=/

that's only part of the creators, if someone can convince tim cain to come back you will see ungodly sequels to fallout. however since he venture at troika was finished he lost a LOT of confidence in himself and says "i just want to make games. i no longer go to dev studios about my amazing game ideas like i used to."

without the entire black isle team under one roof, its hopeless.

It certainly was sad that Troika folded so quickly. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines was utterly brilliant, even if it was a bit shallow. It was the Deus Ex sequel I wanted but never got.

Eclectic Dreck:

Ultratwinkie:

Nomanslander:
Fallout: New Vegas is to Fallout 3 what Bioshock 2 was to Bioshock 1, it's a decent copy/paste with minor upgrades, but it just doesn't hold a candle to the previous game.

Playing FO:NV has just made me want to play FO3 again instead, so much for the original creators of the FO series...=/

that's only part of the creators, if someone can convince tim cain to come back you will see ungodly sequels to fallout. however since he venture at troika was finished he lost a LOT of confidence in himself and says "i just want to make games. i no longer go to dev studios about my amazing game ideas like i used to."

without the entire black isle team under one roof, its hopeless.

It certainly was sad that Troika folded so quickly. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines was utterly brilliant, even if it was a bit shallow. It was the Deus Ex sequel I wanted but never got.

well yeah. he was brilliant since he made fallout, arcanum, and vampire masquerade. he is the underappreciated will wright beaten down by an unoriginal industry to the point he gave up and became a mindless drone.

GamesB2:

Mcface:
At the time i was playing Easy hardcore.
Then i switched to Normal regular after i got annoyed at the stimpack thing.

Fair enough just checking.

I didn't realise I could turn the difficulty down in Oblivion for about 6 months.

Eek. i kinda learned the hard way in oblivion after fighting that undead lord i nthe basement of that house in the one harbor town. He kicked me ass so many times.

It's an excellent Rpg. You can actually solve most quests by talking to people instead of blowing their heads off.

I think New Vegas is a Yahtzee sequel.

I mean, anyone remember when he talked about how he thinks sequels should be made by people who didn't like the first game? That's the vibe I get. It's a sequel, built on the same tech and with the same core gameplay, but created by a studio who didn't really enjoy Fallout 3 too much. And God bless 'em, 'cause I think this game is waaaaaay better than Bethesda's take.

It actually takes a good 8-10 hours before the game really picks up in pace. Around the time you get close to New Vegas itself. I was fine with the slightly slower pace up to now, though...it's meant to give you a sense of emptiness after the apocalypse.

All the important elements are much improved over Fallout 3. Gameplay variation, balance, in-depth RPG components, etc.

Just shows you how far Bethesda have fallen when Obsidian can use half the time, half the development team size, and half the resources to release something better.

I love it... Fallout 3 was my favourite game for a very long time, I invested a lot of time in that game and I for one, am happy New Vegas is more of the same.

I've been enjoying FO3 since yesterday, so NV would have been insta-buy if I wasn't so late to the party.

Can you kill kids now?

if you played the first one and liked and played this one and it sucked, then i'd start pointing my finger at Obsidian cause this is the exact same thing they did to KOTOR.

Ehh oh well. I wasn't playing on getting Fallout: Las Vegas anyway. I've had my eye on Fallout: New Vegas for a much longer time now.

OT: Well you are entitled to your opinion either way, but I don't think that once I get it I'll find it as boring. It doesn't sound that different from Fallout 3 to me and I had no problem with that game. In fact I spent hours just wandering around in that game finding little fun areas scattered about. It seems that New Vegas is more of the same with a few more RPG elements and in a different setting. I'll have to find out myself when I get it.

Ironic Pirate:
I've heard that the combat is a lot better than Fallout 3, can anyone confirm this?

I guess I can, I like the combat better, part of it is the new iron sight system, it actually uses iron sights, and really the Ai is alot better, they got me cornered about 5-7 times while attacking the powder gang's main fort (Somehow I blew my cover even though I didn't do anything wrong) and survived only to the massive amount of health regenerating foods I had

I haven't played NV, but just wondering, is it to Fallout 3 what ODST was to the other Halos?

Just wondering.

Game4Fun:

Ironic Pirate:
I've heard that the combat is a lot better than Fallout 3, can anyone confirm this?

I guess I can, I like the combat better, part of it is the new iron sight system, it actually uses iron sights, and really the Ai is alot better, they got me cornered about 5-7 times while attacking the powder gang's main fort (Somehow I blew my cover even though I didn't do anything wrong) and survived only to the massive amount of health regenerating foods I had

Melee and unarmed combat are also better. You get to learn various takedowns and unique moves that correspond to each. And some melee weapons have bonuses (like extra limb damage or knockdown chance).

Noble Cookie:
I haven't played NV, but just wondering, is it to Fallout 3 what ODST was to the other Halos?

Just wondering.

Can't speak to that, but New Vegas is to Fallout 3 what Assassin's Creed 2 was to Assassin's Creed. Except it probably improves even more on it.

Honestly, I think there's little improvement to the overall gameplay and graphics of the game, but honestly the world itself is much more immersive, it's better written, and they actually have some good voice actors this time around.

I didn't really like FO3 much to be honest.

NeedAUserName:
Well, clearly you've been playing the wrong game. Fallout:New Vegas is awesome. I spent most of my time today playing it (only got released today in the UK).

Owned.
I haven't got it but I'm saving up.....

Noble Cookie:

Just wondering.

Fucking fail metaphor. it's completely different, just go and do some research.

New Vegas is everything that Fallout 3 should have been, imo, and considerably improves on the childish and poor writing and design that Bethesdas product was all about.

I've got it, and I agree it's fucking boring. The shooting mechanics still suck and I don't really find the world all that interesting, plus it runs like shit on PC and there's a bug every 2 minutes.

I love it. Yea, it's buggy (though from what I've seen, I'm having far less bugs with it on my 360 than my friends who got their copies for PC) and yea, the setup isn't quite as good. You know what it does better, though? You actually, REALLY, can affect the way things play out. In FO3, the brotherhood were the good guys and the enclave were the bad guys, and that was that. You got the help of the brotherhood to defeat the enclave, and even though there were multiple endings, there wasn't too much variation between them.

New Vegas? Three major factions, align yourself with whoever you want (or not at all) have the other factions align with your faction of choice (or not at all) and see how it all plays out in the big fight for Hoover Dam. Ofcourse I haven't beaten the game yet, so for all I know, it doesn't matter who you side with, maybe the NCR always wins. I will report after I beat it.

meganmeave:

theSovietConnection:

meganmeave:
Well, I'm loving it. But then, I also love the bleak as hell setting. One of my most favorite things to do is happen upon some busted up gas station or convenient store, and scavenge around in it. It makes it feel more like I am in the wastes that way.

And I have been enjoying the main story, and all the side stories. I loved Come Fly With Me. And now even my companions have stories. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me.

Agree with this. I love New Vegas standard more then I ever loved 3 standard. To me, the world almost feels more alive, for lack of a better term. I can't explain it, the world just feels desolate, but at the same time, full.

Exactly. There's a lot of nothing in between areas, but I am constantly surprised when I go into a new town and it seems to be thriving.

When I first got to the strip, and saw all those people walking everywhere, it was like Megaton times ten.

And of course, it doesn't hurt that there is other life out there. Subtle things, like plants, and like the birds that fly away when you approach somewhere. It's surprising how a couple of birds can make a place not seem so dead and lonely.

One thing I couldn't help but think to myself, though, is how much more awesome it would be if the motorcycles were driveable. I don't know why, something about that post-apocalyptic Mojave Desert screams "DRIVE A MOTORCYCLE!" at me.

Hardcore_gamer:
snip

I wouldn't have any idea what you would like. I am not sure I have ever seen a post that wasn't negative towards something posted by you.

theSovietConnection:

meganmeave:

theSovietConnection:

meganmeave:
Well, I'm loving it. But then, I also love the bleak as hell setting. One of my most favorite things to do is happen upon some busted up gas station or convenient store, and scavenge around in it. It makes it feel more like I am in the wastes that way.

And I have been enjoying the main story, and all the side stories. I loved Come Fly With Me. And now even my companions have stories. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me.

Agree with this. I love New Vegas standard more then I ever loved 3 standard. To me, the world almost feels more alive, for lack of a better term. I can't explain it, the world just feels desolate, but at the same time, full.

Exactly. There's a lot of nothing in between areas, but I am constantly surprised when I go into a new town and it seems to be thriving.

When I first got to the strip, and saw all those people walking everywhere, it was like Megaton times ten.

And of course, it doesn't hurt that there is other life out there. Subtle things, like plants, and like the birds that fly away when you approach somewhere. It's surprising how a couple of birds can make a place not seem so dead and lonely.

One thing I couldn't help but think to myself, though, is how much more awesome it would be if the motorcycles were driveable. I don't know why, something about that post-apocalyptic Mojave Desert screams "DRIVE A MOTORCYCLE!" at me.

honestly i could agree to this. normally i hate loud ass old harley like motorcycles, but hopping on one and going terminator style with a shotgun doing a drive by decapitation of a fiend? fucking priceless. i would do that over. and over. and over....

meganmeave:

theSovietConnection:

meganmeave:

Man, there are plants. I went exploring and happened into an actual living forest. With green leaves and everything. But, this being Fallout, it freaked me out and made me extremely paranoid.

It's like Fallout 3 but good. That doesn't really mean much since F3 was pure garbage, but everything's been improved to varying degrees (except the engine obviously, which is still utter garbage) VATS is still fucked, and absolutely useless for a melee character. So yeah, it's in the same vein of Oblivion and F3 so of course it's not gonna be that good, but hey at last this one is decent without mods.

DustyDrB:

meganmeave:

theSovietConnection:

meganmeave:

Man, there are plants. I went exploring and happened into an actual living forest. With green leaves and everything. But, this being Fallout, it freaked me out and made me extremely paranoid.

Same thing happened to me when I found the oasis

Hardcore_gamer:
I bought Fallout: Las Vegas after hearing all of the praise about the game. And after having invested a considerable chunk of the day into the game it has almost put me to sleep.

Don't get me wrong, I knew in advance what kind of game this was and I was never expecting any kind of a fast paced shooter or anything, but the game is just bloody boring. There are a number of reasons for this, for starters the story feels dull and it never really held my attention not counting the first few min during the opening cutscenes. Another reason is that the characters feel and look very bland, dull and uninteresting thanks to the stiff and lifeless character models, the highly mediocre graphics and the sub-par voice acting.

And speaking of graphics, the game looks pretty ugly. The actual game world is empty, bland and lifeless (and don't give me the "but the game takes place after a nuclear war and that makes it ok" excuse. The plot/setting doesn't justify throwing the player into a series of dull uninteresting environments) which means that there is no real satisfaction to be had in exploring the game world. If anything it just becomes a chore having to wander through it. The interfaces are also confusing and annoying, that arm-computer thing you carry feels overly complex, its not that I can't understand it, its just so tedious to use.

Another thing that I just can't stand is the slow pace of the game. Yes I know this is a RPG first and a shooter second, but that doesn't mean I should be spending most of my time just walking around from A to B while doing nothing exiting at all. I have started to wander how long the promised "50+ or so hours of gameplay" I heard about would actually last if the game removed all of the annoying "walking around and figuring out where to go" parts and just left the actual interesting gameplay parts.

And wtf is up with guns being so inaccurate if you fire them yourself? I know you are suppose to level up to become better with the guns and stuff but it just feels so outrageous when you line up a perfect headshot and yet mess anyways simply because of how guns/stats work in the game.

Also, bugs.

Don't get me wrong, if you love the game then Kudos to you, but I for one regret buying the game.

Anyways, I will probably sell the game back to the store and hopefully get some of my money back.

What are your thoughts on Fallout: Las Vegas?

Do something for me, turn the in-game radio off, turn the game music off, turn ambient all the way up, stand up on tall point in the game looking through first person. now tell me that you didn't feel something, this (Nuclear Apocalypse) could actually happen (minus super mutants and stuff) and you could very well be looking at our world in 200+ years, just try tell me that this doesn't have some form of emotional impact on you.

It's good.... But I regret buying it. Not only because they're being douchebags and making XBox exclusive DLC, but because the game just feels really.... dull. Trust me, I've been trying my best to enjoy it but it's just not as good as Fallout 3.

I put it to poor decisions, with Fallout 3, the begining was amazing; it allowed you to get a feel for your character and become more immersed in the game; when you first leave the vault, you're given a view of the scenery and from that moment, you itch to explore. It's the knowledge that what's happening is a significant event, leaving the vault for the first time in your life, not knowing what to expect.

With Fallout New Vegas, you're just leaving a house. That's all.

Fallout New Vegas.... it should of just been an expansion pack, even if at the same retail price as it is as a sequel. The game just isn't a sequel, depite my earlier posts thinking that it was. Once you change the HUD green, you honestly can't tell the difference from F3.

The game just feels a bit of a newbie mod, they used all the tools given to Fallout 3, then just modified crap. Nothing feels significantly new..

But yeah, I'm still gonna play and I'm just hoping that in time, I enjoy it more :)

MiracleOfSound:

Straying Bullet:
New Vegas feels like an expansion pack.

Bullshit.

The game is nothing like an expansion pack.

The desert/western look is completely different, more along the lines of RDR.

The Vegas area itself is absolutely massive, with 7 or 8 uniquely designed urban areas... and that's before you even arrive at the Strip.

The faction system makes the entire game mechanics and story delivery utterly different to F3.

Many of the basic mechanics have been changed up, such as repairing items, building your own ammo, modding weapons, being able to aim down sights... ect

It is brighter, more colourful, more cheerful and light of tone than Fallout 3, more akin to Fallout 2.

The writing is very different. There is much more humour and wackiness, again more like the older games.

It is much harder than F3. Wonder into the wrong area too early and you will die.

There is tonnes more content, both physically in the world and quest related. I's go as far as to hazard a guess that there is almost twice as much content in the game than there was in F3.

Expansion pack my arse.

I like the fact my comment went way over your head, I suggest you read more.

Your rather ill-mannered response amused me to a certain point but here is something that will completly void all your statements and remarks you try to pose as a fact for me.

I said the game FEELS like it. I didn't said it IS an expansion pack but my perception is different than yours and so is my opinion. Once more, an opinion, not a fact. It doesn't help much they use that same engine I come to loathe.

Reading skills, my arse. No offense intended, we can be civilized still. ;)

To me this game has a lot more of the Fallout charm than 3 ever had. I like this one a lot better than 3, it's probably one of my favorite Fallouts above all. It just feels much more true to story, and with the iron sights the shooting blows 3 out of the water! I Love the game so far. The OP is fucking crazy!

Straying Bullet:

I like the fact my comment went way over your head, I suggest you read more.

Your rather ill-mannered response amused me to a certain point but here is something that will completly void all your statements and remarks you try to pose as a fact for me.

I said the game FEELS like it. I didn't said it IS an expansion pack but my perception is different than yours and so is my opinion. Once more, an opinion, not a fact. It doesn't help much they use that same engine I come to loathe.

Reading skills, my arse. No offense intended, we can be civilized still. ;)

Well actually most of the reasons I gave are factual as they exist in the game and all the changed mechanics I listed are all factually different to thier Fallout 3 versions.

My apologies for being so ill-mannered though, I was just fed up with hearing about how the game feels like an EP when to me it feels anything but.

Monkeyman8:
I VATS is still fucked, and absolutely useless for a melee character. .

If you're using a melee character, I suggest you take a trip to Vault 3, there's something nice there for you ;)

Its a good game but it has bugs, crahses, obvious invisible walls and such. If it annoys me too much I just use "tcl".

Hardcore_gamer:
The actual game world is empty, bland and lifeless

That's actually what the world around Vegas looks like. Real life.

Dunno if it's CRAZY AWESOME!! But it's really. REALLY good.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked